• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

They go through amazing development don't they?

Indeed they do. I'm very interested in where all this intrigue, murder mystery, and especially that "Holy Grail" business will go from here, considering the MC's last name...
But damn... that Pamela was a witch with a capital, bold, underlined, italic B, wasn't she? When she got called out and humiliated, all that was going through my head was "Deserved!" and at least a week's worth of Schadenfreude. And I could still punch that Neil fellow in the jawline, as well.

I am liking the writing in this manga. It's damn great!

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Indeed they do. I'm very interested in where all this intrigue, murder mystery, and especially that "Holy Grail" business will go from here, considering the MC's last name...
But damn... that Pamela was a witch with a capital, bold, underlined, italic B, wasn't she? When she got called out and humiliated, all that was going through my head was "Deserved!" and at least a week's worth of Schadenfreude. And I could still punch that Neil fellow in the jawline, as well.

I am liking the writing in this manga. It's damn great!

👍

now you wait with all of us after you catch up

I want to say more, but i am afraid of saying spoilers Xd

Just now, Shrimperor said:

👍

now you wait with all of us after you catch up

I want to say more, but i am afraid of saying spoilers Xd

I'm currently at the point where

Spoiler

Constance just said "Screw it" to her family's idea of honesty and agreed to break into Scarlet's old home.

So anything before that, I am aware of 😄

I will wait until you catch up 😉

Also, even devs don't know why Nep hates eggplants lmao xD

Producer would like to visit NepTower and Vert's Room haha

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

I will wait until you catch up 😉

Alrighty!

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also, even devs don't know why Nep hates eggplants lmao xD

Awesome!
lol

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Producer would like to visit NepTower and Vert's Room haha

I don't blame them! XD

2 hours ago, Caster said:

Nocturne finished, I am now a true edgelord. 

Congrats! I hope it wasn't too bad an experience overall.

34 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Who needs friends when you have guns and contracted demons.

Nocturne just to be technical is gun-free though, it doesn't have that as an element nor as a weapon. Get the Nirvana Magatama and learn Divine Shot (or later Kailash for Freikugel) if you want the Demi-Fiend to shoot lasers from the palms of his hands.

25 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Doesn’t representing Frankenstein’s monster as a cute anime girl defeat the entire of purpose of the novel?

It does. But thankfully, that anime girl is utterly flavorless, pasty practically nude and generic. She is an abomination in her own way, and probably without a shred of the prodigal intelligence the real Frankenstein's "monster"- a monster only because people can't get past appearances- has.

37 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Doesn’t representing Frankenstein’s monster as a cute anime girl defeat the entire of purpose of the novel?

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It does. But thankfully, that anime girl is utterly flavorless, pasty practically nude and generic. She is an abomination in her own way, and probably without a shred of the prodigal intelligence the real Frankenstein's "monster"- a monster only because people can't get past appearances- has.

Fate Frankenstein is a bit different, and the in universe lore for her is a bit different, as I believe she was actually made by a magus in the Fate universe, who wanted to create two lifeforms, a boy and a girl, so I suppose you could say Fate universe Frankenstein is basically a mix of that and the Bride of Frankenstein.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20130118215717

Shows the bride side better in her normal design.
And she can't speak. (normally)
I'm not even a big Fate Frankenstein fan, I'll just defend her because I think she's alright. 

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Congrats! I hope it wasn't too bad an experience overall.

Your post down below was a worse experience.

Jokes aside, I had fun, enjoyed it a lot more than I expected. Definitely more open. Might go the more awkward route and go back and play SMT1 and SMT2.
I think I would have enjoyed an ending that wasn't true demon more, but whatever. I wanted to get all of the magatamas in the end and I wanted to fight all the bosses, so I did.

Caught up with Holy Grail of Eris.
Really lookin' forward to seeing how this continues. So far, it has definitely earned a spot for one of my favorite manga out there (although it hasn't been too many, admittedly)! Very nice!

Also, about Frankenstein, taken from the Type/Moon Wiki:
"Victor sought to recreate the original couple described in the bible -- Adam and Eve. Due to the limitations of man, he first built Eve, intending for her to give birth to the counterpart. What started as a patchwork of lifeless flesh was given life by the energy harnessed from lightning. Unfortunately, what awoke was not the ideal woman that Victor envisioned, but an abomination with the mind of an infant. Having no developed capacity for expression, her sense of morality was completely absent. After presenting the entrails of a slain dog as a gift for the master, she was branded a failure and disassembled, before being abandoned completely.
Though still in pieces, she still lived, and over a period of time, was able to reconnect and repair herself. In her former master's absence, she came into contact with the outside world, and developed the emotions and feelings that could never be created in the first place. Thus she realized a great anger towards the one who abandoned her, but also admiration for the one who was effectively her father."

Edited by DragonFlames

44 minutes ago, Caster said:

Your post down below was a worse experience.

Sorry. I was making a purely superficial criticism and stab at the "sameness of anime girls" without knowing anything about the character in question. I was also defending the literary character whose work of origin I've read, which defies the typical "brainless monster" trope it's long been unfairly cast in in the popular mindset.

I think I would have enjoyed an ending that wasn't true demon more, but whatever. I wanted to get all of the magatamas in the end and I wanted to fight all the bosses, so I did.

Understandable on the route choice matter, I picked neutral myself. Of the Reasons, being introspective myself means Musubi in principle should be appealing to me, but even I can feel lonely, and hence would pick Shijima over the other two. Yosuga would see me dead so thats a total "nope!".

Might go the more awkward route and go back and play SMT1 and SMT2.

You can find SMT1 on iOS officially translated, but SMT2 is fan-translation emulation-only. I bought SMT1 myself and finished it once on each route, yeah it's dated and rough. But as the origins no, that'd be Megami Tensei of the franchise, I wanted to play it. Definitely not the first RPG from the SNES era I would choose to return to.

Also, don't try to fight all the bosses for SMT1. Taken from the wiki:

"Fiends appear very rarely (1/256) in fixed locations, in squares where there will always be an encounter the first time it is stepped in and will say "There is no one here" afterwards until a save is loaded again (all Fiend encounter locations will remain empty after the first encounter in any one of them). If they are successfully defeated, they have an equally slim chance (1/256) of dropping the most powerful weapons of each Alignment: the Reaper's Bell (Chaos) from Daisoujou, the Stradivarius (Neutral) from David and the Angel's Trumpet (Law) from Pale Rider."

Screw SMT4 for bringing back this abhorrent encounter method, while upping the Fiends' deadliness (at least the item drops became guaranteed).

For an alternative progression from Nocturne, if you successfully emulated that, then you can try the Digital Devil Saga duology which followed it on the PS2. One linear, no-route splits story told over two games, with no demon recruitment or fusion. A more streamlined SMT experience.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

purple_heart_charity_art_waifu2x_art_noi

one of a kind Purple Heart Art piece up for a bid atm

bid was around 1500$ last i checked...

Yeah brb winning lottery guys xD

(The Money will go to Charity btw)

Edited by Shrimperor

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Rune Factory 4 Special download is about to go the same route it went yesterday.
*sigh*

This is pissing me off, seriously...

Oof, again. Do you get an error code when the download fails?

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Oof, again. Do you get an error code when the download fails?

It didn't give me an error code yet. It's still going, but the time it takes to finish is increasing constantly.
It said half an hour to go around half an hour ago. Now it says it still needs an hour.

18 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

It didn't give me an error code yet. It's still going, but the time it takes to finish is increasing constantly.
It said half an hour to go around half an hour ago. Now it says it still needs an hour.

Definitely not a tech expert, but this may help a bit. One individual had their download time go from 6 hrs. to 1 hr. with this method.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Definitely not a tech expert, but this may help a bit. One individual had their download time go from 6 hrs. to 1 hr. with this method.

I see, I see! Thank you for digging this up for me! ^^
I'll try it out and se--

And the download is done.
What the hell?

Edited by DragonFlames

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Oh no 1 hr to download! 😁 

Okay, you're right, but to be fair, it's been 1 hour since yesterday. XD

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Np, glad it worked out either way.

tenor.gif?itemid=9807877

Thanks! ^^