Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

iFfPD24J_o.png

Comedy.

I can't believe the solution to my every problem was that simple.

Ck5hoOxy_o.png

Like, this is the closest any of these morons came to actually hurting the guy.

I love you, Zelkov.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You try growing up in the same environment as her and let's see if you wouldn't be of the same mindset.

Hey, hey, I was jesting! Mere buffoonery. A harmless engagement in tomfoolery.

...But she just told my fifth favorite character she doesn't like him, I mean c'mon. The last time a princess was mean to one of my favorite boys, I benched her. Well, I did that because she was utterly worthless and I can only have so many meme units, whereas Ivy does not have this problem, but still. Thin ice, flower girl. You don't want me to bench you for your insufferable sister.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Use the plume and then you'll be next.

Is that a challenge? Tread lightly, I don't even know what I'm capable of. Sometimes I win fights.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, hey, I was jesting! Mere buffoonery. A harmless engagement in tomfoolery.

...But she just told my fifth favorite character she doesn't like him, I mean c'mon. The last time a princess was mean to one of my favorite boys, I benched her. Well, I did that because she was utterly worthless and I can only have so many meme units, whereas Ivy does not have this problem, but still. Thin ice, flower girl. You don't want me to bench you for your insufferable sister.

Then you need to know more about her. Suffice to say, she has trust issues. Her relationship with her retainers, and how they develop through their supports, end up becoming foils to each other. It all ends up for the better, but how they get there is certainly... mirrored against each other.

Still, even if it didn't worked out, it feels a bit shallow to drop a unit because of it... but eh, you do you.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Is that a challenge? Tread lightly, I don't even know what I'm capable of. Sometimes I win fights.

Then I have nothing to be concerned about.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Then you need to know more about her. Suffice to say, she has trust issues. Her relationship with her retainers, and how they develop through their supports, end up becoming foils to each other. It all ends up for the better, but how they get there is certainly... mirrored against each other.

Still, even if it didn't worked out, it feels a bit shallow to drop a unit because of it... but eh, you do you.

Fun fact: I wasn't serious.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Then I have nothing to be concerned about.

I will hide behind Sommie.

I wish there were more open world and adventure games that, at the very least on an aesthetic level, took place outside of western Europe.

I'm hoping now that Assassin's Creed has pretty much done all of the western pop-culture history settings that it will actually have to be creative going forward, which does seem to be happening with the next game being set in Baghdad.

Yeah, despite what i said earlier, i think i actually am gonna switch back to English voice acting for Breath of the Wild. Honestly, both the English and Latino voices in this game are standard honestly, with Zelda somehow being the weakest in both. But it's starting to get jarring when the subtitles are English and the voices are in Spanish and no, i cannot change the subtitles. Y porque entiendo el Español, mi mente se confunde quando leo Ingles y escucho Español.

No cause like Sidon will say "it's up to you now Link" in the subtitles but i'm hearing "Link confio en ti" (Link, i trust in you).  

11 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I wish there were more open world and adventure games that, at the very least on an aesthetic level, took place outside of western Europe.

I'm hoping now that Assassin's Creed has pretty much done all of the western pop-culture history settings that it will actually have to be creative going forward, which does seem to be happening with the next game being set in Baghdad.

Ghost of Tsushima if you're referring to real world locations.

SRW-J-English128.pngSRW-J-English129.pngSRW-J-English130.png

Nerds.

The "watch Gekiganger as part of honoring a diplomat's visit" was about as funny as the roughly the same scene in AP. Domon denying he enjoyed it this time was good, if not as good as Relena in AP taking the viewing seriously as part of her ambassadorial mission and later using it the language of Gekiganger when the heroes reached Mars.😆

The battle which followed I was predicting the style thereof. Since the Jovians -sans Prince of Darkness at least- don't have any true boss-type units, they surround me with a great many weaker robots in open space, as was the case in A Portable for a later game fight or two. The Boson Jumps and Distortion Fields weren't so problematic this time, the Jumps probably because Akurasu says the Afterimage effect in SRWJ isn't a fix % chance of activating, but determined by the difference between the Skill stats of the Afterimage unit and its opponent, which should make Afterimages from non-boss foes fairly rare, although less common on the player's side too.

SRW-J-English20.png

Zeorymer might be nearly dead, but with Strike + Valor...😈

SRW-J-English21.png

Seven enemies dead in a single blow, the five remainder within the radius were left severely damaged after this and were destroyed on the following enemy phase. I love a good MAP attack.😄 Hades Attack is wack when executed properly. Bless'ed beforehand for the extra cash. Had to use Faith + Renew to keep Zeo intact and the DCS barrier active afterwards, but having an idea of the opposition here, I didn't mind spending the SP on it. -If only Genichiro and his two other grunts had been in range.

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Uuf, don't even get me started. For starters, Butcher the Killer do gets to live up to his name. Gaizock in general enact such vile act like implanting bombs in the bodies of people and then... detonating them at some point. And this includes doing it to children. A few of the Zambot 3's pilots' friends die that way. And that's the other thing. This is a certified "Kill 'Em All Tomino" anime. Not even the pilots come unscatched. Kappei is the only one who survives to the end. The other two kids, as well as the dog, get killed during the final fight. So to wit, most of the protagonists die. Most of their family die. Most of their friends die. So... yep, it's pretty dark.

Oh.😲

"Fun" fact, for Zambot's debut in SRW with 4, they actually included the live bombs bit. And then... made it optional to avoid! If you didn't took a certain path in a route split (I think that was the condition)

I was coincidentally flipping through SRW4's flowchart last night. Why... I was too tired at the time to remember. But it's a correct route choice + defeating Butcher on the following map within a turn limit.

And perhaps it's totally unrelated, but this is when Masa joins and the upgraded OG mech gets Ankensatsu/Black Hole Cannon.

Ah, right right. Forgot that UC Gundam is very spread out.

May the six-year gap between the original Mobile Suit Gundam and Zeta have anything to do with the "Gundam was initially a failure" thing I've heard? No point in making a sequel right away if the original was a flop.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

I had to fuck around to get Xenosaga

Reminds me I was too lazy/cautious to ever fix the noticeable graphical problems I was experiencing in Episode III. 

Feels like Link's Awakening got it better

Knowing what I do, in Japan at least, Famicom/Super Famicom/Game Boy/Advance Wars had always to some extent outwardly presented itself as "old-school plastic toy soldiers". There was also a weird smidgen of realism mixed into the presentation, even though the games had a cartoony feel apart from either of the prior two game box/artwork approaches. I think they were aiming for that toy soldier look, whether or not it's what fans really want in the styling of AW is another question, the cartoony, ever so slightly "anime" look is what Western fans -the only ones getting Re-Boot Camp as Japan isn't- know the franchise to be.

but it's wild to see people complaining about it now when we've known this is what it was gonna look like for like a whole year now.

I think there were people complaining back then, but then the long delay happened and so the complaints died off. If there was anyone thinking WayForward would use the delay to improve the game visually or something, that was probably an optimistically foolish idea. Re-Boot Camp has been shoved in the freezer all this time for sure.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In fairness, stalker teenager that is horny for your sweat does seem like something that would be quite popular in Japan.

I've heard it said that gladiator sweat was very alluring to women in the Roman Empire. Might be modern hearsay, or something one ancient writer made up in a book that has survived the past nearly two millennia.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nerds.

Jovians in shambles, pft.

The "watch Gekiganger as part of honoring a diplomat's visit" was about as funny as the roughly the same scene in AP. Domon denying he enjoyed it this time was good, if not as good as Relena in AP taking the viewing seriously as part of her ambassadorial mission and later using it the language of Gekiganger when the heroes reached Mars.😆

Hahaha, it's always a hoot whenever the Gegikanger shenanigans show up. Like how much earlier Tsukumo's escape attempt from the Nadesico hits a hurdle because... he found Gai's Gekiganger stash and began to binge it... while still in the middle of the enemy ship. lol

Seven enemies dead in a single blow, the five remainder within the radius were left severely damaged after this and were destroyed on the following enemy phase. I love a good MAP attack.😄 Hades Attack is wack when executed properly. Bless'ed beforehand for the extra cash. Had to use Faith + Renew to keep Zeo intact and the DCS barrier active afterwards, but having an idea of the opposition here, I didn't mind spending the SP on it. -If only Genichiro and his two other grunts had been in range.

Yep, Zeorymer is truly something.

Oh.😲

Eeyup.

I was coincidentally flipping through SRW4's flowchart last night. Why... I am too tired to remember. But it's a correct route choice + defeating Butcher on the following map within a turn limit.

And perhaps it's totally unrelated, but this is when Masa joins and the upgraded OG mech gets Ankensatsu/Black Hole Cannon.

I guess since it was Zambot's debut and all... but still, that's quite the option to make.

Yeah, likely unrelated, heh.

May the six-year gap between the original Mobile Suit Gundam and Zeta have anything to do with the "Gundam was initially a failure" thing I've heard? No point in making a sequel right away if the original was a flop.

Well, the Gundam spin-offs did released in-between at least.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Look @Sooks look

NLjLjg58_o.png

I had to once again make an allowance with the DLC emblems to be able to give her daggers, but I mean, how can that qualify as cheating in any capacity when I am actively sabotaging myself here? She's on par or slightly worse than Merrin in every single stat and she cost two more seals than her. But hey, Timerra. I will welcome less stray crits, if nothing else.

...Also I think my Luigipro is finally suffering from its age. Joystick's doing weird things.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

Wish granted: Now all videogames, like all cinema, takes place in Metropolitan USA. God Bless the American Flag.

49 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Y porque entiendo el Español, mi mente se confunde quando leo Ingles y escucho Español.

Cuando*

Oh god surrendering the Rosellan village.

I can barely take it, I’m not sure how I can stomach the ending I’m going for. Although chapter 12 of this route is basically just chapter 11 of the other route which is… lame.

On 4/16/2023 at 2:47 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

I just realized how asinine the idea of making Timerra a wolf knight is, when she joins alongside Merrin, who is already a wolf knight.

I mean, I'm still gonna do it. This entire run is built on terrible decisions. But still, you forgot didn't you @Sooks

Timerra is the only unit who joins in that chapter who matters.

I mean, no, that entire squad is really cool, but yeah, I just thought Timerra + wolf would be extra cool.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Look @Sooks look

NLjLjg58_o.png

I had to once again make an allowance with the DLC emblems to be able to give her daggers, but I mean, how can that qualify as cheating in any capacity when I am actively sabotaging myself here? She's on par or slightly worse than Merrin in every single stat and she cost two more seals than her. But hey, Timerra. I will welcome less stray crits, if nothing else.

Yes. Strategically optimal choice. I am proud. The sprite also looks cool.

I’m guessing the DLC lets you have your units wear the casual clothes in battle?

And huh, I would’ve expected her to at least have better strength than Merrin. But oh well, this is better.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh fuck.

I have 12 units.

That's... Oh no that's terrible. Lindon and Saphir haven't joined yet! Fuck, I'm going to have to bench people...! Dangit all.

The FE engage experience

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh god surrendering the Rosellan village.

I can barely take it, I’m not sure how I can stomach the ending I’m going for. Although chapter 12 of this route is basically just chapter 11 of the other route which is… lame.

Dew it, Sooks. Dew it. Commit those war crimes.

Timerra is the only unit who joins in that chapter who matters.

I mean, no, that entire squad is really cool, but yeah, I just thought Timerra + wolf would be extra cool.

I understand your point of view.

Damn you for making me do this.

Yes. Strategically optimal choice. I am proud. The sprite also looks cool.

I’m guessing the DLC lets you have your units wear the casual clothes in battle?

The DLC

Hahaha, oh you sweet summer child.

And huh, I would’ve expected her to at least have better strength than Merrin. But oh well, this is better.

Nope, strictly worse than Merrin in every possible way except like, personal skill, and even that is arguable because Merrin has the rare personal that is good.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

The FE engage experience

When my "13th and 14th slots are unlocked after Solm" mod?

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

When my "13th and 14th slots are unlocked after Solm" mod?

ain't there a mod that increases unit slots...but also gives you the Emblems as full units?

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

ain't there a mod that increases unit slots...but also gives you the Emblems as full units?

Not sure, there probably is.

I just want a mod that makes the last two slots be unlocked gradually rather than just getting plopped for the final two joiners lol, that's beyond shitty. I know everyone loves one of them, but team variety kind of takes a hit when there's effectively 3 fixed units rather than 1. Now watch me scheme to maintain an extra unit up to par so I can have them join the team then instead of the loli

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The DLC

Hahaha, oh you sweet summer child.

Okay, this admittedly makes a tiny bit more sense. Just a smidge.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nope, strictly worse than Merrin in every possible way except like, personal skill, and even that is arguable because Merrin has the rare personal that is good.

She’s better than Merrin in the most important stat, which is that I like her more.

Now give her the final boss kill. Not that I know who the final boss is.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Re-Boot Camp has been shoved in the freezer all this time for sure.

Yeah it was literally a Star Fox 2 scenario. Game was done.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

ZLzZdGk.png

dats a new one

Depends on the world.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Cuando*

Es comico, a mi se me olvida la "c" unas vezes. Yo escribo "cintura" con la S, "sintura". 

34 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

how can you go gradual from 12 to 14 XD

You have 12 at chapter 14, then there's five units (one of them the dancer) that join and you have to kick someone out to slot them in, then it jumps to 14 in chapter 23 so you can fit the final two recruits.

Instead, give the 13th slot at Seadall because having to bench someone for the late-joining dancer is the reason I often don't bother with dancers in FE, and have the 14th slot be unlocked in like, chapter 19. Yeah. Chapter 19 is a good time. Then if you don't want to completely screw over the final joiners, have an additional 15th slot that is unlocked when they arrive. For example.

30 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Okay, this admittedly makes a tiny bit more sense. Just a smidge.

The full story is, I got the game on my Nintendo PC. Since I own it, there is no moral qualm, and I get to play it at 60 FPS and mod it.

30 minutes ago, Sooks said:

She’s better than Merrin in the most important stat, which is that I like her more.

Now give her the final boss kill. Not that I know who the final boss is.

lol as if, final boss belongs to Vandad.

29 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Edelgard

No, Rhea.

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Still very hesitant about it honestly.

If it was part of the gamepass i would've actually dl'd it, but it ain't

Well, I can vouch for it, if it helps. Though I'd sooner recommend Vandal Hearts 2 to you, knowing how much you like exotic strategy games.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Still very hesitant about it honestly.

If it was part of the gamepass i would've actually dl'd it, but it ain't

I mean, I remember talking before about how the demo is mostly story, but there’s still enough to get a feel for the gameplay. Unless you played it already. Or that’s not what you’re concerned about, idk.