• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

6703FEB0-EE99-4C1D-8C8A-D76B821917A2.jpeg.5291a94d27a4c1e6bbfba266e763b4b4.jpeg

14 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

If you don't have a fictional crush then go for the next best thing. Like a character you'd want to be friends with...or something.

Or just a character you really like.

What I’m gathering from this is that you want my favorite female character (or whatever someone’s preferences are) who I think would also be a likable person sorry Edelgard.

No one should be that surprised at the answer.

6 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Have you forgotten about Rixia so soon? For shame Sooks.

FKeGi78aUAIMu5t.jpg

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Rixia, I’m sorry, but… there is another.

56 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

same thing

Of course.

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You know, I’m wondering if my long break is having an effect on 13 Sentinels’ story now, since you’re supposed to piece everything together. Like I still remember the plot but a couple of the details are a little shaky.

I’m still seeing the stories come together though, so I’m not missing everything. But with the overall connected lore I feel like I might be.

Go through the event log and mystery files if you need refreshers.

10 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Have you forgotten about Rixia so soon? For shame Sooks.

FKeGi78aUAIMu5t.jpg

Man, Rixia really does have nice

Spoiler

outfits

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What I’m gathering from this is that you want my favorite female character (or whatever someone’s preferences are) who I think would also be a likable person sorry Edelgard.

Peri?

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Go through the event log and mystery files if you need refreshers.

Yep, I’ve been doing so.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Peri?

Oh no, he’s on to me.

55 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To be fair, that's a pretty good description of a succubus. It's just unfortunate that there happens to be an enemy called nightmare.

Not to mention it's also an enemy on fire. So you would probably think that's where you get the triple fireball get from. Or any of the other fire themed enemies, for that matter.
Not like there is any enemy that actually uses the triple fireball as an attack. The closest thing to an enemy with that kind of attack is probably the fish head of all things. So you really can't narrow it down very well.

One of the demon palette swaps was definitely not one of my first guesses. Heck, I got several of their souls already and they were identical in functionality but also an entirely different type of soul.

Anyway, you're gonna try out Julius Mode too?

Edited by BrightBow

Here's the survey again just incase anyone missed it. I'm trying to get as many people to answer it as possible. We need this information for...well I don't know what we need it for but I imagine it will be very fun to discuss.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Fictional crushes are preferable but if it's a character you simply like and don't have any other answer then it works fine in my eyes.

2 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Alright everyone altogether now, and a one, a two:

You know I've yet to ever see this movie, and every time you post this video I'm reminded that I should watch it so thank you for that.

2 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Hold up, do we start at the count of three or-- Aaaand I missed the que. Now the musical is ruined.

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Not to mention it's also an enemy on fire. So you would probably think that's where you get the triple fireball get from. Or any of the other fire themed enemies, for that matter.
Not like there is any enemy that actually uses the triple fireball as an attack. The closest thing to an enemy with that kind of attack is probably the fish head of all things. So you really can't narrow it down very well.

One of the demon palette swaps was definitely not one of my first guesses. Heck, I got several of their souls already and they were identical in functionality but also an entirely different type of soul.

Not to mention there's only two flame demons in the entire game that I could find, tucked away in the elusive Forbidden Area, which itself requires another arbitrary soul check to enter.

All in all, not great.

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Anyway, you're gonna try out Julius Mode too?

I didn't remember it existed. Now that I do... Eeehhh might give it a shot. I'm not sure. The only one of these alternate modes I've ever really cared about is Albus, and that's because he's so different from both his game's regular mode and any other in the series. Kinda wanna move on to PoR, but this game is pretty short, maybe I'll try out Julius a little.

Unseasonably warm today where I am, downright hot even. I mostly welcome it however, as the temperature has been in the limbo where shorts are too chilly but sweats are too hot for too long for me. I do wish carpenter bees weren't gathering around my backyard fence though, with the occasional wasp. I don't have the guts to grab a tennis racket and kill them.

Decided to take a brief break from video games and instead read the entirety of my current Smithsonian Magazine issue in one sitting from the comforts of a shaded lounge chair. Offshore wind farms, salamanders, 1800s Chinese immigrants who constructed the transcontinental railroad, depopulated rural villages in Italy, quite the variety to suit my mind desiring intellect stimulation. Although most unexpected was the autopsy of a famed Viking warrior buried in England called Warrior 511, of 35~45 years of age, described as having "met the kind of death in battle that Vikings are always saying they want". The cause of a death was "a battle-ax sliced through his left side, most likely lopping off his left testicle and penis before leaving a deep gash in his femur". Buried with a silver Mjolnir pendant, a sword, two daggers, clothing fasteners, and a boar's tusk near his pelvis which may have been a symbolic replacement for his lost manhood.

One archaeologist argues that Warrior 511 is a Viking chief/king known as Amlaib, or his son Eysteinn (the article doesn't clarify which, the two were buried alongside each other), who both died in 874, as members of the "Viking Great Army" of perhaps 5000. -Although most of the article highlighted that the Vikings did things other than pillage and make war, namely settle down, intermingle with the native population (and import captive European artisans from the continent), and engage in trade. Interesting. -And the story briefly mentions nationalistic Englanders who reject the Vikings as a positive part of their English history, and insist Vikings = all bad and the Anglo-Saxons = the only good, which a few archaeologists and historians find most disagreeable (I offer my sympathies in the destruction of this narrow-minded English national myth). The contemporary accounts that describe King Alfred "the Great" (a posthumous title given to him over a half-millennia later in the 1500s) of Wessex, were all written in Wessex, and thus are inherently biased even if Alfred was an objectively good king without the propaganda.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Weakest start of any Igavania I've played, but it got better as it went. The final area was really cool. Game was overall on the easier side, but then, I was playing quite casually. Didn't do no-damage or even no-potions on the bosses, I just wanted to have easy fun. It was also a smaller game than the other Igavanias I've played, too, but being on the GBA, it's understandable. Plot was not bad, because you can't really call something that doesn't exist bad. Each character got a grand total of two scenes and what little that happens is very predictable. Heck, they could've removed Yoko and it wouldn't even matter, she was completely useless. I get why she's here, but still. But that's okay, nobody plays these games for the plot. Graphics were fine for GBA. Same for the soundtrack.

Overall, it's a solid entry. I don't think I agree with all the people that lose their pants over it. The game definitely suffers from being on the GBA. It feels like it could've been a grander game but they had to be conservative to fit it in the GBA. Still, a very fun time, once you get past the first stretch.

Glad that it ultimately worked out for you. I wouldn't give it a 10/10 or a 9/10 myself, maybe a 8/10, since it's very solid, to the point of being something more than an "average" 7/10. Since Igavanias are like 10-20 hours, a less than perfect score isn't the worst of things, as it won't likely overstay its welcome.

7 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

It's so strange how Frollo is normally a professionally puppy kicker who right at the start of the movie was trying to murder an infant and then the movie suddenly pretends for 2 minutes that he is actually this poor tortured soul crushed by feelings of guilt and inadequacy.
If they like this take on Frollo so much, maybe this should have been the version of him that was actually IN the movie.

12 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

💕 tehee 

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Unseasonably warm today where I am, downright hot even. I mostly welcome it however, as the temperature has been in the limbo where shorts are too chilly but sweats are too hot for too long for me. I do wish carpenter bees weren't gathering around my backyard fence though, with the occasional wasp. I don't have the guts to grab a tennis racket and kill them.

Decided to take a brief break from video games and instead read the entirety of my current Smithsonian Magazine issue in one sitting from the comforts of a shaded lounge chair.

Sounds like a great time.

Glad that it ultimately worked out for you. I wouldn't give it a 10/10 or a 9/10 myself, maybe a 8/10, since it's very solid, to the point of being something more than an "average" 7/10.

Ehhh I think I would give it the 7, myself. That still means it's good. Just a more... middling good than an outstanding good. But it's still a solid Igavania, can't go wrong with those.

Since Igavanias are like 10-20 hours, a less than perfect score isn't the worst of things, as it won't likely overstay its welcome.

This one was even shorter. My ingame timer read 5 hours. The ingame timer in these games is hilariously inaccurate every time, but for the other games it usually reads double that, at least.

Just now, BrightBow said:

It's so strange how Frollo is normally a professionally puppy kicker who right at the start of the movie was trying to murder an infant and then the movie suddenly pretends for 2 minutes that he is actually this poor tortured soul crushed by feelings of guilt and inadequacy.

Pretty sure the whole point of the song is precisely that Frollo is too rotten to let himself be swayed by what little sense of self-righteous guilt he does manage to feel.

Just now, BrightBow said:

If they like this take on Frollo so much, maybe this should have been the version of him that was actually IN the movie.

I mean, that's the version of Frollo that's in the book.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I didn't remember it existed. Now that I do... Eeehhh might give it a shot. I'm not sure. The only one of these alternate modes I've ever really cared about is Albus, and that's because he's so different from both his game's regular mode and any other in the series. Kinda wanna move on to PoR, but this game is pretty short, maybe I'll try out Julius a little.

If nothing else, it's kind of nice to be able to fully freestyle the castle. Something that not even Albus could do because for all his mobility options, he still had to go through mostly linear stages in a set order.
Btw, since it's not immediately evident, It's worth noting that Julius gets stronger with each boss he kills.

And another thing, about the game using regular enemies as bosses.
In Boss Rush mode, you encounter the Maneater. You know, that thing:
Maneater.gif

So it's likely that this was meant to be yet another "normal enemy as boss" case.

Edited by BrightBow

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

If nothing else, it's kind of nice to be able to fully freestyle the castle. Something that not even Albus could do because for all his mobility options, he still had to go through mostly linear stages in a set order.
Btw, since it's not immediately evident, It's worth noting that Julius gets stronger with each boss he kills.

Wait, so theoretically, you could just speedrun to Graham and end the game in 10 minutes?

I gotta try that, at least.

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

And another thing, about the game using regular enemies as bosses.
In Boss Rush mode, you encounter the Maneater. You know, that thing:
Maneater.gif

So it's likely that this was meant to be yet another "normal enemy as boss" case.

I did a quick boss rush. Or well, half a boss rush, actually, just to see how it was in this game. I got as far as this thing and I thought I was going crazy. I couldn't remember fighting this thing as a boss. Glad you brought it up, I'm happy to have an explanation.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wait, so theoretically, you could just speedrun to Graham and end the game in 10 minutes?

Not sure you can deal enough damage without killing the other bosses to pull off that feat. But yeah, nothing is stopping you from going straight to Graham.

The weird thing about this mode is that it doesn't have a level system. You only get stronger from killing bosses and getting the orbs. But even then, you only get boosts to attack and defense. HP, the only stat you can actually see, it unaffected.
So as I said, it's not immediately evident that this is how it works.

Edited by BrightBow

wow.PNG.c73cde29b01e4336bf0be9d4961218fc.PNG

Very sly, Ruben.

36 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

scientific purposes, of course

so we can understand each others' preferences

Yes yes, of course.

I plan on making a chart after I get enough answers.

Okay, so I just quickly dipped my toes into Portrait of Ruin. I knew that holding up makes the heroes do a funny animation, but I discovered that holding up for a few seconds makes them do a second funny animation. In Jonathan's case, he kinda pretends to hold (not play) an air guitar. Funky.

Charlotte goes "not bad huh" and makes a seductive pose facing the camera, complete with jiggle physics on her spheres.

I swear, what is it about videogames and the acronym PoR...

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

wow.PNG.c73cde29b01e4336bf0be9d4961218fc.PNG

Very sly, Ruben.

Did they never teach you to reach, Quetzal? It says "totally not Ruben again" there. I can vouch for Totally Not Ruben Again, I am not he. Or she.

Also I thought you said you wouldn't share any answers until you had a lot of them.

5 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Not sure you can deal enough damage without killing the other bosses to pull off that feat. But yeah, nothing is stopping you from going straight to Graham.

I mean, Graham was a really easy boss. The only problem would be that it would take years if the damage is too low, but I don't think it'd be too difficult, per se.

5 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

The weird thing about this mode is that it doesn't have a level system. You only get stronger from killing bosses and getting the orbs. But even then, you only get boosts to attack and defense. HP, the only stat you can actually see, it unaffected.
So as I said, it's not immediately evident that this is how it works.

Hah! Now that's janky.

Edited by Saint Rubenio