Special Heroes: Lovely Gifts

Sunwoo

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Yup. And Nemesis as well. 

Typically if there is a muscled old dude in a video game there's about a 90% mister Price will be voicing him. 

He also did Papa Nier, IIRC. Basically, if there's a Best Dad candidate in a JRPG, odds are high that it's him. Minus Rudolf, perhaps.

9 hours ago, Zeo said:

Alm and Celica's duo skill heals allies for 30 HP and gives +6 to ATK and SPD. Pretty basic but very useful I think. Especially in PvE.

That is basic, but sometimes simplest is best. That sounds really effective. Have we gotten confirmation for this with the datamine?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

That is basic, but sometimes simplest is best. That sounds really effective. Have we gotten confirmation for this with the datamine?

Restores 30 HP, neutralizes [Penalty], and grants Atk/Spd+6 to unit and allies within 5 rows and 5 columns centered on unit for 1 turn.

It's kinda broken, because not only It has a big range, but also looks like It doesn't have unit type limitation, like how Alfonse's skill only works with infantry or how Marth's skill only works with Armored and Flying allies.

With that said, I kinda wanted it to be Atk/Def+6, since his C skill already grants Spd.

12 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Restores 30 HP, neutralizes [Penalty], and grants Atk/Spd+6 to unit and allies within 5 rows and 5 columns centered on unit for 1 turn.

That's crazy! Definitely a contender for best Duo Skill so far, right?

11 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

if there is no restrictions - i say so. 
Hector's is still best (I think) because just the damage. unless the person has wrath. but a global heal and buff is pretty damned sweet. 

(Almlica you are making it very hard to say no to you. why couldn't you be ....someone i didn't love so much).

16 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

It looks especially useful for Aether Raids during Anima season to counter Thrasir and Duma's skill effects.

32 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

but a global heal and buff is pretty damned sweet. 

It's not a global heal. It has a range for it, but it's a pretty good range. It's the same as a healing tower.

Edit: For me, "global effects" are things like Chill skills or Eir's Sparkling Boost, that doesn't matter where your units or foes are, they will be affected by these skills.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

It's not a global heal. It has a range for it, but it's a pretty good range. It's the same as a healing tower.

Edit: For me, "global effects" are things like Chill skills or Eir's Sparkling Boost, that doesn't matter where your units or foes are, they will be affected by these skills.

no that's fair.  - a wide heal area then. it's still very very nice. 

Hmm. Pretty sure I want to go for Alm, I'd like to get Conrad as well but I'm not sure if I want to spend additional orbs beyond just taking reds in non-green sessions.

Whoa. So, watching the vid to see the skills/weapons and looking at that Thorn Lance. Um... Well, take a look. "Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count -1.) At start of combat, if unit's Atk > foe's Atk, inflicts Atk/Def -6 on foe during combat and foe cannot make a follow-up attack." It doesn't have a condition for who starts combat. It's just whoever starts combat. Meaning, every time combat happens, whether you start it or the foe starts it. The only condition is how high your atk is. If all the weapons are like this, then imagine how great these would be on high-atk units! This is bonkers! =D

Update: Okay, so, the Melee Bouquet+ has a condition: the user has to be the one to initiate combat. However, there's no comparing of stats.

Shoot, I wish I had more orbs. XD

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Hmm. Pretty sure I want to go for Alm, I'd like to get Conrad as well but I'm not sure if I want to spend additional orbs beyond just taking reds in non-green sessions.

Thinking about this - the odds of incidentally picking up Conrad on the way to Alm only from non-green sessions are so high (I think close to 50/50), spending orbs on him before getting Alm seems silly.

I'll see if I happen to pick up Conrad, but mostly, I think I'm going for all of them Alm and Rudolf. (Faye's so busted, though. Her kit is awesome for killing everyone. But...why bows? She can't actually use bows in her home game so...?) But which to go after first? Should I prioritize green or blue? Maybe green since I also would like another 4* Boey to finish my Boey project. Or maybe I'll just pull on all the greens and blues I see, heheh... Though, I don't really have the orbs to do that...

Edit: Oh man so I read some of the new meet the heroes entries. Looks like everyone's wearing a plant (mostly flowers) that represents them in some way! I love what a thoughtful touch that is to include in the designs! =D

Edited by Mercakete

26 minutes ago, spaghettibrat said:

honestly i was really into faye's art until they pointed out that she has baskets full of meat...like that's nastyyy

As long as it is preserved properly, there is nothing wrong with a basket of meat. Steak are typically aged for about a month for those who are into aged steak, maybe even two, although for modern safety standards, it is best to age them in a special type of fridge rather than out in the open. Things like cured meats and jerky can probably last at least a few months.

Oh wow. I realized Faye was the same voice actress as Laphicet but I didn't recall it being quite such an exact match. Faye speaks and Phi's voice is coming out. 

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I need to say, Alm and Celica conversation is so adorable. It makes me so happy.

D'aaaaw, Celica thinking about Mae and Boey. 

That was a long conversation, wow.

Wait... Nomah and Genny? 

I knew Genny liked older men, but I didn't know she liked THAT old.

Edited by Nym

The two daggers he’s carrying were gifts from his son, Alm, and his nephew, Berkut. It’s no coincidence that both daggers look the same—I’m told this was done on purpose to keep Berkut from getting grumpy… https://guide.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-GB/02009000500483/

God damnit, Berkut, you're ruining everything with your grumpy jealousy. I guess that's supposed to be "for his son" instead "from his son" or it wouldn't make sense.

I got Alm&Celica on my very first draw (my first duo hero), which is neat, but I'd rather have Rudolf. He's hilarious. Alm's nervousness and shyness was also adorable. Such a cute sidequest.

Berkut's jealousy and anger at Alm are totally understandable, come on. He was groomed his whole life to take the throne and did all he could to be worthy of it. Then all of a sudden everything he worked for is taken away. I'd be upset and jealous too.

43 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Berkut's jealousy and anger at Alm are totally understandable, come on. He was groomed his whole life to take the throne and did all he could to be worthy of it. Then all of a sudden everything he worked for is taken away. I'd be upset and jealous too.

Sure it’s understandable, but unfortunately for Berkut he is also such an unpleasant, arrogant asshat that it’s difficult to feel sorry for him. I certainly don’t feel sorry for him (or for Faye and her refusal to move from Alm for that matter).

And if anything, Berkut’s breakdown after learning the truth is peak comedy.

19 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Sure it’s understandable, but unfortunately for Berkut he is also such an unpleasant, arrogant asshat that it’s difficult to feel sorry for him. I certainly don’t feel sorry for him (or for Faye and her refusal to move from Alm for that matter).

And if anything, Berkut’s breakdown after learning the truth is peak comedy.

Yeah, I won't condone how he handled his situation. He definitely didn't handle it properly. Just saying some anger and jealousy is understandable, is all.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, I do have some sympathy for him (and the God damnit was said with an amused smile and an eyeroll). But it's also really really petty that he's grumpy if he doesn't get exactly the same present as Alm. And honestly, that kind of childish pettiness is not something a future emperor should have. Nor a decent adult human being, actually.

I managed to get Conrad on my free pull so I am happy.  Alm and Celica would be nice, but I want to have orbs for the new heroes banner so I am holding off for now.

1 hour ago, Sweet Summer Tana said:

Oh, I do have some sympathy for him (and the God damnit was said with an amused smile and an eyeroll). But it's also really really petty that he's grumpy if he doesn't get exactly the same present as Alm. And honestly, that kind of childish pettiness is not something a future emperor should have. Nor a decent adult human being, actually.

Oh yeah, I can agree with that. It is petty.

5 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Sure it’s understandable, but unfortunately for Berkut he is also such an unpleasant, arrogant asshat that it’s difficult to feel sorry for him.

Yeah. Not only is he embarrassingly classist, he goes out of his way to antagonise Alm and throws a tantrum when it blows up in his face (that time he attacks Alm at the start of Act 3 or 4 simply "for the lulz" springs to mind). It'd be one thing if he was minding his own business when Alm showed up, but he's so full of himself and always messing with people to the point where you really can't take him seriously or feel bad for him. Heck, the only reason he got any reaction out of me is because of the incredible job Ian Sinclair did for him. The voice acting in that game was already perfect but he was definitely one of the highlights on top of that excellence.

@EricaofRenais: That's awesome! I really wanted Conrad too, but I'm saving Orbs for future banners too~

P.S. I'm not the biggest fan of Alm and Celica, but even I have to admit their conversation their conversation was really sweet. D'aww... (Is it just me, or is it longer than the ones we've had before?)

Edited by DefyingFates