Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

18 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

War? Women fighting? Barrel abuse? What's your point here, old timer?

Ohhh right, it's the country's flag on the shield. Yeah, I too hate patriotism.

Did you not see the martyred victims of these fiendish sirens’ wrath? Saint Rum, Saint Brandy, Saint Gin and less we forget, thrice blessed Saint Whisky.

Edited by WraithReborn

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

A hack with a playable Lloyd? I will definitely have to play this at some point.

Not gonna lie, I have my sights set on Eagler instead. You know, the one paladin guy in Lyn mode? I always loved his design and his palette, and I thought he was cool enough to be recruitable, except instead he's a sort of Camus for Lyn mode. I always remembered him fondly. I guess you could call that the first instance of my extremely strange character preferences in FE, all the way back when I was a Blazing Sword baby.

4 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Though I'm more intrigued with hacks that have original casts and stories for now. 

Yeah, that's understandable. In my case, however, FE7 might as well be a hack with an original cast and story. I haven't played the thing in what, seven years? Eight years? It's the only FE I haven't replayed in such a long time. So I'll admit, it piques my curiosity.

Just now, WraithReborn said:

Did you not see the martyred victims of these fiendish sirens’ wrath? Saint Rum, Saint Brandy, Saint Gin and less we forget, thrice blessed Saint Whisky.

I'm not the best person from whom to seek sympathy for your alcoholic ways, old man. I don't drink. My heart stirs not at the sight.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm not the best person from whom to seek sympathy for your alcoholic ways, old man. I don't drink. My heart stirs not at the sight.

…But don’t all legal aged adults drink their sorrows away? Am I the only one here who drinks his life away!?!

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not gonna lie, I have my sights set on Eagler instead. You know, the one paladin guy in Lyn mode? I always loved his design and his palette, and I thought he was cool enough to be recruitable, except instead he's a sort of Camus for Lyn mode. I always remembered him fondly. I guess you could call that the first instance of my extremely strange character preferences in FE, all the way back when I was a Blazing Sword baby.

Hah, I didn't even recognize him when going through a LP of Corrupt Theocracy just today. Though it is fun to be able to recruit some of those. I remember having quite a few bosses that were completely random but that I liked quite a bit in SoV. I also saw something about a Guy and Maxime ending in there... wonder if they did supports for Nino and Sonia. That'll be awkward. 

Currently playing Sun God's Wrath and I do enjoy it quite a bit! The story and dialogue are generally passable with a few things that take me out a lot, but the gameplay is interesting enough to make up for it, and the uniqueness of the units. I'm a bit miffed at the whole "Lex is a frickin billion miles away for the entire chapter as a captured unit and will most likely not see a pinch of combat" for the prison chapter though. Thanks to Mercy, it's not the worst predicament, but even if the new archer girl seems leagues better in terms of a combat unit, his galeforce, banter and sprite made me love him quite a bit XD He's definitely getting a lot of favoritism on my part. Condor too.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, that's understandable. In my case, however, FE7 might as well be a hack with an original cast and story. I haven't played the thing in what, seven years? Eight years? It's the only FE I haven't replayed in such a long time. So I'll admit, it piques my curiosity.

Oh yeah, that can definitely enhance the experience! For my part, I went through the story not one year ago (albeit with randomized mugs, classes, growths, stats, weapons and the like. Enough that Hector first chapter was literally unwinnable due to terrible characters and weapons). Hope you'll have fun with it!

8 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

…But don’t all legal aged adults drink their sorrows away? Am I the only one here who drinks his life away!?!

I'm also in the non-drinker club 😃 I actually hate the taste of alcohol enough that even if you make it good, I'll just go "yeah... this kinda tastes okay... would be better without the alcohol though". I also relegate the job of erasing my sorrows to my terrible memory and easy-goingness.

2 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

I'm also in the non-drinker club 😃 I actually hate the taste of alcohol enough that even if you make it good, I'll just go "yeah... this kinda tastes okay... would be better without the alcohol though". I also relegate the job of erasing my sorrows to my terrible memory and easy-goingness.

26 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Saint Arnold of Soissons, patron of hop pickers, beer ...

He exists, mate.

I can say for certain that the most likely only times I've ever had alcohol was probably at Church... and even then I can't guarantee it was really alcoholic what they dipped the communion bread in. *shrugs*

8 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Hah, I didn't even recognize him when going through a LP of Corrupt Theocracy just today. Though it is fun to be able to recruit some of those. I remember having quite a few bosses that were completely random but that I liked quite a bit in SoV.

Bossmen in SoV benefit from having SoV's portraits. Seriously, some of those dudes' faces have way more personality than they deserve.

I also saw something about a Guy and Maxime ending in there... wonder if they did supports for Nino and Sonia. That'll be awkward. 

I don't think the bosses have supports, actually, though they seem to have convos with the tactician, quotes with other bosses and endings.

Currently playing Sun God's Wrath and I do enjoy it quite a bit! The story and dialogue are generally passable with a few things that take me out a lot, but the gameplay is interesting enough to make up for it, and the uniqueness of the units. I'm a bit miffed at the whole "Lex is a frickin billion miles away for the entire chapter as a captured unit and will most likely not see a pinch of combat" for the prison chapter though. Thanks to Mercy, it's not the worst predicament, but even if the new archer girl seems leagues better in terms of a combat unit, his galeforce, banter and sprite made me love him quite a bit XD He's definitely getting a lot of favoritism on my part. Condor too.

Sun God's Wrath is, as I mentioned in the Lonely Mirror LP thread, my favorite hack. Glad you're having fun with it!

Oh yeah, that can definitely enhance the experience! For my part, I went through the story not one year ago (albeit with randomized mugs, classes, growths, stats, weapons and the like. Enough that Hector first chapter was literally unwinnable due to terrible characters and weapons). Hope you'll have fun with it!

We'll see. Maybe I'll give this hack a shot. It really has been too long.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Bossmen in SoV benefit from having SoV's portraits. Seriously, some of those dudes' faces have way more personality than they deserve.

Haha, very true. That's definitely one thing they improved from Gaiden, no matter what anyone can say about it XD

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't think the bosses have supports, actually, though they seem to have convos with the tactician, quotes with other bosses and endings.

Ah, yeah, seems I misread it. It said endingS. Guess they found a typo in Guy's ending or they mixed it up? Oh well.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sun God's Wrath is, as I mentioned in the Lonely Mirror LP thread, my favorite hack. Glad you're having fun with it!

Haha, yeah. So far I think it's quite good. Though I have to say I still prefer Lonely Mirror on many aspects, though LM does strike most of my chords and it's a bit of an unfair comparison seeing as I'm not that far into SGW. I have yet to taste the fatigue mechanic though. I'll see how it goes for me. I tend to go into favoritism land, so it may be quite a pass for me. Though, with the amount of enemies you can capture, buying weapons don't seem like too much of an absolute need, so I might be okay with the fatigue drop items. And those are probably famous last words.

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

We'll see. Maybe I'll give this hack a shot. It really has been too long.

You at least have the nostalgia to go through it without your critical mind taking you too out of it, maybe. I know it's the second worst on your list, but with a spruced up roster, it could very well spark something new, haha. Either way, this is all coming from a FE7 baby Lloyd fanboy, so you know my opinion is extremely biased despite having not played it XD

1 minute ago, Lorneus said:

Haha, very true. That's definitely one thing they improved from Gaiden, no matter what anyone can say about it XD

RIP Seazas, though.

Oh my fucking God

I had a massive brain fart. I forgot that the spell to make blocks appear is on the special weapon type, looked for it on my entire team's shields, assumed I'd left it on an unused weapon... and then I hit the reset button.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh oh well, no matter, the map's just a short skirmish anyway. A moment's rest, and back to it I go.

6 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Oh, absolutely. SoV has the best art in the series. I really wish they'd gotten the guy back for Three Houses, as that game's artstyle... I mean, it's not bad, but comparatively and subjectively speaking, it is among the weakest in the series.

By "artstyle", I mean the portraits and character designs, of course. I've already discussed the graphics at length. They're bad.

Ah, yeah, seems I misread it. It said endingS. Guess they found a typo in Guy's ending or they mixed it up? Oh well.

The mod's description claims it "fixes some typos." Which is pretty ironic, because I happened to take a look at the Wallace/Lyn A support on FEBuilder and I found they added a typo. They "fixed" truly to truely.

Oof.

Haha, yeah. So far I think it's quite good. Though I have to say I still prefer Lonely Mirror on many aspects, though LM does strike most of my chords and it's a bit of an unfair comparison seeing as I'm not that far into SGW. I have yet to taste the fatigue mechanic though. I'll see how it goes for me. I tend to go into favoritism land, so it may be quite a pass for me. Though, with the amount of enemies you can capture, buying weapons don't seem like too much of an absolute need, so I might be okay with the fatigue drop items. And those are probably famous last words.

Well, Lonely Mirror is extremely good, and definitely better in some aspects - namely, character designs and story. It may be simpler in terms of mechanics, but the unit concepts and excellent usage of FE8's branching promotions makes up for it.

If I had to rank hacks, my top three would be SGW > Storge > LM, though they're pretty close to each other. Some other favorites of mine are The Last Promise and Sword of Heaven and Earth. I also enjoyed Four Kings, Vision Quest, Road to Ruin, Order of the Crimson Arm and Requiem. I think those are all the fully unique hacks I've played to completion. Decay of the Fangs (renamed Black Fang, but the old name is obviously more distinctive), Code of the Black Knights and Call of the Armor fascinate me, but I've not given them a real shot. Perhaps another day.

You at least have the nostalgia to go through it without your critical mind taking you too out of it, maybe. I know it's the second worst on your list, but with a spruced up roster, it could very well spark something new, haha. Either way, this is all coming from a FE7 baby Lloyd fanboy, so you know my opinion is extremely biased despite having not played it XD

I would claim to be immune to nostalgia, as I have been crapping on the game relentlessly for years. But then I remembered one of my favorite Wallace lines that I'd completely forgotten until now and I actually had a proper nostalgia moment lol.

Yeah, maybe Bernard's stache is what I need to up FE7 a rank or two. Perhaps, Bernard's stache. I'm not sure, actually. That's one of the groups that I'm most conflicted about. Early nomad, green shaman, green knight, pink paladin 1, big stache... Those are all pretty appealing. Though Zoldam has to compete with to this day still probably my favorite character from FE7 and Teodor, so that's too bad for him.

8 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

...Uh oh, its got a 5 level up on her, and it has a super effective STAB move...this could be bad

What is stab? I've seen it referenced, but don't know what it means.

I hope you were healing up Julizan here so this sacrifice wasn't for nothing (assuming you are playing with in battle items).

Yeah, I felt like Juli had the best shot.

...I think I was a tad underleveled for this gym, though.

Huh, so you aren't playing with a Duplicate/Species clause then.

Yeah, I figured it would make it a more candid experience.

If I end up with too many Ratatas or something, though, I will just catch a different pokemon.

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

This was just too adorable not to share, and felt slightly relevant given @Benice doing his Nuzlocke

My mans really did just beat that bird with the power of the 'Ronavirus.

Such disrespect for poor Spearow/Fearow trading it for a wor-...

Using a spearow is tarnishing IO's memory!

...Ouch, you can't even benefit from the poor thing's sacrifice.

I do have a tendency to kind of throw when things go poorly. Ch'Ding really didn't have to die here, but I figured the run'd be over if Jules died anyways.

Also you might want to use your dig TM (if you haven't already) before the electric gym, that way you at least have a super effective move available.

We shall just have to wait and see what I did!

...Because I honestly can't quite remember what I did.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"This wasn't what I intended--"

"Shut up and take it to her like you said you would."

On the bright side, you do end up getting what you wanted: Immeasurable pain

5 hours ago, Lorneus said:

Haha, amazing. Knowing you had two, having them Bertie and Botts would've been great too XD

Perhaps if I get a third and fourth?

Say wha?

...I forgot that you actually know french. My broken french isn't gonna be passable anymore, nooooo-

(I do appreciate the grammar help, though!)

"I think you should do yourself"?

Well, at least I got the message across, technically. I guess I'll have to remember that.

6 hours ago, Lorneus said:

If you want to designate them as the object, a third "vous" is also needed right before "faire", which starts to be a lot XD

Zoinks. I think I shall avoid designating people as objects if I ever tell 'em to go do themselves.

...I don't think I'd do that IRL, but at least I have the knowledge.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wow! I can finally be the really kind and gentle armor knight who has the great line: "If she's breathing, make her stop."

5 hours ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Dude, why aren't you playing with dupes clause?

If it gets real obnoxious with the amount of doubles, I'll prolly get rid of it. I don't mind getting a second Ron, though.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

What is stab? I've seen it referenced, but don't know what it means.

Same-Type Attack Boost

Basically if a Pokémon uses an attack that is the same type as itself (say, Squirtle using a Water move), it gets as 50% boost.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Same-Type Attack Boost

Basically if a Pokémon uses an attack that is the same type as itself (say, Squirtle using a Water move), it gets as 50% boost.

YOW.

That hurts.

Thank you, though!

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

On the bright side, you do end up getting what you wanted: Immeasurable pain

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Wow! I can finally be the really kind and gentle armor knight who has the great line: "If she's breathing, make her stop."

Bahahahahahahahahahah...

e4c3f13cc0c13ba1704a47fa3c243b1d717591b4

From the hack's thread on FEUniverse.

Also, no. He's in the same group as Bernard, meaning he has to compete with the superior stache man. Actually, from the poking around I did, I discovered he has a battle convo with him. They argue about whose stache is better. Great stuff all around.

If you're curious about the groups...

Spoiler

Lyn Group 1
- Batta
- Zugu
- Glass
- Migal
- Carjiga
- Bug

Lyn Group 2
- Bool
- Heintz
- Beyard
- Yogi
- Eagler

Early Group 1
-Groznyi/Wire
-Zagan
-Boies
-Puzon
-Erik

Early Group 2
-Sealen (if hector)
-Bauker
-Bernard
-Damian
-Zoldam

Midgame Group
-Aion
-Teodor
-Cameron
-Oleg
-Eubans

Lategame Group
-Pascal
-Maxime
-Sonia
-Georg/Kaim
-Denning
-Limstella

Special Group
-Uhai
-Kenneth
-Jerme
-Ursula
-Darin
-Lloyd
-Linus

You only get one of each of these, totalling 7 new units if you do Lyn mode. Bolded are the characters I'm considering picking up from each group. I know FE7 bossmen isn't exactly the most exciting topic, but if anybody has any arguments for a different guy, feel free to throw it out. Eagler's the only one that's set in stone.

They argue about whose stache is better. Great stuff all around.

So that's where his two losses came from: Trying to argue that Bernard's 'stache is inferior.

but if anybody has any arguments for a different guy, feel free to throw it out.

Glass. Because my fanfiction demands it.

Well, cracked the phone screen today.

The slope on that is inevitable.

@Benice I see it's Part 3.

Spoiler
5 hours ago, Benice said:

qspdTJc.png0KmdiE6.pngJK8guO9.pngcfeathd.png

We start the day with Armagon raising his power level to over 9,000!

I'd have argued waiting for Bite myself, but 6 levels more might have been too many.

45wOoiW.png2PUZdUx.png

I am good at this.

A screencaps.

YQ8zk20.png6ezZ8H6.pngpMTJy4d.pngXdwdMR3.png

That's pretty bad.

That's really bad...

First Teehee death of the run.

That's not very Teehee.

God, Zilla got blasted.

WAJwKmi.png

UlXtYgW.png

I hope they have Yaoi for you in Pokeheaven, IO. You did good until I goofed up.

Didn't even get o evolve, IO left

rHi5IIH.png

Julizan can't do anything, and Steve Jobs is really good, so maybe Guardian can do something?

5Wp032G.png

Welp.

EPdoMC8.png

It's so sad that Steve Jobs died of Ligma.

l0hDrks.pngQG0Wpkf.pngtr2Z9Sb.pngiRkIohv.pnghEuOvFh.png

We've won, but at what cost...

(I'd also tend to go for the bridge before facing Misty generally, but can't say you didn't go for it.)

JttthCM.pngOCOR9jB.pnglR8NDXa.png

Bellsprout is our new second-in-command. I name it Ron, because it vaguely looks like a bean, and Ronald Weasley loves beans. This wasn't a horrid spot to lose everyone, since there are two pokemon I can get nearly back-to-back. The next one is...

Weasley is our King?

As for the next one, Bruh indeed.

eeKgS6T.png

We then pick up Fodder from just past Vermillion city, as I intend to trade it for Farfetch'd.

n3zxvfx.png9mxBVEi.png

Excellent. We then head over to Diglett cave to get a Diglett. After nearly dying to the second gym, I'm actually feeling good. Julizan is fantastic, Ron hits like a truck, Bruh is some good fodder... With the addition of a Diglett, we're finally getting back to a decently sized team of fi-

F for Fodder, you might have been saved.

Ch'Ding isn't amazing frankly, but you're wanting to use Farfetch'd.

SGZez6y.png

F

UocHbaC.png

Oh no. He mentioned electricity, don't tell me-

WN1wVno.png

ABSOLUTELY PEACHY

Magnemite really got buffed from getting Steel in the remake, because it of course didn't exist in Gen 1.

rmOwLqy.png

Third Verse, same as the second? Please?

That's a bad look right there.

cdep30m.png2bDM2qO.pngVQHCvaB.png

RIP Bruh, your sacrifice shan't be forgotten.

Bruh.

jOOMiwn.png

Oh no.

EjXbWdM.pngbM4x9kS.png

Ron, you'd better-

aN0fsfH.pngmnL8j8j.png

Damnit.... Ron was surprisingly good for the two seconds he was around...

And Ron thus died to three balls.

wXJPJKw.png

Ch'ding dies because I forgot poison ticks when you get thrown in, so I can't even heal Juli in time.

Ah now.

qZJ8IxD.pngD6nRTpj.png

GGs.

oKebzMU.png

You lived!

Barely!

mJHsrDK.png

I should really take this move, but I like all my current ones.

So, to let you know Tail Whip only helps tackle here, as Dark is a special type in this gen.

A result of the quirk of attacks being exclusively Physical or Special on the basis of type that changes in Gen 4.

UiDJuop.png

You dastard.

ePtK9La.png

You dastard.

Reuben clearly knows that stall play's very good.

I hope I get some more pokemon soon, because we are in grave danger if I have just Juli for the next gym, which is Lightning, if I am not mistaken. Oooh, if only I had a Diglett...

You could take an extended hiatus on the gym and come back when you have other pokemon.

As this gym won't be necessary to clear until you need all of them.

...Yeah I'd probably talk on other topics but I am not too pleased with today and the only reason I'm responding to the LP is because I had it before I left.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

So that's where his two losses came from: Trying to argue that Bernard's 'stache is inferior.

Bernard hit him with the stache and he instantly crumbled down.

Hey maybe that's why the house says he's a good guy but then onscreen he's a shithead. He was once a hero, but over time he became consumed by jealousy for his boss's stache, and then he was visited by a suspiciously ghostly merchant bearing a dark orb...

Glass. Because my fanfiction demands it.

That's not a bad idea. According to the growths document, he can actually use the Mani Kati and the Sol Kati, which is absolutely amazing.

That being said... I would like a brigand. The only brigand outside of Lyn's first group is Groznyi, who only exists in Eliwood route. Hmmm...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, absolutely. SoV has the best art in the series. I really wish they'd gotten the guy back for Three Houses, as that game's artstyle... I mean, it's not bad, but comparatively and subjectively speaking, it is among the weakest in the series.

By "artstyle", I mean the portraits and character designs, of course. I've already discussed the graphics at length. They're bad.

Yeah, while I like some character designs (mostly after time-skip cause I don't really care for the school uniform) I do feel a certain lack in the style. A bit like it doesn't know if it wants to be vibrant or tame? And well, let's not talk about the confession CGs...

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, Lonely Mirror is extremely good, and definitely better in some aspects - namely, character designs and story. It may be simpler in terms of mechanics, but the unit concepts and excellent usage of FE8's branching promotions makes up for it.

If I had to rank hacks, my top three would be SGW > Storge > LM, though they're pretty close to each other. Some other favorites of mine are The Last Promise and Sword of Heaven and Earth. I also enjoyed Four Kings, Vision Quest, Road to Ruin, Order of the Crimson Arm and Requiem. I think those are all the fully unique hacks I've played to completion. Decay of the Fangs (renamed Black Fang, but the old name is obviously more distinctive), Code of the Black Knights and Call of the Armor fascinate me, but I've not given them a real shot. Perhaps another day.

Ooh, Storge does seem pretty cool! The character designs seem very neat! and it has at least enough uniqueness from the very little I saw of it to pique my interest. I'll definitely give it a go sometimes, especially since it doesn't seem like a very long hack. I might also look into the others you've mentioned. I have downloaded Road to Ruin and Last Promise prior, but have never heard of the others, apart from Sword of Heaven and Earth. Are they all on SF?

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I would claim to be immune to nostalgia, as I have been crapping on the game relentlessly for years. But then I remembered one of my favorite Wallace lines that I'd completely forgotten until now and I actually had a proper nostalgia moment lol.

Yeah, maybe Bernard's stache is what I need to up FE7 a rank or two. Perhaps, Bernard's stache. I'm not sure, actually. That's one of the groups that I'm most conflicted about. Early nomad, green shaman, green knight, pink paladin 1, big stache... Those are all pretty appealing. Though Zoldam has to compete with to this day still probably my favorite character from FE7 and Teodor, so that's too bad for him.

Haha, I don't think being critical of a game and indulging in its nostalgia are mutually exclusive. 

I just realized one of the bosses I thought about recruiting is not part of any group. So far my lineup would be Batta > Yogi > Boies > Eubans > Cameron > Sonia > Lloyd. Sadly, Lloyd is not available for that long a time, I now realize. It'll still be worth it XD 

18 minutes ago, Benice said:

...I forgot that you actually know french. My broken french isn't gonna be passable anymore, nooooo-

(I do appreciate the grammar help, though!)

Well, at least I got the message across, technically. I guess I'll have to remember that.

Zoinks. I think I shall avoid designating people as objects if I ever tell 'em to go do themselves.

...I don't think I'd do that IRL, but at least I have the knowledge.

Hahaha, don't worry. I'll try to be easy on you. I do have a record of being the proofreader for all my friends all the way from highschool to end of college, so that inner grammar nazi might come out at times XD

Haha, well the meaning would be kinda lost semantically speaking, but they most likely would understand it still if you give no semantic object to your sentence XP