Touhou NOCfia - Game Over

Prims

...if you wanted to claim you could have just done it, like i did D1

purposely acting scummy and getting a wagon on you so you can claim is dubious at best and scummy as heck at worst

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Manix and SB, Blitz. A townie purposely acting scummy only serves to put negative attention on you, which lets real scum go undetected and distracts the rest of the town if you become a main focus. Also, not everyone is going to buy "I was doing it on purpose" as a reason or an excuse for your play.

Also, if you wanted to and had to claim, why didn't you just do so straight up instead of "acting scummy"?

okay sorry about that, I was gonna make a post when I got back but kind of didn't, and then went to bed early on account of feeling ill. Still feel like crap (the first thing i did when i woke up was get myself a drink then forget about it 30 seconds later and knocked it over) but stupidly short day phases mean i better at least do something. gonna try and get something coherent up now.

@Xinnidy, by "basically no reads" I meant like one. And I'm pretty sure I mentioned that in one of my other posts when I said his vote felt pretty weak since it was his sole scumread (also why is everyone deciding to randomly yell out that paperblade it townie as fuck, how is it helping?

Proto's first D2 post was pretty awful, considering he just points out the obvious and continues to ignore everything going on around him. Don't see why he included ZM and Shinori here if they were null reads, and it sounds almost like he's making an excuse for Blitz. Same thing here too, where he's like "guys can we not lynch Blitz". I know that they're friends, but it still kind of pings me for some reason.

Since apparently before I didn't say Marth's out of the blue summary post feels pretty scummy to me, pretty sure I already said that it's basically just retelling stuff with no reads of his own in there. His post here telling Objection to do something other is pretty hypocritical imo, since all he's done was vote for Blitz with the reasoning "Y u nightactionspeccing?" His early content is pretty thin on the ground in general. He votes Kevin here for being "opportunistic", then says here that he doesn't like him using a blanket statement when his vote post was pretty much that. And for a completely different reason to his second post too.

This one rubs me the wrong way due to all of the uncertainty: a lot of the stuff there is "I don't exactly" which makes him sound really uncertain on it. He also says in it he'll make a coherent post soon, then in his next post he says... pretty much the same thing with different wording. Skipping over the summary, not gonna bother mentioning it twice, but his reasoning for doing it?

I dunno

I was bored

...really? He also mentions here how "if people read his posts" that they'd see his scumread on Blitz. Erm, no. Looking through his ISO, his read on Blitz was null, and the closest it got to scummy was where he said that Blitz and Objection!! weren't helping by voting inactives. I find it kind of convenient how he shows up and attacks Rein here after Rein voted for him, although Rein's post wasn't exactly good so I guess. His mention of me is a bit hypocritical too with his mention of Fera (at least that's how I'm interpreting it) about me not voting for people with lacking content, and then calls Fera out for the same thing. Then again, it's kind of hard to tell what his read on Fera actually is. Then the last third of his post is calling out Boron for asking questions, and pretty much naming every inactive in the game and calling them out. Helpful. Don't particularly feel like analysing his last post currently, because I've got one more person to go through.
Fera's first real post is waffling on Blitz and then taking my RVS vote too seriously. The next one is an "I'll post later" post, followed by his supposed content post, where the only real conclusions he makes are that Baldrick and Blitz is scummy (not only were they two of the biggest suspicions at the time, his reasoning for them is pretty much borrowed too.) He says Objection is too, but only slightly. He kind of defends him later on in it too, which is a bit suspect. I feel really out of it still so I'm stopping here, but the "I wanted Baldrick to claim" so I voted him fiasco doesn't exactly do him any favors.
Pretty sure this is in order.
##Unvote
##Vote: Bluedoom
Gonna try and get back to sleep for a bit >.>

I don't like Manix's ISO, it looks extremely fluffy and I do not recall him saying much that stood out a whole lot.

from quicktopic:

my iso's are generally full of fluff/not very stand out stuff in general :/ i don't normally get called out on it either sooooo

sometimes i'll have my deathtunnel but in a game this size i kinda fly under the radar a lot anyway

aka the manix syndrome of being town and mafia just don't really nightkill you at all for whatever reason

More info did come up, and I compared voting Baldrick and Blitz and decided on the former being a better choice due to the number of votes at the time, so I could see Baldrick at least claim (DAMMIT BALDRICK WHY) and we could decide a lynch on a longer timeframe instead of voting on pressure of no lynch on a shorter timeframe.

the logic here is a little dubious but i can kinda understand what you're getting at with this. would you have voted blitz if he was a leading wagon at the time, or if something else came up past the ~meta~ stuff?

Scorri and Paperblade made me realize that Kay sort of pushes Blitz a little bit, defends him a little bit, and in the end doesn't really give a solid read on the biggest wagon of the day. "6/10 would not sheep" is ehhhh because 6/10 assumes the wagon is at least okay, if not good, so saying "would not sheep" afterwards looks kind of out of place. Saying "I think someone on the Blitz wagon might be scum" means not very much when 6/22 people were voting him. Odds are fairly decent that someone mafia is on the wagon, so pointing it out is hardly difficult. Yet I see no attempt to actually look for scum there.

Blitz's claim of "mayor with drawbacks" is off-putting because I have a spellcard that allows me to place a ghostvote on somebody for the rest of the day (outside of MYLO/LYLO), so I'm more or less a weaker mayor myself, in addition to my actual role. It gives me the hunch that he has a larger role and for whatever reason he's only claiming part of it. My first thought is he's scum and has a bunch of more scummy stuff in addition, so he's claiming the townish part of the role.

The claim is also another instance of him saying he's been doing something purposely scummy, and the excuse is getting pretty old.

okay, just finished catching up, will go into iso later,

@Manix, Boron and SB (did I miss anybody), if I had claimed right away, all this discussion and wagon on me wouldn't have formed, now would it??

@BBM, lol, no, mayor is my only ability and it is nullified at mylo/lylo, however, mine is more powerful than just a ghost vote

@Manix, Boron and SB (did I miss anybody), if I had claimed right away, all this discussion and wagon on me wouldn't have formed, now would it??

tell me blitz: as a town, when would you purposely act scummy for the betterment of the town? if you act scummy intentionally, it gives scum an easy out

it is worth it when you can make up for the loss of everyone's reads by using your own reads, however it doesn't work so well in a 24 player game for having too many players.

as for the easy out thing, do you really think everyone voting me is town?

as for the easy out thing, do you really think everyone voting me is town?

if i said it was an easy out for scum, yeah there's probably scum on the wagon right now, which is kinda easy to say given how scummy you've been :/

also i think you completely missed the point of what i was saying

Blitz, saying "i'm only scummy because i was trying to be" is a pretty shit excuse. Any scum could use it.

lol, this is funny cause I know you won't get to use it for your very own self

also, Manix expand your point

if you act scummy intentionally, it gives scum an easy out

easy out meaning they get an easy vote/read on you, which allows them to look townier

and if you're town it forces you under pressure, and role =/= alignment means that even if you can prove your role, you aren't confirmed town (i'm sure as heck not) which means it's harder to pull wagons off you if they really get going

well, not really, considering I am going to flip town, it won't make guys voting me look any better

my role still exists, doesn't it, I can use it to handle part of the pressure

my role still exists, doesn't it, I can use it to handle part of the pressure

and role =/= alignment means that even if you can prove your role, you aren't confirmed town (i'm sure as heck not)