• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I wonder, whose idea was it to make different JRPGs named Trails, Trials (of Mana), and Tales? There must be some kind of developer conspiracy...

In kaiju related news, a Godzilla vs. Hedorah short film will release next week. After 17 years, Final Wars Hedorah will finally get screentime. It's a miracle!

It's nice to see that Godzilla and Hedorah's suits from Final Wars were kept in good enough condition to be used again. Shin Godzilla didn't use suitmation but hopefully it will live on through things like this.

Gravity Rush may have the most abrupt ending i've ever seen in a video game......or just in general. But

That is a banger ending theme. Which is impressive considering that the lyrics are all fakey-fake made-up language.

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I wonder, whose idea was it to make different JRPGs named Trails, Trials (of Mana), and Tales? There must be some kind of developer conspiracy...

It's all the work of one localizer to get every JRPG to have names as similarly as possible.

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Shin Godzilla didn't use suitmation but hopefully it will live on through things like this.

Same. We haven't had a suitmation Godzilla since Final Wars as Shin Godzilla was CGI and the anime trilogy was.....well anime.

6dewiu4h10w71.png

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/91529776

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

I think I wanna get it, cause last time you said a story was the GOAT it was Trails in the Sky, and we know how I feel about that. And everyone who left a Steam review seems to agree with you.

o7

Thanks for the vote confidence

and enjoy 😄 

5 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

o7

Thanks for the vote confidence

and enjoy 😄 

It will be a good way to compensate for my no doubt complete mess of a playthrough and my just as doubtless vitriol for all the fan-favorite characters.

Well, I'm off to sleep. And by "I'm off", I mean I'm setting the phone on my bedside table and forgetting it exists. Tomorrow I'll get those pesky games.

If I do not enjoy S;G I am holding Shrimpy personally responsible.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

If I do not enjoy S;G I am holding Shrimpy personally responsible.

I told you to watch the anime, not play a VN 😛

hopefully you enjoy it though, and sleep well!

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean I'm setting the phone on my bedside table and forgetting it exists.

for me it's playing FE hacks on bed until i sleep lol

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Godzilla vs Kong looks different than i remember.

Is he in Project M by default? Or at least this version?

If so, I kinda want him, Goku and whatever else over there now. Wavedashing Godzilla is a monster I bet Goku loses to.

Give it time. I think the same happened with Tales of Arise. Because Bandai Namco has something against pre-release PC demos apparently.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Do we mean just FE fans in the usual sense where we all hate ourselves and each other or are they the worst to you?

I meant worse*

xD

They are worse than FE fans.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Give it time. I think the same happened with Tales of Arise. Because Bandai Namco has something against pre-release PC demos apparently.

Tales of Arise demo happened on release hmmm

but yeah Namco sux in that regard

11 minutes ago, Dayni said:

If so, I kinda want him, Goku and whatever else over there now. Wavedashing Godzilla is a monster I bet Goku loses to.

PM has Mewtwo, Roy, Knuckles, and I think they where working on Waluigi. Cant remember.

9 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Seems like it's a mod.

A mod within a mod. Modception.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ahaha, someone in the Steam forums brought up the idea of Trails of Cold Steel in SRW.

Cold Steel mechs getting one-shot immediately by everything that isn't the Sakura Wars mechs.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Because Bandai Namco has something against pre-release PC demos apparently.

Namco when someone asks for a pre-release PC demo

JgMHKO6.gif

9 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

They are worse than FE fans.

I get Trails fans being worse from what you said, I meant are the FE fans also terrible?

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

PM has Mewtwo, Roy, Knuckles, and I think they where working on Waluigi. Cant remember.

Are these different people from the original Project M working on it? I have not been following the tribulations those involved have gone through and I thought it had been halted for a time. You know if they did much with Boi?

(I wasn't sure Goku was in M, frankly I doubted it, just when I thought of canonical strong guis who have been requested for Smash he was the first that came to mind.)

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Seems like it's a mod.

XP getting updates in 2021.

Truly we live in strange times.

Edited by Dayni

I hope there are some SRW games with Evangelion Mark.06 in them. It got shafted almost as much as Final Wars Hedorah.

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's all the work of one localizer to get every JRPG to have names as similarly as possible.

It goes deeper than we thought: those games are made by Falcom, Square, and Namco, and Tetsuya Takahashi worked at all three of those companies at some point (allegedly for Falcom at least). Perhaps the T-series is a companion to the Xeno games? We'll have to see if Nintendo will make a T-JRPG next. Though I think the Trails games were originally localized by Xseed, so Takahashi must have an agent working there too.

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Same. We haven't had a suitmation Godzilla since Final Wars as Shin Godzilla was CGI and the anime trilogy was.....well anime.

Technically speaking, there was pachinko and some previous short films with suitmation, but they were never made widely available like the GvH short film will be, so this will be a good change of pace.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

"Mods within mods await you, Riku." -Ansem, Seeker of Darkness

oe3GSr5.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I meant are the FE fans also terrible?

Yes

even if it's much better now than it used to be, during Fates era it was real bad

Edited by Shrimp γ

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

It goes deeper than we thought: those games are made by Falcom, Square, and Namco, and Tetsuya Takahashi worked at all three of those companies at some point (allegedly for Falcom at least). Perhaps the T-series is a companion to the Xeno games? We'll have to see if Nintendo will make a T-JRPG next. Though I think the Trails games were originally localized by Xseed, so Takahashi must have an agent working there too.

JRPG: Perfect Works.