Rate the Unit, Day 31: Wendell

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 1 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. Every ranking phase starts from 2200 EST to 2300 EST. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- Rate the character based on his/her performance without the Rainbow Potion, Maturity Drop or Bond Drop

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Yubello: 1.52

Norne: 2.28

Rickard: 2.72

Samto: 2.90

Wrys: 3.00

Bord: 3.25

Matthis: 3.60

Cord: 3.83

Warren: 4.35

Castor: 5.62

Linde: 6.27

Gordin: 6.33

Arran: 6.62

Frey: 6.87

Cecil: 7.21

Ryan: 7.71

Barst: 7.87

Julian: 7.95

Draug: 8.14

: 8.15

Yumina: 8.20

Rody: 8.43

Luke: 8.56

Marth: 8.70

Ogma: 9.00

Sirius: 9.31

Malliesia: 9.50

Catria: 9.73

Palla: 9.86

My Unit: 9.99

Not Etzel. 0/10

No, but really, stupid Etzel takes a dump all over Wendell's face in this game. However! This doesn't mean Wendell suddenly can't do anything... despite Etzel being the superior option. Well, Wendell does at least exist before Etzel in 6x, 7, and 8 and is needed in 10 to hop on his Draco and give a verbal smackdown to Ellerean. Wendell could have been still a decent staffbot alongside Etzel... unfortunately this game is a lot less generous with deployment slots than Shadow Dragon and I couldn't really find the room on my team.

Excalibur is still a key feature. Even with lower magic than Etzel, Wendell should still nail the Flying Dragons and Dracoknights throughout the game. I mean, base Wendell would miss chapter 19 Lunatic Dracos by like 6-7 damage, but Wendell can gain +1 from A-rank, magic from level-ups, and H1 enemies should have less HP. So in regards to Excalibur utility, at least Wendell and Etzel both seem equal in H1.

Outclassed but definitely not worthless. Errr... ummm... lets say 7.5/10.

Never knew that with Lunatic Flying Dragons and Wendell. Learn something new everyday.

His Mag is kind of low, and him taking on Gharnef seems unlikely. It also sucks that Etzel kind of steals the spotlight on him this time fuck off Berserker!Etzel. Still, Wendell can probably reach some of those awesome staff ranks at a slightly accelerated pace in comparison to Etzel, and it's not like Etzel is dominating him in healing anyway (lol Mag/2 formula, so silly). Even if Etzel was --/11, he would only heal 2 more HP than base Wendell. Not to mention I actually found some decent uses with him in H1 in other classes still:

- In Chapter 6X, he can help clear the enemies around the perimeter.

- In Chapter 7, Wendell can become a DracoKnight and ORKO Hunters (trust me, it helps) or he can stick as a Sage and use Rescue to help clear the map with most (or all) of the items.

- In Chapter 8, Wendell can once again Rescue Marth to the throne if you grab Bantu, or he can help clear out the Generals since he doubles them. Pity that Excalibur isn't around. :(

- In Chapter 9, Wendell can be a Sniper and double the DracoKnights. Funny, right?

- In Chapter 10, Wendell is pimp slapping Elerean because he didn't pay one of Wendell's hoes.

I just got to Chapter 11.

Yeah, Wendell is still pretty boss, and if you keep him in his Sage class, he's still doing fine. Okay, so he can't have C Staves like Yumina and Malliesia (and Malliesia might have B), but Physic and Silence are the only staves at that point that Wendell cannot use (the former I concede on, the latter is a retarded idea this early in the game... I think). Even so, Wendell also has a Move point advantage over Malliesia and Yumina too.

Oh yeah, final act in the series: HE CAN WARP.

YEAH BABY YEAH!

Wendell gets a 8/10 from me. But you know what? Wendell is the best unit in Fire Emblem. He gets a bias point too.

9/10. Because I fucking can.

YoPwA.png

(Credits to Fatecrashers for the image).

Like a Pope.

Edited by Colonel M

he's off by like 8 fucking weapon uses and warp doesn't exist for another 4 chapters or so

You know, honestly, I forgot Warp was in this game.

I play Lunatic too much. @_@;

Probably shouldn't change my rating or it'll likely be pulled as "bullshit".

Don is an awful standard bishop character you should really be more understanding. Its kinda part of your archetype...

no one cares

anyway, 7/10 for H1; serviceable speed base and weapon ranks and he can heal

Is Wendell really that useable? he looks like the standard crappy prepromote bishop to me . No rating from me today . I've never touched the guy. I don't recall using him once .

Read my review.

Tell me he's your typical crappy prepromote and I'll make sure you're known as a shitty user.

Read my review.

Tell me he's your typical crappy prepromote and I'll make sure you're known as a shitty user.

Excuse me ! What in god's name is wrong with you ? That is just uncalled for. if you want to convince be wendell is a good unit or have healthy debate with me that's all well and good . However i will not respond to such a personal attack . I will no longer participate in this topic. I apolgized if my first post game off as offense to anyone i didn't mean it to be . namaste...

Never knew that with Lunatic Flying Dragons and Wendell. Learn something new everyday.

His Mag is kind of low, and him taking on Gharnef seems unlikely. It also sucks that Etzel kind of steals the spotlight on him this time fuck off Berserker!Etzel. Still, Wendell can probably reach some of those awesome staff ranks at a slightly accelerated pace in comparison to Etzel, and it's not like Etzel is dominating him in healing anyway (lol Mag/2 formula, so silly). Even if Etzel was --/11, he would only heal 2 more HP than base Wendell. Not to mention I actually found some decent uses with him in H1 in other classes still:

- In Chapter 6X, he can help clear the enemies around the perimeter.

- In Chapter 7, Wendell can become a DracoKnight and ORKO Hunters (trust me, it helps) or he can stick as a Sage and use Rescue to help clear the map with most (or all) of the items.

- In Chapter 8, Wendell can once again Rescue Marth to the throne if you grab Bantu, or he can help clear out the Generals since he doubles them. Pity that Excalibur isn't around. :(

- In Chapter 9, Wendell can be a Sniper and double the DracoKnights. Funny, right?

- In Chapter 10, Wendell is pimp slapping Elerean because he didn't pay one of Wendell's hoes.

I just got to Chapter 11.

Yeah, Wendell is still pretty boss, and if you keep him in his Sage class, he's still doing fine. Okay, so he can't have C Staves like Yumina and Malliesia (and Malliesia might have B), but Physic and Silence are the only staves at that point that Wendell cannot use (the former I concede on, the latter is a retarded idea this early in the game... I think). Even so, Wendell also has a Move point advantage over Malliesia and Yumina too.

Oh yeah, final act in the series: HE CAN WARP.

YEAH BABY YEAH!

Wendell gets a 8/10 from me. But you know what? Wendell is the best unit in Fire Emblem. He gets a bias point too.

This, because Wendell is amazing. In fact, I'll even throw in the bia-

WendellFE12.PNG

No PIMP sunglasses? Seriously? -1 bias for you. I mean you're like still the man and all, but I...don't know, no PIMP sunglasses, kinda hurts it.

7/10 it is.

Edited by Refa

Excuse me !

My you have wonderful manners.

What in god's name is wrong with you ?

I don't believe in God.

That is just uncalled for.

So is calling Wendell a typical crappy prepromote.

if you want to convince be wendell is a good unit or have healthy debate with me that's all well and good .

Well I showed you to my post.

However i will not respond to such a personal attack .

BUT YOU DID ANYWAY?

DIDN'T YOU!?!

I will no longer participate in this topic.

And nothing of value was lost.

I apolgized if my first post game off as offense to anyone i didn't mean it to be

Of course it offended me.

Why else did I post what I posted?