Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Hmm... still no Crusade being called.

Egypt set up an anti-pope, and currently has like three different kingdoms attacking it for it. Now that I have territory in Tripolitania, I can interact with the Kingdom of Jerusalem. Though they didn't need it, I still stepped up to help them against a Muslim Holy War for Ascalon.

Changed characters again. I could do another Grand Conquest war... but I don't have the Piety. Well, I can still do it, but it will send the Piety to the negatives so... not yet. Might do regular Holy War. If a Crusade isn't still called, might as well... but that's for next time.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Teehee said:

This happened in the final boss fight of the bossrush run close before it was taken down.

EajmMer.png?1

Was your save data kept, at least?

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

@Interdimensional Observer ok so where does it say what level a Skell is when buying one? Because turns out I have enough money to buy at least two more due to all the quests I've been doing but when I go to purchase one, I get met with "you won't be able to register it at your current level".

It's the last two digits in the first part of the Skell's default name. So an AS0130 Formula ST, has a level 30 requirement.

The Skell you get with your license is the only level 20 Skell in the game. The rest are either 30, 50, or 60. Which combined with the criticism you had earlier of other characters not leveling when on your team, means you may have to bring around some Skell-less teammates when you swap them around.

You won't need Skells right away though for the story. Chapters 7 and 8 are doable without them, they might be touch too easy with Skells even. Chapter 9 is the point by which you should definitely have Skells, considering the boss fight's structure there.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Hello again! *waves*

I did eventually manage to sleep.
Hehe... Oh boy... XD

5 hours ago, Teehee said:

This happened in the final boss fight of the bossrush run close before it was taken down.

F

That sucks. That really, really sucks.

37 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

👍
Pretty!

You know, I've been reading a lot about this "Genshin Impact" lately. What is it, exactly?

Edited by DragonFlames

16 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

You know, I've been reading a lot about this "Genshin Impact" lately. What is it, exactly?

from what i know it's Gacha Breath of the Wild with Waifus

or something

xD

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Are you alright?

Food was super tasty, why wouldn't i be xD

Some food are the tasty but dangerous kind, and i think what i just ate is very much into very dangerous territory, and i ate alot xD

But as they say, no Risk no fun XD

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Some food are the tasty but dangerous kind, and i think what i just ate is very much into very dangerous territory, and i ate alot xD

Oh I see! Okay then! XD

8 hours ago, Teehee said:

EajmMer.png?1

Can't express how mad I am.

This is another proof why PC gaming sucks for me because I never would have occured such a crash on a console.

Ooh, you have my sympathies, crashes or other errors that force you to close the game without saving are the worst. And boss rushes can be quite lengthy.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

What do you mean by dangerous-

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Skell you get with your license is the only level 20 Skell in the game. The rest are either 30, 50, or 60. Which combined with the criticism you had earlier of other characters not leveling when on your team, means you may have to bring around some Skell-less teammates when you swap them around.

I was afraid of that. I know on-foot combat is better than Skell combat when optimized but that's mainly for the post-game (and some Tyrants are easier with Skells anyway).

With the way gear is handled combined with the way levels are handled definitely makes that the biggest blight on this fantastic game. If you're gonna restrict gear by levels, then party members should be allowed to gain EXP when inactive. If they aren't gonna receive EXP while inactive, then gear should always be available. Having both just makes things a pain and the one silver lining is that dying in battle doesn't negate EXP.

I would hope Xenoblade X2 does away with these restrictions.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh.
Okay, that's that passing interest down the drain. XD

From what i hear, the gacha doesn't actually matter all that much (as in, you can get by without spending a single penny) but the real interest killer is that the PC version is the only version that runs well (and you'd need a high end PC for that). The PS4 version runs like shit which bodes ill for the upcoming Switch version and there's also a mobile version but why would you play a game like this on mobile. 

Edited by Armagon

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

From what i hear, the gacha doesn't actually matter all that much (as in, you can get buy without spending a single penny) but the real interest killer is that the PC version is the only version that runs well (and you'd need a high end PC for that). The PS4 version runs like shit which bodes ill for the upcoming Switch version and there's also a mobile version but why would you play a game like this on mobile. 

I'm kinda opposed to gacha stuff in general, which is (also) why I haven't dabbled in gacha games whatsoever (except for the Granblue Fantasy emojis I post from time to time).
Reading this only makes me even less interested. XD

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm kinda opposed to gacha stuff in general, which is (also) why I haven't dabbled in gacha games whatsoever (except for the Granblue Fantasy emojis I post from time to time).

Bolded: there actually are non-gacha alternatives if you want to get into Granblue. Granblue Fantasy Versus is a fighting game that released earlier this year that actually had a spot at EVO before well.......that happened. And then on PS4 there's Granblue Fantasy Relink which is an ARPG. It ain't out yet though and the complete lack of release date means that it's nowhere near done. And it's probably gonna be on PS5 too as it gets closer to release.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Reading this only makes me even less interested. XD

Honestly, i don't even know if it's actually good haha. I am interested in the combat since one of my mutuals on Twitter compared it to Xenoblade 2 in the sense of how you swap between characters of different elements mid-combat for synergy but there's no way for me to actually play the game. I'm already playing through an open-world RPG that i was guaranteed to enjoy anyways.

People seem to like it tho which is a complete 180 of the initial reaction when it was first revealed: that it was just a BotW ripoff.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I was afraid of that. I know on-foot combat is better than Skell combat when optimized but that's mainly for the post-game (and some Tyrants are easier with Skells anyway).

*Points out I took down the Chapter 9 phase two boss without a Skell via infinite Overdrive* ...I still need to try Chapter 10 on foot.

Though it is true that the floor on Skells is higher, even if the ceiling on-foot combat is higher. And the ceiling doesn't matter if you don't know how to reach that high and struggle to stay out of the dirt.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

With the way gear is handled combined with the way levels are handled definitely makes that the biggest blight on this fantastic game. If you're gonna restrict gear by levels, then party members should be allowed to gain EXP when inactive. If they aren't gonna receive EXP while inactive, then gear should always be available. Having both just makes things a pain and the one silver lining is that dying in battle doesn't negate EXP.

I would hope Xenoblade X2 does away with these restrictions.

I'd say let those not on your team get at least 50% or 75% of the EXP, though all of it would be best. Though leveling up later in XCX, as in "Flight Module", can become fairly quick.

It's not the level-gating on equipment side of things that bothers me, for they would need to find a good alternative to prevent players from getting too strong from high-end equipment then.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Okay, that's that passing interest down the drain. XD

If geopolitics are an issue for your purchases as well, it's a Chinese-developed game. -But let's not go too far in that direction. Happy topic!

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Bolded: there actually are non-gacha alternatives if you want to get into Granblue. Granblue Fantasy Versus is a fighting game that released earlier this year that actually had a spot at EVO before well.......that happened. And then on PS4 there's Granblue Fantasy Relink which is an ARPG. It ain't out yet though and the complete lack of release date means that it's nowhere near done. And it's probably gonna be on PS5 too as it gets closer to release.

Oh yeah, I heard about these!
The Granblue Fantasy Relink game is on my radar, the fighting game would have been... if fighting games weren't one of two genres I'm the absolute worst at. XD

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Honestly, i don't even know if it's actually good haha. I am interested in the combat since one of my mutuals on Twitter compared it to Xenoblade 2 in the sense of how you swap between characters of different elements mid-combat for synergy but there's no way for me to actually play the game.

Bolded: Until the Switch release, haha!

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'm already playing through an open-world RPG that i was guaranteed to enjoy anyways.

I think your time is better spent on Xenoblade X than some Gacha stuff.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

People seem to like it tho which is a complete 180 of the initial reaction when it was first revealed: that it was just a BotW ripoff.

Interesting!
Honestly, I hadn't even heard it existed until it started popping up everywhere. XD

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If geopolitics are an issue for your purchases as well, it's a Chinese-developed game. -But let's not go too far in that direction. Happy topic!

Indeed!

Though leveling up later in XCX, as in "Flight Module", can become fairly quick.

Clarify?

It's not the level-gating on equipment side of things that bothers me, for they would need to find a good alternative to prevent players from getting too strong from high-end equipment then.

Maybe with online it's a different story but I don't feel like ever got anything too high-end. It ain't like BotW where after the tutorial you can head over to Hyrule Castle and get all of the good shit and make the entire game a breeze.

Actually, I wonder if online is the reason for the level gating on equipment.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Bolded: Until the Switch release, haha!

I would have to see if the Switch version actually runs haha.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Interesting!
Honestly, I hadn't even heard it existed until it started popping up everywhere. XD

Quarantine be making games that would've gone under the radar actually have a presence. Fall Guys and Among Us would not have gotten as big as they did if 2020 was just a normal year. Well maybe Fall Guys but definitely not Among Us.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I would have to see if the Switch version actually runs haha.

If the game was originally developed for PC and the PS4 version is a port, I think the Switch version may suffer from the same problems as the PS4 one.
Then again, I know nothing about porting software to other systems, so I might be completely off on this one.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Quarantine be making games that would've gone under the radar actually have a presence. Fall Guys and Among Us would not have gotten as big as they did if 2020 was just a normal year. Well maybe Fall Guys but definitely not Among Us.

Very true.