• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Armagon said:

I think i remember reading that it held onto that record for the longest time in general but i could be wrong.

From what I can see from a quick Google search, that was only in Japan. Which is fine, I think. It's unfair to count international sales because Mystery just wasn't competing there. It's like when I brag about Berwick Saga outselling both Tellius games - It did in the region where all three games were available. If you count international sales, it didn't, but that's just not fair, is it?

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

At least on this thread, i think the only person who actually dislikes Awakening is Sooks. And BrightBow but BrightBow hates like 95% of IntSys anyway so this doesn't really count.

I suppose the topic of Awakening just didn't come up, then, because all I've heard is negativity on the matter.

Meh. Maybe after I'm done with my current Berwick run, I'll give it a shot. I ought to try it sooner or later. I have to do it before the next FE comes out, so I can say I've played the entire series, or else I risk Three Houses 2 happening and the series dying for me before I can. Of course, that's just the worst case scenario, but well, hope for the best and expect the worst, then you won't be disappointed.

17 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

hen on the Iwata Asks for Fates, they directly called Awakening's story "bad".

Considering this was in an interview for Fates, that's some comedy.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I don't know. From what I've heard 3 Houses has at least a bit of a world that exists outside the immediate vicinity of the avatar. So it has to be better then Awakening by default.

Eh, you know what I think about story in FE. If it's good, that's great. If it's bad, I can enjoy it too. I honestly couldn't care less. The things I've heard about its gameplay are worrying, but well, I'd have to see for myself. At this point it cannot be any worse than the time I tried out four FEs for the first time and hated all of them. Worst case scenario it's only one more disappointment left to go.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I can't say I actively dislike any FE game either, tbh. Even my least favorite one is just that. One that I happen to like less than others.

I envy people like you so much. I wish I could say this, I really do. But well, I can't exactly force myself to like every FE, can I.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

There are only two Fire Emblems i actually dislike, guess which ones they are.

@Benice this one's for you.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Snow in April...

excuse.jpg

Oh well, Tantal theme until i am home it is

Meanwhile me when i step outside in Florida

Who would win, Burning Godzilla (Heisei) or Armor Mothra? - Quora

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Eh, you know what I think about story in FE. If it's good, that's great. If it's bad, I can enjoy it too. I honestly couldn't care less. The things I've heard about its gameplay are worrying, but well, I'd have to see for myself. At this point it cannot be any worse than the time I tried out four FEs for the first time and hated all of them.

Do not be fooled by the first ten chapters.

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I don't know. From what I've heard 3 Houses has at least a bit of a world that exists outside the immediate vicinity of the avatar. So it has to be better then Awakening by default.

You’ve actually played the games right?

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Eh, you know what I think about story in FE. If it's good, that's great. If it's bad, I can enjoy it too. I honestly couldn't care less. The things I've heard about its gameplay are worrying, but well, I'd have to see for myself. At this point it cannot be any worse than the time I tried out four FEs for the first time and hated all of them.

Sure, but it shouldn't be such a high bar to not have a main cast who is a bunch of self-congratulating sociopaths.

Having a bad story is one thing, but Awakening takes the deepest barrel known to men and demonstrates that mankind never even began to comprehend barrels and the bottoms there-off.

Of course the fact that the game lacks any merit at all is something that mesmerizes me to this day. Like, how about just not having map design? Make every map indistinguishable from random encounters. Genius.

Edited by BrightBow

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You’ve actually played the games right?

You can't get worse then Awakening. You just can't.

Fates might be just as bad, but it never reaches any deeper depths.

...also it has actual map design. So it has some merits. One might even call it a strategy game.

Edited by BrightBow

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

This is not reassuring. But at this point, I know better than to judge a game by its first few chapters. Three Houses, Path of Radiance, Echoes... They all seemed okay at first. Heck, even some FEs I actually do like take a fart and keel over in their later stages!

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There are only two Fire Emblems i actually dislike, guess which ones they are.

Hmmm... Is it Heroes and the Persona thingy? Either that or Warriors.

7 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Sure, but it shouldn't be such a high bar to not have a main cast who is a bunch of self-congratulating sociopaths.

I mean, it shouldn't be, but this is FE we're talking about. If I wanted a story, I'd look somewhere else. Sad as it is, it is unsurprising for FE to suck at story. And this is coming from someone who doesn't even hate FE stories as much as some other people.

Having a bad story is one thing, but Awakening takes the deepest barrel known to men and demonstrates that mankind never even began to comprehend barrels and the bottom there-off.

Hoho! Some big words you got right there. Now I just have to see this disaster for myself. It sounds really funny. Perhaps even funnier than Gray Volcens... though I doubt it, Gray Volcens is hilarious.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Heck, even some FEs I actually do like take a fart and keel over in their later stages!

This was me with Awakening and I feel like it might be you.

Those first ten chapters were so good...

It’s Jugdral. I think.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I have not actually played Warriors so i can't speak to it's quality.

And at this rate, the only Warriors game i feel like i'd actually play is Xeno/Xenoblade Warriors.

But nah, it's Judgral. 

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But well, I can't exactly force myself to like every game

Ftfy

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Meanwhile me when i step outside in Florida

Who would win, Burning Godzilla (Heisei) or Armor Mothra? - Quora

Send us 15°C or something idk

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ftfy

Hah! True enough. Unbelievable as it is, I do, in fact, dislike games other than Fire Emblem Three Houses.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I have not actually played Warriors so i can't speak to it's quality.

And at this rate, the only Warriors game i feel like i'd actually play is Xeno/Xenoblade Warriors.

But nah, it's Judgral. 

Right, I almost forgot, you're the one who thinks Kaga is evil.

From my point of view, IntSys are evil!

On an unrelated note, my college had a mixup a good while where they had me take two classes that, due to the similarity of their content, can't both be counted towards the necessary credits for my degree. Sent an academic petition a while back to sort things out and it was denied. Thought I'd be out the cost of an extra class because of their mistake.

Turns out that although they can't give me the credits for both, they refunded me the cost of one class. It's not the ideal outcome, since I still have to take a class I didn't plan for, but at least I won't take a financial hit for it. That was nice to find out this morning.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hoho! Some big words you got right there. Now I just have to see this disaster for myself. It sounds really funny. Perhaps even funnier than Gray Volcens... though I doubt it, Gray Volcens is hilarious.

All I can say is that it didn't surprise me in the slightest when Corrin turned out to be a selfish dig who murders his way through an innocent nation while being treated by the story as a selfless martyr.

The difference in Awakening is that the antagonists are just as bad and then some. So it's easier to rationalize the contempt for human life that's on display.
...at least I would guess so. As for me, when playing the demo I actually thought the game was using different voice sets when fighting zombies then when fighting humans. Because it would just be too fucked up if those lines were used on human enemies.
So I can't really comprehend how one would get through this game and not recoil in disgust.

Edited by BrightBow

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

On an unrelated note, my college had a mixup a good while where they had me take two classes that, due to the similarity of their content, can't both be counted towards the necessary credits for my degree. Sent an academic petition a while back to sort things out and it was denied. Thought I'd be out the cost of an extra class because of their mistake.

Turns out that although they can't give me the credits for both, they refunded me the cost of one class. It's not the ideal outcome, since I still have to take a class I didn't plan for, but at least I won't take a financial hit for it. That was nice to find out this morning.

I’m glad you aren’t taking a financial hit then.

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

So I can't really comprehend how one would get through this game and not recoil in disgust.

Well, if you come in expecting a complete lack of competent storytelling (like I did with Fates), it's easy to just laugh everything off as terrible writers doing terrible writing and accidentally making everyone into a bunch of sociopaths. I know very little about Awakening's story, and what little I do know just tells me that it's a similar case of "is this Tommy Wiseau's horny wattpad fanfiction?" So it would be difficult for me to be disappointed with Awakening's story.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Ys Origin bosses are so stupid.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, if you come in expecting a complete lack of competent storytelling (like I did with Fates), it's easy to just laugh everything off as terrible writers doing terrible writing and accidentally making everyone into a bunch of sociopaths. I know very little about Awakening's story, and what little I do know just tells me that it's a similar case of "is this Tommy Wiseau's horny wattpad fanfiction?" So it would be difficult for me to be disappointed with Awakening's story.

I'll say Awakening's story is alrighty competent. By which I mean it's just average for the most part.

Which is just most of the series actually lol.