Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

8 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I mean, I basically did play nothing but Vestaria Saga and Berwick Saga this year.

Oh wow. You're more dedicated than me. I salute you!

...But I'm still worse than you, and that's final.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I suppose it could be worse. Could've been a Berserker... or is that not available in his reclass list? Since I know Males classes are divided into two sets.

Don't give me ideas... I've already considered it, but warrior has a higher defense cap. I want to see just how far he can go... Besides, the warrior sprite looks absolutely ridiculous with the Yubello name tag on it. I love it.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, saying Roy sucks is a common thing. But if you say Hector sucks, you'll have a few eyebrows raised.

To be honest, I like Eliwood better. His promotion is just plain better. But what do I know, it's been like 6 years since I last played 7.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And a bearded guy with a horse is needed to balance out the craziness of the others, because there are some crazy characters in there just going by what they can do.

That is a fair point.

...Well, there's the fact that Ward is a Jeigan that's ready for the Endgame from the start and yet doesn't break the game in half. That's rather crazy too, in a way. But I digress.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

You're proving that you don't need to use the top tier units/characters to beat a game on its (second) highest difficulty setting.
That's awesome, I'd say!

Thanks a lot! I'll admit, I'm quite proud of this run. It's not the most extreme I could go (I am using the DLC items, after all, and I could've tried benching the avatar, since they're a completely insane unit), but considering this is my very first Lunatic run ever, I'm doing surprisingly well, and I'm doing it my way! I wasn't expecting this!

11 minutes ago, Benice said:

Then I must remind YOU that I killed Ward in chapter 2! And it wasn't even from a crit! That gives me the victory!

Clifford is a bit stronger than Ward, though - And Zalius, who killed Ward, is quite the strong adversary, unlike the generics that murdered Clifford! I remain winner!

And I cleared ch. 9 in...What, 184 turns? And that was me not turtling to grind up skill points!

Caution does not a bad player make. Even... absurdly extreme caution.

And I killed Milady who capped strength, speed and defense!

And I killed Shin, who capped everything but luck, defense and res!

And I killed the world's most blessed Lilina!

You really want to get into FE6? Really? I lost 36 units, give or take! I had to deploy FRIGGIN' MARCUS with the Durandal in the endgame because every single other swordsman AND rider got killed! Except Perceval, but I am too prideful to use Perceval, puh-lease.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Or alternatively, play SRW games instead instead of the Sagas.

N O

...Sorry.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

The mere fact that you're playing on H4 and Saint Rubenio is playing on Lunatic is awesome to me, because I never played the games on anything higher than Normal. XD

Hey, that's fine. It just goes to prove that, unlike Benice and I, you are not clinically insane.

• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Got it!

Well, to give some pointers now...

If you have a Switch, there's the VTX trilogy. They have official English translations, though still only sold in East Asia. But the Switch has no region lock, so just make an account with Singapour or Hong Kong for locations, so you can browse the shop in English. Though called a trilogy, they aren't direct continuations. But they do have interconnecting things. Despite the name, the order is V, X, then T.

For something more simpler, there's the OG games. They only contain SRW original content, and for that reason the first few did got official English releases out of Japan. Though because of other reasons (like VA and music licenses), further games remained in Japan as well. OG1 and OG2 for the GBA are about the only ones available for an English audience (also Endless Frontier for the DS, but it's not an SRPG).

Still on the GBA, there's SRW J. It's the only GBA game with a full English fan translation. It was the last SRW game on the GBA, so it's the most fleshed out and polished in terms of structure. IT's a good solid choice, I would say.

As it is, most of the English fan translations are for the older games (which are certainly much more mechanically different), so don't know if to recommend those as a starting point.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

N O

...Sorry.

With that way to answer, I honestly doubt you are.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If you have a Switch, there's the VTX trilogy. They have official English translations, though only sold in East Asia. But the Switch has no region lock, so just make an account with Singapour of Hong Kong for locations, so you can browse the shop in English. Though called a trilogy, they aren't direct continuations. But they do have interconnecting things. Despite the name, the order is V, X, then T.

For something more simpler, there's the OG games. They only contain SRW original content, and for that reason the first few did got official English releases out of Japan. Though because of other reasons (like VA and music licenses), further games remained in Japan as well. OG1 and OG2 for the GBA are about the only ones available for an English audience (also Endless Frontier for the DS, but it's not an SRPG).

Still on the GBA, there's SRW J. It's the only GBA game with a full English fan translation. It was the last SRW game on the GBA, so it's the most fleshed out and polished in terms of structure. IT's a good solid choice, I would say.

As it is, most of the English fan translations are for the older games (which are certainly much more mechanically different), so don't know if to recommend those as a starting point.

This wasn't a response to me, but thanks for posting it regardless. I may check them out myself at some point.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

With that way to answer, I honestly doubt you are.

...Really, truly sorry in this case. Pinky swear. I swear it on my godly Yubello!

Nah, but seriously. I've never played any games from the SRW franchise, but I've long been in love with this music track, since a FE hack I played featured it. So... Yeah. There's that, right?

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Speaking of mecha game, @DragonFlames if you do get a PS1 emulator working, I recommend

1602973643468.jpg

Ah, great idea! I think I'll go for this!

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Honestly, for the people who have working PS2 emulators, I would recommend the Xenosaga trilogy but just because your PC can run Berwick doesn't mean it can run Xenosaga. But Xenogears can be run on a potato laptop (I speak of experience) so yeah, I'm gonna shill.

The problem is that I can't get the emulator to run on my current laptop. My old one could at least run the emulator. This one? Not so much.
Which is odd, considering my current laptop is better equipped than my old (and dead) one.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To be honest, I like Eliwood better. His promotion is just plain better. But what do I know, it's been like 6 years since I last played 7.

If you wait another year, you can say that it's been 7 years since you played 7.

That is a fair point.

...Well, there's the fact that Ward is a Jeigan that's ready for the Endgame from the start and yet doesn't break the game in half. That's rather crazy too, in a way. But I digress.

Good enough for me! Crazy beard guy with a horse it is! XD

Thanks a lot! I'll admit, I'm quite proud of this run. It's not the most extreme I could go (I am using the DLC items, after all, and I could've tried benching the avatar, since they're a completely insane unit), but considering this is my very first Lunatic run ever, I'm doing surprisingly well, and I'm doing it my way! I wasn't expecting this!

That's always the best feeling, when you're playing a game and you can play it your way without feeling forced to do certain things.

I did a run on the highest difficulty setting for one of my favorite games, Nights of Azure 2, recently - and like you with FE12, it was the first time I ever attempted this - and there exists one character who you can use to cheese a large amount of the game (specifically, that character possesses AOE so large, a Ballista's range would get jealous, and the damage it deals is enough to delete an entire healthbar of a boss in an instant (regular enemies just die in one shot, no matter how many there are). I specifically challenged myself NOT to use it, and I did manage to complete the game in the end, doing it the way I wanted to, and never feeling forced to resort to the cheese character.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If you have a Switch, there's the VTX trilogy. They have official English translations, though only sold in East Asia. But the Switch has no region lock, so just make an account with Singapour of Hong Kong for locations, so you can browse the shop in English. Though called a trilogy, they aren't direct continuations. But they do have interconnecting things. Despite the name, the order is V, X, then T.

Alright, if there are games available on the GBA, I might check those out if I do, because I know for a fact the GBA emulator works perfectly!
Thank you! ^^

Edited by DragonFlames

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh wow. You're more dedicated than me. I salute you!

...But I'm still worse than you, and that's final.

As long as we can all agree that Volcens is even worse.

The League shall fall if I'm in control - A Verian King plays Berwick Saga, Ironman mode!

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Really, truly sorry in this case. Pinky swear. I swear it on my godly Yubello!

Nah, but seriously. I've never played any games from the SRW franchise, but I've long been in love with this music track, since a FE hack I played featured it. So... Yeah. There's that, right?

Well, my post is up there for beginning pointers. If interested.

Interesting. That one comes from SRW J. Original version:

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

As long as we can all agree that Volcens is even worse.

The League shall fall if I'm in control - A Verian King plays Berwick Saga, Ironman mode!

If Volcens tried to play Berwick Saga, he'd be jealous that the entire starting army is better-looking than him and he'd get them all killed. And then Sienna would roast him and he'd rage-quit.

Interesting. That one comes from SRW J. Original version:

That one's good too. It has less "fluff", so to speak. But I'll admit, I kinda miss the "fluff" in this version.

Oh, one more thing.

SRW is much less... direct when it comes to its unlockable stuff. Since most relies on knowing the stories of the anime series it adapts, but for others it's more trial and eror.

So this can be helpful for checking out stuff like that, and other things as well:

http://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

That one's good too. It has less "fluff", so to speak. But I'll admit, I kinda miss the "fluff" in this version.

Well, it is a GBA track. And you heard first the remixed version for a PS4 game. Then whatever was done to adapt that version to that hack you mentioned. Assuming it was the PS4 version they used.

Oh, one more thing.

SRW is much less... direct when it comes to its unlockable stuff. Since most relies on knowing the stories of the anime series it adapts, but for others it's more trial and eror.

So this can be helpful for checking out stuff like that, and other things as well:

http://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars

Gotcha! Thanks! ^^

I feel like I should probably watch a few mecha anime first... but it is really not my genre usually.
Eh, I think I'll manage!

Edited by DragonFlames

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The problem is that I can't get the emulator to run on my current laptop. My old one could at least run the emulator. This one? Not so much.

I'm guessing it's still Linux. Did you download the Linux version?

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I'm guessing it's still Linux. Did you download the Linux version?

Yep, I did!
It... didn't work. Maybe it's because I'm using a different Linux OS this time, but it's a newer one, so... theoretically, it should run okay, but... alas...

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Assuming it was the PS4 version they used.

Not quite, actually. The hack's version was very much a port of the original, it lacked all the extra parts. I just like metal, so a metal kinda remix was right up my alley.

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Find a girl that rickrolls you like your pc does

Screen-Shot-2020-10-17-at-6-43-54-PM.png

If the RAM in the background doesn't make it clear, he's talking about her computer, not her, admittedly somewhat significant, chest.

I don't want to speak of the funnies too much from this game, but I felt this was appropriate.

Assuming I didn't mess up on one little thing, full recruitment is accomplished, not that it's difficult at all. But since I was wasting some time slots with the Dera-Deka events, which I only ever did on first run of DS2 where I failed to recruit everyone, I was unsure if I could do that. I've had to pass on spending time with Jungo, Daichi, and Hinako for this, but I like uniting everyone, and it's actually what those three would want.

Pierce from Nue and Cu Chulainn, Multi-Strike from Pabilsag and Take-Mikazuchi, Anti-Most from Hecate and Abaddon, Holy Dance from Pazuzu and Ym, I've almost the full arsenal of cookie-cutter endgame destroying skills. Mediarahan/Prayer, Samarecarm, and Phys Repel are all I'm missing. So many nice demons to fuse now, can't decide which to lovingly create. Though I need to up my team a bit for the next boss, since the little prelude to the real fight the day started with saw me nearly lose because of heaping amounts of Multi-Hit. That, despite me literally destroying the prior boss in one round of combat. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

F

This was lowkey me trying to get the last CPU Card for the trophy in Megadimension Neptunia VII. XD

Trying to obtain a Hunter's monocle in Tales of Xillia 2, with 0 luck. So, yeah, F is right!

26 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I... I legit don't remember that item or if ever obtained one.
But yeah, that sucks. That really sucks.

It's an item that increases drop rates by 30%. 

It's a pain, which is why I take alot of breaks. XD

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

It's a pain, which is why I take alot of breaks. XD

That's a good idea!

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

It's an item that increases drop rates by 30%.

Oh wow, that seems useful.
I honestly had no idea this existed in the game. XD

What did i miss...

OH!

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I made a little something for all of us:
pzRRJ4a.jpg

Hope I didn't miss out on any favs.
And since I don't know any Berwick or SRW characters, I just picked them at random.

If you're curious: The program is called simply "PhotoCollage".

Perfectly describing the Thread!

Great work, Draggy!

Although where is Illya?

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Yeah, he still sticks out like a sore thumb, I'm afraid... And being surrounded by so many anime teens and teen lookalikes must be a bit of a personal hell for him. He spends half of Berwick Saga getting mildly grumpy at young guys and gals. Oh, well..

Well, every group needs someone old to look after them xD

Or atleast act that way xD

Also guys pls, you all act like you are bad FE players, but remember that i think FE16 is one of the harder games in the series XD

I am probably one of like 5 people who think that haha

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Perfectly describing the Thread!

Great work, Draggy!

Thank you! ^^

Although where is Illya?

Arnice and Lysithea are right there. XD
But you're right, I knew I forgot someone... F***.

Leave it to me to put the Fate character that maybe three people actually know about (and that's if we're being generous) in there, but not Illya. XD

Also guys pls, you all act like you are bad FE players, but remember that i think FE16 is one of the harder games in the series XD

However, you do call the Blue Lions route the easiest, whereas I would say it's the hardest one despite having the best units (if for no other reason than Siege Spam, Baby!). XD

Edited by DragonFlames