• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Frowns only. Final Destination.

Also... she actually wearing a slightly different outfit there on the right? That red underskirt is definitely not there on the Japanese cover.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also... she actually wearing a slightly different outfit there on the right? That red underskirt is definitely not there on the Japanese cover.

Yeah, she is. I hadn't noticed. I prefer it, if only for the pop of color. Still, the change is odd.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yeah, she is. I hadn't noticed. I prefer it, if only for the pop of color. Still, the change is odd.

I suppose it combines with her arm ribbons.

Though I also noticed the heart-shaped hole under her armpit gets ruined on the American cover as well. Perhaps it's just the different posing, but still.

48 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nah, bees are cool.

But these aren't bees. These are demons.

Say that to that legions of carpenter bees that bored into my deck and backyard fencing for the past two months. They're gone now, but they made it impossible to enjoy the nice spring weather with so many buzzing around me. Wasps of both the yellow jacket and non-yellow jacket varieties joined on the springtime socialization too. I couldn't read outdoors since I had to divert my eyes to monitoring them so much.

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

778526457630031882.png?v=1

Really?

The one on the left is better. RIIIIIIIP.

Agreeing. The right one looks less like artwork, and somewhat more like an ingame screenshot, with a dull backdrop.

However, sometimes North America and or Europe do have better art than Japan.

NintendoLife has been doing (mostly Nintendo) box art comparison ad absurdum on this note.:

https://www.nintendolife.com/search?q=box+art+brawl&submit=Go

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Does she use Magdelene 16? (The gun attack, okay!?) as well?

I think when she becomes playable she does (she's one of the three playable villains, the other two being NxC's Saya and Tekken's Heihachi).

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

But Claude does the same tho.

He ain't no stepbro/first crush/polar opposite in terms of ideals, though.
Dimitri's and Edelgard's beef is a lot more personal. I know none of it is actually confirmed by the game, but the implications are there somewhat. I actually do agree that it's weird she didn't go all demon mode on the other routes (save SS, if we buy that she was too wounded to do it, because the Gronder battle was a lot more vicious on that route, apparently... shame we never got to play it *mumblegrumble*) GIMME MY DISCOUNT BATTLE OF CHIBI/YILING/WUZHANG PLAINS (it's kinda all three rolled into one, but it's mostly Chibi), DAMNIT! They advertised the friggin' game around it, so it's a godsdamned ripoff it only happens on two routes! *pant, pant* Sorry, but I needed to get that off my chest, because that is one of the more disappointing aspects of Three Houses for me.

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Damn straight. Do let me know of your plans!

Brigand/Warrior Flayn (maybe with Bolt Axe, if her strength ends up sucking)
War Master Hanneman! Complete with Aura Knuckles!

That is the plan for a possible next playthrough!

By the by, Magic Bow Hanneman is good, too! Worked like a charm!

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, to each their own. To be honest, I'm not that easy to spook. Not trying to brag or anything, but in-your-face stuff like this leaves me unfazed most of the time. It takes a special kind of horror to get to me, a more... Subtle one.

I'm usually the same way. I'm more one for psychological horror than outright in your face stuff, because that tends to just be gross and disgusting, not creepy. This... thing is one notable exception though. There's something just... wrong about it.
Granted, there is creepier things out there than this, things that make this look tame, in all honesty, but it is not something I would have expected Fire Emblem of all series to pull, which is probably why it got me so much.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

On that subject, the marks in her face makes it like Edelgard aged like 50 years or so.

Grannygard XD

---

Good morning, everyone!

While I'm in my "Three Houses' story is totally Dynasty Warriors lol" phase, may as well.

At least this would explain the Slither Buddies. Because without them, and the Church of Seiros, we would have had "Romance of the Three Kingdoms/Dynasty Warriors - Fire Emblem edition" on our hands. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

Hahahaha, oh no, @Saint Rubenio the heroic title I gave that character minutes before she died?

“the Last Standing”. Hahahaha… that shouldn’t be so funny.

Nice.

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

In retrospect, that death feels so so obvious.

Spoiler

Yeah, it is. But the game spends all of its Raven sections insisting that Folka is always right, and then when she's trying to talk Bolverk down he sort of doubts himself for just a second, so most people end up believing that Folka might be able to pull Bolverk back to the side of good through some trite speech about the power of friendship and love or some shit.

Except Banner Saga is not that kind of story, so instead she gets her throat slashed by the closest thing to a father she ever had and you feel like a dumbass.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ayo @Saint Rubenio i found the game that was made for you.

This is your kind of game.

Yes!

Beards!

GOTY! GOTY!

19 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Brigand/Warrior Flayn (maybe with Bolt Axe, if her strength ends up sucking)
War Master Hanneman! Complete with Aura Knuckles!

That is the plan for a possible next playthrough!

By the by, Magic Bow Hanneman is good, too! Worked like a charm!

I hope Hanneman destroys everything.

19 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm usually the same way. I'm more one for psychological horror than outright in your face stuff, because that tends to just be gross and disgusting, not creepy. This... thing is one notable exception though. There's something just... wrong about it.
Granted, there is creepier things out there than this, things that make this look tame, in all honesty, but it is not something I would have expected Fire Emblem of all series to pull, which is probably why it got me so much.

This is true. It's not something FE tends to do.

Took day off today since next week will become serious.

1gdwtwK.png?2

Just have beaten the story mode of Kirby Fighters 2 finally which was really rough.

This song is a good reward.

Since this game is done, I can continue with Kingdom Hearts III again. Gonna stream another part tomorrow and will give a feedback after this.

Edited by Zan Partizanne

cyft7ooa3k471.png

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ruben when the next FE is announced, afraid to even look because it might not be the 1 in 100000 chance that he gets what he wants.

Conquest 2 is what you want?

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Conquest 2 is what you want?

Conquest 2 would be good. I'd like a FE6 remake best, though. But everyone knows we're getting FE4, which will be a hard pass for me. Oh, well. Them's the breaks.

...first of all, I hope we get anything at all in E3, which isn't as much of a guarantee as some people seem to think.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'd like a FE6 remake best, though

that would be my worst nightmare, honestly

especially with how faithful FE remakes tend to be

Edited by Shrimperor