Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Shrimpolaris said:

It's not just Sigurd, every holy weapon user just breaks the game faster than me eating pretzels 

Especially Forseti. That one is just an "I win" Button.

Forseti goes *swoosh*

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

that's a funny way of spelling Lethe

or Elincia

or Marcia

damn Tellius had all the great girls

based Twilit

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

RD

ya know, it's funny when back then i had RD as my fav. and you guys 3H, and after we three we played the other game we switched favs xD

Edited by Shrimpolaris

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

honestly, any laguz not a royal, more or less, wasn't worth using in RD

they got shafted hard

I think the only way you could use them is if you transfer stat bonuses from PoR.

....which is exactly what i'll do in my next run (not now). Start RD in Dolphin to get PoR bonuses, then transfer that save over to my Wii U so i can play with my physical copy.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

maybe turning off browser security to download it could work?

First thing I tried.

Didn’t work.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Especially Forseti. That one is just an "I win" Button.

Was Shrimpy behind that one survey submissions all along?

Edited by Sooks

ya know, it's funny when back then i had RD as my fav. and you guys 3H, and after we three we played other game we switched favs xD

Law of equivalent exchange. 

29 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Boat map on Hector Hard Mode… why did they do this to the deployment? This would have been tough and tight the way it is, perfectly fine, maybe even good, but then they just… gimp yea deployment! For no reason! Is this difficulty always gonna be like this?

Yeah, you know what? Maybe it is time for Path of Radiance.

Yeah, HHM deployment slots are far less than they really should be...

17 minutes ago, Benice said:

I feel like they're very different in terms of slowness-FE4 has massive maps, tons of new mechanics and lots of moving parts, whereas PoR is extremely close to FEGBA, especially in the earlygame. The slowness comes mostly from the slow animations, though the generally dense enemy placement also contributes. FE4 is grandiose, with all the baggage attached to the term, whereas FE9 is just a bit like congealed gravy in terms of speed.

...Plus, as far as I played (Ch. 18, I think? It was one of the Serenes maps, or perhaps the one after Devdan), absolutely none of your units die to anything. FE4 makes you pay attention to unit placement, items, money, etc., whereas PoR just kinda lets you put anyone into any situation*. I used the worst units as is customary for me, but it was still brainless, all while being slow.

This sums up my opinion on the FE4 and FE9 comparison nicely. Personally I think a comparison to FE8 is a lot closer, but FE9 plays slower due to the animations.

Also for the love of Naga @Sooks do not go through the effort of getting access to Maniac mode, just play the real English version. Maniac Mode doesn't make things harder, just adds more enemies. In fact there are a few lategame chapters where you can literally run out of equipment on some of your troops, even if they came laded down with all the weapon uses they could carry, with no access to the convoy on map...

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

First thing I tried.

Didn’t work

where are you downloading Dolphin from? Are you sure it's their page?

Also if if you still can't download it get Retroarch and downlaod the dolphin core

On our current arguing, let's be real, Titania is not best PoR girl because that implies some degree of immaturity /s

18 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If it wasn't for it being trapped in the eclipse, the castle would've already manifested again. Sadly, no Castlevania game taking place in the 2020's.

Well, that's one thing we can be thankful for them.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Forseti goes *swoosh*

Accurate.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Law of equivalent exchange. 

Least you didn't get your brother left in an uncaring void.

4 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Well, that's one thing we can be thankful for them.

Now I'm reminded of one Castlevania fanfic idea I had, of the Castle manifesting again on a Solar Eclipse in 2071. Partly because it'd be the same time amount of time from the 2035 eclipse than the time between the 2035 eclipse to the 1999 one when the castle was sealed... and partly because the 2071 eclipse is forecasted to show up in Mexico. So you know, bias.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

where are you downloading Dolphin from? Are you sure it's their page?

Dolphin-emu.org, no? With a dolphin logo plastered everywhere, the latest updates to the emulator, all the different versions…

Also if if you still can't download it get Retroarch and downlaod the dolphin core

I tried this, and I got the same message.

Then I tried installing files and apps I already have on my computer (that I know should work) and I’m getting the same message for every file I tried downloading.

I turned off Windows antivirus, chrome antivirus, uninstalled the external antivirus I had… and none of that did anything. Why laptop? Why are you doing this?

Dolphin-emu.org

yh should be that one

Then I tried installing files and apps I already have on my computer (that I know should work) and I’m getting the same message for every file I tried downloading.

I turned off Windows antivirus, chrome antivirus, uninstalled the external antivirus I had… and none of that did anything. Why laptop? Why are you doing this?

...wth?

Did you try a different browser?

(also it's usually not a good idea to unistall antivirus. Disable for a bit yes, but not uninstall)

1 minute ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Did you try a different browser?

Will do.

1 minute ago, Shrimpolaris said:

(also it's usually not a good idea to unistall antivirus. Disable for a bit yes, but not uninstall)

Desperate times.

But yeah, I’ll reinstall it.

and yeah, Sooks, don't bother with Maddening mode. Just. DON'T

We should have said that for 3H from the off.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Now I'm reminded of one Castlevania fanfic idea I had, of the Castle manifesting again on a Solar Eclipse in 2071. Partly because it'd be the same time amount of time from the 2035 eclipse than the time between the 2035 eclipse to the 1999 one when the castle was sealed... and partly because the 2071 eclipse is forecasted to show up in Mexico. So you know, bias.

It'd be too much to expect it during Dia de los Muertes I'm assuming.

But yeah that would be a nice alteration that could be used to excuse the castle hopping around the world.

7 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

It'd be too much to expect it during Dia de los Muertes I'm assuming.

But yeah that would be a nice alteration that could be used to excuse the castle hopping around the world.

Yeah, it's going to happen in late September.

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/2071

For comparison, the 2035 one will also happen in September, though at the beginning of the month:

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/2035

And for completion's sake, the eclipse of 1999 happened in early-mid August:

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/1999

If you take those three eclipses alone, you'll see they are separated by a span of 36 years and 20-ish days. Hence, wanting to stablish a pattern for my fanfic idea.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

49 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

...FE4 does? Since when?

By default, FE4 asks you to handle each unit's money, equipment, and all that. Plus, it rewards using a lot of different units-Dew to get more money, Alec to counter Ayra's Astra, using multiple cavs so that Sigurd doesn't take all the cash. You certainly can just play using Sigurd, (Though for me, as with Twilit and Ruben, Sigurd couldn't solo everything at all) but if you don't, things become more interesting. The challenges can be difficult to overcome, and some items or villages might be missed, depending on who you use. It's not that Sigurd or the legendary weapons aren't broken, it's more that not everything is.

Never played much of Gen 2, though. Maybe it's different there.

35 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Don't forget that you can speed up FE4 using an emulator!

True!

I wonder if they'll put a super-turbo button in a theoretical FE4 remake.

Benice, Judgment is 50% off on PSN rn.

Ooh, I'll have to check if that's true on Xbox as well! Crane is too good to pass up...

If no interesting game appears on the Golden Week sale in 15 days, I'll buy it.

Sounds good! Would you like for me to offer what I know about the game as a sort of review?

I love this heat action.

31 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Every time I try to download Dolphin, chrome says “virus scan failed” on the little download window and that’s the end of that.

F.

Edited by Benice

9 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

We should have said that for 3H from the off.

3H maddening, as sucky as it is, is miles better than PoR Maddening.

And RD hard for that matter

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

each unit's money, equipment, and all that.

micromanagement chore that doesn't add at all to the challenge imo

It's by far my most hated aspect of FE4 ngl, and it just serves to make the strong ones stronger and snowball out of controll, hard

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

if you don't, things become more interesting

you can say this about every FE tbf

Edited by Shrimpolaris

MY SIDES!

M9hoodrj o

48 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

...my old slow ass laptop could speed up FE9/10 emulation

My old slow ass laptop couldn't, that's why I had to buy a Wii.

21 minutes ago, Benice said:

True!

I wonder if they'll put a super-turbo button in a theoretical FE4 remake.

Not if it's made in Three Houses' engine

kfXuAQK.jpg

23 minutes ago, Benice said:

Sounds good! Would you like for me to offer what I know about the game as a sort of review?

Yes, please. I know that the game has a dub, the first one since the original's.