Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

R E U B E N

I am now 0.22% more certain that I should never play this game

Well, I can see you not appreciating the style, so yeah, probably not.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Charlotte: Exists.

Every single NPC: https://images2.imgbox.com/1d/1a/cOsAAXo7_o.png

Charlotte: I   A M   N O T   A   C H I L D

Anyway I beat another boss, the disembowelled lion thingy that chased us at the very beginning. So far this game's pretty great. Already making a far, far greater first impression than Aria did. No more time to play now, but we'll see how it progresses.

11 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

I can't tell if you want the copypasta about the sign in one episode of the Simpsons, or if this is more sarcasm.

Oh, a Simpsons reference. Yeah, I had no idea, sorry. Simpsons was never a big part of my life. As a kid I was terrified of blood, due to a bad experience I've already recounted here. I was unlucky enough that both times I tried watching The Simpsons as a kid were Treehouse of Horror episodes, so I swore off the show entirely for most of my life.

11 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

So, you know how one of the last things I did in March was complain that the laptop was done with my shit?

Ayy, good to have you back!

Yeah, it got worse. As in, I couldn't use it effectively at all. There's been a lot going on besides that though so naturally SF wasn't happening if trying to type on mobile was a non-starter. But yeah, may as well get on that.

As I implied with that line about transition, I moved out! Sadly no vocation but I spent the last two weeks trying to practice for a driving test I ended up failing and working on a back yard. And hopefully I can get back into full swing on attempts for getting employment again after that.

Sounds like you've had a busy couple of months. Hope things settle down soon for ya.

Aside from that, FINALLY finished Dread (Despite dying at points I shouldn't have).

Here is how others saw it:

https://metroid.nintendo.com/assets/images/share-fb.jpg

Here was me playing it:

MDead.png.75bb176206f0cccf85eb5a116885cbdf.png

I think that should surmise my thoughts.

Oof.

So, from what I can tell a lot was missed by me being gone.

Not to worry. You returned just in time to fill @GuardianSing's very important survey.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

24 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

MDead.png.75bb176206f0cccf85eb5a116885cbdf.png

I think that should surmise my thoughts.

But isn't that the overall goal of Samus when you think about it?

26 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Thankfully, no.

Neither does my experience with my niece. But her mother's is a different story.  Also welcome back.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, a Simpsons reference. Yeah, I had no idea, sorry. Simpsons was never a big part of my life. As a kid I was terrified of blood, due to a bad experience I've already recounted here. I was unlucky enough that both times I tried watching The Simpsons as a kid were Treehouse of Horror episodes, so I swore off the show entirely for most of my life.

Huh. That's weird. After the whole Lionel Hutz references relating to a certain minor villain in Three Houses I could've sworn you'd have known more. Go figure.

56 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

https://images2.imgbox.com/71/ee/EL0NKAjE_o.png

I got paella. I am satisfied as a man from Spain. Cornucopia is a great word.

Considering a certain detail, I wonder...

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, this is already a bad start. This is going to be even more anime than Dawn, isn't it...

I think you'll be interested in this mod.

Portrait of Elegance

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/ds/images/4839screenshot1.pnghttps://www.romhacking.net/hacks/ds/images/4839screenshot2.pnghttps://www.romhacking.net/hacks/ds/images/4839screenshot4.png

Changes every portrait to HoD's portraits.

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/ds/images/4839screenshot3.png

Every.

Also,

@Punished Dayni you're back!!!!!!!!!!!

Anime Hug GIF - Anime Hug Jump - Discover & Share GIFs

Edited by Newtype06

You know, back when I was first playing 13 Sentinels I rarely scrolled through the “all events” section (which shows every u locked event from every character’s story, all in chronological order) to get to stuff because of just how long it is. But because of that, I never realize just how well the stories fit together. I noticed the major things, but all the little details flow really nicely too.

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

So, you know how one of the last things I did in March was complain that the laptop was done with my shit?

Good to have you back! I hope everything’s calmed down and sorted out now.

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

I think you'll be interested in this mod.

Portrait of Elegance

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/ds/images/4839screenshot1.pnghttps://www.romhacking.net/hacks/ds/images/4839screenshot2.pnghttps://www.romhacking.net/hacks/ds/images/4839screenshot4.png

Changes every portrait to HoD's portraits.

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/ds/images/4839screenshot3.png

Every.

Now I'm just wondering if they have a static expression the entire game or if there's an HD version of Charlotte making an anime face.

Ah, I'll find out later. Regardless, thanks a lot. Quite ironic that you, of all people, are helping me fix this game's animeism, but I'm not about to complain!

Actually, there's a problem. That mod is for the US version. I have the EU version in my Nintendo PC. I'll see if it'll work still, but I'd rather not lose my progress, even if it isn't much. Imagine losing my paellas!

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So replacing an anime style with another anime style.

A better one.

Oh shit, I forgot to talk about Three Copes.

Not gonna lie, the fact they went and made it three routes again and we ended up with a possible Byleth 2: Purple Boogaloo may indicate this game ends up a mess. But hey, Holst finally has a face!

This being Warriors, I will not be purchasing near full price. This being Warriors post AoC, I doubt I'll be so lucky to find it below €50.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Jo, Dayni, welcome back!

Yo, Shrimpy, good to be back!

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Charlotte: Exists.

Every single NPC: https://images2.imgbox.com/1d/1a/cOsAAXo7_o.png

Charlotte: I   A M   N O T   A   C H I L D

Boss: Dies

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sounds like you've had a busy couple of months. Hope things settle down soon for ya.

Nah, settling at this stage may be a bad thing. I'm supposed to be doing stuff and things out here. It'll be nice to be able to organise myself in the coming weeks....

But I have to go home this weekend besides.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not to worry. You returned just in time to fill @GuardianSing's very important survey.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

welcome back, Dayni 👋

ralph-wave.gif

Just now, The Roger The Paladin said:

But isn't that the overall goal of Samus when you think about it?

Not by Fusion honestly.

2's all about that though.

Just now, The Roger The Paladin said:

Neither does my experience with my niece. But her mother's is a different story.  Also welcome back.

Sadly I can't say much nice on that in case I bring up certain people who I'd rather not.

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

@Punished Dayni you're back!!!!!!!!!!!

Anime Hug GIF - Anime Hug Jump - Discover & Share GIFs

Well that's me floored again.

Hello by the way.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Good to have you back! I hope everything’s calmed down and sorted out now.

Well, things should settle a little in the coming weeks.

46 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

"You gotta live with it"

Why's this line a big issue?

42 minutes ago, Benice said:

Welcome back @Punished Dayni!

Hello as well Benice!

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Imagine losing my paellas!

NOT THE PAELLA!

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

A better one.

Yeah, I thought you'd be saying that. I prefer it too.

*Clap clap* It was a good show folks but all good things must come to an end.

So come gather 'round the fire my friends and let us discuss the truly important things in life, that being waifus of course.

Now there is to be no judgment within this post, I respect and honor all of these submissions, you can argue about it after we're done.

Let us start with @Saint Rubenio himself

Wowewd.PNG.4c67740ee98c96560f42f8ef0d4d8fb8.PNG

Again, very classy mate.

Ruben's waifu of choice was Malice from New Mystery of the Emblem which I'll admit took me a while to find because he wrote it as "Maris" which is the unofficial fan translation of the character.

So thank you mate for citing where she was from because I don't think I would've found out who you were talking about otherwise.

reasonwq.PNG.dca52827dc432e38b7f23cda58b7201b.PNG

I've yet to play New Mystery so I don't know much about this character aside from what it is described here but good choice!

Malice | Fire Emblem Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

Next is the lovely @twilitfalchion

A character named Dolce was their pick and it was around here that I wished I put a question that asked where the character was from because I have no idea who this character is, you're gonna have to help me out on this one.

...Which means this project will be slightly extended! Yes! Looking on the bright side.

topfeh.PNG.bfd748390c360e7bc1b729c62ba0403a.PNG

I do like top hats...

Next up is the submission from the one and only @Newtype06 Who submitted a character named Kohaku who I hoped had a unique enough name to help narrow down who they were talking about, sadly to no success.

Perhaps what they entered as their reason will help me.

needle.PNG.9f0c5a1abac2dcb3701dee854a4f2301.PNG

Ah yes, perfect.

@WraithReborn is next and since he hasn't been silent about his choice before this survey, we all know who it is.

Soulcatcher | Black Company Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia ...

cdcsdc.PNG.f282b62b22e64f40013204d2fc6fcfb3.PNG

Preach, brother.

@Elina Brings out our first husbando with Rhys from PoR and RD! I was worried we wouldn't get a single male on this list but here we are.

I've heard that Rhys is a pretty interesting character though since I've yet to play the games I don't know much about him beyond that.

Rhys | Fire Emblem Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

ehys.PNG.16fa9a6f7acc437513f9469a5c713be3.PNG

Seeing as I heard of him from other people I'd say yes, many other people like him.

Coming in next is @Interdimensional Observer who cited a character named Tiz arrior, and Hotoke be praised, also put in where he came from.

Tiz Arrior - The Final Fantasy Wiki - 10 years of having ...

masmdas.PNG.fb4454c249a3e749ee05ef9e0ddd75e1.PNG

I really like in depth descriptions like this. I like the joke reasons as much as the next guy but the goal of this project is to get to know each other better through our fictional crushes, or even just characters we like, so stuff like this is greatly appreciated.

...Or maybe it's another joke response and I'm missing something.

Ooohhh boy, next up is some weirdo named @GuardianSing

Yes, even I participated in my test. I'm not typically one for waifus but I thought long and hard about it and gave a character who was closest to being my fictional crush.

I could've said someone like Emmeryn, who fun fact is probably my favorite female character in all of gaming, but I wanted to stay true to the quiz's idea of fictional crushes, so I went with someone else.

And it ended up not even really being a character but rather an NPC sprite, the Hex Maniac from Pokemon X and Y.

Yes, even a spiritual, man of peace such as myself is not immune to big titty goth gfs.

mysert.PNG.7a7a7f987788426dd7d70905e5ff0c31.PNG

In all seriousness, I really like oddball characters. Characters that are weird for the sake of being weird are just grand. Call me basic but I stand by this choice

Hex Maniac | World of Gaming Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

Also I like the color purple.

@Sooks is here to join us as well with Estelle from Trails in the Sky. 

cdcs.PNG.f512f05f9be2040be45fbad9e64a3cc3.PNG

Descriptions like this are what make me want to play the game that is being talked about, I love it. I don't know anything about this character yet can understand perfectly why she is liked.

Estelle Bright | Kiseki Wikia | FANDOM powered by Wikia

Now, I like a good mystery, which is why it was such a joy to find someone who entered this.

og.PNG.6bcc9f8dce01d993997098f075588639.PNG

Who is this person? I'm not very well versed in the Teehee lore so I frankly have no idea! Is it @Julizan? @Shrimpolaris? I have no idea!

But anyhow, they gave the incredibly specific answer of.

white.PNG.2df74f276d4f5a22a794f9a208f13b2e.PNG

...Corrin?

za.PNG.716329c47cb4b73449d0d0d3f1c9c0e4.PNG

How sweet.

Also in the process of writing this I hit my elbow really hard on the corner of my desk and now it huts a bunch.

But for your sake, I will press on.

@Lightchao42 Is next and I'm just going to post the whole thing because this made me laugh.

dnekdn.PNG.7e11158854ad12e216de83bddafffe97.PNG

A bit of rivalry even in the quizzes.

Rixia Mao | Legend of Heroes Series Wiki | Fandom

Jesus, that's a sword and a half.

The next has nothing to do with anything but it also made me laugh.

shes.PNG.286ac127c36a337782b729ecdd4fe616.PNG

...What were we talking about?

Oh yes waifus!

Next one is from @Eltosian Kadath who simply stated that waifus weren't their thing which is respectable, but as I've said before it's perfectly fine to put a character that you just simply like and appreciate. It doesn't have to be a fictional crush.

tea.PNG.7bf26affa50d1a7ebbe98ed1031215b8.PNG

I'm more of a coffee person myself.

We're nearly done here and @Benice is the final! With a character named Josette. Hopefully that rhymed in your head.

dsad.PNG.d6b5bab3da416393e1ea92c0fded3dc8.PNG

What's not to love in a girl? I have no idea who she is but she sounds grand.

...Wait, how do you have short hair and long hair?

---

And there we go! We're finally done! ...Well not really, I'd still like it if those I mentioned stepped up and told me who the character was if I didn't know since there were a lot of those here, mostly my fault really.

Also I skipped most of what I thought were joke submissions so if I accidently skipped yours, please do let me know.

Now that this project is nearing completion I'm hoping this will give us a sense of understanding for each other, that it will us closer together as comrades in arms.

...Or it will just make people fight each other a bunch, but that's just as fun to watch.

Three weeks after the game's release

FQZr_OsVIAUOBcc?format=jpg&name=large

I have done it.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, this is already a bad start. This is going to be even more anime than Dawn, isn't it...

Ruben when a character makes an exaggerated expression

ezgif-3-b0e22bab9804.gif

2 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Yeah, it got worse. As in, I couldn't use it effectively at all. There's been a lot going on besides that though so naturally SF wasn't happening if trying to type on mobile was a non-starter. But yeah, may as well get on that.

As I implied with that line about transition, I moved out! Sadly no vocation but I spent the last two weeks trying to practice for a driving test I ended up failing and working on a back yard. And hopefully I can get back into full swing on attempts for getting employment again after that.

Welcome back Dayni.

2 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

The Batman..... I feel mixed about it. Not as bad as some others I know felt about it, but it is stupid long and what it does feels like a hodgepodge.

Interesting. I know it's three hours long but it honestly didn't feel like it to me.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

You know, back when I was first playing 13 Sentinels I rarely scrolled through the “all events” section (which shows every u locked event from every character’s story, all in chronological order) to get to stuff because of just how long it is. But because of that, I never realize just how well the stories fit together. I noticed the major things, but all the little details flow really nicely too.

I think it really is worth it to, after you're done (not immediately tho), go through the whole thing chronologically i haven't actually done this because i never got around to it.

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Woah, what’s with Area 3 Battle 10…

Let me guess, framerate dips?

7 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

So come gather 'round the fire my friends and let us discuss the truly important things in life, that being waifus of course.

Now there is to be no judgment within this post, I respect and honor all of these submissions, you can argue about it after we're done.

In the end, i couldn't come up with a choice.

Which is why i will instead judge people harshly for their taste in waifus hahahahaha!

Edited by Armagon

5 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Well, just hours after my return. Rubenio let me know just in time-

6 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Also I skipped most of what I thought were joke submissions so if I accidently skipped yours, please do let me know.

I'll be honest, with how little time I had I don't think I could come up with a halfway serious suggestion in time.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Interesting. I know it's three hours long but it honestly didn't feel like it to me.

Can't say I felt it was all that quick myself.

I was also waiting a half hour inside on top of that because it was raining outside.

That aside, thoughts on the riff from Something in the Way as a theme for Batman?

(I thought you'd say something about my thoughts on the Raimi films or finally beating Dread)

19 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Next up is the submission from the one and only @Newtype06 Who submitted a character named Kohaku who I hoped had a unique enough name to help narrow down who they were talking about, sadly to no success.

Perhaps what they entered as their reason will help me.

needle.PNG.9f0c5a1abac2dcb3701dee854a4f2301.PNG

Ah yes, perfect.

Pretty sure I found her.

23 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I really like in depth descriptions like this. I like the joke reasons as much as the next guy but the goal of this project is to get to know each other better through our fictional crushes, or even just characters we like, so stuff like this is greatly appreciated.

I mean, the goal is still fulfilled if you find out that the submitter is an idiot.

20 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

And it ended up not even really being a character but rather an NPC sprite, the Hex Maniac from Pokemon X and Y.

Yes, even a spiritual, man of peace such as myself is not immune to big titty goth gfs.

mysert.PNG.7a7a7f987788426dd7d70905e5ff0c31.PNG

In all seriousness, I really like oddball characters. Characters that are weird for the sake of being weird are just grand. Call me basic but I stand by this choice

Hex Maniac | World of Gaming Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

Also I like the color purple.

Not bad. She looks utterly deranged, which is always fun.

26 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Now, I like a good mystery, which is why it was such a joy to find someone who entered this.

og.PNG.6bcc9f8dce01d993997098f075588639.PNG

Who is this person? I'm not very well versed in the Teehee lore so I frankly have no idea! Is it @Julizan? @Shrimpolaris? I have no idea!

But anyhow, they gave the incredibly specific answer of.

white.PNG.2df74f276d4f5a22a794f9a208f13b2e.PNG

...Corrin?

Uhhhhh

Nah, I think it's someone called Rean.

21 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

The next has nothing to do with anything but it also made me laugh.

shes.PNG.286ac127c36a337782b729ecdd4fe616.PNG

...What were we talking about?

I don't think any of y'all are as based and cultured as Hi Its Me. We should all strive to be more like Hi Its Me.

45 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Not so random question, perhaps. But how familiar are you with Segovia?

Uhhhh not very.

36 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

NOT THE PAELLA!

I cannot be Spanish wthout paellas in my inventory!

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

NOT THE PAELLA!

Anime is evil, Armie. I cannot have anime in my Castlevania. Fighting demons with anime would be like fighting fire with kerosene!