His next incarnation in Heroes: Seliph (A Small Research on what you would like to see in next Seliph alt)

Seliph, that dude with blue hair  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How do you think his alt would be released?

• Event Alt (Summer, Spring, that stuff)
    • Legendary/Mythic Hero
    • Regular Unit at New Heroes Banner
    • Duo Hero (I'm keeping this out of the others because it's a little bit more rare)
    • Other/Something I missed
    • Tempest Unit/Grand Hero Battle
    • ''Don't care'' Option
  2. 2. Color Type?

• Red
    • Blue (don't forget that he can use lances in his promotion)
    • Green
    • Colorless
    • ''Don't care'' Option
  3. 3. Physical or Magical Unit?

• Physical
    • Magical
    • ''Don't care'' Option
  4. 4. Move type?

• Infantry
    • Cavalry
    • Armor
    • Flying
    • ''Don't care'' Option
  5. 5. What he brings to the table?

• New Skill + P.Weapon
    • Personal Skills + P.Weapon (no new skills)
    • P.Skills + P.Weapon + N.Skills
    • Nothing new besides his P.Weapon
    • ''Don't care'' Option

I believe that Seliph (and probably Sigurd) are pretty near of getting a new alt, so I was curious of how would you like it to be.

This is quite laid-back, so please don't take it too seriously.

(Also, I know there are options that probably won't make more than 0 votes *like magic options* but I still added them for variety.)

Edited by BergelomeuSantos

I'm hoping he'll be a lance cavalry with Master Lance, but how am I supposed to know or care if one of his inheritable skills will be new or not. 

For question 1, I recommend adding another option as Tempest Trials/Grand Hero Battle. Some players prefer to use Grails over Orbs since Grails do not cost real money.

As a compliment to questions 2, 3 and 4, I recommend adding another question as "Ranged or Melee?" since Weapon range is pretty important for gameplay mechanics.

I also recommend adding some sort of "Does not matter" or "I do not care" or "No preference" option for each of the questions.

— — — — — — —

Onto the questions themselves:

1. I do not care how he is summoned, since I think all options have their up and down sides. If he is a Grail unit, that means he is free, it just it will take a really long time to merge him up if the player does not have a lot of Grails saved up. If he is a Duo unit or Legendary/Mythic unit, that means he has a higher chance of being super powerful, although much more expensive to merge. If he is a regular unit, he will be a bit easier and cheaper to merge and there is a chance that he may demote. If he is a Special Hero, I think alts and costumes are always fun, and if he is the demote of the Foci, that will be nice too.

2. 3. and 4.
I prefer a colorless non-armor ranged unit. Whether it is physical or magical does not matter. Infantry, cavalry, or flier does not matter.

5. It would be nice if he has an exclusive Weapon and exclusive skill, as well as bringing a new inheritable skill.

I want legendary staff cav Seliph. But I also wouldn't mind seeing him as a kid, maybe palling around with his little brother and sister, who are also kids so that Julius can be kind and sweet. 🙂

I'm on record as preferring the 3H lords to fill the next few Legendary slots in order to not create too much of a power or accessibility gap between them, so that's gives about half a year - five or six seasonal - in which Seliph could appear as a seasonal unit. I mean, we've got seasonal Bartre now so anyone is eligible and I'd call it a fair gamble. So in terms of what I think will happen, I'll go with that. I prefer my seasonals to be completely wild, so let's go blue or green cavalry dagger, because neither of those classes exist yet.

Now if it comes down to more of a wish than any real expectation, I'd prefer a Legendary over a seasonal, simply because Legendaries tend to be better, more accessible units. Not because I want Seliph in particular to be powerful (I have neither any opinion or any real knowledge about him as a character), but because I want any unit added to the game to be powerful. He's like Leif in this regard, possibly my favourite unit in the game currently and absolutely none of that being due to who he is. Anyway, in this scenario I'd like to see him be an infantry lance, cavalry axe or any sort of healer just to fill the gaping hopes in those niches, and because the truly wild classes are realistically off the table for a Legendary alt.

I don't think Seliph will be getting an alt other than his legendary tbh. And if he gets a legendary this year I fully expect him to drop in CYL5.

I'd like Legendary Seliph to have a magic effective Tyrfing (L!Sigurd can have some OC lance or whatever) and sky high res, and he can be unique by being our AoE special cancelling savior. Knowing IS though he'll probably end up L!Lyn tier and never get an alt after that.

4 hours ago, Othin said:

but how am I supposed to know or care if one of his inheritable skills will be new or not. 

Sorry, I was kinda of desperate for getting some extra questions.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

For question 1, I recommend adding another option as Tempest Trials/Grand Hero Battle. Some players prefer to use Grails over Orbs since Grails do not cost real money.

As a compliment to questions 2, 3 and 4, I recommend adding another question as "Ranged or Melee?" since Weapon range is pretty important for gameplay mechanics.

I also recommend adding some sort of "Does not matter" or "I do not care" or "No preference" option for each of the questions.

1-Sure!

2/3/4-I actually don't have another space. But I guess I could adapt the Physical/Magical thing.

Don't care option-Sure2!

I will try to change it right after I finish something in a game..

It would honestly be so sweet and heartwarming if Sigurd and Seliph were a Duo Hero. (The thought of a Duo Legendary Hero just occurred to me, and I feel that would be immensely broken). They could even pull what they did with the Whitewing Sisters and include Deirdre as a third character that's part of the "Duo" Hero. As for class, I would expect Cavalry or Infantry with Virtuous Tyrfing or something like that to parallel Julia if Seliph was a Legendary. As a Duo Hero, I'm not sure what Seliph would wield. I like @Humanoid's idea of a blue or green dagger cavalry.

1. Legendary. He's so overdue it isn't even funny anymore.

2. Red. If any Jugdral Legendary should have some form of Tyrfing, it's Seliph, in my opinion.

3. Physical.

4. Cavalry. We have Eliwood and Hrid, yes, but I think it's still the best option for Seliph.

5. Personal Weapon (new great form of Tyrfing), Personal Skill (all Legendaries have that, I think?), New Skill (hey why not).

No alts for him ever, at least until every Genealogy character is added. That game should be above that kind of main character worship.
But since that will never happen, I suppose I want Seliph as any non-red legendary and Sigurd as a groom duo with Deirdre. 

Edited by Baldrick

I would like for him to be a calvary sword, based on his promotion. His Tyfing shouldn't be oriented for GF something because then competition will be massive and we don't need more new Galeforce Cavs. Defensive or enemy/mixed phase cavaliers are not a thing most of the time while Galeforce cavs are all around so he could do that. 

Skillwise, I would like something like the weapon of legendary Chrom but with Atk/Spd and a different activation requirement like, enemy phase or foe is mage, staff or dragon, and remove the effective damage for a slaying effect or make it a typical dual Cav/Armor also instead of Atk it should give res+3 as the original did. Special can be whatever, Miracle is what I am thinking especially if his sword is slaying but it doesn't matter. He should have Lul Atk/Spd in the B slot and a personal A slot that has DC, nullifies cav Effectiveness and grants Atk/res +4 in enemy phase or the guard effect (Julia had 3 effects why not him). The C slot can be whatever but something like a new tier 4 skill is what I say (Atk smoke 4 or something like a joint drive for example ).

All monthly horoes have a personal weapon and skill and introduce a new inheritable one. Also what I suggested is pretty tame especially when considering that he will arrive in October the earliest as now that Edelgard got into the game it is only a matter of time before Dimitri and Claude are added in these monthly banners and with CYL4 increasing the BST range most likely and with powercreep becoming greater he could be an even bigger monster. 

Edited by SuperNova125

1 hour ago, IEatLasers said:

cyl/brave should have been an option

That falls under the New Heroes option since CYL Foci are considered to be New Heroes Foci. Outside of being picked by the players, there is not anything special that separates CYL units from other New Heroes units. BH!Ike and BH!Lyn are the only really special ones who got a BST bump when they were released, but that is pretty much it as far as being special goes.

Sorry for the delay, but I added the 'Don't care' option and Tempest Unit/Grand Hero Battle. (Not that it matters all that much because I doubt there's going to be  many new votes)

12 hours ago, IEatLasers said:

I think cyl/brave should have been an option but I would vote legendary 

Yes, but..won't that make his next incarnation be next year (which kinda contradicts my ''are pretty near of getting a new alt'')? Also, like @XRay said, they're pretty much a New Heroes Banner with the option of getting one for free.