Rate the Unit, Day 41: Tomas

PKL

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 2 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Each ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. 13th May start the topic again but i am not sure. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Macellan: 0.18

Maria: 1.05

Radd: 1.31

Dolph: 1.40

Vyland: 1.67

Matthis: 1.87

Bantu: 2.02

Rickard: 2.34

Darros: 2.45

Linde: 2.60

Roshea: 2.88

Gordin: 3.11

Caesar: 3.50

Midia: 3.70

Jeorge: 4.00

Roger: 4.35

Bord: 4.37

Navarre: 4.66

Cord: 4.87

Castor: 5.54

Merric: 5.58

Boah: 5.81

Wrys: 5.92

Marth: 6.33

Minerva: 6.45

Sedgar: 6.57

Wolf: 6.67

Julian: 6.60

Jagen: 6.98

Draug: 7.12

Jake: 7.13

Ogma: 7.56

Athena: 7.95

Hardin: 8.70

Abel: 8.76

Cain: 8.90

Wendell: 8.92

Lena: 9.26

Barst: 9.40

Sheeda: 9.89

Another scrub. Do they ever end? Archer with crap bases and crap growths that joins underleveled, halfway through the game? Yeah, no...2/10

Edited by PKL

The funny thing is, in FE1 he's actually not bad... If you train him 2 levels you can promote him to sniper which will instantly raise his speed to 14. His WLV base is good enough for instant silver bow and thanks to 50% growth he'll be able to use Parthia real soon, too, which kinda makes up for his bad strength.

But since this is FE10: 0.1/10 No reason to use him, lots of characters will have surpassed him by now and he won't turn out good either.

"ohai, I'm Tomas and I join after the game hands you three bow using pre-premotes, one of which can almost use Parthia."

Tomas = useless

0/10

I guess it's my job to see to it that he scores better than Macellan. Given the way people are justifying their votes, though, that's not much competition.

You'd think that green hair and C bows (insta-Wifi-Longbow) would mean a ~10 Gordin, but that's where the similarities end. He's got decent Speed and surprising Res growth to his name, but the rest of his growth rates leave much to be desired. Unpromoted archer class isn't the best thing to start life in. Luckily, he only needs two levels to promote to something more competent, and he doesn't really give if he has to staffbot his way to those levels - his Strength growth is so low that he won't notice.

Personally, I like messing with his offensive growths and having him go Cavalier -> Dracoknight, but I'm not gonna hold everyone else to my standard. :P:

3/10 (bias point because I think he's sorely underrated)

Tomas is cool. Aside from being with scrub team X, he's somewhat useable. Coming with a C in bows and a somewhat high level means he only needs 2 levels to promote. He has good speed, and decent res, so making him a mage might be an interesting idea. Still, gordin and some of the Prepremotes are much, much better. 2/10

Edited by Melonhead215

Tomas

* Begins in Chapter 12

- Bad Base Stats... Level 8

- Decent Growths, but it doesn't help him very much...

- He can do a better job like a priest... -o-

Score: 1.5/10

Tomas

* Begins in Chapter 12

- Bad Base Stats... Level 8

- Decent Growths, but it doesn't help him very much...

- He can do a better job like a priest... -o-

Score: 1.5/10

Just add the fact he has C bows, can 2 range chip when Gordin,Castor,Sedgar,wolf ect have better stuff to do.

2.5/10 with +0.5 bias because I like him.

Edited by shadowbreeze64

He meant to say 2-3, which is something that Castor and his class B buddies can't do, but waiting until Chapter 17 to be relevant is rather silly.

TOO! MANY! SCRUBS!

It's almost redundant to say Tomas isn't good, I'll just say he's an underleveled archer with little redeemable about him.

0/10 -1 for having the worst death quote ever.

Ok, Tomas is better than Macellan really.

See, he starts off at a better lvl, closer to promotion. Then he has a good speed growth. His str growth ain't too shabby (if he reclasses, its almost as good as Cain's). The problem is- bad bases, bad def growth and bad weapon ranks. Promoting him as soon as he reaches lvl 10 is the best, after which you can try him as a Paladin and see how he does. If you keep him as a Sniper, well, he's much better than Gordin yeah, but you should've really made Cain/Abel snipers if you ever need one.

2/10

Was tallying when I saw your vote. I will count it. Also, changed my score to 2 because clipsey and horace have a point and so he scores better than the scrubby Maria.

Edited by PKL