• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

For those of you who aren't aware, there's this ancient hack called Different Dimensions: Ostian Princess, which was a hack that was infamous for being absolute horseshit to the point of becoming positively hilarious.

OHHHH I REMEMBER SEEING THIS ONE

4-4.png

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I said

Death

to the old men with beards.

Wow Ruben, can't believe you'd betray them like that.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I1WBZyV.jpg

I still need to play this one.

Wrapped up Day 6 last night and moved into Day 7. Although it seems straightforward, I slowed down and did a lot of optional Noise fighting for the heck of it and didn't actually make any progress into the day's objective. As if the mammoths weren't enough, I discovered the T-Rex Noise, they two shot me. Other Noise are very manageable on Normal, I could try tuning things up to Hard, but I'm fine with keeping to the default for now. I've also found myself at 99 on a few of the weakest, most commonplace pins now, leading to the extras undergoing automatic conversion to Yen. Because of this, I can buy meals for everyone not infrequently. I expect Day 8 when I get to it today to change out the enemies and thus alter the pins I'll be getting and get rid of my abundant revenue flow. 

Thought I had, but hadn't jotted down from earlier- why no more entry fees? The point to them in old TWEWY as stated in the Secret Reports was to force the personal development and growth of creativity in the players if/when they returned to the world of the living. Not sure why they felt a game of life or death was a better way to do this than art/poetry classes, but who am I to judge? The absence of fees would indicate a potential fundamental change in the purpose to Reaper's Game, and I'm doubting it's a good one.

Reaper's Game overall has a less structured feel to it than the first game. And in a sense, I ponder if this is because it's a sequel. That is say that TWEWY laid down the basic rules, principles, norms, and lore of the world which is shared with the sequel. The first game needed to at least somewhat be textbook in its application of those fundamentals in order to prove they were indeed fundamentals. A sequel would possibly be deemed unoriginal if it hewed too closely to the old narrative formula. And since the writers have already shown what normalcy looked like, they may themselves wish to experiment with new ideas, which they wouldn't if they didn't a prebuilt structure to however loosely anchor themselves to. The primary positive so far for NEO's take is that it makes the rival players infinitely more relevant, they practically didn't exist for Neku's ordeal.

29 minutes ago, Dayni said:

....Says the guy who didn't kill her.

Yes, well, Luthier needed a support partner. Even if calling what she does "support" is questionable at best.

Turns out I actually got an interview. Whut.

Congratulations!

29 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

How dare you Nep-post without me?

Nobody has nepposted. It isn't true. You cannot prove anything. Stop. Stop with the anime--

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

OHHHH I REMEMBER SEEING THIS ONE

4-4.png

16-17.PNG

Wow Ruben, can't believe you'd hate on CrossCode and Metroid. I agree, I hate them too. I wish they didn't exist, they suck so much.

Wow Armagon, I can't believe you'd betray them like that.

I still need to play this one.

I have nothing to add, but quotes are unremovable in Phone Serenes. Whoops.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Aight that's actually super dope.

Definitely gonna be playing this with my buddies this weekend.

Sounds like a good idea actually, sometimes the default 20 isn't long enough, but a full on second game isn't what you want either.

I do need to pick up a new MP. I've still the old GameCube with 4 & 5, but Mario Party 8 was my go-to for family recently and one of my Wii Remotes stopped functioning, bringing me down to one. Obviously that isn't good for MP, so I've been waiting for Superstars instead of nabbing Super Mario Party.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

56 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

and one of my Wii Remotes stopped functioning, bringing me down to one.

Was a motion plus model? If so, those seem to go much quicker than normal remotes. Maybe thats just me though. 

Woo! PV3!

And DLC 2 reveal!

Not surprised it was Kyosuke and Excellen, heh.

And Ultraman! Now only Kamen Rider is left to debut in SRW and we can have that Compati Hero reunion!

54 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Was a motion plus model? If so, those seem to go much quicker than normal remotes. Maybe thats just me though. 

No, I'm not sure of exactly when I got my Wii whose remotes I've been using for the Wii U, but I'm pretty sure it was at or close to the Wii's launch. Not entirely surprised one of them would stop functioning.

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Not surprised it was Kyosuke and Excellen, heh.

😄

No need for a part when you can have Impact's stars themselves. Sorry to be an Original NOOB, but I'm so gonna need the DLC when I get this. It'll be a Claymore Avalanche of fun!

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And Ultraman! Now only Kamen Rider is left to debut in SRW and we can have that Compati Hero reunion!

Kouta and Gilliam are off smiling somewhere (and Ingram & Viletta). Might as well find a way to go all the way and get Kamen in next time.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

On that subject, it seems it confirms the Datamine findings. Which means we might actually be getting a DLC 3 and DLC 4, adding:

Spoiler

Shinkalion the Movie
Dancougar
Getter Robo Devolution

Sanger
Ratsel
Irm
Gilliam
The Cross-Omega leads

Hopefully having the Ultimate Edition is enough. Would be a little pain if these had to be separately bought, haha.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hopefully having the Ultimate Edition is enough. Would be a little pain if these had to be separately bought, haha.

Again, my apologies for only knowing the only games which happened to be released officially abroad and not knowing how to/hesitating on emulation for many years, but if those actually gonna happen, Banpresto can take more of my money (fair, given I've had to corsair their other stuff). I like the choices.😋

I briefly glimpsed a little disappointment by some at no Grendizer, I think I saw a few fans were expecting it in DLC2 based on the contents of DLC1. And, Akurasu does indicate that it was the fourth series to join SRW. Not exactly the same level as Gun-GR-Maz, but I think I can understand the frowns.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I briefly glimpsed a little disappointment by some at no Grendizer, I think I saw a few fans were expecting it in DLC2 based on the contents of DLC1. And, Akurasu does indicate that it was the fourth series to join SRW. Not exactly the same level as Gun-GR-Maz, but I think I can understand the frowns.

As DLC it would've been neat I suppose. Perhaps they wanted to keep the focus on the Infinity setting, and Grendizer would clash due to the 10 year difference timeline wise.

Well, not quite fourth, since it's part of the Mazinger brand. If we count series entries as separate, then Grendizer was way after the fourth.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, not quite fourth, since it's part of the Mazinger brand. If we count series entries as separate, then Grendizer was way after the fourth.

Oh, my mistake. My apologies for being a mecha-anime non-watcher again.😅 The name on itself sounded different enough.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wrapped up Day 6 last night and moved into Day 7. Although it seems straightforward, I slowed down and did a lot of optional Noise fighting for the heck of it and didn't actually make any progress into the day's objective. As if the mammoths weren't enough, I discovered the T-Rex Noise, they two shot me. Other Noise are very manageable on Normal, I could try tuning things up to Hard, but I'm fine with keeping to the default for now. I've also found myself at 99 on a few of the weakest, most commonplace pins now, leading to the extras undergoing automatic conversion to Yen. Because of this, I can buy meals for everyone not infrequently. I expect Day 8 when I get to it today to change out the enemies and thus alter the pins I'll be getting and get rid of my abundant revenue flow. 

I actually never faced the generic T-Rex here when I first played, due to not wanting to go into grinding too much. What level are you at by now? I think I was 17-18 by Day 7, definitely sub 20.

Also, you've not been selling pins? Me, I was constantly selling dupes and whatnot. It definitely helps with money, though watch for anything that evolves, it's shown in the pin's details with either a Yes or ???.

Thought I had, but hadn't jotted down from earlier- why no more entry fees? The point to them in old TWEWY as stated in the Secret Reports was to force the personal development and growth of creativity in the players if/when they returned to the world of the living. Not sure why they felt a game of life or death was a better way to do this than art/poetry classes, but who am I to judge? The absence of fees would indicate a potential fundamental change in the purpose to Reaper's Game, and I'm doubting it's a good one.

I wonder if some other jurisdiction does do that for their death games. And what would each of the new people lose as entry fee in the first game?

As to the point it would be spoiling to go into.

Spoiler

There are spoilers here

Spoiler

It's explained in a secret report that this is a change due to the Shinjuku reapers. It's a rule they imported in and the writer finds it a bad call.

Reaper's Game overall has a less structured feel to it than the first game. And in a sense, I ponder if this is because it's a sequel. That is say that TWEWY laid down the basic rules, principles, norms, and lore of the world which is shared with the sequel. The first game needed to at least somewhat be textbook in its application of those fundamentals in order to prove they were indeed fundamentals. A sequel would possibly be deemed unoriginal if it hewed too closely to the old narrative formula. And since the writers have already shown what normalcy looked like, they may themselves wish to experiment with new ideas, which they wouldn't if they didn't a prebuilt structure to however loosely anchor themselves to. The primary positive so far for NEO's take is that it makes the rival players infinitely more relevant, they practically didn't exist for Neku's ordeal.

I mean, was TWEWY's Reaper's game normalcy? I certainly don't think so.

In a sense, because we see the other players in direct competition with the protags we actually get to see them directly compete versus the first game where those the player interacts with are anything but antagonistic.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, well, Luthier needed a support partner. Even if calling what she does "support" is questionable at best.

Ah they might be bickering idiots at times, but they do still care for each other.