Mythic Hero Battle - Arval: Cycle Keeper

Landmaster

Surprised this battle wasn't posted yet~ Though it was admittedly probably a tough fight~

With some new fodder for Elise and S!Elise, it wasn't too hard. Arval was obviously the hardest here but his TA doesn't mean much against Dazzling Staff~

I've had a bit of a feh break for the last hero battle, but now my gremlins are taking on this Gremlin. Though Roy and his new toy probably carried here. Mystic boost 4 also makes sure that from now on those clerics can't bully my Chad any longer.

@Diovani Bressan @SatsumaFSoysoy @BoaFerox 

@Landmaster Oh hey its the new Elise. She did luck out in the art department and is now a even bigger demon. Mira was also a real imposing wall. Arval meanwhile survived longer then most, but even they could't stand being gravitied.

That bat is the real boss of the map and you can't convince me otherwise.

Decided to give Olivia's GFR kit a try. It works better than expected, as from what I gather, all that DR is the reason why Arval didn't take a shot at her when they had the chance. Instead I had more trouble with the Blue Cavalier shutting off Olivia's healing with Fatal Smoke, but she recovered enough HP beforehand to get things done. Arval's Oath leapfrog right in front of Olivia was funny though - it's as if he knew what was coming and asked Olivia to be gentle. (She was not gentle.)

Instead, most of my time was spent figure out how to tank the damn Green Bat. I couldn't figure out why Olivia, a Def-based Red, could not tank a Green, and Larum being built for Spd wasn't able to double her. It took me longer than it should've to finally check the bat's skillset and realize she had effective 88 Spd at best, meaning Olivia's Spd-based DR just didn't exist to her. Instead I had to get crafty with Merrybilis positioning to lower her Atk enough.

Edited by Some Jerk

@Landmaster Cute Elise! Her fairy outfit is adorable! I was a bit nervous with everyone crowding in at the end, but the Gravity effect came in useful vs Arval. Mirabilis withstood many attacks!

@Some Jerk That looked unpleasant, but Olivia managed to survive so many attacks. The bat was definitely the real boss. None of my units could double it.

I cleared it first with the Whitewings rather quickly once I decided to stop being stubborn and just Galeforce more. Unfortunately, Minerva isn't good enough for some of these Abyssal maps now 😞 Catria just swatted the bat out of the sky with one hit 

The Lilith/Grima team was a lot harder and I even messed up many attempts after I successfully cleared it once, which is why the video still looks a bit sloppy. I finally got Halloween Grima after two years, but her unmerged self isn't enough to help out with this map, so I just decided to use the new Rearmed version. I typically only like using fliers, so I was very reluctant to switch. Nevertheless, I'll use any sort of Grima out there 😄 Even with her defenses, she barely survived the bat! Ugh! I actually needed to use Grima's original Cancel Affinity skill to help her survive the blue tome

Edited by GuiltyLove

12 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Surprised this battle wasn't posted yet~ Though it was admittedly probably a tough fight~

Yeah uhhhh about that, as the person who made himself into the Leg/Myth Hero Battle poster who makes the thread at like 2am the night of release, I... flatout forgot there was a Mythic Hero Battle.
So... my bad 😐
Anyway here's a clear I figured out in like 10 minutes of unlocking Abyssal.

At this point I've pretty much accepted that Nina is just THAT unit for me. You know THAT unit, they're the unit that always appears in that persons clears and might not be the most popular unit often seen, but by Nephenee's lance do they make that unit look good. And since she's THAT unit for me, I gave her some new skills! (ASideal4 and ASoath4) The ARideal in the SS slot was just to see if I even needed to give her more Spd (spoiler: I didn't)
The Queen of Ghosts may as well be an overpowered unit thanks to Arcane Grima, but all that really did was give her a guaranteed follow-up all of one time... which fair is fair that was on Player Phase, wouldn't have been able to replicate that otherwise.
Man, if IS keeps holding out on giving Dancers refines, they're gonna be liable to give them overpowered refines after waiting to give them any... anyway here's LegAzura doing her thing.
Why yes I did give Ilyana Fury 7 for no real reason outside of finding the idea of a little kid having such beefy stats funny, what gave that away?

Naga and Ilyana have had their Hero Battle debut, LegAzura may as well be the director at this point, and Nina is the main lead actress. Fair is fair, Whitecap Bow is really good.

Edited by Xenomata

Well, this was an easy map. Also, I only realized that I didn't need Null Follow-Up seal on Young Marth after I uploaded the video, but having it add an extra charm to the damage numbers.

@Landmaster You did a great job in this map. OG Elise, now Fairy Elise, is always useful in setting the Gravity, so you can slow the boss while the rest can defeat the remaining foes.

@Sasori Nice additions to your team! The Arcane Sword goes well on Roy, making him very strong! And Mystic Boost 4 on Chad is also a great pick, allowing him to take less damage and healing back after combat. It was cool to see Roy soloing the right side of the map, while the kids dealt with the left side. Arval saw Roy going crazy there, and say "no no, I am going after the kids".

@Some Jerk Oh my! Your Olivia got a huge upgrade from the last time I saw her. That kit is amazing! I got surprised that Arval didn't attack Olivia in Turn 3, considering she was in their attacking range. I guess Arval was scared and knew they had no chance.

@GuiltyLove I liked the Grima & Lilith Team video. Cancel Affinity is a rare skill to see being used. I guess that Rave Tome mage was causing problems to a point you needed to use it, hm? And of course the Macedon's warriors would have no problems against Arval. I like perfect kills, and that kill on the blue mage with Palla thanks to Catria's Spd/Def Rein was pretty nice.

@Xenomata I liked the selection of units here. Outside Azura, the others are not common units to see players using (I guess Naga is too recent to be included to that group). Arcane Grima on Naga is a funny choice, even though it is the best weapon for her. And wow... Ilyana went wild! She is pretty strong.

I experimented with a new team on this map, with slightly more modern units than usual (motivated by Eliwood's remix). Nino still wound up getting the boss-kill, which was nice, as was not having to keep her within 2 spaces of her buffer and also having Canto. Fallen Edelgard put in work, of course, while Christmas Mirabilis... existed, I guess? All in all, I like my new team, though I do miss Cordelia's Galeforce shenanigans.

@Landmaster Yay Resplendent Elise! And she was really crucial for this battle too, a really great debut for her! Nice job playing around Arval's annoying Guard stuff.

@Sasori Oo, Arcane Eljudnir on Roy is definitely a great buff to him! I liked how he mentioned his "new power" when the map started too, very fitting. Powerful team as usual, nice clear!

@Some Jerk Wow, such an amazing Olivia! She pulled off some absolutely fantastic feats with that. Also, I realized now that I don't think I've seen Godlike Reflexes' animation before since I've only really used it in Summoner Duels where animations are off. Olivia surrounded in light is definitely quite cool! The amount of Spd they're willing to put on these Bats is insane, I'm glad that one wasn't part of the starting lineup so I had to deal with it in the one-turn clear.

@GuiltyLove Nice clears! Despite not being a flier, Rearmed Grima was definitely a great addition to the dragon team. It's funny seeing how much faster the Whitewing clear was in comparison though, some Galeforcing definitely speeds things up!

@Xenomata Nice clear, some really well invested units here! Was funny how much Ilyana just kept fighting at 1 HP while stuff couldn't damage her. Fun to see Nina do work as well!

@Diovani Bressan Strong showing by the Marths! Groom Marth always looks a bit funny to me when he's sort of "stabbing" with a Hammer, but it definitely kills armors! 

Some rather funky starting positions on this map, but an enemy within 3 spaces made it a lot easier than it first looked. It also meant the Tanas didn't need to hit the dance button, which is a plus! Arval cheating with a pre charged special was pretty annoying when I wanted to take them out with a ranged unit, but luckily it meant I could get some rare use out of Pulse Smoke.

@BoaFerox I generally don't use Galeforce or any of the shield specials because I like hearing special quotes lol, but I figured that I should make the Whitewing clear easier for myself. I don't generally use Pulse Smoke often except in these maps, but even Grima has a hard time keeping up with stats despite her remix and refine, so I couldn't use it here. Good thing you got some use out of it so that Arval couldn't retaliate with his special. The teleportation from the Oath 4 skill caught me off guard a few times...

I'd probably pull for more Rearmed Grima merges, but right now I'm just going to save until Spring Michalis even though he's going to be the TT unit

• 2 months later...