Rate the Units, Final Day: Laguz Kings

Dat Rules (stolen/borrowed from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode+Fixed Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings the sonic sword" or any other justification as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Rating a unit too low because you think its overrated will make me throw away your vote without mercy public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Ena: .40

Rolf: 1.15

Nasir: 1.48

Sothe: 2.03

Lucia: 2.23

Brom: 2.32

Bastian: 2.49

Tauroneo: 2.85

Shinon: 3.00

Largo: 3.11

Janaff: 3.32

Ulki: 3.59

Elincia: 3.75

Ranulf: 3.93

Devdan: 4.11

Volke : 4.82

Ilyana: 4.98

Soren: 5.15

Geoffrey: 5.27

Rhys: 5.31

Gatrie: 5.46

Mia: 5.71

Muarim: 6.19

Mist: 6.41

Mordecai: 6.55

Makalov: 6.59

Tormod: 6.62

Zihark: 6.65

Haar: 6.73

Lethe: 6.75

Nephenee: 6.79

Callil: 7.21

Stefan: 7.40

Astrid: 7.76

Boyd: 8.29

Ike: 8.57

Tanith: 9.08

Oscar: 9.08

Kieran: 9.23

Jill: 9.31

Marcia: 9.36

Reyson: 9.79

Titania: 9.91

Tibarn

Giffca

Naesala

You can only receive one, so why not rate all three? You can only either receive Nasir or Ena, but they both have their major differences, even though they both suck terribly.

Edited by Folgore Orange

Giffca: 9.5/10 including a +1 bias because he's awesome. I had to take away some points because he only shows up on 1 level, which he can basically solo.

Tibarn: 9.5/10 same reasoning. (Including bias) Might have taken away for slightly worse at fighting Ashnard, but he has better movement.

Naesala: 8/10 I don't like him or really dislike him, so he gets no bias, and his lack of strength makes him slightly worse at fighting Ashnard, which is a key part of a laguz king.

Edit: Poop. I forgot that this was hard mode. Even less availability on the one level where they show up .

Giffca: 3/10 including bias, Tibarn 2.5/10. Both includin+1 bias. Naesala gets a 0/10 because he is useless.

Edited by I don't play for turns

Who are these guys again? Oh right, those dudes that appear if somehow resolve+wrath ike hasnt defeated ashnard yet for some reason. 0/10

This is pretty much my answer.

...except that Naesala gets a +1 bias point from me because I like him.

For the short (SHORT) time these guys are around, they kick ass. Except Naesala. He's not actually very good in this game. Their bases are so high their crappy weapons don't matter, plus they are your only reliable help against Ashnard without ridiculously rigging Nasir/Ena with skills that belong to other, better units. I'm kind of torn between Giffca and Tibarn, since Tibarn is cooler, but I'd say Giffca is the best one in this game. They're pretty much your Athos of this game, but without the insane utility and versatility. But that requirement before they even show up... just... ridiculous. They have a lot more use in Normal mode when they show up so early, but when they finally show up in Hard Mode, you're pretty much almost done.

NM ratings:

Giffca: 4/10

Tibarn: 4/10

Naesala: 3/10

HM:

All three: 2/10

Naesala gets 0.5/10, after bias. He can't do any damage to Berserk Ashnard, making him useless.

Tibarn gets 5/10, with no bias. He's pretty cool, but I prefer Giffca.

Giffca gets 6.5/10, after bias for being the best one to do any damage to Berserk Ashnard.

When not playing on HM for LTC: 4/10. They are freaking awesome and can clear out entire sides of the map without any help at all. Ashnard aside, I wouldn't be shocked if they cleared the entire map.

When playing on HM or for LTC: 0/10. They don't even appear until it's simply too late for them to do much besides *maybe* hit him once.

2/10 overall.

If we could count the bonus maps I would probably jump their scores by at least two to three points, but we can't.

Giffca: 9.5/10 including a +1 bias because he's awesome. I had to take away some points because he only shows up on 1 level, which he can basically solo.

Tibarn: 9.5/10 same reasoning. (Including bias) Might have taken away for slightly worse at fighting Ashnard, but he has better movement.

Naesala: 8/10 I don't like him or really dislike him, so he gets no bias, and his lack of strength makes him slightly worse at fighting Ashnard, which is a key part of a laguz king.

I can't count these, because we're talking HM here. One of the three only appears after Ashnard gets berserked, and Ike already has the guy covered.

Laguz Kings. Kings of Laguz.

Pros:

Two of them fly.

Tibarn has Savior and Pavise Cancel.

Great bases.

High strength.

No gauges.

Cons:

Show up for one chapter.

In HM, only show up for one fight.

So like these guys are ok for back up when not on Hard mode but even then, they may see limited use. On other modes, they show up on like turn 3 and you only get one. It doesnt REALLY matter which one you choose since they all kick ass. Giffca's movement is pretty high but not like the other two since they fly. Naesala is the weaker of the three but he can still whoop disproportionate amounts of ass. But still, unless your other guys are having problems...like serious problems, these kings arent that useful and Tibarn is the only one with any real utility use. They can hurt Ashnard though and unless youre going for low turns, its not that necessary since Ike's good there.

Hard mode, they only show up after Ashnard is a dumb shit and touches the medallion. So they see even LESS overall use. They can help put the hurt on Ashnard so one can dispatched his berserked ass sooner, and thats kinda nice but yeah. For all their awesome, they are kinda underwhelming. :(:

2.5/10 for all of them.

Tibarn: 2.5/10.

Naesala 1.5/10 Bias: 2/10.

Giffca: 1/10. 1.5/10 bias because he looks awesome.

Laguz Kings. Kings of Laguz.

Pros:

Two of them fly.

Tibarn has Savior and Pavise Cancel.

Great bases.

High strength.

No gauges.

Cons:

Show up for one chapter.

In HM, only show up for one fight.

So like these guys are ok for back up when not on Hard mode but even then, they may see limited use. On other modes, they show up on like turn 3 and you only get one. It doesnt REALLY matter which one you choose since they all kick ass. Giffca's movement is pretty high but not like the other two since they fly. Naesala is the weaker of the three but he can still whoop disproportionate amounts of ass. But still, unless your other guys are having problems...like serious problems, these kings arent that useful and Tibarn is the only one with any real utility use. They can hurt Ashnard though and unless youre going for low turns, its not that necessary since Ike's good there.

Hard mode, they only show up after Ashnard is a dumb shit and touches the medallion. So they see even LESS overall use. They can help put the hurt on Ashnard so one can dispatched his berserked ass sooner, and thats kinda nice but yeah. For all their awesome, they are kinda underwhelming. :(:

This. 2.5 for all of them, (1.5 + bias).

I'm just going to throw this out there: For those of us who did not use an overkill Ike strategy (or for that matter had him stat screwed or didn't use him for whatever reason) the laguz kings are truly a saving grace that keeps us from having to have Ena (because lets be honest, you wont be beating BK if you can't be the mad king) have to try and solo the final fight herself. Both Griffca and Tibarn can reasonably be expected to defeat Berserk Ashnard eventually with just a little bit of love, care and physics useage usually without much of a chance of death. While they aren't often needed, both of them fill an extremely important role in the game that needs to be acknowledged for what it is: both Tibarn and Griffca, for their single chapter involving killing the final boss and thus making the game beatable for those that have done something wonky, both deserve 5/10s. Fact is I could see an argument that could reasonably state that a unit that can 'win' the game if your lord character gets utterly screwed over is is probably worth more than what Ilyana and everyone below her can do throughout the entire game. Of course given that Naesala is incapable of defeating berserk Ashnard he deserves a 0/10! Seriously, our reward for picking a major antagonist who was built up to be kinda badass is a stupid coin! Geez IS, you could at least have given him like 7 coins to make it mildly worthwhile for transferring or something...

Edited by NTNP

: For those of us who did not use an overkill Ike strategy (or for that matter had him stat screwed or didn't use him for whatever reason)

You use Ike because you have to and because he's decent even with the swordlock. And we assume fixed mode so no stat screwage.

Resolve/Wrath Ike will have Ashnard dead before the Laguz Kings can get to him. If Ike has Aether though, they will have a good chance to get a hit or two in.

Naesala:

0.25/10 - He can kill normal enemies but not Ashnard; yeah the one enemy he is SUPPOSED to help you kill.

Tibarn:

0.5/10 - He is my favorite FE character ever. He is just a tougher slower Naesala.

Giffca:

0.75/10 - He is the best of the 3, but realistically, he isnt doing much.