Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well look at that. Kinda weird to release it now but all games should have demos.

I played it myself. It ends right after you get the Spider Magnet. Personally, I think ending it a Corpius (the first boss) would've been better but the playable chunk here is enough to get a basic feel of the game.

8df7c032ffe2e8f49d26c10e5cc9652e718072a2

As thanks for the info, I offer this pic.

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Agreed. Though they have to be good demos, sufficiently representative and explanatory of the game. Sometimes demos have backfired you know although that's fine if the game itself is bad.

RIP Balan Wonderworld Demo.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Unfortunately, demo or not, it would require turning on my Switch, logging in to the E-shop and waiting for the download of a game I'm 90% positive I won't like. So, no. Sorry, Woody.

Considering the download can happen while it's asleep unless your connection is bad I don't see it as an issue.

I won't be playing it today or tomorrow for other reasons, but still.

I got past the brick wall of Chapters 16 and 17 of Rev. Frankly whoever removed the option to save between them was a bad person, though that probably was the reason I just went for actually clearing 17 faster and not trying to only grind up underlevelled units that kept leading to me getting stuck with 16 (but also imo White Flames's gimmick is mediocre in execution anyway). And with that I can finally go full eugenics- Oh who am I kidding I bet it won't even be half optimal.

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

10 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Considering the download can happen while it's asleep unless your connection is bad I don't see it as an issue.

Yeah, it's not that big of a deal. Certainly not as much of an issue as my nonexistent interest in Dread or Metroid as a whole. That's a bit more of a problem, right there.

10 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I got past the brick wall of Chapters 16 and 17 of Rev. Frankly whoever removed the option to save between them was a bad person, though that probably was the reason I just went for actually clearing 17 faster and not trying to only grind up underlevelled units that kept leading to me getting stuck with 16 (but also imo White Flames's gimmick is mediocre in execution anyway). And with that I can finally go full eugenics- Oh who am I kidding I bet it won't even be half optimal.

Generics, Dayni.

Go full generics.

And yes, no saves between chapters 16 and 17 is dumb. I really don't get why they did all those save restrictions in Fates, honestly. There's a reason lives aren't a thing in most games anymore. The ability to save is just nice.

Heck, if they want to go down that route, you know what I'd love to see in FE? Full ironman mode. Game autosaves, no chance to go back. Now that'd be epic. As long as it's optional, of course.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Heck, if they want to go down that route, you know what I'd love to see in FE? Full ironman mode. Game autosaves, no chance to go back. Now that'd be epic. As long as it's optional, of course.

Save bricks

Yeah I know there's such a thing as having contingencies for that as well, but I am not sure how far back it'd go.

Now there's possibly another character fighter (there's a debatable roster leak and..... it's something)..... Maybe we need to cross all the streams.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Sounds like a KH Heartless.

But aren't the Heartless names are usually to the point? at least if you mean from 1&2 (3 might be a different story).

Edited by lightcosmo

Mega Ultra Chicken is now in FEH

I don't remember it being so cute in Yu-Gi-Oh

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Generics, Dayni.

Go full generics.

That's for Conquest, we've been over this.

Speaking of Conquest, Zoran lives!

There's a good chance I'm going to be minding my grandparents in a few weeks. That's going to be pretty stressful because several people will be unavailable to help (hence why I'm being asked) and they're advanced in their needs. I'm certainly going to be worried about it.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

There's a good chance I'm going to be minding my grandparents in a few weeks. That's going to be pretty stressful because several people will be unavailable to help (hence why I'm being asked) and they're advanced in their needs. I'm certainly going to be worried about it.

Oof, I hope everything goes well. If you’re being asked to, they probably think you won’t mess up.

32 minutes ago, Dayni said:

oh boy. Take care, man.

So what are the chances of the Insomniac Spider-Man games getting PC ports? Because that would be pretty dope.

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I have a grand total of 10 steam games! (11 if you count PCSX2, which i really don't)

e3393c65bce3474ac9dc74a01ea052fb.png

All good games and then there's Final Fantasy lol lmao gottem.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I have a grand total of 10 steam games! (11 if you count PCSX2, which i really don't)

You don't want to see mine then.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So what are the chances of the Insomniac Spider-Man games getting PC ports? Because that would be pretty dope.

I mean, I won't argue because I'm not someone who likes 12, but still.

I'd say in the next few years we could see at least 2018 and Miles Morales. R&C may be less likely, they'd have to debate if they can find an audience there who won't just get their consoles anyway

21 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

oh boy. Take care, man.

57 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oof, I hope everything goes well. If you’re being asked to, they probably think you won’t mess up.

I'm definitely worried about it, partly because I might have to say I can't as well and it'll be for some weeks, which a lot can be messed up in that timeframe.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Save bricks

Yeah I know there's such a thing as having contingencies for that as well, but I am not sure how far back it'd go.

Ah, yes... That'd be a problem.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

That's for Conquest, we've been over this.

Generics, Dayni.

Always generics.

41 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

That's certainly a... one-dimensional library.

Currently got 179 games. Wow. When did that ever happen...

34 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Neat. Let's get a port of Game Where Revealing The Second Word Of The Script Is A Gamebreaking Spoiler.

15 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I'd say in the next few years we could see at least 2018 and Miles Morales. R&C may be less likely, they'd have to debate if they can find an audience there who won't just get their consoles anyway

PC has the biggest audience that isn't Nintendo (I think) so that shouldn't be an issue.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Neat. Let's get a port of Game Where Revealing The Second Word Of The Script Is A Gamebreaking Spoiler.

Indeed.

Although that would be up to Vanillaware, not Sony.

Tomorrow I'll cross off another museum on my list: the Brooklyn Museum. Won't be there long, it looks like a smaller Met, a couple galleries are closed for renovation as is usually the case (aww... I like my Islamic art), and b/c it's autumn there's no point in following up with a visit to the nearby Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. But, silver lining of covid is that healthcare workers & their kin get in for free now, so it won't cost a thing.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Who came up with this? What is that name? Sounds like a KH Heartless. And that quote. "The Y that surpasses the apeX" is so hilariously corny. 

Epsilon is a Greek letter. Not as commonly used as some others in entertainment, but still, Greek is exotic.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

PC has the biggest audience that isn't Nintendo (I think) so that shouldn't be an issue.

The question is if they think R&C would sell on PC, I argue because it's not a licensed series and has a bit of a long in the tooth continuity and history of being Sony locked.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Generics, Dayni.

Always generics.

So kill the bosses too, make it truly generics?

Just now, Armagon said:

IMG_20211028_093650.jpg

Ah now, that's not 2 degrees.

Here that'd be 29. 😛

IMG_20211028_094541.jpg

Time to fill my dark soul with light.

I did watch the short video on the series' life up until this point.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Epsilon is a Greek letter. Not as commonly used as some others in entertainment, but still, Greek is exotic.

At least with the "e", I can pronounce it.

Not even sure how I'm supposed to pronounce Ypsilon.

11 minutes ago, Dayni said:

The question is if they think R&C would sell on PC, I argue because it's not a licensed series and has a bit of a long in the tooth continuity and history of being Sony locked.

So was God of War.

You know, I just realized the other day I praised Genny as the best of the "generic cleric girl" stereotype, when... Really, she's not it, is she? Naah, there's another character in SoV that's much, much closer. Cleric? Check. Damn near vital unit? Check. No personality? Check. White robes and hood outfit that looks exactly the same as all the other Lenas before her? Close enough, she has that veil-esque hat.

Yep, it's Silque.

Fuck Silque.

It's her fault my previous SoV run ended in catastrophe.

I am ever so glad she lost that one Heroes popularity contest against Wrys.

11 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So kill the bosses too, make it truly generics?

I will accept it.

EAT SHIT, EDGEWORTH!

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I never got this far.

I'm no longer sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Healthy mix of both, I'd say.

It's Yakuza Kiwami, not 0. You should play it, Majima is everywhere.

How did that even happen? What'd you do to her?

Led her on then turned her down.

Demons hate him! See how this man exorcised his haunting spirits with this simple trick!

2WFiiAA.jpg

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Have you ever heard of a game called Crusader Kings 2? It's free.

Edited by Ghost_06_

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Not even sure how I'm supposed to pronounce Ypsilon.

Yeepsilon? Or is this actually a reference to the also Greek letter Upsilon, so it'd be pronounced "Yupsilon"?

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Time to fill my dark soul with light.

I hope you enjoy your trip into another vaguely Hideki Kamiya-influenced action game (your first being Astral Chain)!

1 minute ago, Ghost_06_ said:

It's Yakuza Kiwami, not 0. You should play it, Majima is everywhere.

I've heard the meme, yeah.

I've heard it from Benice, but I'd like to get a second opinion, now that I have the chance. Biggest problem I had with 0 was that after the first boss fight the difficulty walked out of the door and the game became a series of repetitive, mindnumbingly easy scuffles. How's Kiwami in that regard, in your opinion?

Led her on then turned her down.

How cruel of you.

2WFiiAA.jpg

Anime.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I bought it purely for modding purposes. Xd

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

You don't want to see mine then

Sure i do!

57 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's certainly a... one-dimensional library.

All in good taste, Ruben.

11 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Have you ever heard of a game called Crusader Kings 2? It's free.

I have not! I can take a look, though.

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Sure i do!

There's over 300 in the library, mostly because of bundles and stuff.

As for currently installed, the list is tiny, essentially Vestaria and CKII, because I kind of need the space sometimes.