• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Teehee said:

Somehow the music isn't recorded anymore, but better in exchange instead of having freeze frame.

5FN1UIT.png?1

I'm feeling it too, the PAIN.

I'm sorry you lost the battle, but that speech bubble has the weirdest sense of comedic timing.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Find a girl that rickrolls you like your pc does

xD

You won't, probably. XD

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm sorry you lost the battle, but that speech bubble has the weirdest sense of comedic timing.

Actually this speech appears when you're on a roll, so yeah, it was indeed comedy........ tragic comedy. xD

I can take the loss without problems since it was the first phase of two, and the second one is much harder.

1 minute ago, Teehee said:

Actually this speech appears when you're on a roll, so yeah, it was indeed comedy........ tragic comedy. xD

... Are we sure the game wasn't trying to troll you? XD

2 minutes ago, Teehee said:

I can take the loss without problems since it was the first phase of two, and the second one is much harder.

That's at least one good aspect, then! Had you been defeated close to the end, it would've probably stung a lot more.
I wish you good luck on your next attempt! 👍

Thanks!

The attack the character died to, dealt about 2/3 of the character's HP, so the roll came to a sudden end.

One minor reason of doing this mess, aside of getting better in this kind of genre, is the music.

Calamity, an exclusive difficulty to Tokyo Xanadu, is unforgivable. Most attacks 2RKO everyone, a few ones even 1RKO. If you are bad at dodging, you will have a bad time. 

I won't be able to do the entire bossrush because there's a midboss I have no idea how to beat it because it's insanely hard to hit it and it keeps me busy with some crazy stuff I don't know how dodge it. At least I can also pick solo fights, so I'm able to pick even bosses after the one I can't beat. 

7 minutes ago, Teehee said:

Thanks!

You're welcome! ^^

The attack the character died to, dealt about 2/3 of the character's HP, so the roll came to a sudden end.

Whew, that's rough.

One minor reason of doing this mess, aside of getting better in this kind of genre, is the music.

Calamity, an exclusive difficulty to Tokyo Xanadu, is unforgivable. Most attacks 2RKO everyone, a few ones even 1RKO. If you are bad at dodging, you will have a bad time.

Reminds me of my recent run of Nights of Azure 2 on Extreme difficulty.
Most attacks from bosses there were also powerful enough to kill you in two hits if you get hit.

I legitimately had to try one boss around 40 times before I managed to beat it. XD

won't be able to do the entire bossrush because there's a midboss I have no idea how to beat it because it's insanely hard to hit it and it keeps me busy with some crazy stuff I don't know how dodge it. At least I can also pick solo fights, so I'm able to pick even bosses after the one I can't beat. 

Oh, that's good!
I would've thought you would have to unlock every boss by beating the boss before it, but glad to know that's not the case!

Edited by DragonFlames

You can face the boss once you have encountered him in the story mode; means you can already start fighting bosses before you have finished the game. It's not like in Kirby's (True Arena) when you have access to them after beaten the story. 

It's good to see other JRPGs seem to feature this. To be honest Tokyo Xanadu Ex is the first game which features a boss battles mode if I'm not mistaken. Can't remember seeing something in Tales of or other action JRPGs. Yet have to play Nights of Azure 2 which shall be a rather short game from what I saw in a video a few days ago. So this would be a good opportunity to play it till Cold Steel IV is out.

8 minutes ago, Teehee said:

You can face the boss once you have encountered him in the story mode; means you can already start fighting bosses before you have finished the game. It's not like in Kirby's (True Arena) when you have access to them after beaten the story.

Ah, I see!

8 minutes ago, Teehee said:

It's good to see other JRPGs seem to feature this. To be honest Tokyo Xanadu Ex is the first game which features a boss battles mode if I'm not mistaken. Can't remember seeing something in Tales of or other action JRPGs. Yet have to play Nights of Azure 2 which shall be a rather short game from what I saw in a video a few days ago. So this would be a good opportunity to play it till Cold Steel IV is out.

Sadly, Nights of Azure 2 does not feature a boss rush mode. Sorry if I caused a misunderstanding there!
Nights of Azure 1 has something similar to a boss rush at the end of the game, though, where you have to refight all but one story mode boss before facing the final one.

Nights of Azure 2 is definitely on the shorter side, especially on a first playthrough, which takes around 20 to 25 hours (or at least that's how long it took me on my first attempt).
On a second playthrough, where you are free to max out everything due to no time limit being present, it takes around 40 hours.

Alright cool, i save stated into an unwinnable situation on Turn 14 of Ch.2. This Zalius fucker showed up out of nowhere and kills Izerna so i save stated and moved her out of harm's way but then because of how turns work, that meant Valentin could kill Reese and either RNG is set in stone (like how in Echoes and 3H, Turnwheel doesn't reset RNG unless you do a different action) or he's consistently hitting that 75% hitrate. I wish i could hit 75% hitrates.

Edit: RNG is not set in stone, very good to know. I can carry on now.

Edit 2: Ok TIL Overwatch does not actually stop the enemy in their tracks, if they survive the encounter, they can keep moving which is how Zalius was able to kill Sylvis. I thought Overwatch worked under Valkyria Chronicles rules but i guess not.

Edited by Armagon

18 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Nights of Azure 2 is definitely on the shorter side, especially on a first playthrough, which takes around 20 to 25 hours (or at least that's how long it took me on my first attempt).
On a second playthrough, where you are free to max out everything due to no time limit being present, it takes around 40 hours.

This is short enough for me to give it a try tomorrow since I'm pretty much done with Xanadu.

I made a little something for all of us:
pzRRJ4a.jpg

Hope I didn't miss out on any favs.
And since I don't know any Berwick or SRW characters, I just picked them at random.

If you're curious: The program is called simply "PhotoCollage".

Edited by DragonFlames

40 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

pzRRJ4a.jpg

And since I don't know any Berwick or SRW characters, I just picked them at random.

Thats...  really beautiful! Amazing work, Draggy!

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Edit 2: Ok TIL Overwatch does not actually stop the enemy in their tracks, if they survive the encounter, they can keep moving which is how Zalius was able to kill Sylvis.

If overwatch hits, the enemy's action ends. If it misses, they will continue.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

So not only does Zalius land that 40% hitrate on Faye, he manages to crit as well. Very cool game. Very cool. I really have to reset to Ch.10 huh?

Nah, don't bother. Faye is on casual mode.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

pzRRJ4a.jpg

79c.gif

2 hours ago, Benice said:

Nah, don't bother. Faye is on casual mode.

Oh. Right. I forgot about that.

Also appearently I'm the worst Berwick player two chapters in, that's awesome:

Screenshot_20201017-174005_1.png

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, FE discord has a lot of condescending dipsticks. I left because of that.

And you being the worst Berwick player isn't possible because I exist. 😛

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

pzRRJ4a.jpg

Yes! Ward! You put Ward there for me! I mean, obviously not for me, but... And I mean, it's not Derrick, but... The Endgame Beard! I'm glad you happened to pick him! I like how the poor guy stands out like a sore thumb among all the anime teenagers.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_20201017-174005_1.png

Ahahahaha... Oh, don't feel too bad about it. Dean's absolutely amazing, you just got a little unlucky is all. Live and learn.

On my FE12 Lunatic run: I have beaten Anri's Way, the Flame Barrel and the Frozen Land. I... I'm surprised to say this, but... The game's actually gotten a little bit easier. Yeah. It's still tough as nails, don't get me wrong... maybe "easier" isn't the right word, but I am definitely resetting far less than I was before. Either I'm getting better, or my team is just that good. Or, y'know, both!

Khadein interior and Roro gaiden were easy. Anri's way, while hard, was far less terrible than I thought it'd be (Etzelcalibur MVP). The Flame Barrel, well... I couldn't believe it myself, but after the customary initial resets to nail down the strategy, I beat it in one consecutive try. So... Yeah. To the guy who wanted to see all the corpses after that map (I can't quite remember who it was), I am sorry to disappoint, but it went positively swimmingly. Same goes for the Frozen Land. I mostly used that one as training grounds, to get my last remaining unpromoted units a few levels.

As for Yubello...

Gvcdx7tp o

Qzafvr14 o

You know, when you take these lines out of context, it's almost like he's grown powerhungry. Surely that justifies my efforts to turn him into a killing machine at the ripe age of 12.

Ztdpeljs o

(Okay, maybe a little too powerhungry... but still)

Well... If he so wants to become strong, that can certainly be arranged!

Xbhcbgtp o

Not gonna lie, Yubello of all people being the team's best tank makes me way happier than it by all means should. 9 levels for capped defense. Let's go!

Just now, Armagon said:

Oh. Right. I forgot about that.

It's somewhat good if you want to use her-For some reason, it gives her happiness.

If you end up really liking Faye, you can actually Permanently recruit her by...I think the end of ch. 4? I don't quite know how paralogues work. Otherwise, after ch. 5 she can also be promoted. Her dying does mean that she'll be crippled and therefore can't be used for the rest of the chapter unless you use a Panacea on her.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ha! I got Ward killed by Zalius on my first playthrough. Zalius didn't even need a crit for it.