Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Armagon said:

Yeah

pro tip: you can  hit him from behind with flame sword and escape attacks

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

the bosses just feel like bullet hells with zero health pickups. They really do want you to do this perfectly.

which is what makes em good

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

YES! YES! GAROS IS CRIPPLED! I DID IT!

That was so not worth it, and I had to load a state a couple times because he decided to move erratically. But it's done. The hardest bounty to kill has been captured. Quality furnishings, here I come!

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Wait you're planning on buying it?

Hah, nah. The game and the console are no longer being produced. There is no reason for me to feel bad about downloading whatsoever. Echoes was enough.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

They are plot relevant unlike a certain set of games’ child units.

I see!

But they join after the game goes over the deep end, so maybe you’ll drop it before hand...

O O F

You place a lot of stock in the opinions of a Three Houses fan.

I do, don't I? Well, I try to keep a slighly open mind, in spite of being filthy elitist scum.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Eh, I'd say it's best to go into a game without any expectations, so you can form your own opinion about it apart from what others think.

I mean, all my expectations are that the game is going to be utter shit. Surely that's not such a high bar for the game to surpass?

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hah, nah. The game and the console are no longer being produced. There is no reason for me to feel bad about downloading whatsoever. Echoes was enough.

You want my apology for that?

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, all my expectations are that the game is going to be utter shit. Surely that's not such a high bar for the game to surpass?

I mean, I went into Path of Radiance with low expectation and ended up loving it.

I also went into Awakening with low expectation and it ended up worse then I could possibly have imagined any piece of entertainment media to be. And that was before Flames on the Blue. ...though at least afterwards the game had a pretty consistent level of bad for the rest of the arc. Then it got worse again. Oh boy, did it get worse again.

Edited by BrightBow

Personally I've yet to find a game that has disappointed me. Make no mistake, I can certainly dislike something out of a game (RD's Blood Pact comes to mind), but that has never stopped from enjoying the rest of it.

Grinding really was the solution huh.

Lv.30, plant boss kicked my ass. Lv.33, I kicked it's ass.

(Xenoblade 1 level penalties, is that you?)

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

you have Guard. Even with Yunica, although hers is very hard to time

Considering there is a blank space in the manual, I don't think I've unlocked that ability yet.

The Blighted Sands boss... hmm, personally I've always found it among the more bearable ones, even on Nightmare.

Mostly since I've found it among the easier ones to force into its stunned state.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Considering there is a blank space in the manual, I don't think I've unlocked that ability yet.

i am pretty sure you got Thunder already

Grinding really was the solution huh.

Lv.30, plant boss kicked my ass. Lv.33, I kicked it's ass

yeah 1 lvl makes a huge difference in classic Ys

Just now, Dayni said:

God ten year old me wishes you'd taken Spyro Enter the Dragonfly instead of me.

I own it, haha.

Or did. Sadly, one day years ago most of my PS2 games just about disappeared. I believe they were stolen, considering things, but it could never be proven.

12 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I mean, I went into Path of Radiance with low expectation and ended up loving it.

I also went into Awakening with low expectation and it ended up worse then I could possibly have imagined any piece of entertainment media to be. And that was before Flames on the Blue. ...though at least afterwards the game had a pretty consistent level of bad for the rest of the arc. Then it got worse again. Oh boy, did it get worse again.

I also went into Vestaria Saga with low expectation. I mean, how good could a no budget game on a glorified RPG Maker engine from a retired old man possibly be? Turns out: Pretty damn good.

And I went into Berwick Saga with high expectations and the game was still much better then I had anticipated.

I think going into games with high or low expectations is overrated. If a game is good, it's gonna be good whether you expect it to be or not.

Edited by BrightBow

I think the last game that disappointed me was Untitled Goose Game?

It was hyped up as some neat, quirky stealth game, but it ended up just being an obscure puzzler. Not really fun for me, tbh.

Still, I generally don't find myself disliking games all that much.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I own it, haha.

Or did. Sadly, one day years ago most of my PS2 games just about disappeared. I believe they were stolen, considering things, but it could never be proven.

Mine got scratched to an unreadable state. (I didn't do this on purpose)

So slightly worse than it already was.

Sadly not the only game of mine rendered unplayable by damage (I can't play the copy of SM64DS that landed in my lap because it bricks when getting a 1-up, R&C Gladiator fell out of the case and got scratched to oblivion, the last FIFA I got was damaged before I even got it, just off the top of my head).

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

am pretty sure you got Thunder already

*Looks in manual*

Ohhhhhhhhh.

But this is more like in fighting games where one of your moves has super armor and if you time it right, you get the benefits. Not exactly the same as an actual guard.

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Mine got scratched to an unreadable state. (I didn't do this on purpose)

So slightly worse than it already was.

Sadly not the only game of mine rendered unplayable by damage (I can't play the copy of SM64DS that landed in my lap because it bricks when getting a 1-up, R&C Gladiator fell out of the case and got scratched to oblivion, the last FIFA I got was damaged before I even got it, just off the top of my head).

Oh, I get that.

I also have a few games that are borderline or just outright unworkable now. Like my Ace Combat 04 disc, or Spyro 2 one. Well, the AC04 one works fine. It's just it doesn't seem to run the Mission Briefings anymore. Thankfully, I can still skip them.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

@Armagon 

R9Klsoa.jpg

from my own Nightmare playthrough right before desert boss that i put on hold after my Falcom meltdown

But this is more like in fighting games where one of your moves has super armor and if you time it right, you get the benefits. Not exactly the same as an actual guard.

Well, actual guard in modern Ys is super op, so...

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, I get that.

I also have a few games that are borderline or just outright unworkable now. Like my Ace Combat 04 disc, or Spyro 2 one. Well, the AC04 one works fine. It's just it doesn't seem to run the Mission Briefings anymore. Thankfully, I can still skip them.

Shoot, I just remembered the Spyro 2+3 disks were also damaged, as was GTA Vice City and San Andreas (there are 2 copies of those GTAs as a result). Pretty much all unreadable, though I could be wrong.

Just now, Dayni said:

Shoot, I just remembered the Spyro 2+3 disks were also damaged, as was GTA Vice City and San Andreas (there are 2 copies of those GTAs as a result). Pretty much all unreadable, though I could be wrong.

Admittedly, I bought them in the PSN some years back.

Too bad for AC04 I'd have to resort to emulation. Then again, I have a PS2 to dump the BIOs anyway.