• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I finished Chapter 9, Jade got killed when a pegasus knight got two 7% critical hits in a row. What is life?

I am perhaps irrationally concerned about not letting any character fall too far behind, since there doesn't seem to be a reliable way for weaker units to catch up or to support grind (debating whether or not skirmishes are "reliable"). I only have 19 characters so far so I'll see how well it works out...

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Now how's this for discourse: Would Edelgard visit Sommie after every battle?

"Edelgard would set Sommie on fire and throw him at her enemies" -some people, probably. Sommie is immortal so he'd be alright afterwards.

3 hours ago, Green06 said:

There's not enough Veyle fanart

True! Not that I've looked since the game came out.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, if there's one character I think is going to get loads of fanart, it's Veyle. 06 is just impatient lol

I think the fanart hierarchy will be Ivy, Timmera, and probably Yunaka > Veyle > everyone else, give or take a few characters. So nobody you'd be interested in, except perhaps Sommie.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That would've been for the best. I know you already beat it, but I just wanna say, I didn't have that much trouble. I did it like this:

Reveal hidden contents
Spoiler

Well the thing was the reinforcements come at you too quickly. Like at the start of the map but more.

And sadly, my Etie did fall off after Ch.16.

After baiting Veyle, I had Micaiah!Ivy Warp four people to her, Seadall danced (I think more than ever a dancer is needed in this game), Ivy wrapped four more. After that, it was a matter of pelting Veyle with Emblem Skills, plus a Goddess Dance from Yunaka to get one more in.

It was a big brain strat that I'm proud of but I'm not a huge fan of the boss design there myself.

19 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Effie 2? I'll pass! Xd

A fair opinion. It is acceptable.

We duel at midnight.

12 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

"Edelgard would set Sommie on fire and throw him at her enemies" -some people, probably. Sommie is immortal so he'd be alright afterwards.

Plot twist: She didn't mean any harm. She fed Sommie hot spices and he just combusted. She was trying to throw him into the nearby lake, but missed and he landed on the enemies. Sommie was fine due to his Sommie powers.

12 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I think the fanart hierarchy will be Ivy, Timmera, and probably Yunaka > Veyle > everyone else, give or take a few characters. So nobody you'd be interested in, except perhaps Sommie.

Sommie is 100% getting fanart, so there's that. I expect Vandad will get something once in a blue moon. Etie too, Etie will get something, even if less than then boringer waifus. No chance for the rest of the Old Folk Club tho. People have zero taste.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hide contents

Well the thing was the reinforcements come at you too quickly. Like at the start of the map but more.

And sadly, my Etie did fall off after Ch.16.

After baiting Veyle, I had Micaiah!Ivy Warp four people to her, Seadall danced (I think more than ever a dancer is needed in this game), Ivy wrapped four more. After that, it was a matter of pelting Veyle with Emblem Skills, plus a Goddess Dance from Yunaka to get one more in.

It was a big brain strat that I'm proud of but I'm not a huge fan of the boss design there myself.

Fair enough. I guess not everyone was blessed with a godlike Etie as I was.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sommie is 100% getting fanart, so there's that. I expect Vandad will get something once in a blue moon. Etie too, Etie will get something, even if less than then boringer waifus. No chance for the rest of the Old Folk Club tho. People have zero taste.

Plot twist: Louis

20230127_084826.jpg

Oh I didn't realize they put Fomortiis in. That art goes hard.

Who's left now? Not counting Sombron, there's Veld or whatever his name is, Nergal and Nemesis left.

Sombron will be in the game before Nergal.

Finally finish Ch. 17.. phew

well, what can i say.. spoiler:

Spoiler

this is one of my favorite chapter map, taking into account what happen in story context, and in terms of gameplay.

First, Story. one of the mystery gets untangled, Alfred become emotional due to her country(side) burning. And, no-less-important is King hyacinth been brought back to life to fight the party again. I gotta say, Ivy the best girl got the most of character development out of all Royal Heir at this point. From Being enemy, tossed aside, having her father betrayed and killed, joining former enemy and potentially labelled as traitors, now she's forced to face her father again now as a thrall / expendable pawn.

as for gameplay, its an even, fair-challenge , with no BS spawn, a sizeable army but segmented enough not to overwhelm you too much. With the map full of fire hazard making it more dramatic and affect both army but not annoying like ch.15 long slog. Bosses move at different pace but not too early, not too late. I'm forced to use everything at disposal , make the most of every skill to make sure everyone survive. Considering the fight is a 6 ring vs 6 ring also hype the battle since they use it almost to the full potential too, barring the Final Divine weapons. a lot of unexpected MVP here, as Celine as support with Lucina Bonded shield saves many occasion even tho i rarely used it before. really makes me use everything at disposal skillfully unlike before

of course i use Ivy to battle her father, and the drama also gets deeper that Ivy now even more sadder but also getting new resolve.

OH THANK  GOD ITS NOT A DUBSTEP, BUT ACTUALLY GOOD SOUNTRACK

a very satisfying chapter!

this ch. makes Ivy best girl all over again

Edited by joevar

47 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No chance for the rest of the Old Folk Club tho. People have zero taste.

Look on the bright side, it's a miracle that Engage has old playable characters in the first place.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Fomortiis's battle theme:

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Who's left now? Not counting Sombron, there's Veld or whatever his name is, Nergal and Nemesis left.

Veld and Nemesis were actually added a while ago, but Anankos is still missing for some reason.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

I am perhaps irrationally concerned about not letting any character fall too far behind, since there doesn't seem to be a reliable way for weaker units to catch up or to support grind (debating whether or not skirmishes are "reliable"). I only have 19 characters so far so I'll see how well it works out...

There's always the arena. Sure, it's quite RNG dependent, but even losing gives you a bit of EXP, so that's better than nothing.

14 minutes ago, joevar said:

this ch. makes Ivy best girl all over again

Preach.

13 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Anankos

I completely forgot about him lmao RIP.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

There's always the arena. Sure, it's quite RNG dependent, but even losing gives you a bit of EXP, so that's better than nothing.

Does sleeping refresh the arena uses or it every time you return to Somniel after a battle?

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Does sleeping refresh the arena uses or it every time you return to Somniel after a battle?

After a battle, yes.

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

doing tempest trial count too. if you have the patience. but its practically zero risk .

and by that i mean, the arena reset. not the grinding.  it reset everything just like after a chapter battle: arena, party placement (chef, minigame, etc), also SOMMIE

Edited by joevar

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

20230127_084826.jpg

Sombron will be in the game before Nergal.

Ehhh I dunno about Sombron. Engage has the Four Hounds to be added as villains before Sombron. Unless they do a Hounds banner lol

Look on the bright side, it's a miracle that Engage has old playable characters in the first place.

Oh I agree. They even did their best to keep the old people not called Vandad out of the marketing. They are completely irrelevant, so the only possible reason is that they were deathly afraid that the game would flop if people knew there were geriatrics in it.

Anankos is still missing for some reason.

Who needs Pineapples when you already have Best Villain Garon.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Who needs Pineapples when you already have Best Villain Garon.

Wait, I thought Takumi was Pineapples?

Lobster and Pineapple...

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To be honest, I never quite got that. Is it because of the hairdo? Anankos is two letters off of ananas.

¿¡Como que Ananas a la Piña!?

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To be honest, I never quite got that. Is it because of the hairdo? Anankos is two letters off of ananas.

I'd say the spikey hair right behind the red hairband does resemble the greenery of an ananas, yeah, with his head being the fruit.

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Ch.22 is peak peak. 

And there are exactly enough units for that.

Spoiler

So one of the male Hounds will be replaced with Veyle, got it.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

11 hours ago, FlyingKitsune said:

C'mon, don't you like the 2 identical bald bandits trope that has consistently appeared through the franchise?

Timerra better.

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ahahaha, Ivy one-rounds Ike!

Sorry Sooks, but Ivy is best girl, not Timerra.

“I see… so this is the path you have chosen. You are just another failure.”

Gameplay wise, Ivy is pretty ridiculous though. She’s just Camilla 2.0 if Camilla was actually insanely good at magic.

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Meh.

...next run I gotta use her.

Should be your number 1 priority.

And Pandreo. This is hypocritical because I haven’t really been using retainers but if I were, Pandreo.

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Why be worried about letting any character fall behind when you can only bring a set amount to each map?

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

True! Not that I've looked since the game came out.

I think it’ll be female royals + Yunaka + Veyle + Alear > male royals > every other female character > every other male character. So far, at least.