Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I took them on Normal difficulty at merely endgame level and won out. My memory of it has has faded, but I think I've seen worse in Tales (Vesperia is fresh in my mind with its 2nd arc final fight and the final boss even without their postgame additional phase). I forget if I brought Guy or Luke, but it doesn't make a big difference, Natalia, Tear, and Anise were my other three. Natalia buffed and healed, Tear Holy Lance'd, and Anise Bloody Howling'd while the dude tried to keep the boss's attention. I recall being concerned about Life Bottles (who wouldn't, they're your only revival item) and TP-restoring Gels, because the long battle and the spellslinging ladies will guzzle through their TP, though giving Anise the Antlion Man doll can greatly curtail her TP consumption.

Doesn't sound too tough, then. More like a battle of attrition than anything else.
The difference between Guy and Luke, as far as I can remember, is that one is fast, the other isn't. I think Guy was overall more effective than Luke, but I could be wrong.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

36 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Hey!! I know that one! Señora Ramsey would be proud 😌

Gordon Ramsey's wife?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20200916_111339.jpg

Is it just me or is Monado Jump not... fitting? I dunno, maybe it's just me but it doesnt sound like it "belongs".

Also, now that you brought that up, why cant Shulk support his team allies with his Monado arts? That's something from the game that would wicked fun in Smash.

Edited by lightcosmo

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Hmmm, the hardest Tales of battle I've ever done was the arena battle in Vesperia against previous Tales of characters.

I think mine was either the one against Alexei in Tales of Vesperia or the one we talked about earlier against

Spoiler

Chronos

in Xillia 2.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

I think mine was either the one against Alexei in Tales of Vesperia or the one we talked about earlier against

Reveal hidden contents

Chronos

in Xillia 2.

Have you attempted the arena battles in Vesperia? I can usually only win if I get lucky, not because I'm good enough. And I'd say I'm pretty good at Vesperias system as well!

It didn't seem like that battle was even winnable, maybe I'm wrong?

37 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm not catching your reference. All I remember is a history professor of mine would with a joking exaggeration say Los Estados Uni-dos! to refer to the US, while at the same time informing everyone Mexico is also a "United States".

My reference is that I’m in a beginner Spanish class right now, and seeing something that I knew made me very happy. 😅

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Have you attempted the arena battles in Vesperia? I can usually only win if I get lucky, not because I'm good enough. And I'd say I'm pretty good at Vesperias system as well!

I think I tried some of them, but I'm not sure!

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

It didn't seem like that battle was even winnable, maybe I'm wrong?

If only my memory wasn't so garbage.
I honestly don't remember if it was. I don't think so, since he just goes all Milla's Turnwheel on you.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I think I tried some of them, but I'm not sure!

If only my memory wasn't so garbage.
I honestly don't remember if it was. I don't think so, since he just goes all Milla's Turnwheel on you.

The one I'm speaking of is where in the finals you go up against the allies you didn't have in the battle party.

Yeah, I tried killing him three times, with no luck. So I dont believe so.

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

The one I'm speaking of is where in the finals you go up against the allies you didn't have in the battle party.

Oof. No, I don't think I ever did that one!

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Yeah, I tried killing him three times, with no luck. So I dont believe so.

Does the story progress when he defeats you?

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Oof. No, I don't think I ever did that one!

Does the story progress when he defeats you?

Haha, if you ever attempt it, you'll need alot of luck! If your up against Rita and she uses her Mystic Arte, its curtains for you. 10,000 damage to the entire party.

Yes it does. Although having to admit defeat to that coward leaves a poor taste in my mouth. 😣

Edited by lightcosmo

Haha, if you ever attempt it, you'll need alot of luck! If your up against Rita and she uses her Mystic Arte, its curtains for you. 10,000 damage to the entire party.

OOF!

If I ever replay the game, I won't be benching Rita, that's for sure!

Yes it does. Although having to admit defeat to that coward leaves a poor taste in my mouth. 😣

Then it really is unwinnable.

OOF!

If I ever replay the game, I won't be benching Rita, that's for sure!

Then it really is unwinnable.

Well, my party level average is 97, and you might be able to tank it with the right setup, but I dont know. 

It seems that way, but I still dont like it! 😠

It seems that way, but I still dont like it! 😠

That's the unwinnable boss fight trope for you.
It's better than the 'win the battle, lose in the cutscene' trope, in my opinion.

I would say something to ease your anger, but I'd have to spoil something for you, and I'm not a fan of spoiling things for others.

That's the unwinnable boss fight trope for you.
It's better than the 'win the battle, lose in the cutscene' trope, in my opinion.

I would say something to ease your anger, but I'd have to spoil something for you, and I'm not a fan of spoiling things for others.

Okay, that's true.

If you do, i wouldn't mind. Thanks for being considerate, though!

Okay, that's true.

If you do, i wouldn't mind. Thanks for being considerate, though!

Alright, I'll put it in spoilers if you really don't want to see it.

Spoiler

He comes back later. Still hard, but you can kick his butt that time.

Alright, I'll put it in spoilers if you really don't want to see it.

Reveal hidden contents

He comes back later. Still hard, but you can kick his butt that time.

This pleases me, this pleases me alot!

I look forward to my moment of triumph! 

Good luck! ^^

Thanks!

On the side, I'm playing FE Awakening again since obviously Lucina is my favorite FE character and Awakening is my favorite FE.

I did a bit of modding to it to spice things up a bit, and have made it all the way to chapter 14 so far.  

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

On the side, I'm playing FE Awakening again since obviously Lucina is my favorite FE character and Awakening is my favorite FE.

I did a bit of modding to it to spice things up a bit, and have made it all the way to chapter 14 so far.  

Nice! Have fun! 😄

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Nice! Have fun! 😄

It's nothing impressive, as  I haven't learned alot yet, but thank you!

And I will!

I generally never get tired of a run through Awakening. Alot of FE games I kinda burnout on when played multiple times.

It's nothing impressive, as  I haven't learned alot yet, but thank you!

And I will!

I generally never get tired of a run through Awakening. Alot of FE games I kinda burnout on when played multiple times.

I haven't played Awakening in a while (though I do want to do it one of these days), but it's probably the game I've played the longest out of all the games I have.
According to my 3DS's statistics, I put over 2,000 hours into that game.

I haven't played Awakening in a while (though I do want to do it one of these days), but it's probably the game I've played the longest out of all the games I have.
According to my 3DS's statistics, I put over 2,000 hours into that game.

Hmm I'm not sure how much I have, as i played alot on my first 3DS, then bought another 3DS to hack it so i could play modded games, and proceeded to play alot on there as well! 

I'm always hoping for a port or remaster of Awakening on a better system!