Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Close enough? To Wraith? Come now, Acacia. Not even a tiny fraction!

Considering the guy is only one year older than me... like geez, dude makes it sound like there's a chasm between 1992 and 1993...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

28 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's a good start! I mean, that's a C tier beard at best, but it's definitely a start!

It's the best kind of beard: stylish and not bothersome.

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Considering the guy is only one year older than me... like geez, dude makes it sound like there's a chasm between 1992 and 1993...

One doesn’t age gracefully when consuming the amount of alcohol I drink everyday.

1 hour ago, FlyingKitsune said:

You know, I'm curious. Which forum themes do you guys use? (There's a themes option at the very bottom of the page) 

I use default as well.

40 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Wound you? If anything I flatter you. I am pretending 30 years old is a discernible fraction of your age!

29 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

It's the best kind of beard: stylish and not bothersome.

Big bear beard or bust.

...Even though my beard's currently at exactly this level, actually. Yeah, this exactly... Except for the motherfucking stache, which still doesn't reach the goddamned beard! There's been some slight progress since I shaved for the dentist, at least. Now there's like, a small bit of beard that wants to go up, but it doesn't quite make it to the lips.

Beard's doing this, basically.

Bernstol.png

A good attempt, but unfortunately, my stache still looks like one a Mexican soap opera protagonist would don.

So anyway, thanks. At least it's not a generic anime teen. From you, I will take it.

21 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

Stop reminding me of how much I want HSoS in English right now, Shrimpy.

2 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

I don't know what the fuck is going on

Anime.

That's what's going on.

I've been running a few tests on Echoes, to keep myself entertained while I count the minutes till the sale. The ghosting issue from Fates and Awakening is much more subdued here, though it might depend on the background. On the other hand, the emulator filter has a small issue with the battle forecast bars. It makes them uneven. No big deal. Also, it may be just me, but I feel the models are a bit better-looking than Fates's. Not that big of a difference, however.

And now back to TF2. If anyone has a short game that will last me exactly one day and that doesn't cost money, feel free to recommend it. I'll need it tomorrow.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I'm playing the PS2 one "Hour of Darkness". 

Ah yes, the original version of the game that began the entire franchise. FYI, I hear the games gradually get better QoL as the series progresses, as to be expected. There is also a ginormous gap between the story, where you can finish under level 100 at the default difficulty no problem, and the postgame, where you can expect to be in the thousands level-wise for the hardest stuff.

Narratively, I read someone comment once that Disgaea is supposed to fall somewhere between farce and seriousness. In this regard as they saw it, Disgaea 3 was farce taken too far, while Disgaea 5 was too serious. The first Disgaea, according to said commenter, strikes the proper balance of the two aspects. -But judge that for yerself of course.😀

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Ayy, nice! Been meaning to look into that series myself after really liking Labyrinth of Refrain (another game by that developer).

Nippon Ichi Software has no shortage of titles you could try. They've published and developed a lot, pretty much all of it anime-styled niche stuff that'll never ever get high ratings. Some of which has never left Japan either because of how niche it is, such as a game titled "If You Thought It Was Harem Paradise, It Was Yandere Hell". It might not always pay the bills -seriously, NIS has been skirting bankruptcy- but they do it anyhow. Call it selfless or call it stupid, I don't know.

Whether anything else from them would interest you... maybe? There is enough stuff that if you threw it all at a wall, there ought to be a good chance something, anything, could stick.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

SMT1 was released in 1992, and set in the year 199X. If you take X to mean 2 given the IRL year of the game's release, then yes, the difference between 92 and 93 is world-changing. As in "Thor nukes the world for YHVH" big.☢️💣🌏☠️

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've been running a few tests on Echoes, to keep myself entertained while I count the minutes till the sale. The ghosting issue from Fates and Awakening is much more subdued here, though it might depend on the background. On the other hand, the emulator filter has a small issue with the battle forecast bars. It makes them uneven. No big deal.

True. And, it could always be worse. And on that note, because I found it today, how about a little Nintendo schadenfreude?🍿

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

True. And, it could always be worse. And on that note, because I found it today, how about a little Nintendo schadenfreude?🍿

Hahahahahaha! Yes! Not only do they charge an eye and a liver for it, it also fucking sucks! Great! Glad to see Ninty is still at it! Best videogame company, right there!

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If anyone has a short game that will last me exactly one day and that doesn't cost money, feel free to recommend it. I'll need it tomorrow.

If, by not costing money, you mean cheap, there's this game called Before Your Eyes that's apparently a pretty interesting experience.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

If, by not costing money, you mean cheap, there's this game called Before Your Eyes that's apparently a pretty interesting experience.

No, I don't mean cheap, I mean not costing money. Because if it costs money, I'll want to wait until the sale, which completely defeats the purpose of finding a game to keep me going until the sale begins in two days lol.

5 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Ho boy, this is amazing.

I'm almost afraid to ask, but... Is Link supposed to be red, or is the Switch version THAT horrible?

Wow, looks like I missed a lot today. I don’t want to read it all, so this is my contribution.

I saw that Ruben ventured outside of forum games to post about Storge. It sounds neat, too, so if it’s really that good…

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

don't mean cheap, I mean not costing money. Because if it costs money, I'll want to wait until the sale, which completely defeats the purpose of finding a game to keep me going until the sale begins in two days lol

In which case, you should try Fire Emblem: Gilmore Girls! It's a short GBA fangame, and I don't know why it exists.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm almost afraid to ask, but... Is Link supposed to be red, or is the Switch version THAT horrible?

Goron Tunic.
Adult Link has a green, red and blue tunic.

Though there are most certainly other things about those screenshots that raise an eyebrow. Like Adult Link having the Fairy Ocarina instead of the Ocarina of Time.

But considering how this game has been throughout dissected by the speedrunning community, there are probably plenty of ways to get to this point if you just want to take some quick screenshots for comparison.

Edited by BrightBow

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Link has a red and blue outfit on top of a green outfit in Ocarina of Time, the player very likely has the red outfit equipped. Which is good because red link supremacy.

Although it’s kind of weird because all three pictures are in the water temple, where most people have the blue outfit equipped throughout because you can go under water without drowning, and you practically need the blue outfit to unlock the temple in the first place, but none of the screenshots show it.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I take it it's the Goron Tunic. Adult Link in OoT can wear the Kokiri (green), Goron (red), or Zora (blue) tunics. Not sure why they're wearing the Goron or the Kokiri in the Water Temple when you need the Zora on there every time you submerge yourself. And technically, Goron has minor damage-related gameplay benefits that make it obsolete Kokiri and outdo the Zora when not in the Water Temple. 

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ah yes, the original version of the game that began the entire franchise. FYI, I hear the games gradually get better QoL as the series progresses, as to be expected. There is also a ginormous gap between the story, where you can finish under level 100 at the default difficulty no problem, and the postgame, where you can expect to be in the thousands level-wise for the hardest stuff.

Narratively, I read someone comment once that Disgaea is supposed to fall somewhere between farce and seriousness. In this regard as they saw it, Disgaea 3 was farce taken too far, while Disgaea 5 was too serious. The first Disgaea, according to said commenter, strikes the proper balance of the two aspects. -But judge that for yerself of course.😀

Well, the story seems to have some "humor" points, but i just started. 

Also: I get penguins in my army!? Awesome!

Also... Level 1,000...? Really?

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I saw that Ruben ventured outside of forum games

Man, I remember the days when me venturing outside of let's plays was the weird thing. Maybe I should LP Storge.

to post about Storge. It sounds neat, too, so if it’s really that good…

It's great, really unique gimmick, super creative unit concepts, fun enough maps and a wholesome little story (it justifies the name of the hack - that's right, it's not a typo!). Plus, it's short. 5 chapters, will take you an afternoon or two at most. You lose nothing from giving it a run.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

In which case, you should try Fire Emblem: Gilmore Girls! It's a short GBA fangame, and I don't know why it exists.

Aahh...

Yeah. I will... consider it.

5 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Goron Tunic.

Though there is most certainly plenty of other things about those screenshots that raise an eyebrow. Like Adult Link having the Fairy Ocarina instead of the Ocarina of Time.

But considering how this game has been dissected by the speedrunning community, there are probably plenty of ways to get to this point if you want to take some quick screenshots for comparison.

Okay... Okay. Good.

I mean, not good. Not good at all. That sort of shitty-ass emulation is what you'd expect from like, Project64 in the early 2000s. Not an official product being sold at 50 fucking bucks. But it's not like Ninty are strangers to being cheap bastards.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Green Tunic is the best one because it can't be stolen by a Like-Like.

...but yeah, I can most certainly see why this feature was not brought back for Majoras Mask or Wind Waker. All they do is to prevent you from dropping dead in certain areas.
...doing the Fire Temple without a Goron Tunic is actually kinda fun, though. Probably could do that with the Water Temple too, but I mean, it's enough of a pain in the rear as is.

Edited by BrightBow

7 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Goron Tunic.

Though there is most certainly plenty of other things about those screenshots that raise an eyebrow. Like Adult Link having the Fairy Ocarina instead of the Ocarina of Time.

But considering how this game has been dissected by the speedrunning community, there are probably plenty of ways to get to this point if you just want to take some quick screenshots for comparison.

Considering the Switch screenshot shows only four hearts and no magic meter, they definitely force-skipped some parts to show that point.

Edited by Acacia Sgt