Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Uhhhh not very.

Ah, I see.

I just got reminded that one of the two protagonists of Castlevania Bloodlines, Eric Lecarde, is from Segovia. Heck, in Japan he's Eric Ricardo, but localization changed Ricardo to Lecarde because... bad translation or something. Like Castlevania 64 changing Belnades to Fernandez.

Anyway, I just thought to ask. This will have no relevance whatsoever... yep...

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

In the end, i couldn't come up with a choice.

Which is why i will instead judge people harshly for their taste in waifus hahahahaha!

Survey's still up, you still have a chaaaance~

13 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Well, just hours after my return. Rubenio let me know just in time-

I'll be honest, with how little time I had I don't think I could come up with a halfway serious suggestion in time.

Ah, sorry about that. Like I said I 'll keep the survey open just incase a few other people still haven't been able to put a serious answer.

Well, a serious as ye can get anyway with something like this.

What I might actually do is create a new quiz with more questions, like where is the character from and so on. I wont do it now since we just did this but it's something to think about.

9 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Also just for the lulz we should get the joke answers

Yes, I was planning on doing that after the first post.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah yes, thank you!

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not bad. She looks utterly deranged, which is always fun.

Exactly!

5 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

y6g5cul6okc31.jpg

Huh...

Just now, GuardianSing said:

Huh...

no that's not the waifu i put in the answer

that's just a tactical anime nuke for Ruben

Edited by Shrimpolaris

35 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

reasonwq.PNG.dca52827dc432e38b7f23cda58b7201b.PNG

Whoever this fellow is, he has excellent taste in women.

28 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

A character named Dolce was their pick and it was around here that I wished I put a question that asked where the character was from because I have no idea who this character is, you're gonna have to help me out on this one.

...Which means this project will be slightly extended! Yes! Looking on the bright side.

topfeh.PNG.bfd748390c360e7bc1b729c62ba0403a.PNG

I do like top hats...

dolceteehee.png?width=1041&height=585

My bad for not including what game she's from but this is Dolce, from Rune Factory 4.

I realize my explanation was rather short as well.

Excellent personality and design. Top hat, pointy ears, trench coat, etc. 👌

Cold shoulder and sharp tongue with a heart of gold. Has a tragic backstory that makes me even more fond of her. Falls in line with my appreciation of characters who take their sweet time to open up instead of just expressing their thoughts openly and freely or falling into the protagonist's arms like nothing. The effort needed to help her open up makes the relationship between MC and her all the more rewarding.

Also voiced by Laura Bailey.

32 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Brings out our first husbando with Rhys from PoR and RD! I was worried we wouldn't get a single male on this list but here we are.

I've heard that Rhys is a pretty interesting character though since I've yet to play the games I don't know much about him beyond that.

Rhys | Fire Emblem Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

Nice. Rhys is a gem.

41 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

@Sooks is here to join us as well with Estelle from Trails in the Sky. 

cdcs.PNG.f512f05f9be2040be45fbad9e64a3cc3.PNG

A classic.

43 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

tea.PNG.7bf26affa50d1a7ebbe98ed1031215b8.PNG

Respectable.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Oh! Yes of course, how foolish of me.

*Ahem* Anyhow, lets get on with the joke posts, at least the ones I didn't already post for fun in the previous thing.

izxa.PNG.bddc60dc3d5003631c30ff32b58966b6.PNG

dssaa.PNG.f3aadb14944e98fe8ec47e935f2e325e.PNG

fish.PNG.70dce787266ecc176a53d6de4e6019a9.PNG

cwcw.PNG.81ca05a589bee8259b2db5a7e9098039.PNG

...Corrin again?

blXN.PNG.05b9d5a791262fc041125ee8e7cba919.PNG

INTEN.PNG.c6d7011506f37450e2916e95d9b18622.PNG

What an honor that even IS themselves came to take the survey!

fewfew.PNG.744aaac9b5c0eee24d1b3a9f892f4210.PNG

csxsx.PNG.6b3e8744f143e049401fd9d5d85b5c3d.PNG

Wonderful, just beautiful.

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

dolceteehee.png?width=1041&height=585

My bad for not including what game she's from but this is Dolce, from Rune Factory 4.

I realize my explanation was rather short as well.

Excellent personality and design. Top hat, pointy ears, trench coat, etc. 👌

Cold shoulder and sharp tongue with a heart of gold. Has a tragic backstory that makes me even more fond of her. Falls in line with my appreciation of characters who take their sweet time to open up instead of just expressing their thoughts openly and freely or falling into the protagonist's arms like nothing. The effort needed to help her open up makes the relationship between MC and her all the more rewarding.

Also voiced by Laura Bailey.

Ahah, thank you! Good choices all around.

23 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

y6g5cul6okc31.jpg

You can't scare me with this. Rean, Shrimpy, Rean! Haha, Rean Rean Rean!

21 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, I see.

I just got reminded that one of the two protagonists of Castlevania Bloodlines, Eric Lecarde, is from Segovia. Heck, in Japan he's Eric Ricardo, but localization changed Ricardo to Lecarde because... bad translation or something. Like Castlevania 64 changing Belnades to Fernandez.

Anyway, I just thought to ask. This will have no relevance whatsoever... yep...

Ohhh... Yes, I believe I may know what it is.

Also, Belnades to Fernandez feels like it'd be actually closer to the original intention lol

17 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Give me an R! Give me an A! Give me an E! Give me an N!

...wait, that's not right...

2 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Oh! Yes of course, how foolish of me.

*Ahem* Anyhow, lets get on with the joke posts, at least the ones I didn't already post for fun in the previous thing.

dssaa.PNG.f3aadb14944e98fe8ec47e935f2e325e.PNG

Lol I forgot about this one.

cwcw.PNG.81ca05a589bee8259b2db5a7e9098039.PNG

...Corrin again?

Bantu

blXN.PNG.05b9d5a791262fc041125ee8e7cba919.PNG

INTEN.PNG.c6d7011506f37450e2916e95d9b18622.PNG

What an honor that even IS themselves came to take the survey!

These two are amazing.

fewfew.PNG.744aaac9b5c0eee24d1b3a9f892f4210.PNG

Damnable Reuben! Get outta here!

4 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

csxsx.PNG.6b3e8744f143e049401fd9d5d85b5c3d.PNG

Doesn't choke you is supposed to be an upside?

Wonderful, just beautiful.

Ahah, thank you! Good choices all around.

I second this. Everyone's waifus are great. Especially Hi Its Me's.

50 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

@Sooks is here to join us as well with Estelle from Trails in the Sky. 

cdcs.PNG.f512f05f9be2040be45fbad9e64a3cc3.PNG

Descriptions like this are what make me want to play the game that is being talked about, I love it. I don't know anything about this character yet can understand perfectly why she is liked.

Estelle Bright | Kiseki Wikia | FANDOM powered by Wikia

NOOOO I came up with the perfect joke reasoning after the fact. It’s okay, just share the joke submissions and my ego will go back up again.

og.PNG.6bcc9f8dce01d993997098f075588639.PNG

Who is this person? I'm not very well versed in the Teehee lore so I frankly have no idea! Is it @Julizan? @Shrimpolaris? I have no idea!

But anyhow, they gave the incredibly specific answer of.

white.PNG.2df74f276d4f5a22a794f9a208f13b2e.PNG

White hair + red eyes = Shrimpy’s preference.

Now that I’m playing the game again, Shrimpy, the best character in 13 Sentinels is girl with white hair and red eyes. So yeah, play it.

@Lightchao42 Is next and I'm just going to post the whole thing because this made me laugh.

dnekdn.PNG.7e11158854ad12e216de83bddafffe97.PNG

A bit of rivalry even in the quizzes.

Rixia Mao | Legend of Heroes Series Wiki | Fandom

Jesus, that's a sword and a half.

I did acknowledge Rixia’s greatness though! I’m pretty sure I called her best or second best Crossbell character when I finished Azure. She’s just… not a Sky character, and we all know Sky characters best.

We're nearly done here and @Benice is the final! With a character named Josette. Hopefully that rhymed in your head.

dsad.PNG.d6b5bab3da416393e1ea92c0fded3dc8.PNG

What's not to love in a girl? I have no idea who she is but she sounds grand.

...Wait, how do you have short hair and long hair?

He’s talking about Josette from Trails.

She has short hair in the first three games and comes back like five games later, now with her hair grown out.

46 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I think it really is worth it to, after you're done (not immediately tho), go through the whole thing chronologically i haven't actually done this because i never got around to it.

I  thought about that, but the whole thing is just too long to do that. Maybe if I’m really really bored one day.

46 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Let me guess, framerate dips?

Insanely difficult, actually. I had to pull a blitzkrieg strategy off the internet.

No, frame rate dips can happen every battle, just use this little thing called missile rain.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

These two are amazing.

Wait, you weren’t behind Kaga? Then who..?

All the other ones are extremely obvious, but we have to get to the bottom of this mystery.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ohhh... Yes, I believe I may know what it is.

Also, Belnades to Fernandez feels like it'd be actually closer to the original intention lol

Ironically yes. XD

'Course, Fernández wouldn't be ヴェルナンデス, bur rather フェルナンデス. Though, well, who knows if they knew that...

Or maybe they were meant to be Bernández.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

5 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Ah, sorry about that. Like I said I 'll keep the survey open just incase a few other people still haven't been able to put a serious answer.

Well, a serious as ye can get anyway with something like this.

What I might actually do is create a new quiz with more questions, like where is the character from and so on. I wont do it now since we just did this but it's something to think about.

Well, I'll wait for that then, it might give me a better sense of how to answer it.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

RgtHJ.thumb.png.e01e9ee9b52fd39a3987127306b21996.png

Ah, it's good to be back.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh my.

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

White hair + red eyes = Shrimpy’s preference.

Now that I’m playing the game again, Shrimpy, the best character in 13 Sentinels is girl with white hair and red eyes. So yeah, play it.

Jesus, I'm gonna have to add a lot to my "games to play" list, huh?

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

He’s talking about Josette from Trails.

She has short hair in the first three games and comes back like five games later, now with her hair grown out.

Ah, Gotcha.

5 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Well, I'll wait for that then, it might give me a better sense of how to answer it.

Alrighty then! However it might be a little while so I wont have people repeating themselves so soon.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Jesus, I'm gonna have to add a lot to my "games to play" list, huh?

Wait, no! That’s my recommendation to Shrimpy, not you! You should play Omori if you’re okay with having your heart ripped out of your body and shoved back in in a bunch of tiny pieces (and are okay with everything in the content warning at the beginning), otherwise… okay 13 Sentinels works.

Kirby and the Forgotten Land is so good (review)

The Switch has been a console where long-running Nintendo franchises have found ways to reinvent themselves. You have Breath of the Wild, you have Mario Odyssey and now we have Kirby and the Forgotten Land. I'm just going to come out and say it: this game is one of the best games released in recent years. This is so much charm and fun in this game and if you find yourself unable to enjoy that, then i'm going to assume your soul is made of stone.

While it's not Kirby's first time going into the third dimension, it is his first proper adventure to do so and i'm glad the devs got it so right. I was worried that Kirby's infinite floating ability would trivialize the game, but thankfully, that is not the case, as you can only stay in the air for so long and you can't gain altitude without the ground level going up in the first place. This change to one of Kirby's signature powers makes me appreciate the level design way more, whereas in past Kirby games, the level design was simply a means to an end. And by appreciating the level design, it allows for new creative ideas to be put in place. Stuff like the Ultra Abilities and Robobot were cool but they're limited to the limits of two dimensions. In a three dimensional space, the Mouthful Mode abilities are able to shine to their brightest extent and i love that there's not a single one where it's just a one-off thing.

Speaking of abilities, there's only 12 Copy Abilities in this game, which seems low compared to other games until you find out that these abilities can be upgraded, with each tier of upgrades being better than the last. The upgraded Copy Abilities had me using more abilities than i actually would've have in prior Kirby. Fire Kirby, for example, is not an ability i particularly cared for in past games but upgrading that to Volcano Fire Kirby and then later Dragon Fire Kirby had me regularly swallowing fire enemies and taking their power for myself. I will say tho, i do wish the upgraded tiers had other uses besides just being better. There is like one instance where i actually needed an upgraded ability to unlock something within a level but other than that, the levels don't have any specific instances where you'd need to upgrade an ability. This aspect of the game is mitigated by the Treasure Roads, special challenges where you're forced to use an ability (Mouthful or Copy) for the duration of that challenge. These were fun to do and i'm glad that even if there's an ability i didn't like using that much (hello bombs), the game had courses specifically designed for them.

On the subject of levels, while the game is easy because Kirby, the meat of the challenge comes from getting all the Waddle Dees. These still aren't difficult mind you, but definitely made the levels more fun to play through. If there's really only one aspect where level design falls short, it's the boss arenas. The bosses themselves are good and each one has a no damage challenge for all the gamers out there but the arenas themselves are kinda....too big, which is especially an issue when you consider that Tier 3 (and the exclusive Tier 4 for two specific abilities) abilities really break the game's difficulty, what little there was of it. If the bosses did more to influence the arena they were in, i think things would be a little bit better but there's only like three that do so. Also, if you want to see everything, you have to go through hard mode remixes of all the levels, which, it's Kirby so it's not that hard in the long run (especially with how busted abilities can become) but......if i had a nickel for every 2022 game i've played where i have to go through a harder version of the game to see everything, i'd have three nickels. Which isn't a lot, it's just weird that it's happened thrice in one year. But at least this time, those hard mode remixes are more of a "greatest hits" from each world and not the whole thing.

The game is also oddly missing some QoL. There's no "retry from checkpoint" option, forcing you to redo an entire level if you want to complete one of the challenges in a level that can only be done once per run of that level. Buying stock items to use later is neat but you can only buy one at a time so if you ever wanted to stock up on stat boosts, you have to buy all that individually. Even stuff like the Present Codes for goodies, you have get each one individually, as opposed to giving several codes and getting all that at once.

The music in this game is very good, as expected from a Kirby game. Lots of pleasant tunes and good boss themes. There's an anime OP song at the start, which caught me off guard because i wasn't expecting it but it's a bop. Roar of Dedede is definitely the hardest King Dedede's theme has ever gone but i think the one that truly steals the show is at the end. The final boss theme of this game surpasses C-R-O-W-N-E-D from Return to Dream Land. Two Planets Approach the Roche Limit is one of the hardest names for a song and it's a Kirby song of all things.

Kirby and the Forgotten Land is a very good game, definitely one of the best to be released in recent years and i can't wait to see where the series goes from here. The only thing i ask is that Waddle Dees be completely removed from Kirby's rogue gallery from now on, because after running around Waddle Dee town for hours, i can't go back to hitting these little guys.

9/10

Ahh, it feels good to beat a good game after playing Persona 5.

55 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

(I thought you'd say something about my thoughts on the Raimi films or finally beating Dread)

What were you're actual thoughts on Dread besides dying a lot?

48 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I cannot have anime in my Castlevania

Too bad.

20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I  thought about that, but the whole thing is just too long to do that. Maybe if I’m really really bored one day.

Oh yeah, it's definitely a commitment.

I might do it on the Switch version tho since now it's basically a good book.

20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Insanely difficult, actually. I had to pull a blitzkrieg strategy off the internet.

Ah.

I don't remember because all the levels look the same but i think this happened to me on that one

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

A character named Dolce was their pick and it was around here that I wished I put a question that asked where the character was from because I have no idea who this character is, you're gonna have to help me out on this one.

Dolce is from Rune Factory 4

oop I realize now I’m extremely late. No one regard this ehe 

Edited by Elina

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ah.

I don't remember because all the levels look the same but i think this happened to me on that one

It’s the boss battle where the tanky boss spawns on the opposite side of the map and swarms and swarms of enemies flood the terminal. Two meaty healers also spawn pretty far from the boss and keep healing it.

Basically the only way to get S-rank is to blitzkrieg up to the boss with two demolisher blade users (one of whom is Ogata) with limit break while throwing guardians around them and praying.

Edited by Sooks