Schoolteacher Mafia

eclipse

Ability to come online =/= time to read the thread and post significant content.

This could be a PR so I don't really wanna complain about that.

"I'm terrible but Paperblade is worse" is neither good scumhunting nor a good defense.

##Vote: NekoRex because she hasn't said a single thing to look more townish.

I'm responding to the last part of your post.

Do you think that NekoRex is scummy, or just not townie? Noting that scummy =/= not townie. Note the difference in these two terms.

Yeah, I just noticed this post existed now... =.=

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'd like to do this for now...

##Unvote

##Vote: Shinori

I kinda just feel like claiming.

This sounds like a threat and feels like a preemptive attempt to guard against future votes. Also non-committal overall:

1. "Forgive me if I'm wrong though.

2. "But that's just me."

3. Delayed Paperblade vote (not wanting to triple post is a rather poor justification and doesn't sound like something you'd think about in the middle of an argument, compare to his first vote as well which only happened after Prims pointed out that it was missing).

Then there's the various content related issues that others talked about already.

Since that's only the second vote on Shinori, priority of current wagons: NecoRex >= Manix > Paperblade

Not interested in lynching Paper due to his claim, and I think about half of the Manix votes had a poor justification, so NecoRex jumps to the top via process of elimination. That being said, I'd definitely prefer a Shinori lynch over any of these three as of right now.

Didn't carefully look into Manix's interactions with Mancer yet, and can't recall all the reasons for the NekoRex votes right now, so that order is subject to change.

Other than that... still not liking scorri too much. Got nothing new here really, it's mostly based on the various misinterpretations that are involved in her interactions.

Would like Prims to explain why he doesn't think NekoRex is mafia since I believe you didn't actually do so yet.

First of all, I don't like how Paperblade has been jumping around the issues brought up to him. I disapprove for his vote on me too. As Prims said best, my vote on Lucina was not opportunistic, and my switch to Paperblade has been aggressive.

You might notice up until I switched my vote from scorri that I hadn't noticed much interesting going on in the thread, and it took rocker's posts and paperblade's complaining about the wagons respectively to notice how scummy they were. It's called "rereading" and I have to do it a lot sometimes to get any proper reads from it.

(I really hate how I have to buddy with Prims to defend myself, but apparently people who have votes on me don't listen very well to defense)

##Unmeow because claim, but not real convinced.

Could see it as a way for a scumbuddy to "town confirm" him, but I don't think scum could make a gambit that poorly planned.

Also serves as a "why I didn't die" excuse since he can't be NK'd with the commute.

If his neighbor turns out to be the scum lynch, I'm going to gun for him tomorrow again.

Right now I don't really like where Shinori is in this game because now he really is just posting to fight with Paperblade and isn't touching up on the other things going on in the game. He hasn't even commented on me so far since people started voting me everywhere.

scorri is tunneling hard on me and I don't have much more to comment on then that. Her reasoning for vote isn't even all that good. Might switch my vote to her. Needs to stop buddying with Paperblade.

Not sure where Manix is getting the coasting accusation. I'm pushing lynches and scumhunting. If I wanted to coast I'd just park a vote. Dislike his content so far, not looking much better then the players he replaced.

What's bluedoom's reason for voting me?

The rest of this is just Mancer v Manix so I'll make another post once I read all that.

Kay's vote is bad because she's voting for sarcasm and has no other clear reasons for the vote. Has no content otherwise so I'll withhold judgment.

Sorry, no time right now to make a proper post, so I'll just ##Unvote in light of the Friendly Townie claim.

I'll try to dig up more on Scorri, because I'm not getting a good impression from her posts. Also Balcerzak's post where he popped in, said he might vote Paper, and then didn't do anything after that seemed really lazy and unhelpful, considering all the stuff that he could have commented on unrelated to Paper, if he didn't want to vote someone who was absent.

Mancer, you might be mixing up games or people, because I don't think I've said anything about SB, or defended myself so far. I also don't really agree with Manix's reasons for finding Mancer scummy, or the vice-versa. I think the wagon on Lucinallen was crap, and the proposal that Lucina might have been lying about the PR to coast seems grasping to me. And Manix's points against him seem to be mainly based off overreaction, which is not always a scumtell.

Secondly, I think that NekoRex is looking pretty bad at this moment. She has used quite a lot of fluff, and in her latest posts, she decided to defend herself more than to scum hunt. While she has posted a lot of content, she has contributed very little interns of reads and such, finding Scorri scummy for a misinterpreted post then starting an argument with Scorri over a subjective issue that served to not help with scum hunting.
Voting for lack of reads isn't really that great of a reason this early in the game, especially since I posted multiple times I wasn't able to get any proper reads off the ED1 posts anyway, it was mostly null stuff. Furthering the game has provided more insight obviously, so I'd like an updated stance on that.

Did you add "misinterpreting" as a reason for the vote? If you did, I don't think user error counts as a scumslip, especially when I don't exactly know any of your posting styles.

Explain how I have content without contribution. I've been scumhunting. Do I need a full spectrum of reads to be considered a townie, too?

Scorri gives me bad gut and I don't like her content/tunneling, and that's good enough reason to continue to dislike her.

Your entire #237 was comprehensive but very fluffed up imo. Just some criticism.

Rest of the Necro/Manix thing was pretty null and I didn't pick up much from it.

Dislike scorri the most out of all my reads, so meow goes there.

##Meow: scorri

Dislike Shinori (would use him as a secondary), still want Paper lynched if his roleclaim doesn't work out. Other reads are in posts above, but most of them are on people too lacking in content to properly convict.

Still want a votecount. I'm the only big wagon as of now, so naturally I'll be more then willing claim early and Not Me Over Me at this stage if I must. A bunch of you need to post a lot more.

I think I'd like to do this for now...

##Unvote

##Vote: Shinori

This sounds like a threat and feels like a preemptive attempt to guard against future votes. Also non-committal overall:

1. "Forgive me if I'm wrong though.

2. "But that's just me."

3. Delayed Paperblade vote (not wanting to triple post is a rather poor justification and doesn't sound like something you'd think about in the middle of an argument, compare to his first vote as well which only happened after Prims pointed out that it was missing).

Then there's the various content related issues that others talked about already.

Since that's only the second vote on Shinori, priority of current wagons: NecoRex >= Manix > Paperblade

Not interested in lynching Paper due to his claim, and I think about half of the Manix votes had a poor justification, so NecoRex jumps to the top via process of elimination. That being said, I'd definitely prefer a Shinori lynch over any of these three as of right now.

Didn't carefully look into Manix's interactions with Mancer yet, and can't recall all the reasons for the NekoRex votes right now, so that order is subject to change.

Other than that... still not liking scorri too much. Got nothing new here really, it's mostly based on the various misinterpretations that are involved in her interactions.

Would like Prims to explain why he doesn't think NekoRex is mafia since I believe you didn't actually do so yet.

Kay, don't really get reasoning 1 and 2 but whatever. Could you explain what those two quotes are even there for? What was bad about me stating my opinions and thoughts on the situations at hand. If anything I'm pretty sure both of those could have gone in the same spot.

I'd like to know how my case was shit because a) Its ok to gun for a lynch even if it ends day phase early? and b) That vote was lazy and you know it.

You voted me for reasons you could have attacked any of the damn wagon for and misrepped my Lucina vote as a votepark when I was legit voting him to push for a lynch.

Want to kneejerk vote Mancer because HOLY SHIT STOP PUTTING A MILLION SPACES BETWEEN EVERY PARAGRAPH IT MAKES SCROLLING THROUGH YOUR POSTS INSUFFERABLE. 2 at most. Unless that's PR in which case why, eclipse, why. Also this is totally something scum do (source: Trafalgar).

I'm not happy that rocker vanished.

Prims, did you answer Elieson's question?

Im mafia for real and you wouldn't have needed to ask this had you checked your list of scumbuddies.

Feel free to vote me though, tbh I really don't care

You should not be saying this shit ever (even though irritatingly it's a meta towntell).

For real, though, guys, can we not lynch NNR? Any argument that could made about Lucinawagon2EZ can also be made about NNR, whose patterns read more whimsical than opportunistic and yet he's drawing awful wagon hops from the entire game. I mean look at those votes from Kay and Bluedoom, damn.

I think Manix looks cleaner after his recent posts but his playerslot is still kinda spotty. Continuing to read to see who my vote will be on, though if the wagons come down to Manix / NNR I'll vote Manix as I believe he is much likelier to flip scum.

This is the third time I've tried to type up a post and I accidentally clicked to check a different page. Damnit.

My activity's lameness has been a combination of FE12, school and me being generally frustrated and unsure on reads.

Rocker looks pretty bad though from what I've seen of him, jumping in placing a vote on the Lucina wagon (which I'm not particularly sure WHAT I think of at this moment in time), saying it's his biggest concern, and not saying who his other scumreads were. Then his argument with Llen, followed by an active lurking post. Fun stuff.

I suppose Paper's town if he proves his role, otherwise he's been looking pretty shady with mostly unmemorable posts, however he brings up some good points on Shinori, when he's not spouting 1 liners).

##Unvote

##Vote: Rocker64

Also, who's NNR? Mancer?

Okay quick thoughts:

1. I still find NekoRex the scummiest in this game right now for previously stated reasons (which for the record isn't because of sarcasm). Also I'm not sure why he switched off his vote on Lucinallen (Manix is playing better but if you find a playerslot scummy from before that's still a thing) to seemingly tunnel more on scorri (I think that's been his biggest scumread for just about the entire game).
  2. I'd be fine with a scumnori lynch as well since he's only contributed when prodded by someone and otherwise hasn't done much.
  3. I'm still suspicious of SB because I've seen him lurking a couple times only to never post anything, and he's been otherwise really forgettable.
  4. Is it just me or has Marth been looking really bad this game? His Prims vote was terrible, then Blitz calls him out for overreacting (what?) and then he jumps on one of the biggest wagons for seemingly no reason. This playerslot in general has also been pretty forgettable, and while Blitz has played alright so far I think Marth is leaning slightscum so far. Would lynch the previous three before him though.
  5. I think Manix/Mancer argument is townie fighting atm. Both playerslots (well since Manix switched in anyway) have been actively scumhunting and trying to contribute to discussion and make things happen, which is a towntell to me. Wrt to Manix though, his playerslot before still didn't look good, and though I agree with Paper that his wagon didn't look good, Lucinanellen's scumminess can't just be forgotten.
  6. Actually when I think about it I'm getting a slight scumread on Kay right now (but barely since she hasn't posted much) because like Prims stated before me her NekoRex vote felt lazy. She hasn't really posted much content either and has been forgettable. However, I feel like this is mostly because she hasn't been online much this weekend due to RL stuff, so even though I don't like her posts right now we should probably give her a bit more time to post something before I focus on this more.

Manix: If you're town then please stop being a passive-aggressive douche when responding to people because it makes me want to read you as scum. I felt you were buddying me because like half your first contentpost hinged around "Prims looks good / I agree with Prims" etc. Also your content so far reads a lot like Bear_Knight, are you absolutely sure that was Snike and not you?

So right now, the only wagons we really have support to build are Manix, Shinori and NNR. Wow all three of those are people I think are town, fuck you guys.

##Unvote

##Vote: MancerNecro

To be honest, I don't even need to defend myself against your weak cases anymore because you have proven to not be able to come up with solid enough a reason to vote me.

following posts are huge walls of Mancer getting upset at Manix

lolllll

Mancer's vote on NNR is hilariously stupid ("NNR hasn't really contributed?" uhhh no he's been posting reads on players, what more do you want. It's like you mixed him up with Kay or Bal or somebody), at this point he's just using an inaccurate attack to cling to a bad wagon. His back-and-forth with Manix is BAAAAAD, he's passive-aggressively taking potshots at Manix for attacking him when nothing Manix is doing is actually stagnating discussion or whatever. There's this whole "back off, you're making me find you scummier" spiel which is presented defensively instead of actually aggressing Manix, which is the shittiest way to react to a vote possible.

Also Manix is super town actually so sheeping him, d/w. Ideally this could take off if Shinori switches back to Mancer.

I'm also okay with scorri wagon if that takes off, her ED1 was poor and her case that Neko switched off Lucina in reaction to being pressed for doing so doesn't actually take context or his tone into account (imo that's pretty obviously not the case), but she's not actually that terrible. Again if I could lynch anybody it'd be Bluedoom-Blitz but nobody cares so that's what vigs are for.

These train posts are pretty terrible lmao oh well.

Helios (1) - Balcerzak

MancerNecro (3) - Manix, Prims, Shinori

Manix (4) - Bananas, Elieson, Rocker64, Prims

NekoRex (5) - scorri, MancerNecro, Helios, Kay, Marth

scorri (1) - Nekorex

Shinori (2) - Paperblade, Kaoz,

Rocker64(1) - SB

Not voting - Baldrick

That should be accurate. I added my vote from this post to it already.

With that being said I don't really want to lynch Manix and would prefer mancer lynch over Neko.

##Vote: Mancer

NNR = NekoRex. He has two Nekos in his name on another forum and it's shorter to type.

Bananas, do you really expect a Rocker wagon to even take off at this point? Day only has about 7 hours left so it'd basically be a last minute wagon, plus most people who're currently around don't find Rocker scummy. I personally just want him to post.

Helios (1) - Balcerzak

Manix (4) - Bananas, Elieson, Rocker64, Prims

scorri (1) - Nekorex

Rocker64(1) - SB

Not voting - Baldrick

Really silly of me.

Fix'd.

Helios (1) - Balcerzak

Manix (3) - Bananas, Elieson, Rocker64

scorri (1) - Nekorex

Rocker64(1) - SB

Not voting - Baldrick

What the actual fuck even happened while I was away.

First of all, going to make a response to Manix.

I'm not Mancer so I can't (and won't) address stuff that you're pointed out at him alone. However, I would like to point out this.

(Side meta point: This is very out of character for Mancer but this is weak)

(Also his post tone reads reasonably off from the normal, something is being forced here.)

Ever consider that maybe it's because we're a HYDRA and I've been coaching him on general mafia tips? Not to mention that maybe he's trying to find a mafia style that works for him?

Boron's follow up post here also feels forced. Justifying the "this is a reaction vote" by Mancer by saying he was overzealous isn't quite a good enough justification. You have time before you post, it's not like you're in a rush to post either. Thinking about what you say before you say it is a part of the game. When you don't, you can slip (as such). I'm not happy with the justification because it's weak at best.

I already explained in my second post in this game that my "justification" to Mancer's vote was misreading on my part. People make mistakes when they're distracted, okay? Also, while I agree that "you have time before you post", you do realize that some people are just naturally impulsive and others are more careful? This is really starting to border into playstyle/personality stuff and I really don't want to start arguing about that.

The contradictions thing has already been explained. We're not the same person. There was misreading on my part, and we weren't able to discuss some things due to not being online at the same time. I know mafia is about pointing out contradictions and finding scum, but do you really expect absolute perfect communication between hydras?

and the proposal that Lucina might have been lying about the PR to coast seems grasping to me.

I can understand why you would think this, but I actually have good reason to believe that the PRs aren't as simple as we think they are or that they may actually be important. Can't say anything more than this for now.

Prims, you do realize that NekoRex has votes from people besides this slot? What makes this vote worse than that of everyone else's? I can't say much about the back-and-forth between Mancer and Manix, other than that I agree it was bad. What else can I say other than that I think it was blown out of proportion and that we're not scum as you seem to think? And why is Manix super town?

I'm busy and don't have time at the moment to write out much else. I will most likely be here for phase end though. Also, I happen to enjoy this game right now and playing as a hydra. If I get lynched I will hate you forever, and I am not kidding.

I just want to say I really don't like the "my vote was bad but everyone else's votes were bad too so that's okay right?" defense because it really doesn't defend you or Mancer since you're basically admitting it was bad. However, I still think your playerslot is more town than the other's I talked about earlier since Mancer at least is trying his best to scumhunt and I think it's one of his better games he's played. Would prefer a Neko, Shinori, or Manix lynch at this point over the current Mancer/Boron wagon.

Ugh, 7 hours left? I don't think I can push a lynch for scorri like this, even if other people have found him not very good (as far as I recall without rereading for the 871th time)

Shinori is my secondary and I would rather see him lynched over myself, so

##Unmeow

##Meow: Shinori

Also more aggravating vote reasonings on me

Okay quick thoughts:

1. I still find NekoRex the scummiest in this game right now for previously stated reasons (which for the record isn't because of sarcasm). Also I'm not sure why he switched off his vote on Lucinallen (Manix is playing better but if you find a playerslot scummy from before that's still a thing) to seemingly tunnel more on scorri (I think that's been his biggest scumread for just about the entire game).

Holy cow can you be any more wrong? How have I been tunneling on scorri? I haven't even had a vote on her for most of the day. Yeah she's been one of my biggest scumreads, but I've been talking about all sorts of people, and not just her. Where the hell are you pulling this?

I don't really see how the case on Mancer works out, but that might be because I can barely read his hueglarge posts as is. Naturally I can agree his vote on me is pretty awful, but I can say that for just about all the votes on me.

Same goes for Manix as far as general unreadability. Last I checked he didn't really see all that town to me, though.

Claim upcoming.