May 2020 New Heroes Speculation

Expectations vs Hopes  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What game are you predicting the banner to be based on?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • FEH Original
    • Multiple games/themed
  2. 2. What game would you want it to be for?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • FEH Original
    • Multiple games/themed

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/04/2020 at 06:32 PM

1 hour ago, redlight said:

Fallen 3 if Anankos in Tap Battle is anything to go by

I like how you said that about as casually as the game was when it included major Fates spoilers in freaking Tap Battle of all places.

Though yeah, the second Fallen banner was last year’s New Heroes banner of May so I’d say there’s at least a decent chance that this incoming banner is Fallen the Third.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

voted Fates for both questions, since i always keep my expectations extremely low when it comes to FEH banners, and i'm out of orbs so i don't want any banner that i might be interested in to be announced

I will pull only if it is fallen, which I hope it is as I enjoy that theme. Also, I would love to see Fallen Julia with nosferatu. 

However, Tellius would not be a bad idea. It has been a while since the game had a banner, also if Fallen is skipped for a Tellius (or nearly any banner) more orbs for Brave Edelgard which I had forgotten about. 

I'm indifferent to the Fallen Heroes theme, but if it happens I really hope they stop using it to create alts of the same weapon and move type as the base units. Looking at you, Berkut and Mareeta. Celica is arguable since she arrived before the completely unnecessary double-up in CYL. And Hardin, well, who knows what the future holds?

Given the risk of those double-ups, I guess I'd lean towards not having it. Happy to go with the crowd here with Tellius being due. Don't mind who's on it so much these days because of the guaranteed 5-star summon, meaning it's safe to cherry pick the one (on average) standout unit of the banner. Hell, I don't even know who most of the candidates mentioned so far on this thread are, but that means I have no reason to dread any of the possible options either. Unless of course they decide it's time to add yet another powercreeped version of BK...

9 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I'm indifferent to the Fallen Heroes theme, but if it happens I really hope they stop using it to create alts of the same weapon and move type as the base units. Looking at you, Berkut and Mareeta. Celica is arguable since she arrived before the completely unnecessary double-up in CYL. And Hardin, well, who knows what the future holds?

Given the risk of those double-ups, I guess I'd lean towards not having it. Happy to go with the crowd here with Tellius being due. Don't mind who's on it so much these days because of the guaranteed 5-star summon, meaning it's safe to cherry pick the one (on average) standout unit of the banner. Hell, I don't even know who most of the candidates mentioned so far on this thread are, but that means I have no reason to dread any of the possible options either. Unless of course they decide it's time to add yet another powercreeped version of BK...

To be fair, Mareeta got her fallen version before her regular one. And unlike Celica, it was the only unit type she could really have. But yeah, the doubling up gets frustrating, especially when it's avoidable. 

As for regular Hardin, I think he would probably be lance cavalry. 

If we ever get Fallen Greil, I hope he's a sword infantry. 

1 minute ago, Othin said:

To be fair, Mareeta got her fallen version before her regular one. And unlike Celica, it was the only unit type she could really have. But yeah, the doubling up gets frustrating, especially when it's avoidable. 

As for regular Hardin, I think he would probably be lance cavalry. 

If we ever get Fallen Greil, I hope he's a sword infantry. 

Exactly, I differentiate between Mareeta and Celica because I at the time of her release, Fallen Infantry Sword Celica was a thoroughly reasonable pick. The CYL decision was the bad one and thus Fallen Celica only appears bad in hindsight.

Contrast Mareeta where any reasonable person would know that her base form, regardless of when it eventually would be added, would be guaranteed to be an infantry sword. Therefore the decision to include her on the Fallen banner was the bad one, immediately apparent the moment the unit launched.

On the plus side, I didn't know Hardin was a mounted rider so I'm glad to hear that he should be safe.

I wouldn't mind a fallen banner (Fallen Lilith,  anyone?), or a fates banner with my sad boy Dwyer in it haha. I really love him and want him on the team. However, a Tellius or Three Houses banner would be really nice, as we still have a ton of 3H characters to get through and we haven't had a good Tellius banner in awhile. There are some units from Tellius that I would love to have.

25 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Exactly, I differentiate between Mareeta and Celica because I at the time of her release, Fallen Infantry Sword Celica was a thoroughly reasonable pick. The CYL decision was the bad one and thus Fallen Celica only appears bad in hindsight.

Contrast Mareeta where any reasonable person would know that her base form, regardless of when it eventually would be added, would be guaranteed to be an infantry sword. Therefore the decision to include her on the Fallen banner was the bad one, immediately apparent the moment the unit launched.

On the plus side, I didn't know Hardin was a mounted rider so I'm glad to hear that he should be safe.

Yeah, that's fair. I was excited for Fallen Mareeta because it was a chance to get another FE5 character in the game at all, but it lost its point once she got a regular one. Having pulled for her feels like a waste now. 

And yeah, Hardin was mounted in FE1, he only became armored in FE3.

Personally I could be happy with a Fallen 3 banner if it was like, breath cavalry Gunter, sword Greil, and Nyna. To round it out... going for color balance, if I assume there's no room for more guys or new units, maybe Ursula or Mikoto for the green unit, and red tome Julia as the GHB?

Tellius and awakening have had the longest without 

but we could really use genealogy. Only lords to have literally 0 alts are Byleth, Dimitri, Claude (all from the newest game) (and I guess Itsuki) 

and then Sigurd and Seliph. 

Oh man I LOVE Fallen Heroes! I guess that doesn't count as a seasonal banner, huh? I'd love some Fallen Heroes. ^w^ Medallion Griel, Wild Boar Dimitri, Loptusu Twins Julia and Julius duo unit...

15 hours ago, Icelerate said:

The Tellius bias is real! For real though, I want to see the Dawn Brigade and Crimean retainers in the game among other characters. 

The Tellius bias is real, and I love it. I think this might be the most overwhelming majority of any of these polls I've done.

4 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

Please not Tellius, I don’t have the orbs for that. I want more Tellius, but not now.

I mean, you can always save orbs for when your desired character returns on a Units with x Skill Banner. That generally gives you better summon rates anyway.

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

Oh man I LOVE Fallen Heroes! I guess that doesn't count as a seasonal banner, huh? I'd love some Fallen Heroes. ^w^ Medallion Griel, Wild Boar Dimitri, Loptusu Twins Julia and Julius duo unit...

My one gripe with Fallen Heroes is that it takes up a New Heroes slot rather than a Special Heroes/Seasonal one.

21 hours ago, Etheus said:

I hope we don't get another Fates banner for a looooooong time. With the addition of Rinkah, the last Fates character that I consider to be essential has been added, and I'd consider most of the remaining characters to be scraping the bottom of the Fates barrel. 

That's a weird way of spelling Forrest. 

But yes. There really isn't anyone left for Fates to add. The Corinsexuals have a limited fanbase which was probably part of how IS designed them, Hayato seems the least popular Ricken by far and Kiragi is only decently popular. There's Anankos but everyone seems to agree that he was kind of a dud. 

22 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

That's a weird way of spelling Forrest. 

But yes. There really isn't anyone left for Fates to add. The Corinsexuals have a limited fanbase which was probably part of how IS designed them, Hayato seems the least popular Ricken by far and Kiragi is only decently popular. There's Anankos but everyone seems to agree that he was kind of a dud. 

There's also Regular Charlotte I suppose, as well as Benny and Nyx. But really, other than those three, everyone who absolutely has to be in the game is already here. And considering we just got Iago as a GHB, that would mean if we got another Fates banner, the GHB would likely be Hans, so please no more Fates banners.

57 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

There's also Regular Charlotte I suppose, as well as Benny and Nyx. But really, other than those three, everyone who absolutely has to be in the game is already here. And considering we just got Iago as a GHB, that would mean if we got another Fates banner, the GHB would likely be Hans, so please no more Fates banners.

I'd like Orochi and Scarlet to show up at some point, although I'm not in a hurry. Certainly not anytime soon, there's a lot of other games that should get their turns first. 

Oh yeah, I'd like a Warriors banner at some point. I'd make it Rowan, Lianna, Guardian Knight Frederick, and...Linde in whatever her promoted class was. I forgot. Was it Sage? I got no clue. But anyway. Darios is GHB (even if it results in him having blah stats, this would make the most sense for him, and it'd be silly to have three red units on this banner), and Rowan is the 4 star focus and demote.

I am biased for Freddy, yes, but as I'd mentioned, he's in need of an update, and also, axe cavalry is a rare type in the regular pool. I'd prefer to see red and blue Freddy alts at some point to complete the spectrum for him, but since he's still an axe wielder in Warriors, it makes sense for Guardian Knight Freddy to get a beefed up Armored Axe/Frederick's Axe. Especially after IS did OG Freddy so dirty with that lame ass refine.

Linde also only has one alt herself and it's not too special, even if she is cute. lol And OG Linde is kinda outdated. Plus she'd be blue and fits with the 30th anniversary.

Edited by Anacybele

52 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, I'd like a Warriors banner at some point. I'd make it Rowan, Lianna, Guardian Knight Frederick, and...Linde in whatever her promoted class was. I forgot. Was it Sage? I got no clue. But anyway. Darios is GHB (even if it results in him having blah stats, this would make the most sense for him, and it'd be silly to have three red units on this banner), and Rowan is the 4 star focus and demote.

I am biased for Freddy, yes, but as I'd mentioned, he's in need of an update, and also, axe cavalry is a rare type in the regular pool. I'd prefer to see red and blue Freddy alts at some point to complete the spectrum for him, but since he's still an axe wielder in Warriors, it makes sense for Guardian Knight Freddy to get a beefed up Armored Axe/Frederick's Axe. Especially after IS did OG Freddy so dirty with that lame ass refine.

Linde also only has one alt herself and it's not too special, even if she is cute. lol And OG Linde is kinda outdated. Plus she'd be blue and fits with the 30th anniversary.

Why not have Warriors Anna on there?

5 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Why not have Warriors Anna on there?

To me, the biggest standout Warriors outfits are Ryoma's, Takumi's, and Navarre's.

Anyway, my problem with a Warriors banner is that the game leans so overwhelmingly into swords. Making a roster with both good original costumes and banner color diversity would be difficult.

(Also, Rowan should remain in the trash bin, where he rightly belongs as the worst lord in franchise history).

15 minutes ago, Etheus said:

To me, the biggest standout Warriors outfits are Ryoma's, Takumi's, and Navarre's.

Anyway, my problem with a Warriors banner is that the game leans so overwhelmingly into swords. Making a roster with both good original costumes and banner color diversity would be difficult.

(Also, Rowan should remain in the trash bin, where he rightly belongs as the worst lord in franchise history).

If Rowan and Lianna were an axe and lance lord like they were originally intended to be, I could see an easy banner of Rowan, Lianna, Darios, and Warriors Anna, but alas, that is not meant to be.

And nah, Corrin's still worse

1 minute ago, Gregster101 said:

If Rowan and Lianna were an axe and lance lord like they were originally intended to be, I could see an easy banner of Rowan, Lianna, Darios, and Warriors Anna, but alas, that is not meant to be.

And nah, Corrin's still worse

Honestly, at this point, Warriors 1 is not relevant enough to have a banner. If they make a Warriors 2, hopefully they're smart enough to get the weapon diversity of their inevitable OCs right this time. Then they can pick and choose those OCs plus Lianna and Darios.

(And Rowan is a million times worse than Corrin. Corrin is boring. Rowan is annoying.)

5 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Y'know this would be pretty interesting since he'd be a fallen acting on his own will instead of possessed, mind-controlled or lost to bestial urges. I've wanted to see a Fallen unit in the sense that they are genuinely at their lowest point.