Rate the Unit, Day 41: Sophia

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Characters should be rated for their performance on all possible routes (A/B / Sacae/Ilia) but should not be penalized for routes they physically cannot exist on (z.B Juno in Sacae).

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

AVERAGES

WENDY!: 0.19

Bors: 1.14

Cath: 1.48

Barth: 2.07

Wolt: 2.16

Ward: 2.61

Dorothy: 3.17

Lilina: 3.53

Merlinus: 3.53

Roy: 3.54

Geese: 3.70

Ray: 4.04

Treck: 4.66

Oujay: 4.80

Fir: 5.08

Lot: 5.40

Gonzales: 5.45

Cecilia: 5.61

Sue: 5.64

Ellen: 5.73

Lugh: 5.98

Bartre: 6.00

Noah: 6.13

Chad: 6.42

Klein: 6.53

Astohl: 7.17

Saul: 7.18

Echidna: 7.27

Shin: 7.42

Zealot: 7.56

Clarine: 7.78

Tate: 7.89

Dieck: 7.94

Thany: 8.01

Alan: 8.52

Lance: 8.59

Marcus: 8.77

Lalam: 8.78

Elphin: 9.00

Percival: 9.60

Rutger: 9.61

Miredy: 9.88

well well

have ats

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TERRIBLE! She has such a crappy start, Barely hitting anyone she attacks, She gets Doubled most likely. Her Skill and Speed aren't seeing a good improvement either

In other words, A Loss Cause! 0/10

Obviously Sophia comes terribly underleveled, and has garbage Spd and Skl in addition to an inaccurate weapon type. So she can't hit anything, but she's closer to hitting things than Wendy is (I think) and if she did hit something it would take damage. Not worth raising, Ray is 10x better and still not good.

0.1/10 better than Wendy

I thought for a very confusing moment I was still reading the Cecilia thread and I was going to ask you how the fuck you came to those conclusions. It's too early. >>

EDIT: @Narshen, that were

Edited by Integrity

Only use is status bait in 14. And getting Guiding Ring but that doesn't count for her. Beyond that, absolutely useless. Terrible hit, terrible durability, if you somehow train her up she's still shit since her averages is basically a EVEN SLOWER Lilina (with more skill at the higher levels that she'll never reach but less accurate weapon type so balances out there) and she's weighed down by everything with her already shitty speed.

Just... I don't even.

0/10. Would give -1/10 for too much ellipses in her talking and not an being incredibly hot male to make up for it but I can't go into the negatives.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

She can't be debateable in any way. Terrible in everything that u can throw at her. Sadly she can't be used even though she is very pretty. =[

124gu.png

HM

0.1/10

1/10 bias cuz of her looks and soft personality

Edited by リンダ

Sophia...coming at level 1 so late unpromoted is just...pitiful.

15 HP/6 MAG/2 SKILL/4 SPD/1 DEF? She'd be slaughtered in NM, and it'll even worse in HM. Her CON is THREE, so her SPD will be even worse when fighting. At least, unlike Wendy, she attacks RES, but her hit isn't reliable do to her terrible SKILL. If she's attacked by ANYTHING (mages 2RKO her in NM, though, but it isn't saying much.), she's history.

The best she can do is dig up the guiding ring near the boss.

rayandsofiyalolz.jpg

But hey, she's pretty cute. :P .5/10, +.5 bias. 1/10

Edited by ZM456

I think the Guiding Ring should count for her. What's the difference between Ashtol/Chad being able to get items elsewhere in the desert and Sophie being able to get that one item? Yes, keeping her alive in a FOW Desert Chapter where she gets OHKOd by everything is a PITA, but that Guiding Ring is the most contested promotion item in the game. Getting that is worth a 0.5/10 from me. She blows hard otherwise.

But hey, she's pretty cute. :P .5/10, +.5 bias. 1/10

Even though she is very bad. I still use her (Non-Ranked of course). x.x

Niime also could have looked pretty like her at her age. =)

Edited by リンダ

I think the Guiding Ring should count for her. What's the difference between Ashtol/Chad being able to get items elsewhere in the desert and Sophie being able to get that one item? Yes, keeping her alive in a FOW Desert Chapter where she gets OHKOd by everything is a PITA, but that Guiding Ring is the most contested promotion item in the game. Getting that is worth a 0.5/10 from me. She blows hard otherwise.

Chad gets treasure on 3 (3,6,7) maps uncontested, he and Ashtol together can grab many treasures over the course of the game. Sophia grabs an item, singular, and I can not honestly compare a 5000 investment to Chads 15000ish in the 3 chapters he's grabbing items uncontested, or his or Ashtols ability to grab items AND be durable through to Chapter 22. Not only that, but to get to the Guiding ring she must be carried or else risks death from anything in the area. Meanwhile I can trust the Thieves to head out on/near their lonesome and grab treasure. This isn't to say my reason for not allotting points is "Not Chad/Ashtol/Cath" but simply the negative aspects far outweigh the positive one

Also...

If she dies there, that means no Gaiden Chapter and of course no going beyond Chapter 22.

Also...

If she dies there, that means no Gaiden Chapter and of course no going beyond Chapter 22.

Right but 'Takes us to x' isn't supposed to factor into our scores, I believe the opposite 'Denies us Y' wouldn't factor in.

EDIT: gah horrible mistake

Edited by Onmi

If you're any kind of smart, she's seeing combat approximately 0 times ever. Still, her magic growth's not too bad, if you painstakingly raise her to 10/1 she might be an OK staffb... E Staves? Fuck this shit.

0.1 minus 1 because she's another goddamn loli but without the power to make her worthwhile.

Late arrival, check. Awful bases, check. Subpar growths, check. We have a winner! I'm afraid extreme babying is necessary to make her even remotely usable. It doesn't help that she's incredibly frail. That Guiding Ring doesn't win or lose her any points, but she's not bringing anything new.

0.1/10 - Imagine Lilina, but worse and half a dozen chapters later. Word.

0.1/10

She is so weak! She comes in at level one, at a point where a good chunk of your team has already promoted. Plus she has no speed. Plus she has no horse. Training her may lead to some results, but I doubt she will improve much in that speed department. Only plus for her is the guiding ring (and the fact I can't bring myself to giving a 0/10).

She may suck; but she laughs at Wendy!

Plus free guilding ring (I tend to spam Mages, if you mind) that she can dig up; and instead of hitting DEF; she hits RES despite of her wonky hit rates!

But I shall use bias powers for...

Edited by Frostbite

Crap on a cracker: Bad stats, ridiculously underleveled, basically incapable of surviving in HM, has to be kept alive anyway. Still, you could theoretically get her 9 levels and promote her to do healing duties. That's more than Wendy will ever do. It's crap, but it's more than Wendy will ever do.

0.25/10

Sucky bases, underlevlled, sucky growths. Who cares if she gets another guiding ring? Its difficult to move her around in that map safely, let alone get the guiding ring.

Horrible indeed, and I dislike her even more than Wendy. At least Wendy has a small chance of being trained and do something semi-useful, this girl has almost no chances.

0/10