Rate the Unit, Day 43: Ena

Dat Rules (stolen/borrowed from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode+Fixed Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings the sonic sword" or any other justification as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Rating a unit too low because you think its overrated will make me throw away your vote without mercy public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Rolf: 1.15

Nasir: 1.48

Sothe: 2.03

Lucia: 2.23

Brom: 2.32

Bastian: 2.49

Tauroneo: 2.85

Shinon: 3.00

Largo: 3.11

Janaff: 3.32

Ulki: 3.59

Elincia: 3.75

Ranulf: 3.93

Devdan: 4.11

Volke : 4.82

Ilyana: 4.98

Soren: 5.15

Geoffrey: 5.27

Rhys: 5.31

Gatrie: 5.46

Mia: 5.71

Muarim: 6.19

Mist: 6.41

Mordecai: 6.55

Makalov: 6.59

Tormod: 6.62

Zihark: 6.65

Haar: 6.73

Lethe: 6.75

Nephenee: 6.79

Callil: 7.21

Stefan: 7.40

Astrid: 7.76

Boyd: 8.29

Ike: 8.57

Tanith: 9.08

Oscar: 9.08

Kieran: 9.23

Jill: 9.31

Marcia: 9.36

Reyson: 9.79

Titania: 9.91

Nasir > Rolf is okay, but Ena > Rolf would be stupid.

I think Nasir > Rolf is pretty stupid too...

Ena blows harder than Nasir. I gave Nasir .25 so Ena gets....

0/10 - You get her for losing/running away. She is a useless consolation prize.

0/10 - I thought she had a rat-tail for a hairstyle so I've hated her from the beginning. Also, in my first run, I got her because Ike couldn't beat the BK, and I only found out about the whole Nasir thing afterwards. Yes, I hate Ena. Oh, and she sucks in combat, too. Even more than Nasir.

Ena is just as bad as Nasir but with room to grow if you really want to dump leftover bexp into her. Except she may be the worst bexp investment ever. Dragons have horrible movement, even worse than your average foot soldier, and if they have it bad, dragons have it much, much worse. Her combat is really pitiful. Even though she can damage Ashnard, it would be a fool's errand to send her in even on easy mode, because Ena is really that bad. I said no unit was worth 1/10 but Nasir and Ena prove me wrong just from their total lack of use out of any character in the game. Rolf's offence is amazing compared to these two, since at least he can change up bows and make it to enemies on the first and second turn before your mounts destroy everything. Ena can't even do that. Her availability is crap, her abilities are limited, her combat stinks... just... have Ena putz around I guess? Just don't waste your time sending her after enemies. Other, better units could be using the exp.

1/10 with a -1 bias because recruiting Ena means either having crappy luck or purposefully losing vs the Black Knight, so 0/10

Ena is probably the worst unit in the game. Terrible availability, terrible base stats, growths not worth a crap, terrible move. Even her recruitment is there to mock you.

1/10 - 1 bias (she's half the size of other dragons, which is pathetic) = 0/10

You know, I honestly don't want to see her scored higher than Rolf, because she's almost as useless as Lucia's combat prowess.

I went there

No availability, terrible bases, terrible Mov, transformation gauge, and she comes because you failed to kill the Black Knight...

...Wouldn't you think that Nasir would join instead!?!

0/10. I would love to give a -1 bias vote for IS being complete fucktards, but I can't go below 0.

Ena would have made the perfect Jeigan for this game if she had joined in place of Titania. Low movement, a mechanic to keep her combat iffy, and stats that end up simply too low to be anything of real use. If Ena WAS the Jeigan of the game, she'd probably be getting 4-6 scores, but she's NOT. Instead, she's a late-joining unit with low stats who needs a huge BEXP dump to fight for two chapters (one of which may be ended too fast for her to do much) and whose only 'value' comes from the novelty that she might be able to 1HKO Ashnard or something like that.

.5 (0 + .5)/10

The sad thing is, I think she could have been really cool as a character, especially if she HAD joined early in place of Titania. A character who wants to push Ike to fight Ashnard, but is also afraid of him doing so due to the likely deaths that would follow, struggling between her loyalty to her love, and her desire to see him free... IS REALLY missed out on that.

Actually, I think they missed out on a lot of potential plotpoints that could have been cool. Petrine alone could have offered so much, especially if she joined instead of being killed off so... bleh. Same with Bryce. In fact, Bryce should have been the boss of 27, joined Ike upon defeat, and his defection should have forced the BK to fight instead of Hafedd. His stats even look like he had been meant to join then. Go figure.

Ena would have made the perfect Jeigan for this game if she had joined in place of Titania.

She is NOT worth replacing over Titania.

Petrine alone could have offered so much, especially if she joined instead of being killed off so... bleh.

Her loyality and sharp tongue won't allow it. >.<

-----

Ena is probably the worst unit in the game. Terrible availability, terrible base stats, growths not worth a crap, terrible move. Even her recruitment is there to mock you.

1/10 - 1 bias (she's half the size of other dragons, which is pathetic) = 0/10

^This.

Edited by リンダ

Eh? I said she would be a better jeigan, not a better unit. A jeigan is a unit who starts off seemingly amazing, but doesn't grow well and ends up being below average, if not horrible, by the end of the game. Titania is not a Jeigan, she's an Olfyee (or whatever it's called), the unit who starts off the game strong and ends the game strong/above average. Titania > Ena any day as a unit. As a Jeigan though Ena > Titania. Sort of like how Titania > Rhys as a unit, but Rhys > Titania when it comes to healing other units (Titania has to run up and trade them a vulnerary which they have to use, while Rhys just heals).

The sad thing is, I think she could have been really cool as a character, especially if she HAD joined early in place of Titania. A character who wants to push Ike to fight Ashnard, but is also afraid of him doing so due to the likely deaths that would follow, struggling between her loyalty to her love, and her desire to see him free... IS REALLY missed out on that.

She's a good character as is. Plus it would make absolutely no sense for her to join Ike early on. In fact it would probably hurt the overall story because it wouldn't do much to make her a better character and would make Nasir a much less interesting character.

Actually, I think they missed out on a lot of potential plotpoints that could have been cool. Petrine alone could have offered so much, especially if she joined instead of being killed off so... bleh. Same with Bryce. In fact, Bryce should have been the boss of 27, joined Ike upon defeat, and his defection should have forced the BK to fight instead of Hafedd. His stats even look like he had been meant to join then. Go figure.

Petrine - I'm not trying to be offensive here. That's stupid, she would never defect. She's far to loyal to Daein. On top of that she has no reason to potentially want to join Ike's merry band of mercenaries. It'd be like if Brenya joined you after you killed Zephiel. Now if she came back in FE10 to help out Miccy and co., that could have been interesting.

Bryce - Joining would completely ruin his character. First off, he's of the Camus archetype, and they've never joined. Second, it would fucking ruin his entire character. Plus we already kind of have what you want in Tauroneo. And as is, the two of them are good foils for each other.

On a side note, base level Ena does 12 damage to Ashnard while resolve is active and doesn't double.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Ena, acts as a strategist for Daein.

Pros:

:huh:

Boon skill i suppose.

Cons:

Low base level.

Availability.

Meh.

Like i said in the Nasir thread, these two are almost interchangeable. At least to me. But Nasir is actually better. Ena is low leveled for that point in the game and her bases arent awesome. Unlike Nasir, she cant tank too much nor really put a dent in a lot. Shes like, never doubling. Her low move makes it hard for her to even try to dent junk. While both Nasir and Ena arent very useful, Nasir can get SOME shit done. Ena? not so much.

1/10.

Hey, c'mon people, cut Ena some slack! She's fights while being a few years pregnant! I would like to see you do that! ... ... ... On the other hand, she endangers her unborn child quite often over the course of the two games doesn't she? Heh.

0/10 (1/10 with a -1 bias)

Hey, c'mon people, cut Ena some slack! She's fights while being a few years pregnant! I would like to see you do that! ... ... ... On the other hand, she endangers her unborn child quite often over the course of the two games doesn't she? Heh.

0/10 (1/10 with a -1 bias)

On that note, I wonder if she would have actually been competent had she not been preggers. As for other people doing it, Titania would have the baby on the battlefield and still slaughter everyone.

Lol, Ena has a 0.35 average right now. Almost twice as much as Wendy.

:awesome: It's 'cause Wendy is such a winner.

Your only hope for beating Endgame quickly if Ike gets RNG-screwed

This is assuming fixed mode, though, meaning that Ike won't be RNG-screwed.

1/10. I just don't see a use for her. A properly leveled Ike shouldn't have any problems killing Ashnard. I suppose she can restore characters if they get Silenced ...