Rate the Unit, Day 44: Fa

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0800 and 0900 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Characters should be rated for their performance on all possible routes (A/B / Sacae/Ilia) but should not be penalized for routes they physically cannot exist on (z.B Juno in Sacae).

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

AVERAGES

WENDY!: 0.19

Sophia: 0.45

Bors: 1.14

Cath: 1.48

Barth: 2.07

Wolt: 2.16

Ward: 2.61

Dorothy: 3.17

Garret: 3.36

Lilina: 3.53

Merlinus: 3.53

Roy: 3.54

Geese: 3.70

Ray: 4.04

Treck: 4.66

Oujay: 4.80

Fir: 5.08

Lot: 5.40

Gonzales: 5.45

Cecilia: 5.61

Sue: 5.64

Igrene: 5.73

Ellen: 5.73

Lugh: 5.98

Bartre: 6.00

Noah: 6.13

Chad: 6.42

Klein: 6.53

Astohl: 7.17

Saul: 7.18

Echidna: 7.27

Shin: 7.42

Zealot: 7.56

Clarine: 7.78

Tate: 7.89

Dieck: 7.94

Thany: 8.01

Alan: 8.52

Lance: 8.59

Marcus: 8.77

Lalam: 8.78

Elphin: 9.00

Percival: 9.60

Rutger: 9.61

Miredy: 9.88

yes I have been waiting to do that subtitle for weeks

I don't get it.

Anyway Fa is a required unit for the end game, pity is she has 1 weapon, it has 30 uses, and it needs to last her from 16 to FINAL, that drastically reduces her usefulness. she'll level fast, and pretty much be able to 2RKO anything that gets in her way, but that's 30 attacks, and no Hammerine staff for the stone.

2/10.

What's up with dragonstones being total shit in terms of uses? At least Myrrh can steal plenty of enemy weapons (via glitch I guess but still; can Fa glitch Fire Dragonstones?). Fa's really gotta make hers count... and she's not bad or anything, but if you want to keep her relevant you have to ration her. I mean, for crying out loud, if Dieck only had one Steel Sword and when it broke he couldn't be used the rest of the game, he'd be shit. Fa's just lucky that stone gives her such hoss bonuses and that she levels fast with great growths, because at some point that gravy train ends and she's just kinda... there.

3/10

Great character to use if u can steal a Fire Stone in Chapter 23. Otherwise she only should use her Divine Stone up till she reaches LV20; and using the final set of uses in Chapter 24.

Has the second highest growths in the game to more than make up for her 30 use stone. It's too bad that it cannot be repaired.

133m.png

10/10

Edited by リンダ

Great character to use if u can steal a Fire Stone in Chapter 23. Otherwise she only should use her Divine Stone up till she reaches LV20; and using the final set of uses in Chapter 24.

Has the second highest growths in the game to more than make up for her 30 use stone. It's too bad that it cannot be repaired.

NM

10/10

HM

10/10

what the hell kind of criteria are you judging by

Use her Dragonstone wisely or else she will be nothing...

I mean 30 uses? Heck, Myrrh at least can have hers a bit more longer. Well, feeding kills seems uhh... maybe a bit too odd for my tastes but still; she's mandatory for that annoying manakete infestation pit and to smack lolIdoun in the face; although it's Roy with Sword of Seals who'll smack her though at most chances.

She has a nice affinity; Light... but her support list is eh... The only one I consider worth mentioning is Igrene; but that's Ice affinity! Sophia is balls; Sue is not likely making the cut. Elphin might prefer Klein and Percival and Niime is soooo sloooooow in supports.

So, what do we get? A lategame nuke who requires wise usage of that Dragonstone or otherwise; she's a goner.

Also her MOV hurts her a lot; she'll likely be ferried more often since she's so little.

I'll be generous enough to give her...

But cuteness factor; look at her adowabbleee faceee! BIAS POINT!

Edited by Frostbite

I may want to nitpick; IIRC the ratings don't count the Berserk/Fire Dragonstone Glitch thing... Only what resources used and accessible to a unit / utility / in-game performance is likely counted.

Since that Fire Dragonstone/Berserk Glitch or Steal Thingy-whatever-it-is will and can mess up your PT by trolling save files into oblivion a.k.a deleted forever.

I'm satistified with my 30-use Dragonstone despite of me nitpicking on it cause watching Fazilla unleash Diarrhea Breath on foes is funny.

Edited by Frostbite

Fa has to be used conversatively, especially at the beginning when she's relatively weak. Feed her kills (you only need to set up a few before she starts to pull her weight, and it's not like you have to beat them to within an inch of their lives so she can deal the killing blow). She only has one weapon; you can her get a Fire Stone, but it's a long, long way to run. Though her use is strictly limited, she makes up for it with quality, since she basically becomes an extra Divine Weapon user (without any competition for her weapon) once she's levelled, and she'll rip apart enemy mamkutes like a lion on a deer. A female deer.

4/10

NM

10/10

HM

10/10

LET'S PLAY: ignoring all a unit's downsides possible!

No. I'm not accepting this horseshit.

EDIT: once again, I profess: I love you Baldrick

Edited by Integrity

Ah, music. I see what the title is.

Fa. Uh, well, she's kind of a 30 use "nuke" of sorts. 62 Effective Atk on Mamkutes and Wyvern Riders / Lords. Also, she's a huge status staff magnet because of her low base Res (until she transforms, but the enemies seem to ignore this). Her low Mov, questionable durability, and 30 uses of a weapon kind of beckon how she can really be useful throughout the entire game. Also, let's keep in mind that Mamkutes at Chapter 22 on have more than 62 HP, and their Def stat is pretty hefty, so they'll need to be weakened to have Fa finish them off.

Also, if anyone is curious about Divine Stone's stats:

Str +12, Skl +12, Def +15, Res +20.Stats: Range 1, Might 16, Hit 100, Critical 15, Weight 0.

Fa's growths.

But yeah, 5 Mov, limited uses, can sort of survive an attack. Take Chapter 16 for an example. She can't withstand two blows from a Fighter, but she can take two hits from the Mercenaries. The 22 Atk ones she can take 3 hits. Just don't get too happy about her growths; remember that 30 uses really limits her playtime overall.

I feel like I'm repeating myself on this... I blame my allergies...

2.5/10.

There's not much I can say. A 30-use nuke (hooray for stealing terms from Colonel) who is forced in the final chapter, so you may as well as use her. She has excellent growths, but she's fragile and slow at the start, and kills have to be set up for her. But how much training can she get in for the final chapter with a 30-use weapon that cannot be repaired?

3/10

Edited by Cosmic_Harold

What's up with dragonstones being total shit in terms of uses? At least Myrrh can steal plenty of enemy weapons (via glitch I guess but still; can Fa glitch Fire Dragonstones?). Fa's really gotta make hers count... and she's not bad or anything, but if you want to keep her relevant you have to ration her. I mean, for crying out loud, if Dieck only had one Steel Sword and when it broke he couldn't be used the rest of the game, he'd be shit. Fa's just lucky that stone gives her such hoss bonuses and that she levels fast with great growths, because at some point that gravy train ends and she's just kinda... there.

3/10

this

Re Mi!

Feed her a few kills and she's good to go. However, limited ammo stinks, she'll kill 30 enemies at most. 30 isn't that much! Plus, her dragon killing niche is taken by ranged units. Woo!

5/10 - Handy, but you can live without her!

matt-laughsa.gif

That's it? No admission of guilt, no rebuttal to my throwing your vote out the window? All you give me is a post that's technically spam?

That's it? No admission of guilt, no rebuttal to my throwing your vote out the window? All you give me is a post that's technically spam?

No good sir, this is SPAM:

spamalot2.jpg

But honestly, this is... you-know-who we're talking about. I do agree that I find it a little odd that you can rate a 30 use nuke a 10/10. Even with the Firestone she kind of sucks. Okay, +20 Def > +15 Def, but her Atk drops by 4 in return. With the Divine Stone, she has an Atk of 30. With the Fire Stone, it drops to 26. That's not really awesome. The Fire Stone allows her to circumvent attacks, admittedly, but it involves using a glitch and it still doesn't resolve that she has 5 fucking Movement.

And here I thought the Sophia arguments were dumb. I think this almost broke another can of wor- I mean SPAM.

EDIT: Okay... the vote was edited. @_@;

Edited by Colonel M

I also forgot to mention that she has shit movement. Has to be rescued alot in order to get nearly anywhere in some chapters. Because u cannot overuse her, or else she's nothing. I would support her with either Niime or Sue. Since Ice and Wind affinities are hardly no different. Sure she's forced in the final chapter, but it's not like u have to use her. Keeping her out of range otherwise. A must use for the EXP rank. Since it probably will never go up to A if u don't. If u can get her a Firestone (Chapter 23), then she can be a walking nightmare for the last two chapters.

4.5/10

Edited by リンダ

Ayanami works in mysterious ways. Who are we to question her?

ANYWAY:

Only 30 uses and shit move and can't even be repaired

Really

2/10

I agree completely with this analysis. I'll add that her dragonstone does nothing for her unusable base hit point total of 16.

Listen girl if you want to be in my team then you should't join midgame with a 30 uses weapon and that move could have been better too.

At least Myrh joined late and had 50 uses.

2.5/10 for not being able to do much thanks to her weapon and movement.

Ayanami works in mysterious ways. Who are we to question her?

lol.

For all of you who don't know:

Ayanami confuses me so much. Like sooo much.

He's a very, very special person.

"He"?

He presented himself as male on FESS at least.

Anyways, the thing that seriously kills Fa/Fae for me is that 5 movement. The 30 use stone COULD use more, like everyone else has said, but I'm stingy when it comes to weapon uses anyway Because I'm Asian. I'm biased toward the girl and her use of third person when referring to herself, but even with that:

3/10

3Xslr.jpg

The usual mamkute material, which means being useful for a very short time. You know what else rips enemy mamkutes apart and has low availability? The Sword of Seals.

2.5/10

I don't really use her until the last two chapters, but I'm pretty sure no one cares about that.

Her growths are second to Karel's, so she grows and gets great stats fast due to her crazy EXP gain. The thing that sucks, though, is her weapon only has 30 uses. Dragonstone glitch aside, she's not gonna be seeing much use except maybe in the final chapter because of her weapon's shitty uses.

3/10

When I first played this game. I figured Fa would be your loli dragon and benched her immediately. My surprise came when she's forced to the last 2 chapters....

Anyways. She must be used sparingly in order to be useful for Endgame.. Um.. Great growths, but her hp is lacking when leveling. Probable babying for the first few level s.

5/10- 1 point bias because loli = 4/10

Edited by Exiledwolf