• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Back with some Elden Ring talk, the Crucible Knight took a lot of tries, in large part due to the second half of that fight be so different from the first half. Its tail attack can be added to the end of any of his combos, except one, and the tail attack itself, which makes those the only attacks where he is actually vulnerable, so while the first is a fun duel, the second is all about finding a way to bait the tail attack without attacking yourself, in a way that lets you dodge into it close enough to attack him afterwards. Plus his flying attack becomes the obvious time to heal in the second half of that fight, while finding a way to heal in the first half was rather tricky, requiring you to either throw away an opportunity to attack, or get a LOT of distance. I got to the point that I could no damage the first of that fight before I finally beat the second half.

After that I did start heading towards the castle the story wants me to reach, and I ran into Margit, The Fell Omen. He doesn't seem to difficult (compared to bosses like the Crucible Knight, the Ulcerated Tree Spirit, and the Tree Sentinel while lv 1deprived), but the game crashed at the start of attempt three, which is a bad sign...

10 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

I might continue on tomorrow anyways since there may be folks who aren't awake at the moment.

I see it's still not here. Oh well, at least I'll get to discuss alongside everyone else.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

Galaxy 2 is literally Galaxy 1 but improved to perfection.

Galaxy 1 > Galaxy 2 because Luigi is unlocked too late in 2, whereas in 1 you can play the entire game as him.

Unless I use cheats.

In which case, yeah ok.

8 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Nope. Sorry, just counted, it's 13 real submissions with everything else being nonsense.

I have only done three, so there must be someone impersonating me. I'm thinking we string Armagon up. He's probably being all slanderous.

Seeing as how folks are going to sleep (Including myself soon enough) I'll likely post about it in my morning where more people are awake, and even if certain people who participated aren't around to see it at the time I'll make sure to mention them so they can find it easily.

So the survey ends as soon as I wake up which is likely around 9:20 Pacific time.

Ah, good hour.

EDIT: Never mind, I almost forgot, I'm going to be busy. Oh well. It's not like posts disappear 10 minutes after being made.

6 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

I mean, at least that's more interesting than "generic loli without a personality other than loli."

6 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

jeJJmkaH_o.jpg

ah, so this is what it means to have a community bath

Why is that man tied up? Should I be worried...?

6 hours ago, BrightBow said:

No worries. They aren't blood related. Blood relations vaporize in S supports. That's just science.

Does this sorcery still work if your partner's blood is literally the same as yours, though?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Managed to beat Margit, the Fell Omen. Had another crash before victory. It wasn't quite as easy as I first thought, as the magic weapons in the second half are hard to deal with. Really I just over-powered him thanks to like three heavy hits staggering him (as long as I can get them off quick enough...), it was an inelegant victory. That did give me access to the Round Table, which was actually kinda dull, other than the NPC invader with this sweet looking Scythe, although I trounced him, dodged all his attacks. I felt kinda bad for the little computer, but thems the breaks. Not quite sure what to do now, might wander around some more, or take on what is in the castle proper, we will see but that is enough Elden Ring for now.

58 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Does this sorcery still work if your partner's blood is literally the same as yours, though?

Yes. It's a little known loophole used to get away with murder in Fire Emblem Fates. First, you clone yourself. Then you kill a guy. Then you S-support the clone. Now your bloodline is different to the clone's, so any DNA at the crime-scene is traced back to the clone as it has your original DNA. The clone gets arrested, and you go free. Peri has done this 26 times

I never, ever play games in windowed mode. This is going to take a lot of getting used to.

https://images2.imgbox.com/59/d1/ourKGC6y_o.png

Also, this is already a bad start. This is going to be even more anime than Dawn, isn't it...

19 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Yes. It's a little known loophole used to get away with murder in Fire Emblem Fates. First, you clone yourself. Then you kill a guy. Then you S-support the clone. Now your bloodline is different to the clone's, so any DNA at the crime-scene is traced back to the clone as it has your original DNA. The clone gets arrested, and you go free. Peri has done this 26 times

Peri probably invented the technology.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

it's just a body wrap he wears around his midsection

it's just covered up most of the time in his normal outfit

9424b866cd690dda29ff6aa81d69bbac3a26ea1d.png

48 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

https://images2.imgbox.com/59/d1/ourKGC6y_o.png

Also, this is already a bad start. This is going to be even more anime than Dawn, isn't it...

That exact expression came to mind when I thought the game might be... problematic... for you. Thankfully, that's the most ruinous portrait in the entire game. It doesn't get any worse.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To add on to Twili's explanation, it seems to be a feudal Japanese thing you can find in popular entertainment, though not reality I think. You don't need to be injured or anything to be wrapped up. It's less external clothing, and more a form of abdomen undergarment. Not sure of the origin behind the idea.

Hey, i finally finished the PC section of my notes!

6af7585afa43f82159d0b3c4bbfb66fb.png

Something interesting to note is that E.S. still have EP bases, so it seems they intended on letting them use Ether in early stages of the game. Too bad they took that out.

51 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

It's just a body wrap he wears around his midsection

it's just covered up most of the time in his normal outfit

Oh.

...Wait, then where are his arms in that screenshot...? I can't see them!

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That exact expression came to mind when I thought the game might be... problematic... for you. Thankfully, that's the most ruinous portrait in the entire game. It doesn't get any worse.

Eh. Who cares. Portraits don't affect the gameplay.

17 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Hey, i finally finished the PC section of my notes!

6af7585afa43f82159d0b3c4bbfb66fb.png

Something interesting to note is that E.S. still have EP bases, so it seems they intended on letting them use Ether in early stages of the game. Too bad they took that out.

R E U B E N

I am now 0.22% more certain that I should never play this game.

Yes from an aesthetic point. The character designs can be pretty damn anime. The gameplay in Portrait of Ruin is really good though. Moreso if you enjoy the sidequests (which I actually do mostly, though the "level this subweapon fully" ones can be a bit grindy). Enemy design is pretty top notch. Locations are really good (you're not just exploring the castle). The weapon variety is great, as is the subweapon variety. I really like Portrait of Ruin. Though that could be bias from it being related to Bloodlines, which was one of my first games in the series.

Peri probably invented the technology.

Or killed the inventor then used the technology

So I did the "hold up for cringe animations" thing in the same room as Vincent, because I heard online that there's an easter egg if you do that.

This caused the HUD to disappear, then Vincent went "ahh, the young couple! So naive!". Then our heroes dropped their quintessential lines: "She's like my kid sister!" "J O N A T H A N , S T O P   T R E A T I N G   M E   L I K E   A   C H I L D !"

Y'know, Charlotte, you're the one that keeps making a big hissy fuss over it. Nobody else seems to give a shit. If you react like that to every tiny attempt at pronouncing the words "girl" or "kid", I dread to imagine how you'd react if a guy called you "stupid disciple." While trying to falcon punch you.

Why can't he be in every Castlevania instead of Dracula.

On a funnier note, if the partner isn't out when you perform the easter egg, Vincent assumes they straight up died. Then the disembodied voice of the partner lets him know that they are, in fact, alive. That's neat.

42 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

he's leaning back on them while sitting in the hot spring/bath

lXGCka1k_o.jpg

Oh... I thought that was like, hair or a furry cape or something.

11 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Yes from an aesthetic point. The character designs can be pretty damn anime. The gameplay in Portrait of Ruin is really good though. Moreso if you enjoy the sidequests (which I actually do mostly, though the "level this subweapon fully" ones can be a bit grindy). Enemy design is pretty top notch. Locations are really good (you're not just exploring the castle). The weapon variety is great, as is the subweapon variety. I really like Portrait of Ruin. Though that could be bias from it being related to Bloodlines, which was one of my first games in the series.

That's what I like to hear. I really don't care about the anime, that's not what I'm here for. Not everyone can be as rad as Ecclesia.

Or killed the inventor then used the technology

That's more plausible.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's what I like to hear. I really don't care about the anime, that's not what I'm here for. Not everyone can be as rad as Ecclesia.

There's also a boss that makes use of the partner mechanic, and basically there's a trick to beating the boss without hassle.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This caused the HUD to disappear, then Vincent went "ahh, the young couple! So naive!". Then our heroes dropped their quintessential lines: "She's like my kid sister!" "J O N A T H A N , S T O P   T R E A T I N G   M E   L I K E   A   C H I L D !"

Y'know, Charlotte, you're the one that keeps making a big hissy fuss over it. Nobody else seems to give a shit. If you react like that to every tiny attempt at pronouncing the words "girl" or "kid", I dread to imagine how you'd react if a guy called you "stupid disciple." While trying to falcon punch you.

The joke is that by reacting that way to being called a child, she proves she is in fact immature.

I beat the first boss without taking damage. Couple of tries to figure out the pattern did it. Then I discovered, much to my disappointment, that boss medals for no-damage defeats were introduced in Order of Ecclesia. Because of course they were, Order of Ecclesia is the best game in this franchise.

Anyway, boss 1 beat, then we were introduced to one of the big baddies, who immediately took the time to call Charlotte a child.

That's not going to get old, nossir.

18 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

There's also a boss that makes use of the partner mechanic, and basically there's a trick to beating the boss without hassle.

I don't know much of this game, but I do remember that there's a boss fight in which Jonathan's... uh, hormones prove to be detrimental. That's about it, though.

18 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

The joke is that by reacting that way to being called a child, she proves she is in fact immature.

What?! No way! I didn't get that at all. Clearly I must pay more attention to this game's extremely subtle narrative ques.

13 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:
12 hours ago, Benice said:

Never underestimate the power of Teehee, or our waifus and degeneracy!

To infinity, my Teehee comrades!

I live and hope that one day the souls of everyone on this thread can be saved from the Teehee madness. As to waifus at least the one I proffered wasn’t from an anime.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What?! No way! I didn't get that at all. Clearly I must pay more attention to this game's extremely subtle narrative ques.

Could be worse. It could have a store that was formerly Chuck's. All the same now I feel like someone must when you point out a Rick and Morty joke isn't as obscure as they assume it was.

6 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

I live and hope that one day the souls of everyone on this thread can be saved from the Teehee madness. As to waifus at least the one I proffered wasn’t from an anime.

rjt6cOa.jpg

So there's an enemy in this game who reacts differently depending on which hero you're controlling. He draws a sword against Jonathan. Facing Charlotte, he pulls out a rose and declares his love for her. And then he just sits there, doing nothing, until she either attacks or turns her back to him. Then his rose withers. But he still doesn't attack, he just tries again and again ad infinitum.

It is a very Japan thing that this sort of thing happens to the same girl that the game keeps making a point to call "child."

But who cares.

https://images2.imgbox.com/71/ee/EL0NKAjE_o.png

I got paella. I am satisfied as a man from Spain. Cornucopia is a great word.

21 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Could be worse. It could have a store that was formerly Chuck's.

Now this though, this I don't get. Please explain. I am not fast.

All the same now I feel like someone must when you point out a Rick and Morty joke isn't as obscure as they assume it was.

Ahahahaha... Ahh, don't worry. It happens.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

So, you know how one of the last things I did in March was complain that the laptop was done with my shit?

Yeah, it got worse. As in, I couldn't use it effectively at all. There's been a lot going on besides that though so naturally SF wasn't happening if trying to type on mobile was a non-starter. But yeah, may as well get on that.

As I implied with that line about transition, I moved out! Sadly no vocation but I spent the last two weeks trying to practice for a driving test I ended up failing and working on a back yard. And hopefully I can get back into full swing on attempts for getting employment again after that.

Aside from that, FINALLY finished Dread (Despite dying at points I shouldn't have).

Here is how others saw it:

https://metroid.nintendo.com/assets/images/share-fb.jpg

Here was me playing it:

MDead.png.75bb176206f0cccf85eb5a116885cbdf.png

I think that should surmise my thoughts.

I played through Trials of Mana over the course of a few days and found it more unintentionally funny than I anticipated, tried a couple of others that I haven't gone much further with yet as well. Then didn't touch the Switch while I was away.

Movie wise, I'm just going to pop that into spoilers here:

Spoiler

Saw the Raimi trilogy, have a pretty positive opinion of I (though it felt like some elements were left underdeveloped), II (just a good film overall, RIP Rosie though) and even III I'd put over Webb's for sure (Venom was tacked on from what I saw, which is a shame knowing that was mandated but I do like most of what's done besides (Yes, even them bringing back Ben's death a third time to make Marko do it so this spiderman can learn to not beat people to death all the time let go of his anger)). James Franco was fun to laugh at. Have not bothered comparing against the MCU up to now.

The Batman..... I feel mixed about it. Not as bad as some others I know felt about it, but it is stupid long and what it does feels like a hodgepodge.

As for Sonic II, I wish it wasn't a disappointment. That ending ended up weak, the exposition got quite frontloaded and imo Elba seemed to kinda be phoning it in. Or at least I felt like he was.

I'd bet there's others but not ones that I found worth bringing up here as the latter were still in cinema and the former.... well, that's me finally getting round to them.

So, from what I can tell a lot was missed by me being gone. Just going to reply to quotes because I cannot convince myself to read through all the pages.

On 3/28/2022 at 8:21 PM, Newtype06 said:

So, I decided to start Pokemon Unbound right away and I chose Larvitar in honor of @Punished Dayni . Even though it sucks

Jwhnp0ym oAq6dfuo4 o

Now I feel bad for the Gible

>Insulting best line

Rud-

>Is now able to maybe be Tyranitar

I'll shut up now.

We're always going to find something to disagree on with pokemon huh

On 3/9/2022 at 2:16 PM, The Roger The Paladin said:

Does it involve throwing milk bottles at oncoming traffic?

Thankfully, no.