Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Reversed how? Like each color being reversed, so times and swords flipped? Or everyone being shifted a color?

Every unit's class get's changed to something they are weak against.

For example: Effie Armor to Fighter (since Axes beat Lances)

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

And here's Koji!

I remember when I went to see Mazinger Infinity on theater. As a 4D film, actually. Was quite the experience, I'd say, heh.

23 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

Every unit's class get's changed to something they are weak against.

For example: Effie Armor to Fighter (since Axes beat Lances)

What about units with two weapon types? Does it just count whatever they’re best at, like Xander with swords and Camilla with axes? Or do you flip both weapons, so like for Xander he has red and blue, red is beat by blue and blue is beat by green, so wyvern lord for blue and green?

Then again, Fates E ranks… lol.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

What about units with two weapon types? Does it just count whatever they’re best at, like Xander with swords and Camilla with axes? Or do you flip both weapons, so like for Xander he has red and blue, red is beat by blue and blue is beat by green, so wyvern lord for blue and green?

Xander got turned into Armor (Swords to Lances and Lances to Axes), and Camilla Master Ninja (Axes to Swords and Tomes to Shuriken)

So flipped both weapons to what probably fit best

...Fuck, Master Ninja Camilla will probably make Ch10 hell

Alright, first stage done! Now I'm at the intermission screen.

Phew, lots of stuff to do here. Seeing the world map, just a choice between two missions, unchanged from the Demo. Hmm, get the Combattler or J-Decker first...

7szcO2H.png

This is how the party looks like atm after Reversal, for example...

and this might be the run where i finally use capture lol

Also first time in a while i don't go Grandmaster Corncob. Won't stay Myrmidon for long tho. Will grab Vantage then go something else

Edited by Shrimp γ

Tough decision. The Combattler mission is being actually recommended, but the J-Decker one unlocks the Cybuster mission, I'm pretty sure. Wait, no, it's actually another J-Decker, it seems.

Changed my mind. Combattler it is!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

FCvwvuvUYAQtOIM?format=jpg&name=large

Very nice. Sub four hour run in Hard Mode means i unlocked the fourth, fifth and sixth ending screens, as well as the bonus one for getting them all.

Hard Mode is not as hard as i thought it'd be but it's alright, this game is still supremely based. You should all play this game.

20 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

...Fuck, Master Ninja Camilla will probably make Ch10 hell

tumblr_23262c111487977e659a1e39906caa4d_

OMG They actually showed the actual anime clip of Combattler V combining! They didn't do this since... SRW F! Later games used CGI movies, the actual anime clips were only done in Classicverse games. Wow...

... WTF, Super EM Yo-Yo uses ammo!? What a nerf!

Well look at that. Kinda weird to release it now but all games should have demos.

I played it myself. It ends right after you get the Spider Magnet. Personally, I think ending it a Corpius (the first boss) would've been better but the playable chunk here is enough to get a basic feel of the game.

56Bzf8K_1.jpg

36 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

... WTF, Super EM Yo-Yo uses ammo!? What a nerf!

Is ammo really a nerf tho? You can't upgrade it (and Energy, if OG is anything to go by, is the cheapest stat to upgrade) or slap a Generator on a unit to more freely boost it, but if a unit already has a high use En-consuming attack or two it'd rather spend it on, wouldn't ammo on its other attacks be a good thing? 

Maybe it's all a ploy to keep manufacturers of the now-antiquated fad toy afloat?

39 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

OMG They actually showed the actual anime clip of Combattler V combining! They didn't do this since... SRW F! Later games used CGI movies, the actual anime clips were only done in Classicverse games. Wow...

How could Classicverse afford anime clips despite being PS1/Saturn at best technologically, and not later games? Is it that horrible "Everything looks better in 3D!" misconception? Which I would understand for the PS1 era b/c "ooh 3D is new and shiny!", but beyond that, I would've though SRW would've learned better.

Anime clips, though I haven't seen them, would fit SRW better on paper I'd think.

56 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Very nice. Sub four hour run in Hard Mode means i unlocked the fourth, fifth and sixth ending screens, as well as the bonus one for getting them all.

*Bows to you while wearing a live Metroid on my head.*

Damn you're good. I could never hope to compare. From a novitiate, to an archbishop in the course of no more than a year.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well look at that. Kinda weird to release it now but all games should have demos.

Agreed. Though they have to be good demos, sufficiently representative and explanatory of the game. Sometimes demos have backfired you know although that's fine if the game itself is bad.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Is ammo really a nerf tho? You can't upgrade it (and Energy, if OG is anything to go by, is the cheapest stat to upgrade) or slap a Generator on a unit to more freely boost it, but if a unit already has a high use En-consuming attack or two it'd rather spend it on, wouldn't ammo on its other attacks be a good thing? 

Maybe it's all a ploy to keep manufacturers of the now-antiquated fad toy afloat?

Well, before this, the Super EM Yo-Yo didn't need ammo. So you could basically spam it all you want. But now it has 8 ammo, so it's very limiting. In fact, I'm noticing EVERY attack so far needs either ammo or EN. Have they really ditched "free" attacks altogether then? Would have to play further to find out. No, weapons needing ammo is as limiting as them costing EN. Or actually more, since EN at least can be recovered through EN-Regen parts like Solar Panels. But ammo needs actual resupply. Best you can is increase it via parts, like how you can reduce EN costs.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How could Classicverse afford anime clips despite being PS1/Saturn at best technologically, and not later games? Is it that horrible "Everything looks better in 3D!" misconception? Which I would understand for the PS1 era b/c "ooh 3D is new and shiny!", but beyond that, I would've though SRW would've learned better.

Anime clips, though I haven't seen them, would fit SRW better on paper I'd think.

It's by choice. It's just video files, easy to load and run. They switched to CGI movies, then they ditched those too. But now SRW 30 is bringing them back, and back to using anime clips to boot. Which I'm glad for, hehe.

Alright, I have basically caught up with the demo players... and the World Map has opened!

I wonder if all the places are all there is or more show up. Oh look, Mexico City is a place on the map! Wonder what sort of missions may show up there...

*remembers Victory Gundam's Motorad Squad mission*

... hopefully not that one...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

It's interesting. Unlike how the first missions kept you to the Far East Region (same for Space keeping in you Lagrange Point... one of them at least), once the World Map opens up, it seems it fully opens up. So I see already there may be missions even as far as Jupiter. Then again, makes sense with the game's roster. Though I can't actually visit regions with no missions displayed. So for now... nothing outside Earth itself. I also see the Masaki mission is now available, at Lhasa. Wait, I thought it went bye bye when Char dropped Fifth Luna on it. Maybe that just didn't happen in SRW 30 then.

Okay, stopping for today. Phew, what fun! This is still so surreal... hahaha. Man, a mainline SRW officially sold worldwide...

Although, hmm... said I'd play it blind but... hmm... I'll think it over. Also since I'm tempted to record a playthrough, so I'd have to start over anyway, hahaha.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Alright, time for Gridman!

Only thing I know about Gridman is that the director of the anime mandated that the heroine of the show have big thighs.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Damn you're good. I could never hope to compare. From a novitiate, to an archbishop in the course of no more than a year.

It's pretty nice to think about. I went from conquering a childhood demon (getting "softlocked" in Super Metroid when I was like 12) to playing almost every game in the series and finding not one but two personal masterpieces within it, which up until this point had been something only Xeno had done.

I'd just say, if there's one thing so far I'm not finding much to my liking... is the 45 degree rotated map orientations. They trip me up when I try to move the cursor, haha. But well, it's minor, I can get used to this.

Also, the fact they divided the American regions as North America and Latin America. One one hand, nice to see Latin America as a label, on the other... not this again of lumping everything between the USA and the Darien Gap as not part of North America!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

56Bzf8K_1.jpg

I've always loved this image, and it gladdens me to see someone other than myself use it.

Inti Creates. I love you guys. But I gotta ask

IMG_20211028_002739.jpg

Who came up with this? What is that name? Sounds like a KH Heartless. And that quote. "The Y that surpasses the apeX" is so hilariously corny. 

So I woke up early today. Didn't mean to, but I guess the hype got me up.

Sale still hasn't started.

Greeeeaaaaaaat...

EDIT: Ah right, I'd forgotten. In Steam events start and end at 19:00 pm.

Excellent.

9 hours ago, Shrimp γ said:

I told you to watch the anime, not play a VN 😛

Yes, well, by now you should know I am a highly irresponsible person.

hopefully you enjoy it though, and sleep well!

We have yet to know if I will enjoy it, as the stupid timezones have screwed me over. Who even invented time, anyway? God damn you, John Time!

for me it's playing FE hacks on bed until i sleep lol

Pffft.

9 hours ago, Shrimp γ said:

Fucking Trails fans

Worse than FE fans

This is also Shrimpy.txt

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Download finished... it's time.

This Is Where The Fun Begins Star Wars GIF - This Is Where The Fun Begins  Star Wars Anakin - Descubre & Comparte GIFs

See ya in a few hours!

I still have to wait.

I hope it has been about as fun as you expected it to be.

8 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

lmao

gD49rLL.jpg0C6Ayhf.jpg

I never got this far.

I'm no longer sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Healthy mix of both, I'd say.

8 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Not anymore.

https://i.imgur.com/Arl3jSq.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/MT0AWA2.jpg

How did that even happen? What'd you do to her?

8 hours ago, Shrimp γ said:

I am doing a Fates Weapon reversal run Ü

So is Leo not bigoted in this version?

7 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

https://loginportal.funnyjunk.com/pictures/Underwear_6104aa_7747863.jpg

Demons hate him! See how this man exorcised his haunting spirits with this simple trick!

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

I played it myself. It ends right after you get the Spider Magnet. Personally, I think ending it a Corpius (the first boss) would've been better but the playable chunk here is enough to get a basic feel of the game.

56Bzf8K_1.jpg

Ahahahaha, that fucking image. I think that's how Benice convinced me to try out Yakuza 0.

Unfortunately, demo or not, it would require turning on my Switch, logging in to the E-shop and waiting for the download of a game I'm 90% positive I won't like. So, no. Sorry, Woody.

Edited by Saint Rubenio