Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

39 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Well, about as well as one can meet over the information superhighway.

Even though I am more of a touchy-feel-y kinda guy, I have learned during the pandemic that a meeting between nothing but minds is a meaningful interaction nonetheless.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

B0hgzBa.jpg
He really is getting the Conquest experience, isn’t he?

Apparently a new Triangle Strategy trailer came out.

There’s not a TON of new info here except the beginning heavily implies characters will actually care about your decisions and maybe leave? instead of just following you wherever while complaining about it. Although the dialogue from the red magic girl™ at this part is a little concerning because that line was in the demo exactly like that, but she didn’t leave. Might be nothing though.

Challenging your convictions also seems to be a new theme and/or tagline for this game now, since you heard it 50 times in there.

Say, now that I think about it, this game is choice based. At least, in theory. Maybe I could use it to fulfill my plans when it comes out. 😈.

Edited by Sooks

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

It's funny, I just realised my Tellius log was going on during some of the worst parts of that wreck of my mental state. I wish I could say it was a perfect aversion/distraction to the whole situation, but clearly it wasn't a solution there as it didn't result in a change of my mindset and that period wasn't really helped by "I'll take my mind off it by playing Ike's game", as apparent by how many and how long gaps there were in sessions.

I getcha. Games when I'm depressed often fail to do enough good for my mind. And at worse, my already sluggish rate of play takes another hit, as I just don't feel like it. Each day I don't becomes another measure of life's regrets to add to the pile.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Also would an art of a consumable where the thing isn't consumed be affected by the fact that fundamental part of the experience is absent?

Maybe. I don't know. I've never had as much as a sip of alcohol, but I still like watching a good documentary on the stuff. How is any different from watching stuff about delicious food your picky tastebuds would never enjoy?😋🍺🥗

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

So you're endorsing psychadelics.

I thought there was a panic about autistic people being in the same universe as these things. 😛

Me on psychedelics sounds like the Book of Revelation- something I'd like to watch, but not actually be in attendance at.

I can't imagine what I'd say or do, but it might be astounding. Or, I'd confess something my sane lips have buried from people IRL, that'd be highly embarrassing. And I can't assume "I wasn't sane!" wouldn't get them to think it was all made up in the confused moment.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Though yeah it makes a ton of sense that you could get a honey that had those compounds as well.

Brooklyn_Red_Honey_Bees_large.jpg?v=1519

Move over Spider Man, Bee Woman will defend NYC.

This is a real image. A decade ago, Brooklyn urban beekeepers discovered their honey was turning red. There was a cherry juice factory nearby, and as the waste from the factory was sweet, bees took it back home. Artificial food coloring Red 40 on display here. Not on display- the nonzero possibly that antifreeze could've gotten into the honey from elsewhere in the urban environment. Bees can slurp up a lot of liquids that taste sweet that might prove toxic to human.

The French a few years later discovered bees that had ingested M&M coloring, resulting in blue and green honey.

honey.jpg

35 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Pikmin is 20 years old today! Now I feel old, even though I never actually played the first Pikmin.

Tell me about it.

Pikmin is one of those franchises I tried, but simply wasn't for me. The time limit on the first game held me back, and while I got further in the sequel, I didn't love it, and I think I lost 'mins too readily. Also, the insect-inspired designs kinda creeped me out.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 hours ago, Shrimp γ said:

Fuck this Fates time

@Armagon imma try a randomized run until you say when you have time for a linked run 😉

Nice.

Imma finish my Dread Hard Mode sub-4 hour run first. I'll let you know then.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Pikmin is 20 years old today! Now I feel old, even though I never actually played the first Pikmin.

Good timing too

27 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Pikmin is one of those franchises I tried, but simply wasn't for me.

Same. Tiny man in a big world is a neat concept but Pikmin was just so boring imo.

This is honestly the most I've sequence breaked a Metroid game, both within Dread and in the series overall.

Bombs, Flash Shift, Grapple Beam, Super Missiles, Cross Bombs and now Space Jump all gotten earlier than intended.

All that's left is getting Screw Attack early, which I've done before.

Edited by Armagon

So something I dont understand in Disgaea, how the Geo Sphere color change works. The tutorial was confusing as hell, and I accidentally set off a chain reaction the wiped that entire field... Including my team. Xd

Anyone that played able to explain how this works?

Edited by lightcosmo

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

This is honestly the most I've sequence breaked a Metroid game, both within Dread and in the series overall.

Bombs, Flash Shift, Grapple Beam, Super Missiles, Cross Bombs and now Space Jump all gotten earlier than intended.

So when you say sequence break, you don’t mean glitches, like what it would mean in any other context? I see you use the term sequence break with Metroid a lot, so I feel like I’m missing something. Are the games designed to be that flexible if you’re that good?

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So when you say sequence break, you don’t mean glitches, like what it would mean in any other context? I see you use the term sequence break with Metroid a lot, so I feel like I’m missing something. Are the games designed to be that flexible if you’re that good?

Yeah, pretty much. There are a few sequence breaks that involve glitches but most sequence breaks in the series involve the player using the mechanics and abilities in a certain way. Now, whether or not the sequence breaks were intentionally placed there by the devs is another matter, as currently only Zero Mission and Dread actually had the devs consider sequence breaking (though both still have a few unintentional sequence breaks as well). But even if they aren't intentionally placed there, sequence breaks that don't involve glitches are still hardwired into the series' DNA and the only games that don't really let you do it are Fusion and Samus Returns (due to their linearity) and the Trilogy version of the Prime Trilogy, as that rerelease patched out the few sequence breaks there are (Prime sequence breaks are pretty much mostly glitches due to how the games work).

Sequence breaking in Super Metroid is pretty much responsible for kicking off the speedrunning craze in the 2000s. Like Super Metroid is probably the game to speedrun.

8 hours ago, Dayni said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Fuck, just that train of thought that something so easily available could an option to end yourself is an awful thing. I can only send my well wishes to you.

Gimme.

8 hours ago, Benice said:

Even though I am more of a touchy-feel-y kinda guy, I have learned during the pandemic that a meeting between nothing but minds is a meaningful interaction nonetheless.

There's a merit to both, I'll agree there.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I getcha. Games when I'm depressed often fail to do enough good for my mind. And at worse, my already sluggish rate of play takes another hit, as I just don't feel like it. Each day I don't becomes another measure of life's regrets to add to the pile.

Yeah.

Although my not finishing Neo at the moment is partly out of fear.

Maybe. I don't know. I've never had as much as a sip of alcohol, but I still like watching a good documentary on the stuff. How is any different from watching stuff about delicious food your picky tastebuds would never enjoy?😋🍺🥗

I suppose.

I was thinking there was less distance between the person and the thing in the moment.

Me on psychedelics sounds like the Book of Revelation- something I'd like to watch, but not actually be in attendance at.

I can't imagine what I'd say or do, but it might be astounding. Or, I'd confess something my sane lips have buried from people IRL, that'd be highly embarrassing. And I can't assume "I wasn't sane!" wouldn't get them to think it was all made up in the confused moment.

I was like that about alcohol actually back before I had any.

Brooklyn_Red_Honey_Bees_large.jpg?v=1519

Move over Spider Man, Bee Woman will defend NYC.

This is a real image. A decade ago, Brooklyn urban beekeepers discovered their honey was turning red. There was a cherry juice factory nearby, and as the waste from the factory was sweet, bees took it back home. Artificial food coloring Red 40 on display here. Not on display- the nonzero possibly that antifreeze could've gotten into the honey from elsewhere in the urban environment. Bees can slurp up a lot of liquids that taste sweet that might prove toxic to human.

I fell like I've heard of similar before and of course you can see less extreme versions with bees if they're collecting from a specific source like ivy.

5 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

FFVI my beloved

I'm guessing South Figaro in the distance?

52 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Apparently this.

7 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

https://i.redd.it/08ta9som1tv71.png

Canon

There's something awful involved isn't there.

13 hours ago, Shrimp γ said:

PXUtOfh.png

This cast is so screwed, it's not even funny

Def blessed Gritz aside

Ahahahahahahaha

Alno.

I'm going to make so many jokes at Alno's expense.

"Anus" in Spanish is "ano." My dude's called Alnus. Amazing.

11 hours ago, Shrimp γ said:

Fuck this Fates time

Shrimpy.txt

11 hours ago, Shrimp γ said:

Or maybe PMU instead of randomized hmm

Use all of the capturables. All of them.

10 hours ago, Dayni said:

@Saint Rubenio You looking at Shaky Jones's LP of SD?

Can't say I am, no.

If not, you should see his Matthis.

Wow.

That's not even the best Matthis I have ever seen, but... Wow.

Only fools do not believe in Matthis.

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

Apparently a new Triangle Strategy trailer came out.

There’s not a TON of new info here except the beginning heavily implies characters will actually care about your decisions and maybe leave? instead of just following you wherever while complaining about it. Although the dialogue from the red magic girl™ at this part is a little concerning because that line was in the demo exactly like that, but she didn’t leave. Might be nothing though.

Challenging your convictions also seems to be a new theme and/or tagline for this game now, since you heard it 50 times in there.

Say, now that I think about it, this game is choice based. At least, in theory. Maybe I could use it to fulfill my plans when it comes out. 😈.

- The characters will actually care about your decisions and maybe leave?

Okay, I'm DEFINITELY playing as Benedict. And I'll still be afraid that I'll somehow screw things up so bad that the main character leaves me and is replaced by a generic anime teen.

I am still so fucking worried that the trailers keep putting the word "betrayal" over my man.

Also the Duke of Aesfrost looks like Dracula, I can tell he's going to be a fun character already.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

40 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also the Duke of Aesfrost looks like Dracula, I can tell he's going to be a fun character already.

Dracula: Origins? I mean, sure there's a game for that already but there's multiple timelines in Castlevania, that should be acceptable.

- The characters will actually care about your decisions and maybe leave?

I'd assumed that was the plan but of course we didn't get a demonstration of it in the demo.

I'm curious how much damage can be done down particular routes.

That's not even the best Matthis I have ever seen, but... Wow.

I should have expected you'd say that.

I still don't know and at this point I'm tired of not knowing. Does anyone know the maximum amount of captures/bond/einherjar units can be had at once in Fates and is this affected by how many units have died?

Edited by Dayni