Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

It's a shame that the next SRW showcase will begin at 5AM PDT. Considering my sleep schedules, I'm going to end up sleeping through it all, hehe. Though on the flip side, I can wake up to a full compiled list of the details. Looking forward to 30's PV3.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

35 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I don’t think you can count so difficulty options if only 2% of players could use them.

True, but the option is still there and the important thing is that Gamefreak finally listened and added difficulty options. And you can use cheats to unlock it.

35 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean, Black 2 was my childhood so it gets a pass, but still.

BASED!

32 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Say, what did you do to Alistair anyway? I never figured that out for obvious reasons, but I also don’t care about spoilers for obvious reasons, so do enlighten me.

He went out of his way to execute Alistair in order to recruit the villain of the game.

59 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean, Black 2 was my childhood so it gets a pass, but still.

Missed this: but thanks for dating me. Xd

My childhood was R/B/Y. Still have my original Yellow version cartridge and everything.

12 hours ago, Dayni said:

We call for Haitaka GHB

Better yet, let's have a whole banner of one-off bosses. Morgan, the one singing pirate from PoR, Sigune for waifu points, Haitaka and Kumagera as the joint hero thing, and Henning for the GHB. I'd download the shit out of Heroes if this happened.

Yeah, it's not helped by the angle of the shot, but it is a fair bit worse.

SS from ambassador program is not worth.

I didn't even play SS on the 3DS lol. I discovered the series later and played it on emulator.

Hah! Yeah.

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ok you brought this upon yourself

DC_gTx9UIAAVUN2.jpg

sandara-tang-oddleif.jpg?1532565218

Accept the consequences of your actions.

Why, thanks for the cool images!

Man your method works for everything, I should employ it more often.

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

Is that the real reason you like Luigi?

I mean, part of it, yes.

11 hours ago, Shrimp γ said:

oh, we posting Nep CGs?

No. No we aren't.

10 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Use Delthea

delthea (fire emblem and 1 more) drawn by fuussu_(21-kazin)

I used Delthea in my first run.

She was worse than Luthier.

Okay, I'll admit there was a degree of favoritism, but the guy legit managed to keep up in stats. That, and he had that hilarious "EASY PICKINGS" line that made me crack up every time. What does Delthea have going for her? The dumb tooth thing? Bleh. Bleh, I say! I bench her for Forsyth.

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

Say, what did you do to Alistair anyway? I never figured that out for obvious reasons, but I also don’t care about spoilers for obvious reasons, so do enlighten me.

Spoilers in case anyone else cares

Spoiler

So you know Loghain, the traitor villain shithead that's obviously evil and usurps the throne after getting the king and Jesus (who by the way, does die there, even if it doesn't seem like it at first) killed? In the lategame, you can dethrone him. You can replace him with either his daughter Anora or Alistair, who is revealed to be a bastard child of King Cailan's father. However, at the same time, you have to choose what to do with Loghain. One of the choices is to force him to go through the induction, either killing him or making him into a Gray Warden. If you pick this, Alistair gets mad, drops all plans of taking the throne and threatens to leave. Anora decides he must be executed, as otherwise he could mount a resistance, or rebellions could arise in his name even if he didn't support them.

At this point, if your character has enough coercion points, you can convince Anora to spare Alistair and let him be on his way.

I had enough coercion points.

I encouraged his execution.

06 will never forgive me for it, I don't think.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

My childhood was R/B/Y. Still have my original Yellow version cartridge and everything.

Hey look, same.

32 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Better yet, let's have a whole banner of one-off bosses. Morgan, the one singing pirate from PoR, Sigune for waifu points, Haitaka and Kumagera as the joint hero thing, and Henning for the GHB. I'd download the shit out of Heroes if this happened.

I dunno, making unit who you get with Capture summonable with Orbs just feels weird to me.

Yes, enemies have been summoned with orbs before, but capturable ones not so much.

32 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

sandara-tang-oddleif.jpg?1532565218

Who's this?

33 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

She was worse than Luthier.

I'll say this: I've never had a particularly good Luthier.

Admittedly I'm the one person who's had good Sage Kliffs but still.

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I dunno, making unit who you get with Capture summonable with Orbs just feels weird to me.

Yes, enemies have been summoned with orbs before, but capturable ones not so much.

Fine, then switch Haitaka/Kumagera with Henning for the GHB. I'm not too familiar with how this game works, as you know.

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Who's this?

Oddleif from Banner Saga. Possibly the coolest character in the game.

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I'll say this: I've never had a particularly good Luthier.

Admittedly I'm the one person who's had good Sage Kliffs but still.

Luthier was a bit questionable, certainly, but he grew well for me. Might've just been luck, though, who knows.

49 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

So you know Loghain, the traitor villain shithead that's obviously evil and usurps the throne after getting the king and Jesus (who by the way, does die there, even if it doesn't seem like it at first) killed? In the lategame, you can dethrone him. You can replace him with either his daughter Anora or Alistair, who is revealed to be a bastard child of King Cailan's father. However, at the same time, you have to choose what to do with Loghain. One of the choices is to force him to go through the induction, either killing him or making him into a Gray Warden. If you pick this, Alistair gets mad, drops all plans of taking the throne and threatens to leave. Anora decides he must be executed, as otherwise he could mount a resistance, or rebellions could arise in his name even if he didn't support them.

At this point, if your character has enough coercion points, you can convince Anora to spare Alistair and let him be on his way.

I had enough coercion points.

I encouraged his execution.

Spoiler

Wait, I don’t understand, why would you make Loghain go through the joining? You could kill him in literally any other way to be more sure that he’ll die.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

Wait, I don’t understand, why would you make Loghain go through the joining? You could kill him in literally any other way to be more sure that he’ll die.

Spoiler

If he succeeds and becomes a Gray Warden, he loses everything and is basically bound to you, so you get to use and abuse him as you see fit. If he fails, he's dead. Win-win for you.

Except for the part where Alistair throws a hissy fit and deserts, but that's no biggie.

My niece is playing PMD DX, getting annoyed because the partner wants to go to the post office which she hasn't found.

Clearly her partner wants to get her dole already

28 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oddleif from Banner Saga. Possibly the coolest character in the game.

This is indeed an odd Leif.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What does Delthea have going for her? Her constant roasting of Luthier? Awesome. Awesome, I say! I'll use her and bench Luthier for Forysth.

See, I can play the game too.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

See, I can play the game too.

I mean, benching Luthier for Forsyth would definitely be a worthwhile move. Luthier is epic, but Forsyth is a forsyth to be reckoned with. He deserves everyone's deployment slots.

...But the loli's slot more than the funny dork's slot.

13 hours ago, Armagon said:

FCf4ln7XsAo3TCI?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Well, given PS4's notorious first time installations, i figured i better get this out of the way.

TIL that putting the PS4 in sleep mode does not continue disc installs like it does with digital downloads and updates.

Disc installation cringe.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

but Forsyth is not a forsyth to be reckoned with. He doesn't deserve everyone's deployment slots.

Delthea was a character I didn’t recruit because I didn’t realize she was recruitable due to her dumb conditions, so I killed her and saved over the file before I learned I could have recruited her.

56 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
  Reveal hidden contents

If he succeeds and becomes a Gray Warden, he loses everything and is basically bound to you, so you get to use and abuse him as you see fit. If he fails, he's dead. Win-win for you.

Except for the part where Alistair throws a hissy fit and deserts, but that's no biggie.

Spoiler

Wait, so then why does Alistair care enough to leave?

This wasn’t part of this post I’m quoting but since I forgot to say it, I’m glad Duncan died there. Good job writers.

Edited by Sooks

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Delthea was a character I didn’t recruit because I didn’t realize she was recruitable due to her dumb conditions, so I killed her and saved over the file before I learned I could have recruited her.

Pretty sure you're outright told not to kill her.

Since the Steam halloween sale is starting real soon and I've a couple games I wanna get, I don't want to commit to anything too long. So I'm going to play this little hack called Reborn Dimensions: Olethian Princess. For those of you who aren't aware, there's this ancient hack called Different Dimensions: Ostian Princess, which was a hack that was infamous for being absolute horseshit to the point of becoming positively hilarious. In April Fools 2019, someone released a joke hack remaking this meme of a hack. Then they decided "hey, you know what would be fun? This, but like, for reals." So now there's a complete 13-chapter hack based on the premise of remaking a meme.

It looks like a fun way to pass the time for a couple days before the sale begins.

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

but Forsyth is not a forsyth to be reckoned with. He doesn't deserve everyone's deployment slots.

Now you've gone too far. How dare you diss funny bad soldier guy. I'll kill you.

18 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Sorry, Ruben i remember Luthier just being an Excalibur bot, and nothing more. Not a very fun unit to use.

Damnit, Cosmo. You're clearly not a forsyth to be reckoned with.

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Good. Death to the lolis.

Hide contents

Wait, so then why does Alistair care enough to leave?

Spoiler

Because Alistair is a whiny little manbaby.

Spoiler

This wasn’t part of this post I’m quoting but since I forgot to say it, I’m glad Duncan died there. Good job writers.

Spoiler

Yeah, Duncan and Cailan dying there alongside half the royal army is a pretty great moment that really sets the tone. If anything, I think they should've made Duncan's demise a bit more clear, because as it is set up, it really feels like they're going to pull the old "nah I didn't really die" trick, when... well, they just don't lol.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Pretty sure you're outright told not to kill her.

I said

Death

to the lolis.

Edited by Saint Rubenio