Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Benice said:

OOF

I mean, it's just four hours difference. And it's like 3:30AM on Japan right now. Okay, everyone who imported all over the world, and maybe even some over there would be awake anyway. But well, I'm not in a race with them to be the first finish the game. And it suits me fine.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, it's just four hours difference. And it's like 3:30AM on Japan right now. Okay, everyone who imported all over the world, and maybe even some over there would be awake anyway. But well, I'm not in a race with them to be the first finish the game. And it suits me fine.

I just hope that nobody spoils the game for you in the layover period!

53 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You’re gonna pick betrayal over morality, utility and liberty because you think it’s funny, aren’t you?

Ohohohoho.

Oh, you know me too well.

53 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I think I wanna get it, cause last time you said a story was the GOAT it was Trails in the Sky, and we know how I feel about that. And everyone who left a Steam review seems to agree with you.

I lack such a foolproof track record. Thus, I wait for a sale.

39 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

😪 boo-hoo, Ruben is being a bully. Xd

No one's ever given in to my demands for a cried river before.

I don't like it. I feel bad now. Cease your river-crying at once!

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Given this and the generally inconsequential nature of the story's events,

What inconsequential events? That Cassius got off the air ship?

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I lack such a foolproof track record. Thus, I wait for a sale.

I mean, I’m not gonna buy it one day before a sale just because. Or however long before this sale everyone is talking about, idk. I don’t know when Steam generally has sales.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The jingle is still there!

SRX be lookin' good! The knuckle and Banpresto Logo Laser attacks are new to me. Either I totally forgot about them, or I never actually watched a vid of the 2nd/MD animations for SRX in the first place. They ditched the kaleidoscopic Dominion Ball here, oh well, it's the least-fitting attack in SRX's arsenal.

Not having R-Gun around is probably for the better. In terms of raw power, HTB Cannon overshadows TK Burst Slash, or whatever you want to call the Z.O./Supreme Sword attack. But the sword is flashier than the gun, and flashiness > damage.😄

Why I am I thinking DLC will break this game? And who cares? As long as it's fun I say.💥

Random thought: why haven't Kuro & Shiro ever been branded as a single Sub-Pilot? Masaki wouldn't mind one extra set of Seishins.

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What inconsequential events? That Cassius got off the air ship?

We've been over this. You think stuff like the Team Rocket's misadventures are cool plot hooks. I thought it was the most boring shit ever.

Plus, the whole "establishing characters" thing is pretty nice in theory, but when you hate most of the characters except for like, Estelle and her dad, well... Not so much.

Again, we've been over this. Trails ain't for me. Take anything I say about it with a grain of salt.

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean, I’m not gonna buy it one day before a sale just because. Or however long before this sale everyone is talking about, idk. I don’t know when Steam generally has sales.

Oh but I thought you believed Trails to be the Queen's beans! Surely you trust Shrimp-senpai's word enough to buy his game off a sale? Unlike me, whose games you bought on a sale. Hmph!

Whaddya mean, I myself recommended buying Banner Saga on a sale!?

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

SRX be lookin' good! The knuckle and Banpresto Logo Laser attacks are new to me. Either I totally forgot about them, or I never actually watched a vid of the 2nd/MD animations for SRX in the first place. They ditched the kaleidoscopic Dominion Ball here, oh well, it's the least-fitting attack in SRX's arsenal.

Not having R-Gun around is probably for the better. In terms of raw power, HTB Cannon overshadows TK Burst Slash, or whatever you want to call the Z.O./Supreme Sword attack. But the sword is flashier than the gun, and flashiness > damage.😄

Why I am I thinking DLC will break this game? And who cares? As long as it's fun I say.💥

Random thought: why haven't Kuro & Shiro ever been branded as a single Sub-Pilot? Masaki wouldn't mind one extra set of Seishins.

No, it's been there since at least... Alpha I think. Basically since the attack itself has existed.

Good question. It becomes a bit silly when the likes of Ãœso's Haro get to be a sub-pilot (and has been always), but not Masaki's familiars. Maybe due to how the La Gian familiars work it's technically just still Masaki? So no sub-pilot status.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

6 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Wow, they give you that much time for an input? I'm not sure i would be comfortable with that, since i'm used to the other style.

An accessibility thing is my guess.

It's very easy to get used to anyways. And there's been times where I just Shinespark'd instantaneously but like I said, I don't know what triggers it.

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

Why do teachers have to put things we never talked about on the test?

My professor put triangle proofs or some shit on the last test and we did not go over that at all.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

We've been over this. You think stuff like the Team Rocket's misadventures are cool plot hooks. I thought it was the most boring shit ever.

Plus, the whole "establishing characters" thing is pretty nice in theory, but when you hate most of the characters except for like, Estelle and her dad, well... Not so much.

Again, we've been over this. Trails ain't for me. Take anything I say about it with a grain of salt.

No no, you misunderstand, I’m asking because I don’t remember how much info you were working with when you quit. Like, the sky bandit stuff is pretty much objectively relevant BUT it’s not clear how it’s relevant until later in the game, so I was guessing what you were talking about.

I actually wasn’t too invested in the plot by that point either, other than Olivier of course. The difference is that I love the core gameplay loop of Trails and you don’t.

Oh but I thought you believed Trails to be the Queen's beans! Surely you trust Shrimp-senpai's word enough to buy his game off a sale? Unlike me, whose games you bought on a sale. Hmph!

Of Shrimp’s games that I actually paid for well my mom but same thing, I bought 2 out of 3 of them on sale. Sky SC is the only one I paid full price for.

But that’s a better ratio than your games, none of which I bought at full price.

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Whaddya mean, I myself recommended buying Banner Saga on a sale!?

I bought the physical trilogy secondhand for dirt cheap.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Of Shrimp’s games that I actually paid for well my mom but same thing, I bought 2 out of 3 of them on sale. Sky SC is the only one I paid full price for.

Full price!? WHAT? Xd

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

No no, you misunderstand, I’m asking because I don’t remember how much info you were working with when you quit. Like, the sky bandit stuff is pretty much objectively relevant BUT it’s not clear how it’s relevant until later in the game, so I was guessing what you were talking about.

I quit right after meeting Olivier, then I continued reading the story in a LP until I got completely bored of it. If I had to point out a specific moment... I believe right after this General Morgan chews you out and arrests you, and then you're put in a cell right next to Olivier.

The difference is that I love the core gameplay loop of Trails and you don’t.

Yes, precisely.

But that’s a better ratio than your games, none of which I bought at full price.

How dare you defy me.

I bought the physical trilogy secondhand for dirt cheap.

Same thing, okay.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

SC was the game that got me back into gaming (which I know sounds dumb since I would have had to play all of FC first), I'd pay a month's wage to experience it again.

Edited by DodgeDusk

Goddamnit, everyone's talking about Trails again.

Welp, guess I'll use this moment to get ready for bed. Hopefully timezones don't screw me over and the sale has already begun when I wake up tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Goddamnit, everyone's talking about Trails again.

Welp, guess I'll use this moment to get ready for bed. Hopefully timezones don't screw me over and the sale has already begun when I wake up tomorrow.

Me, trying to clear that map I mentioned earlier

35 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It’s only 30 bucks. I’d pay 60 for SC tbh.

I guess that one flew over your head. Nevermind.

20 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

SC was the game that got me back into gaming (which I know sounds dumb since I would have had to play all of FC first), I'd pay a month's wage to experience it again.

That's deep.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

That's deep.

Persona 3 FES had such an impact on my gaming-wise, I couldn't enjoy any other game for ages. FC's ending caught my interest so hard I had to play SC immediately (and this was when SC had just released! I told myself I wasn't going to play SC until I finished XCX, which was releasing in a week's time, iirc). It's the biggest reason why I love Estelle and Joshua so much.