Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I read it really fast so it ended up being "which do you want, medal for best cock" and honestly i didn't even question it.

🤣

The beauty of an openly horny couple. (Although, can it be considered "openly" if they're the only two humans on the planet? There is no one to "closet" from. Where's the nudist mod?)

This is a world of difference from "boy meets girl, boy takes 40 IRL hours to confess his feelings for girl", I love it. We need more well-established couples in gaming, and to not treat them as sexless, aged beings.

45 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Die pig!!!!

Luca Blight Die Pig GIF - Luca Blight Die Pig Suikoden II - Discover &  Share GIFs

You strike upon our one point of agreement.🙂

Luca Blight is great, I like him, maybe the Beast Rune possibly gets in the way of his pinnacle of unassisted mortal strength, but he is brilliant. Upon to the moment of his death, he is magnificence worthy of the finest story.

The moment after his death, Suikoden II is over. The ashes of the buildings he razed are worth more than every remaining character in the plot. Sure, it's an improvement over Suikoden I, and the same is true in gameplay, better than Suiko 1 is not the same as actually being good, much less great. The combat is primitive, the SRPG battles a sham, the story falls into a number of holes similar to the first game's.

His Majesty Luca Blight is a glorious villain stuck in a game that does not deserve him. -So I summarize my personal opinion. Keep in mind, Suikoden II is a game where I fell for the hype, and got burnt, which happens to all of us at some point with one game or another. I'm trying to get over this b/c it's what a human should do, but you almost invited me into snubbing you with Kefka.

As for character recruitment... I'm not fond of it. The absolute best ending requires all 108 Stars of Destiny, and by a deadline that the player might not be able to figure out in advance. This means either being super paranoid and meticulously rechecking every town after every plot beat to see if you missed someone or can recruit someone now, or are using a guide, which isn't fun and sorta spoils the game. It might be partially why I never advanced very far into Suikoden III, I might not have wanted to go through the ordeal of collecting the Stars again. If I want a JRPG with an unusually large cast, I've discovered SRWOGSEFE is my jam and ideal approach for that.

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

FNryuqsVkAIY-1T?format=jpg&name=4096x409

This dude looking like Grand Admiral Thrawn.

A base level of 16? On the bigger side of game-to-game level inconsistencies I've seen, though not the biggest. Kurama Tengu in SMTV is level 39, do they even have the mythos-wise inferior Koppa Tengu and Karasu Tengu?

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Oooh wait. The video is in higher quality on the Switch, but the "send to smart device" craps all over the quality for... no more reason than "Nintendo", I guess.

Ah well. At least that got me to stop being lazy and connect to my PC directly.

Anyway. About what I wanted to say before. I love it when strategy games let you mess with enemy positioning and incorporate the layout of the map into the gameplay. Best game in that regard I can think of right now is Into The Breach, but that's an unfair comparison, that game was ALL about messing with positioning. Triangle Strategy does allow for some fun in that regard, though.

(Very moderate spoilers here, obviously)

Hossabara pushed both of the uppity dunderheads off the bridge a second time after this. Then their AI went into panic mode and they just stopped going up the ladder. I wish I had thought to record that as well. It was hilarious.

Screw Freddie, Geela and the rest of the main girls. Hossabara best waifu.

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Remember that one super grumpy general you met in FC near the same time as Olivier who was all “Wah wah wah, Bracers bad!”?

Don't tell anybody, but I actually remembered him, I just wanted to be edgy and spite Trails in the middle of the flamewar.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

33 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's four games in one package. Not worth 5 USD either?

Usually rereleases of a game lower the prices of old authentic copies of it but it doesn't seem so in this case.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wow.

That's actually amazing. Congrats, man! You played the system!

Don't know if I played the system as much as I accidently stumbled into it but I feel good regardless.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Pretend to be dead.

Somewhere there's a really confused Castlevania fan holding the copy of FE Sacred Stones that just came in the mail.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, it's a laugh. So is this, and this. I can't say I see the similarities.

I'm not sure why I thought that. I suppose if you up the pitch of Bowser's laugh it might sound similar?

2 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Don't know if I played the system as much as I accidently stumbled into it but I feel good regardless.

Accidental play is a play still. Just ask Kaga.

Somewhere there's a really confused Castlevania fan holding the copy of FE Sacred Stones that just came in the mail.

Oof...

I'm not sure why I thought that.

If it makes you feel better, when I said "this and this" I intended to link dumb sounding laugh examples, but then I forgot. Sooo uhhh. Who made the bigger goof in the end?

I suppose if you up the pitch of Bowser's laugh it might sound similar?

It could pass as a HD Kefka laugh.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

why the fuck can a horse climb ladders lmao

It can't. Don't you see that Roland dismountes when he started climbing? The horse can't cling ladders. It can, however, teleport.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It can't. Don't you see that Roland dismountes when he started climbing? The horse can't cling ladders. It can, however, teleport.

Tellius Ponies in shambles

Today is Gigan's 50th birthday. Hooray for the psychopathic cyborg space chicken! He was always one of my favorite Godzilla monsters growing up.

Gigan72.jpg

I'm in the mood to play Pikmin 2 now, since I've never finished it despite owning it for 18 years. Which is probably because I've ever had only one memory card. Maybe I'll look for it today or tomorrow...

39 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So funny story

Well I did say "three games or so".

Either this means Osborne is important to Crossbell, or he isn't important to the first half of CS. The plot thickens...

38 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

vPnPV2w.jpg

So did you just have this image lying around, or...

34 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

n0t4uk3ubbn41.jpg?auto=webp&s=aaaed3d8d5

Oh hey, there's the meme. Too bad the official release will probably change it.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't tell anybody, but I actually remembered him, I just wanted to be edgy and spite Trails in the middle of the flamewar.

First war crimes and now this? Truly your villainy knows no bounds. Where is the teehee alignment chart when you need it?

I played Tales of Arise and then Tales of Xillia 2 and holy shit, Arise combat does not... Combo the right way. This coming from someone who says combos dont work well in Xillia 2. 

33 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Either this means Osborne is important to Crossbell, or he isn't important to the first half of CS. The plot thickens...

Popcorn.

This is like, the funniest possible way you could have phrased this…

2 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

If I had a nickel for every time I ordered a Fire Emblem game and it arrived as a completely different game I would have two nickels

Which isn't a lot but it's weird that it happened twice.

Anyone down for Castlevania: Aria of Sarrow?

Semi-related, there's some chap in Texas who always seems to get the stuff we order from amazon. So far he's gotten a free coffee machine, set of chairs and a table from us.

2 hours ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Mech battle are literally rock paper scissors. I like them too.

You are going to enjoy the JCC in Yakuza 0!

DAMNIT @Armagon, I HAD YOUR P5 CHARACTER ON MY MIND WHILE I WAS AT WORK TODAY AND ACCIDENTALLY SIGND EVERYONE'S RECIEPTS AS "SUS" INSTEAD OF MY NAME

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

DAMNIT ARMAGON, I HAD YOUR P5 CHARACTER ON MY MIND WHILE I WAS AT WORK TODAY AND ACCIDENTALLY SIGND EVERYONE'S RECIEPTS AS "SUS" INSTEAD OF MY NAME

LOL

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A base level of 16? On the bigger side of game-to-game level inconsistencies I've seen, though not the biggest. Kurama Tengu in SMTV is level 39, do they even have the mythos-wise inferior Koppa Tengu and Karasu Tengu?

It was a mandatory boss so maybe that's why.

25 minutes ago, Benice said:

DAMNIT @Armagon, I HAD YOUR P5 CHARACTER ON MY MIND WHILE I WAS AT WORK TODAY AND ACCIDENTALLY SIGND EVERYONE'S RECIEPTS AS "SUS" INSTEAD OF MY NAME

BRUH LMAOOOOOOOOO

I hope that doesn't land you in trouble. 

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I hope that doesn't land you in trouble. 

Nah, shouldn't make too much of a difference, it's just rather funny.

21 minutes ago, Benice said:

upload.png

FFFFFFFF

----------

Cleared out another major story dungeon in Elden Ring.

The dungeon was painful, the boss a pushover (though the spectacle was nice, tbf).

Can't win 'em all.

Ironically enough, I've preferred the optional side castles to the main ones.

Respec'd to a INT focused samurai as opposed to DEX to take advantage of the sheer power of the Moonveil katana.

Also got some slick new duds that boost magical attack, so mystic samurai it is.

Kinda trying to figure out where I should go next since it's a bit confusing what should be done going solely off the map trails.

10 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Cleared out another major story dungeon in Elden Ring.

Raya Lucaria? If so, you're way ahead of us.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

Raya Lucaria? If so, you're way ahead of us.

Yep.

It's...uh, a dungeon. >_>

Tbh, I handled it by just running through it as quick as possible. My vigor was high enough to tank decently well.

FNr1hMAXoAUCXdw?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Anyways i have conquered Maradame's Palace. That was dope. Now time to slog through life again until the game gets good again.

Edited by Armagon