Rate the Unit 26: Robert

Silvercrow

Rules (adapted from Integrity's)

- Ratings are for Normal Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Votes are made out of 10. You cannot rate a unit above 10 or below 0.

- The rating topic will be updated whenever I feel like it, but I will try to allow at least 24 hours for each topic. They will generally be updated at around noon EST.

- A character being inferior relative to another character does not explicitly reduce their rating.

- Characters do not get credit for recruiting others or allowing access to side quests.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Characters do not get credit for bringing items.

- I reserve the right to ignore any votes which are not well-supported.

- You may allow a character to use scrolls (and adjust their rating appropriately) so long as it is reasonable (you may debate what constitutes "reasonable" if you feel people may disagree with you). You cannot arbitrarily increase a unit's score by arguing that they may exclusively use half a dozen scrolls for themself. In general, scrolls will probably not add more than +1 to a character's overall rating.

- Warp skipping has an impact on scores in so far as "Safy has an high base staff rank". Nanna would score lower than Safy because of her lower rank, but no chapter is explicitly said to be skipped. You can't get Warp and then suddenly say every character after doesn't exist or requires turns to recruit. Something could be said of Xavier, or Conomore/Amalda who are in an escape chapter where Leaf starts next to the escape point.

Ronan: 2.42

Alva: 2.5

Marty: 2.89

Kein: 3.5

Tanya: 3.82

Dalsin: 4.38

Evayl: 5.02

Selphina: 5.37

Hicks: 5.89

Brighton: 6.90

Machua: 7.03

Halvan: 7.35

Carrion: 7.54

Dagda: 7.54

Rifis: 7.70

Leaf: 8.18

Shiva: 8.26

Karin: 8.50

Felgus: 8.79

Othin: 8.86

Lara: 8.92

Fin: 9.06

Nanna: 9.13

Safy: 9.48

Asvel: 9.58

Pretty much Selphina with better growths and PCC, but without the weapon rank that he can use as a crutch. Pretty bad, but probably overall more useful than Ronan. 3/10.

He trades base stats, Charge and a good weapon rank in exchange for growths and a better PCC. I'd say it's a losing trade since he's forced to Short and Iron Bows for a long time, while his PCC really doesn't start to show until after a few levels considering a Skill base of 4, which also hinders his accuracy, considering the next two chapters have a boss with 3 leadership stars. He does have a support bonus from Selphina to boost it up, but chances are you're likely going to train one or the other, which means the boost is only around for Chapter 9.

If he does get a few kills on the Soldiers, Archers or Dragon Knights in his initial chapter, it's definitely going to be less of a hassle to make him tag along since he gains a lot of experience, but he's really not impressive with such a low Bow rank. If you do wish to train him, scrolling him up with some Hezul gives valuable HP against fatigue and a decent strength boost. If it's not too contested either, he'll also take the Odo scroll to bolster his abysmal Skill and increase his PCC.

At least he has a mount, doesn't attract ballistae fire thanks to his decent durability, and he doesn't mind the heavier bows too much thanks to a good build growth. If he manages to use those, that is.

2.5/10

Edited by Dio

"Not Selphina."

Not even a good unit. A bad start at a point where you can't really afford it anymore in a faster playthrough. I like bows as a weapon in this game since there's several points where they come in handy, but E Bows is so bad.

3/10

Archers increase Weapon Ranks ridiculously slow in this game, so joining almost halfway through the game with an E Rank in your only weapon is a joke. He'll be lucky to reach C by endgame. He may have better growths and PCC than Selphina, but better bases and a Weapon Rank than allows her to use the best bow in the game right away completely outclasses Robert.

He can be good, but it's simply not worth it. Don't bother.

3/10

Robert is the best of Selphina's squad of losers, though this isn't saying much. He comes in horseback, has great growths and pursuit critical ratings.

However Robert has no skills, has low hp, comes in at a low level, and is bowlocked(the worst weapon).

4/10

Selphina is the best of Selphina's squad of losers

Fix'd.

Because, seriously, Robert sucks.

I shouldn't have to beat a dead horse (pun intended), but Robert fucking sucks. 3 PCC and growths are the only things that even come close to "saving" him. Oh, and a horse.

2.5/10.

Fix'd.

Because, seriously, Robert sucks.

I shouldn't have to beat a dead horse (pun intended), but Robert fucking sucks. 3 PCC and growths are the only things that even come close to "saving" him. Oh, and a horse.

2.5/10.

I'm not counting Selphina herself, just her subordinates.

• 2 weeks later...

Plus not to mention that his bow rank grows slower than Tania's and Selphina's. Looked in here to see why he had such a low rating as he's always been awesome to me. But I see why now. His weapon rank won't get him higher than D at most in a ranked run. Plus E rank in weapons sucks.

Edited by アイネ