• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

20 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Are these different people from the original Project M working on it? I have not been following the tribulations those involved have gone through and I thought it had been halted for a time. You know if they did much with Boi?

(I wasn't sure Goku was in M, frankly I doubted it, just when I thought of canonical strong guis who have been requested for Smash he was the first that came to mind.)

PM+ is basically an extension of PM that is tournament legal still. (That would be :hackless) 

Just now, Armagon said:

I still remember the dark times of 2015-2016.

Just now, Shrimp γ said:

even if it's much better now than it used to be, during Fates era it was real bad

I.... was kinda there. 2016 was me playing Judgral so I kinda skipped over the worst of it, barring "Well that's me missing the Special Edition" talk I say nothing on Fates before getting it on sale by the end of 2016. I don't say much before I've played all three routes by the time SoV was out and of course by then I just kinda dived in on the train because I'd finished on Rev.

Just now, Armagon said:

FCuCj_iXoAQgoyn?format=jpg&name=medium

Honestly I found the trailer fine.

Oh the movie is probably unnecessary from Pixar but I don't think it'll be bad or anything for now. Still an odd retcon for Buzz Lightyear lore.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Download finished... it's time.

This Is Where The Fun Begins Star Wars GIF - This Is Where The Fun Begins  Star Wars Anakin - Descubre & Comparte GIFs

See ya in a few days!

Don't blame ya, hope it holds up!

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

PM+ is basically an extension of PM that is tournament legal still. (That would be :hackless) 

So Project M isn't because it's been hacked to bits? Or is it because of the C&Ds and I'm just tired?

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So Project M isn't because it's been hacked to bits? Or is it because of the C&Ds and I'm just tired?

It isnt cause character like ZSS, Sonic, Snake has issues with their code where if a battle went on long enough, the game hard locked. 

I believe they call it a "memory leak".

Basically their coding was "buggy", so then PM TE came out, and fixed all that. Now PM+ is their main version, which extends off of TE.

All different devs I think.

Edited by lightcosmo

22 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

This Is Where The Fun Begins Star Wars GIF - This Is Where The Fun Begins  Star Wars Anakin - Descubre & Comparte GIFs

See ya in a few hours!

Enjoy the super fighting robots.

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Oh the movie is probably unnecessary from Pixar but I don't think it'll be bad or anything for now.

Could've just been it's own thing. 

I guarantee it will end with it panning out and showing it was a movie within a movie all along and the final shot is a young Andy asking his mom if he can have a Buzz Lightyear toy for his birthday.

Ninty enjoys ruining fun. Idk why they even gave two shits, people needed to buy a physical copy of Brawl to play PM on average. The only reason I can think of is that it was more popular than Tr4sh, and they were jealous.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

It isnt cause character like ZSS, Sonic, Snake has issues with their code where if a battle went on long enough, the game hard locked. 

I believe they call it a "memory leak".

Basically their coding was "buggy", so then PM TE came out, and fixed all that. Now PM+ is their main version, which extends off of TE.

Ah, so it was like Rare making DK64 with a memory leak, but I assume faster to crash if it made it difficult to use for a tournament setting it had to be crashing fast enough to be a problem right?

Also, ah software forks, you never know until you see the what's gone on.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Could've just been it's own thing. 

I guarantee it will end with it panning out and showing it was a movie within a movie all along and the final shot is a young Andy asking his mom if he can have a Buzz Lightyear toy for his birthday.

They've already said it's a movie that Andy would have seen at the time, which seems to be a retcon if I recall correctly as I don't think that movie was a thing previously?

No clue if they pull that as a post credits scene or what, some weirdly meta choice but you're right to point out the possibility.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Ninty enjoys ruining fun. Idk why they even gave two shits, people needed to buy a physical copy of Brawl to play PM on average. The only reason I can think of is that it was more popular than Tr4sh, and they were jealous.

I don't remember 4 being that hated, at least for Wii U. But that would have only done well by the standards of the Wii U, which I don't think I need to say anything about as it is it's own punchline.

40 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

See ya in a few hours!

The Time has Come, open the flood-Gates of Magus to the Commencement of a Distant Battle! 

Since it's on PC, you'll be able to take it Everywhere You Go. Whether you're Dancing like Faeries, As Cool As Ice and Spies, or surging with Psychic Energy, enjoy your Time Diver-ted to this game with a Soul of Steel. Get lost in a Dark Prison of entertainment, or be carried on Hot Winds and a Hurricane to a world of fun that's So Close, Yet So Far. SRW is a gift so sinful, it's as though it came from a Fallen White Angel, it's not, it's an All Correct Hero Chronicle. Roar like One Who Breaks Supremacy, knuckle down like a Dark Knight, rush in like a Steel Beowulf, ride the Rail Into The Danger Zone because you were Born to Fight. SRW is for Flapper Girls and Rushing Dandies alike, be not like an Alchemist With A Wavering Heart, embrace the Chaos. Become the Sword to Smite Evil, be an Ace Attacker Wild. Let the Violent Battle rage with Crimson Shura-red blood, overrun your enemies with a Trombe and destroy them like a Shooting Star Samurai Sword Cutting Through the Night. Unleash perfect Armageddon and Burn it all Now! And should it turn out you are not Invincible, that you were naught but a Marionette Messiah, don't give up and commence Code ATA, try a-Gan, Gan, Gigan! Believe In your Bonds and return to the Steel Cockpit of the Vanishing Trooper, a Right and Kind Treue Justice Girl with Brass Sincerity in their heart, as you Dance and Brace aiming Towards the Blue Sky and White Plains to victory this time!

Sweet Sava Volkruss! I feel like puking after writing something so contrived.😆

So yeah, have fun!

I'll join you... I dunno when. Xmas should bring the laptop, but between NxC, OGs, XS, BS... there's a lot of things I'd want to work through on PC first. And there's a few Switch games in Xmas and the spring too. Maybe summer of next year? I haven't a clue. But I will.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Honestly I found the trailer fine.

Oh the movie is probably unnecessary from Pixar but I don't think it'll be bad or anything for now. Still an odd retcon for Buzz Lightyear lore.

What trailer? Oh, somehow I never heard of this until now.

Zurg better be in it. With Chris Pratt as Mario and Chris Evans as Buzz (and Chris Pine as Spider-Man in Into the Spider-Verse), I wonder what iconic animated character will be voiced by Chris Hemsworth? Chris Rock needs to voice somebody too.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

They've already said it's a movie that Andy would have seen at the time, which seems to be a retcon if I recall correctly as I don't think that movie was a thing previously?

No clue if they pull that as a post credits scene or what, some weirdly meta choice but you're right to point out the possibility.

It's not really a retcon since we've never seen much of Buzz's in-universe media, outside of Toy Story 2's intro which was a video game. Though I think Buzz Lightyear of Star Command might exist in the Toy Story universe too...

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Ah, so it was like Rare making DK64 with a memory leak, but I assume faster to crash if it made it difficult to use for a tournament setting it had to be crashing fast enough to be a problem right?

Also, ah software forks, you never know until you see the what's gone on.

I imagine it would cause issues from a cometitive standpoint. 

I think it was "the longer the game was on, the higher chance this issue occured.

Just now, Lightchao42 said:

Zurg better be in it. With Chris Pratt as Mario and Chris Evans as Buzz (and Chris Pine as Spider-Man in Into the Spider-Verse), I wonder what iconic animated character will be voiced by Chris Hemsworth? Chris Rock needs to voice somebody too.

He might be.

Also all the Chrises need to be in the one movie, make the acting budget real stupid.

Just now, Lightchao42 said:

It's not really a retcon since we've never seen much of Buzz's in-universe media, outside of Toy Story 2's intro which was a video game. Though I think Buzz Lightyear of Star Command might exist in the Toy Story universe too...

That may be a negatory now. Which it shouldn't be, it was 90's as all get out, but still grand like.

6 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

lmao

gD49rLL.jpg0C6Ayhf.jpg

Is this canon?

@Benice, is it?

Should it be?

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Time has Come, open the flood-Gates of Magus to the Commencement of a Distant Battle! 

Since it's on PC, you'll be able to take it Everywhere You Go. Whether you're Dancing like Faeries, As Cool As Ice and Spies, or surging with Psychic Energy, enjoy your Time Diver-ted to this game with a Soul of Steel. Get lost in a Dark Prison of entertainment, or be carried on Hot Winds and a Hurricane to a world of fun that's So Close, Yet So Far. SRW is a gift so sinful, it's as though it came from a Fallen White Angel, it's not, it's an All Correct Hero Chronicle. Roar like One Who Breaks Supremacy, knuckle down like a Dark Knight, rush in like a Steel Beowulf, ride the Rail Into The Danger Zone because you were Born to Fight. SRW is for Flapper Girls and Rushing Dandies alike, be not like an Alchemist With A Wavering Heart, embrace the Chaos. Become the Sword to Smite Evil, be an Ace Attacker Wild. Let the Violent Battle rage with Crimson Shura-red blood, overrun your enemies with a Trombe and destroy them like a Shooting Star Samurai Sword Cutting Through the Night. Unleash perfect Armageddon and Burn it all Now! And should it turn out you not not Invincible, that you were naught but a Marionette Messiah, don't give up and commence Code ATA, try a-Gan, Gan, Gigan! Believe in your Bonds and return to the Steel Cockpit of the Vanishing Trooper, a Right and Kind Treue Justice Girl with Brass Sincerity in their heart, as you Dance and Brace aiming Towards the Blue Sky and White Plains to victory this time!

Sweet Sava Volkruss! I feel like puking after writing something so contrived.😆

So yeah, have fun!

I'll join you... I dunno when. Xmas should bring the laptop, but between NxC, OGs, XS, BS... there's a lot of things I'd want to work through on PC first. And there's a few Switch games in Xmas and the spring too. Maybe summer of next year? I haven't a clue. But I will.

Hahaha, bravo!

Hopefully you can join soon. Though too bad then you'll miss out on SRX and Cybuster. They were Pre-Order only... though who knows, they might change that eventually.

---

Okay, so, unlike my usual way of playing, I'll be doing more or less a blind playthrough. I plan to play this more than once, so I can allow myself this for the first time. If there's stuff I missed, I can get them next go around.

So, started with the Male protagonist on the Earth route. Here we go!

Okay, first stage. Defend Ominato Base from attacking Mechabeasts... eh, Kikaiju. Guess we aren't translating that, huh. For now it's just Edge and the Huckebein 30, as the Dresstrager is preparing to sortie.... full of military cadets. I've seen this rodeo before, we'll be fine. with the newbies in charge.

So, I've been trying to unlock as many interruption scenes and... oh lol, there's a Victory Gundam one where they reference SRW D's recruitment process for Katejina and Cronicle. XD

This is gonna be a fun ride...

30 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hahaha, bravo!

I have to Octo H-I-T! myself on the head and fall off the deck of The Steel Ark into the gullet of The Heaven-Sailing Dragon for forgetting a few tunes. (Those belonging to characters/mechs I'm not familiar with are verboten, for I need to understand firsthand them in totality or semi-totality first to truly appreciate the music.)

33 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Though too bad then you'll miss out on SRX and Cybuster. They were Pre-Order only... though who knows, they might change that eventually.

No biggie. I'll still buy the DLC, and that'll get me a bunch of Originals, particularly if waves 3 and 4 turn out to be true. 

That, and doing without two Originals forces me to use two more licensed units. Expand my horizons, open my eyes, fall in love with new machines dodging/tanking everything and blowing stuff up with a flourish. How can that be bad?😉

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I have to Octo H-I-T! myself on the head and fall off the deck of The Steel Ark into the gullet of The Heaven-Sailing Dragon for forgetting a few tunes. (Those belonging to characters/mechs I'm not familiar with are verboten, for I need to understand firsthand them in totality or semi-totality first to truly appreciate the music.)

No biggie. I'll still buy the DLC, and that'll get me a bunch of Originals, particularly if waves 3 and 4 turn out to be true. 

That, and doing without two Originals forces me to use two more licensed units. Expand my horizons, open my eyes, fall in love with new machines dodging/tanking everything and blowing stuff up with a flourish. How can that be bad?😉

Haha, I suppose. That is the main purpose of SRW after all!

59 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

I am doing a Fates Weapon reversal run Ü

Reversed how? Like each color being reversed, so times and swords flipped? Or everyone being shifted a color?