Deirdre: Fated Saint - Legendary Hero Battle

Xenomata

FbeKcvZXwAAMQsb?format=png&name=orig

The mysterious maiden whose existence is tied to the final Holy War... Deirdre's high Atk and Res are only further improved by Spirit Forest Writ, inflicting a massive Atk and Res debuff on her enemies so long as she is within 3 spaces of an ally as well as getting a guaranteed follow-up attack. With her effectiveness against Dragons and disabling of adaptive damage in place, any Dragon units who try to face her are doomed from the start. Her special, Circlet of Balance, is a variant of Iceberg that also comes with a once-per-map Miracle effect as long as she is initiating combat/her opponents Range is 2 and someone has either a charged Special or has triggered their Special. Suffice to say, she won't be going down easily.

Dragons and Julius cannot hope to compare to Deirdre's might, but she can still be defeated by other means...

[map goes here]

@Diovani Bressan Nice clear! Ninja weapon Marths are a force to be reckoned with. This map was surprisingly easy for an Abyssal indeed, you had no trouble here!

This is the easiest Abyssal map I can remember in quite a while. Enemy within 3 spaces and nothing that's ridiculously hard to kill. After clearing it I decided to hit auto just for fun to see how the AI went about it, and it actually got really close so I just tweaked a few skills to make things play out right and ended up with this clear.

@Diovani Bressan Legendary Marth got a kill! Nice!

@BoaFerox It's funny seeing an auto battle handling a one-turn clear. Great clear!

@Landmaster Good thing Miracle saved the day~ It didn't look too hard to beat this map.

I actually messed up on this recording and let Catria get hit by the bow. Ooops

Micaiah couldn't beat Deirdre and the dragons couldn't damage her at all, so I had to use Naesala instead. Lilith's support partner keeps getting swapped, but Fallen Lilith is glued to Grima to make her invincible~

I'm lost : D

Mininerve was always going to be the one to land the finishing blow on Deirdre. Galeforce was useful in helping her clear out the map better.
Keaton was... well, Keaton. His new refine meant he could get stronger and guaranteed a special trigger every combat.
Reyson was brought along as a direct result of Keaton's inclusion.
Miriel was... technically a filler unit, since Mininerva and Keaton had almost everything under control and the one unit she was brought in for, the Far Save armor unit, couldn't be one-rounded by her in Abyssal, but it was pretty neat how she was able to take out that Lance Flier at the end there.

Is bashing my head against a gimmick until it breaks "acting unwise" if it works?

People were calling this one easy, but none of my dragon dancers have the raw damage output needed to clown on Deirdre and I couldn't clear out all the enemies within three spaces of her no matter what I tried, so I actually had to engage with her mechanics. Unsurprisingly it was Silvia who dueled her, but getting her in Galeforce range at that moment was tough to figure out due to Deirdre's Tempo turning Flashing Blade off. Aside from Deirdre herself, there was also that godawful Bow Fighter loaded on all the Defense, so my only counter to him was to load up Puddle with all the Defense.

I wouldn't say it was smooth sailing after those two problem enemies were taken out since the Red Mage was also annoying as hell, but once I could get a shot at her Merrybilis was able to handle the rest comfortably; she finally got to do something with her tanky statline!

@Diovani Bressan I can see how you had little trouble with this map. The marthes really carved a way through it.

@BoaFerox Wait there is something your Ogtana can't one round? But nice clear. Always nice to see mage tana get a piece of the action

@Landmaster Ldeirdre looked like she'd be a though opponent for the elise squad, but her mage tanking was no match for Selise.

Those two vulture mages where pretty big jerks, but other then that I did't spend too much time either. The orphans are on break and instead its my two new +10's and their buddies.

@SatsumaFSoysoy @MagicCanonBalls

• 1 month later...

@GuiltyLove - V!Palla ran through much of the map at the start. It was tough running away from Deirdre, but there was only so far she could get before she walked into her own demise.

Lillith's team makes me wonder what other types of alts she can get. She has speedy and tanky. Maybe she'll get a Healer at some point.

@Some Jerk - That is the thiccest Puddles I have ever seen. The Canto weapons make for some nice extra movement for Larum and Silvia.

@Sasori - Lex is a real menace. Didn't seem to pose much of a challenge to the boys, but that's a nicely built Caspar~

• 6 months later...

The red mage with the Oath skill messed up a lot of attempts, but I finally made it.
I've only got 2 more abyssal to tackle (Ullr excluded), and then I'll be over with the necroposting (not yet for the GHBs though)