Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Morning.

'Morning! Hope you have a great day.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Heh, well, guess I'll just have to wait and see, then.

Majima's styles are all a little more out-of the box, and very distinct from Kiryu's, both visually and stylistically. Hope at least one clicks with you! Plus, his secret fighting style looks absurd.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 hours ago, Robert Stewart said:

No, I don't have a flatpak installer currently. But the whole points of snaps/flatpaks is they "just work" regardless of your system environment, so I see no reason why it wouldn't.

I couldn't actually build an executable from the source and the instructions I found on various places to setup a 32-bit build environment didn't work, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, I usually have to look up install instructions to make sure what I'm doing with everything, but the buildfile did work in the end. Also, from the comment after did you get it to work?

(This might have been why Vestaria caused me such agony)

6 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

So I finished the first one, and I was surprised with it actually. Consider me impressed, and taking my words back on it. Hopefully the next one can follow up.

Well, happy to hear it worked out for you.

Relevant video:

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Hooooooooly crap, that ending. What.

Reveal hidden contents

It honestly felt like I was playing a horror game during the last three scenes... I mean, what?

But like, in a really really really good way. I didn’t understand half of what “Alba” and Joshua were talking about (they just threw in a bunch of words that were obviously set up), but like... oh my god. Just... oh my god.

I shall follow the ways of teehee and buy the second game tomorrow, but it’s 1 am, so first I need sleep.

9/10, easy. Incredible gameplay and an incredible ending. While the music was maybe a bit overblown in my opinion, it was still really good, and the characters and writing were all around awesome. Especially in that ending.

Maybe it was 10/10 material?

Reveal hidden contents

I mean, it somehow managed to feel like a completely different game... and yet work so, so, so well. I don’t even know how, but I loved it anyway. That was so good!

791876522385473547.png?v=1

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Morning.

Today's music plug: kicking the four Archangels to the curb.

It's DLC, but holy hell, if it isn't satisfying to kill these guys...
and then use them for yourself, because Uriel in particular is the most overpowered thing I've ever seen in an SMT game. xD
Pierce Physical + Phys Pleroma + High Phys Pleroma + Charge/Dark Energy + Kannuki-Throw = everything dies. Everything.
Especially if you enhance it with Archangel's Law (Michael's special skill) first and give Uriel Smirk.
You can kill the final bosses in a single attack with this.
And it's downright necessary to have this against the final DLC boss.

And the best part? You only need a single turn of setup.
It goes:
Turn 1: someone buffs the party with Luster Candy - Michael uses Archangel's Law on Uriel - Uriel uses Charge/Dark Energy
Turn 2: Uriel uses Kannuki-Throw
Meaning everything dies in a minimum of two turns. It's insanity, I tell you.

Sounds neat! And that music is epic too.

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Hooooooooly crap, that ending. What.

Reveal hidden contents

It honestly felt like I was playing a horror game during the last three scenes... I mean, what?

But like, in a really really really good way. I didn’t understand half of what “Alba” and Joshua were talking about (they just threw in a bunch of words that were obviously set up), but like... oh my god. Just... oh my god.

I shall follow the ways of teehee and buy the second game tomorrow, but it’s 1 am, so first I need sleep.

9/10, easy. Incredible gameplay and an incredible ending. While the music was maybe a bit overblown in my opinion, it was still really good, and the characters and writing were all around awesome. Especially in that ending.

Maybe it was 10/10 material?

Reveal hidden contents

I mean, it somehow managed to feel like a completely different game... and yet work so, so, so well. I don’t even know how, but I loved it anyway. That was so good!

ayy grats! 

Glad you liked it!

y'all be liking FC more than i did haha

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Whoops

I mean, is it possible that I'm liking Olivier more than you did? He's been gone for like, two parts of the LP and I already wish he'd come back

32 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Whoops

I mean, is it possible that I'm liking Olivier more than you did? He's been gone for like, two parts of the LP and I already wish he'd come back

maybe? dunno xD

He's one of my all time favs, so..

But so are Half the cast of Trails in the Sky

Edited by Shrimperor

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

ayy grats! 

Glad you liked it!

I mean, all you need is to get to the ending of FC to want to buy all of trails afterward.

Or maybe that’s just me.

Spoiler

Dorothy should have been the villain though smh.

Obligatory

Been playing in my head since that cutscene advertising SC at the end of the game.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

You didn't buy them all on sale?

No, I didn’t know if I would like them and while I could have bought FC early into the sale and seen how much I liked it before the sale ended, some stuff got in the way.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

The Yellow Union Strikes are arguably the best tho, as they do decent damage+garuanteed Daze, and you can never go wrong with a garuanteed Daze.

.... it's actually kinda insane how skewed this is, Yellow Union Strike was always my go-to option.

The Daze didn't last that long for me, but it does deal surprisingly alright damage, and considering I've benched Kino from the very start and have never brought him back in, dealing damage is less my concern as it not dying in war of attrition. Daze would help with that.

That, and I've mostly been Union Strikes to take out groups, although for the Fog Beasts, divide and conquering all the surrounding enemies before tackling them is the better idea. Yellow Chaos isn't as good on groups as Red Comet I think, single targets may be a different story. 

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Don't worry about trying to get an extra Union Strike btw, it's somehow even more random than extending a XC1 Chain Attack.

Speaking of which, although Union Strikes are simpler and readily stronger, I do prefer them to XC1's version of Chain Attacks. They do have their uses for keeping enemies off their feet with Topple with the right team, but their great damage output is too heavily locked behind a combination of luck and QTEs. Sharla and I'd want to say to a lesser extent Riki, are also very bad at keeping the color chain flowing (and the Topple-lock too).

Compared to XC2 Chain Attacks and XCX's Overdrive, it isn't entirely surprising XC1 Chain Attacks finish dead last among the... "full resurrection gauge offensive abilities"? As for XC2/Torna CAs vs. XCX OD, I can't decide. XC2 CAs are better balanced, can be slightly luck-based if you use an attack that won't target a specific elemental orb; but Overdrive, once you get past the learning mountain, is so overpoweringly fun.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

t's DLC, but holy hell, if it isn't satisfying to kill these guys...
and then use them for yourself, because Uriel in particular is the most overpowered thing I've ever seen in an SMT game. xD
Pierce Physical + Phys Pleroma + High Phys Pleroma + Charge/Dark Energy + Kannuki-Throw = everything dies. Everything.
Especially if you enhance it with Archangel's Law (Michael's special skill) first and give Uriel Smirk.
You can kill the final bosses in a single attack with this.
And it's downright necessary to have this against the final DLC boss.

And the best part? You only need a single turn of setup.
It goes:
Turn 1: someone buffs the party with Luster Candy - Michael uses Archangel's Law on Uriel - Uriel uses Charge/Dark Energy
Turn 2: Uriel uses Kannuki-Throw
Meaning everything dies in a minimum of two turns. It's insanity, I tell you.

Brokenly strong endgame physical skills seems to be something modern SMT has learned to add, as if to overcompensate for magic's far greater versatility for the rest of the game. Does Multi-Strike come to your mind as well?

From what I'm told, modern Persona has developed a cult of Yoshitune and his Hassou Tobi skill, to the point P5 made this random unrelated to any psychobabble Famed demon NG+ only.

Wow, I got annoyingly close to some of the achievements.

I only missed 3 bracer quests, 1 school campus quest, 3 kinds of armor, only needed a combined 21 more sepith to 1000 of each sepith and got 350 out of 368 bracer points.

I missed 20 chests though.

Edited by Sooks

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wow, I got annoyingly close to some of the achievements.

I only missed 3 bracer quests, 1 school campus quest, 3 kinds of armor, only needed a combined 21 more sepith to 1000 of each sepith and got 350 out of 368 bracer points.

I missed 20 chests though.

Sooks% status: Failed.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sooks% status: Failed.

I wasn’t going for it, though.

I am insane, but not insane enough to do that in an RPG.

Three months ago today, Pyra and Mythra got their invitation to join Smash! And Rex got better treatment than Spring Man at least.

If the next reveal is at E3, then we're still a month away from the next character. Only one character after that and Ultimate will finally be finished...

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

Three months ago today, Pyra and Mythra got their invitation to join Smash! And Rex got better treatment than Spring Man at least.

If the next reveal is at E3, then we're still a month away from the next character. Only one character after that and Ultimate will finally be finished...

There's still a 0.00000000000001% chance that I'll get the character I want. Still holding on to hope here... C'mon, Sakurai...!

Just now, Sooks said:

I don’t know if playing two JRPGs in a row is a good idea though. Maybe I need a sort of palette cleanser...

You can play Yakuza. It is a game where you can punch people, but Kiryu is agood man and only crushes those who attack him first. Also, he's never killed anyone.

...No, but seriously. If you like brawlers, this game is a wonderful one. If you've never played one, well, what are you waiting for!?

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You can play Yakuza. It is a game where you can punch people, but Kiryu is agood man and only crushes those who attack him first. Also, he's never killed anyone.

...No, but seriously. If you like brawlers, this game is a wonderful one. If you've never played one, well, what are you waiting for!?

100 hours, probably.

I want something shorter.

Also, nice sales pitch there.

Edited by Sooks

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I mean, all you need is to get to the ending of FC to want to buy all of trails afterward.

yup, that's a mood.

Almost everyone who finished FC was like that haha

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

100 hours, probably.

Could be, not gonna lie. Brawlers are my weakness. Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb is like, 20 hours worth of a campaign tops. I have over 120 hours just on the Steam version.

I want something shorter.

Well, that's fine.

Hmmm... So, non-RPGs that are shorter than 100 hours. Well, I could recommend Into The Breach to you as I've done to Shrimpy. Runs in that one take like, 3 hours tops, and there's a great emphasis on replayability, so you can just call it quits whenever. And, well, it's just a great tactics game. Often desc ribed as having "perfect information", and I'd say that's pretty close to the truth.

There's also Banner Saga. You need all three games, since they're really like three parts of one big game, but it's like, Tactics Ogre meets Oregon Trail with a bleak and heavy story inspired by Norse mythology and almost no characters that are entirely safe from death (not even the protagonists). It's great. You know, I just realized, my favorite videogame stories tend to be on the bleak side. Does that make me edgy...? Oh no...

If you're in the mood for a more relaxed, story-driven experience, Return of the Obra Dinn remains unmatched in my eyes as a game where gameplay and story work in perfect harmony. It is a gaming experience unlike any I've ever seen, I heartfeltly recommend it. Though you might need to take some notes.

If you want something FE, well, I love DSFE, as you know. Get to it already.

For platformers, Castlevania Order of Ecclesia gets my utmost recommendation. Excellent platformer, though it is also quite tough.

...Well, I just recommended you some of my favorite games of all time completely out of the blue, haha. Take these recommendations into consideration if you wish.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

14 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

yup, that's a mood.

Almost everyone who finished FC was like that haha

It’s really what made me consider the 10/10.

So incredibly good.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Could be, not gonna lie. Brawlers are my weakness. Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb is like, 20 hours worth of a campaign tops. I have over 120 hours just on the Steam version.

How do you define a brawler? I am not sure if I have played one.

Hmmm... So, non-RPGs that are shorter than 100 hours. Well, I could recommend Into The Breach to you as I've done to Shrimpy. Runs in that one take like, 3 hours tops, and there's a great emphasis on replayability, so you can just call it quits whenever. And, well, it's just a great tactics game. Often desc ribed as having "perfect information", and I'd say that's pretty close to the truth.

Well, the gameplay looks different. I don’t think I’ve played something similar, what makes it a great tactics game? And why would I want to replay it?

There's also Banner Saga. You need all three games, since they're really like three parts of one big game, but it's like, Tactics Ogre meets Oregon Trail with a bleak and heavy story inspired by Norse mythology and almost no characters that are entirely safe from death (not even the protagonists). It's great. You know, I just realized, my favorite stories tend to be on the bleak side. Does that make me edgy...? Oh no...

I don’t need another trilogy to sink all my time and money into.

But of course, you said less than 100 hours, so how long are they?

If you're in the mood for a more relaxed, story-driven experience, Return of the Obra Dinn remains unmatched in my eyes as a game where gameplay and story work in perfect harmony. It is a gaming experience unlike any I've ever seen, I heartfeltly recommend it.

Gameplay and story work in perfect harmony huh...

It’s a puzzle game, isn’t it? A guy was dead on the floor and then the guy who’s perspective I saw pulled out a watch and like saw him dying. I think.

If you want something FE, well, I love DSFE, as you know. Get to it already.

Ambush spawns.

For platformers, Castlevania Order of Ecclesia gets my utmost recommendation. Excellent platformer, though it is also quite tough.

Mehhh, I very rarely want to play a platformer because it’s a platformer, usually I’m looking for something else. And now is not one of those times.

Edited by Sooks

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well, the gameplay looks different. I don’t think I’ve played something similar, what makes it a great tactics game?

Everything is told to you clearly at the start of the turn. Where the enemy will attack and where new enemies will appear. Then you get to use your moves to ensure that this all works in your benefit. You can get enemies to kill each other accidentally by pushing them into another's line of fire, take them out by drowning them or throwing them into pits, throw them into each other for damage... This all applies to you too, of course. I'm only scratching the surface here, there's just too much fun stuff you can do, I can't go over all of it at once.

There's four islands, each with its own set of randomly generated stages with different objectives and a boss fight at the end. The ultimate goal of the game is to save at least two of them (saving all four gets you more resources for the final battle), then go to the final island, where the two-part final battle takes place. Failure is not too impactful, since runs are short and the game is designed to be played over and over.

And why would I want to replay it?

It's a roguelike. Runs are very short, but there's an emphasis on replayability due to many squads and pilots to choose from, achievements to aim for to unlock more things and randomly generated maps and islands. You most likely won't beat the game in the first attempt, or the second - that's the point.

I know, this sounds RNG, but I swear, the layout of the stages may be randomly generated, but the game is extremely transparent with its information and very well designed, so there's zero Kaga moments.

I don’t need another trilogy to sink all my time and money into.

But of course, you said less than 100 hours, so how long are they?

As I just told you, they're more like one game split into three parts than three games. Baring some minor improvements and tweaks, it really feels like a continuous campaign. Between all of them, they took me a bit less than 30 hours. Roughly 9 hours per game.

Also... I didn't know, but it just so happens that it is currently on sale.

In fact, I'm pretty sure it's cheaper than when I got it.

So yeah.

It’s a puzzle game, isn’t it? A guy was dead on the floor and then the guy who’s perspective I saw pulled out a watch and like saw him dying. I think.

That's it, yes. You have to figure out the fates of the entire crew of the Obra Dinn by using the stopwatch to view their final moments before dying. It's a super tightly designed puzzle, and though guessing can be a valid strategy, there's a proper solution for every single crewmember. And telling a story through the final moments of all of its characters is a concept that was executed brilliantly, in my opinion.

Ambush spawns.

All right, then. Then play Sun God's Wrath. Fangame as though it may be, it's honestly better than a good few official FEs. I think, of course.

Mehhh, I very rarely want to play a platformer because it’s a platformer, usually I’m looking for something else. And now is not one of those times.

Oki dokie, that's fine.

Edited by Saint Rubenio