Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

ExL5NHMUYAQlcGe.png

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And about the scene with Larikush before the Alps

Reveal hidden contents
Spoiler

I think I would've made Kalas' wing black just to add a little more foreshadowing/significance to his name although perhaps that would've been too obvious for Japanese players.

He can still keep the white when he goes evil of course.

24 minutes ago, Benice said:

you have to defeat every enemy to get to the boss, it basically is.

Yeah, like Shrimpy said, that's more on you tbh.

24 minutes ago, Benice said:

Although my biggest problem with part 3 is the fact that most of your units are way more powerful for the enemies.

I'd normally be in agreement but it canonically makes sense here.

18 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

3-E is a narrative map and not rout

3-E is so based, not enough people talk about it.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

ExL5NHMUYAQlcGe.png

damn it, you got me at first before i saw the execution thing xD

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

RD is just full of based stuff, so it's hard to talk about anything specifically

Edited by Shrimperor

1 hour ago, Spara said:

I'm gonna put this in a spoiler tag so Ruben can choose whether or not to explode from hype, but...

I've found something even better than Armor Dancer Lord, or Double Dancer Lord...

Reveal hidden contents

A 9-MOVE, CLIFF-CLIMBING CAVALIER DANCER LORD

1ovvstqx o

What even is this game.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hello it's me, person who hates everything.

...Honestly, I appreciate what they were going for, but... Did they really have to make me kill that many units? By the 20th kill I was like "yeah I get it, can we please move along?" Like everything in Tellius, it was a good idea, but it takes so damn long that by the end I just wanted it to be over so I could go do something fun.

I get that the thing would be ruined if it was only like, 2 kills, but c'mon, 80? Takes a friggin' hour to get through that shit, and since it's Ike and company, there's no thinking required, so it gets boring very fast. For me, anyway.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

14 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Hey it was on my longlist for maps for the picking.

I actually didn't see it, my bad.

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

RD is just full of based stuff, so it's hard to talk about anything specifically

True.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What even is this game.

Weed.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hello it's me, person who hates everything.

Rubenio takes another L.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Rubenio takes another L.

Hey, I'm really sorry that I've better things to do with my time than watch a 50-minute-long cutscene. Seriously, they could've made it half the kills and it would've been okay. Why that many?

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, I'm really sorry that I've better things to do with my time than watch a 50-minute-long cutscene. Seriously, they could've made it half the kills and it would've been okay. Why that many?

Because the kills are universal, not just how many you get.

If it was only your kills, i could see why it might become a little tedious but every faction in that map contributes to the 80. That's what makes it good.

19 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

3-E is one of the best maps in the game. Story-gameplay integration done excellently.

I think this is true of a bunch of RD maps throughout the game. Without it, I wouldn't love 3-3 as much as I do, it's one of those rare moments of FE map near-perfection for me. Might not be the hardest of maps, nor the most strategic, but everything else about it melds so well together.

We need another supply camp attack in FE, why isn't this done more often? There is at least one IRL historical instance where a raid on the enemy's supplies led to a very decisive victory.

Just now, Armagon said:

Because the kills are universal, not just how many you get.

If it was only your kills, i could see why it might become a little tedious but every faction in that map contributes to the 80. That's what makes it good.

Eh, I don't know. With Ike and his overpowered cronies on my side, the map consisted entirely of watching units kill each other for 50 minutes, followed by one of the longest cutscenes in the game immediately afterwards.

Again, I dig the concept, but they really didn't need to make it so long, in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

We need another supply camp attack in FE, why isn't this done more often? There is at least one IRL historical instance where a raid on the enemy's supplies led to a very decisive victory.

Berwick Saga

Oh, right, there's also the +1 Range option for the Full Weapon Upgrade. So make that 26 effective range.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I’m sorry, what’s this?

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’m sorry, what’s this?

RD Part 3 endgame. It's a map designed around a story beat, but is done in such a way that it really builds up well to Part 3's conclusion. Rather fun to play through. If you enjoyed Genealogy's story-gameplay integration, you'd definitely enjoy 3-E, as well as the other parts of FE10 that do the same thing.

Edited by twilitfalchion

9 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

RD Part 3 endgame. It's a map designed around a story beat, but is done in such a way that it really builds up well to Part 3's conclusion. Rather fun to play through.

And the chapter goal is to get a certain amount of kills?

9 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

If you enjoyed Genealogy's story-gameplay integration, you'd definitely enjoy 3-E, as well as the other parts of FE10 that do the same thing.

That was my least favorite part. 😅

At least, the enemy placement was. But this seems different.

Hmm...

• Mario's 35th anniversary "ends" on March 31st
  • Godzilla vs. Kong is also releasing on March 31st
  • Mario first appeared in the game Donkey Kong

"I was here at the beginning, and I shall proclaim the end." -(Donkey) Kong

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Officially, it's Rout, but there's also a kill counter on the screen that goes up for any kill, not just yours. Events trigger at certain thresholds. 80 ends the chapter automatically.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Basically, yes.

That was my least favorite part. 😅

At least, the enemy placement was. But this seems different.

Yes, RD actually does it well.

Speaking of things that stop at the most inopportune times.Also, rocks.

It's not expressly the goal, just the condition you'll reach.

I think it's better to experience it (although maybe with animations off, it it slow with them on in fairness)

1 hour ago, Benice said:

B-but part 1 is the only unique part of RD, barring endgame!

Hey now, part 2 is interesting (although way too short). It does some questionable things, but still interesting..

Although if you want some Part 3 critiques beyond the obvious Ike and his crew can stomp all over everything:

Part 3-P: bad NPC luck can get you a game over you have no control over...

Part 3-1: Route with a time limit, and fog of war with enemies that will simply hide in the fog...its obnoxious

Part 3-2: Not the worst swamp map, but its still a swamp map with enemy wyvern and siege tome....

Part 3-4: A notable part of the map is completely inaccessible to horse mounted units....

Part 3-6: The Dawn Brigade are generally underleveled for the maps in part 3 to the maps detriment...

Part 3-7: Speaking of worse swamp maps...also significant parts of this map are inaccessible to normal mounted units, and your valuable items on the Dawn Brigade can be wasted by them as enemies...

Part 3-8: A Route map with damaging terrain which isn't particularly threatening, and just wastes you time with animations...

Part 3-9: Your only healers being moronically suicidal NPCs is very annoying...

Part 3-10: Suicidally bad NPCs can get you a game over you have little control over. Also NPC versions of your units can waste valuable items, and its a long route map...

Part 3-11: Unless you look up a guide the pits become annoying, and you could easily get Leanne killed by triggering her arrival when in a position where it is physically impossible to save her, and even Tibarn isn't immune to moronic NPC death thanks the crossbows. Also bad healing AI can lead to funny, but time wasting moments of enemies using the rescue staff in melee...

Part 3-12: The Dawn Brigade being generally underleveled makes this chapter more tedious than it should be...

Part 3-13: Preventing Micaiah from leaving the area is just arbitrary and kinda dumb, and playable units as enemies can still waste valuable item...

Part 3-F: Lies to you about its objective. Also once again playable units as enemies can still waste valuable item...

Edited by Eltosian Kadath
missing words

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

FE10's gameplay-story integration is much much better than FE4's imo. RD doesn't completely sacrifice the gameplay for it like FE4 does

Ehhhhhhhhhhh arguable. If Ike's team being overpowered was supposed to be "gameplay-story integration", then it definitely ruined the gameplay for me. But that's just me, of course. Most people don't have my problems with easy FEs.

Still, for as negative as I'm being with RD, I didn't hate it or anything. It wasn't my favorite, there's like 20 maps in it that I'd rather never play again in my life, but parts 1 and 2 were good. Solid 6/10. That only feels low because school has conditioned us to believe that anything short of an 8 is bad.

I just feel like Genealogy’s gameplay-story integration worsened the gameplay by a considerable margin, although I couldn’t care less about the map sizes.

13 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Hmm...

• Mario's 35th anniversary "ends" on March 31st
  • Godzilla vs. Kong is also releasing on March 31st
  • Mario first appeared in the game Donkey Kong

"I was here at the beginning, and I shall proclaim the end." -(Donkey) Kong

Imagine if Kong loses.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That only feels low because school has conditioned us to believe that anything short of an 8 is bad.

Facts again.