Rate the DLC Unit Day #11: Celica

PKL

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2.5/10.

Has Rally Strength by default, so I guess that makes him good enough to field. His offense is alright, but having no support built up this late really hampers his battle capabilities.

Basilio should stay dead getting killed by Walmart

He's useless, comes too late, gave the gem only after he's dying for no watsoever reason.

Aside from being shield director, he doesn't have any merit.

Priam is a much better substitute than him and even then there's no reason to pair either with feMU, aside for support log completion.

BASILIO

In his three and half chapters of availability, Rally Strength kind of rocks. And his combat is passable, especially against generals. All in all, pretty useful when he shows up since he has okay rallying utility, but man oh man, does his availability blow.

2/10, +.5 bias because he's my bro. 2.5/10

Incredibly underrated. Comes with Rally Strength, which in itself is pretty awesome, and he can ORKO Generals without needing a pair up which not many units can lay claim to. 3/10

Don't you put any stock in this availability hogwash. Minimizing expected turncount in C23, 24, and Final on both Hard and Lunatic requires his combat presence since efficient (in the strict sense) playthroughs won't have very big teams. Rally Strength helps a lot against Grima; bows and axes are convenient in 23 (Hammer) and 24 (Short Axe, maybe a bow shot).

4/10; 5/10 after bias because I like his bad jokes.

Edited by Redwall

Incredibly underrated. Comes with Rally Strength, which in itself is pretty awesome, and he can ORKO Generals without needing a pair up which not many units can lay claim to. 3/10

It's pretty funny when you mention that he's underrated and you rate him 3/10. =D

It's pretty funny when you mention that he's underrated and you rate him 3/10. =D

You can be an underrated unit, but still be pretty bad.

Basilio has some nice utility he provides during the little time he has on your team, but it's often overlooked. He's still bad, but at least he's not at Donnel's level of uselessness.

You can be an underrated unit, but still be pretty bad.

Basilio has some nice utility he provides during the little time he has on your team, but it's often overlooked. He's still bad, but at least he's not at Donnel's level of uselessness.

Yeah, I do understand about this logic. Even if not under-rated, he cannot be just 'bad'. That's how 'worse' he is.

Rating 10 -----------------------------------------------1

Awesome Good Average Bad Hell

I meant to say that he's underrated because I think he's a 3/10 when others give him a 1.5 or whatever.

yep, that's what I meant. Even if he's not underrated, he highest rating is 3.

Anyway, he can't have S support with Faliva right? What a useless character. I thought the story made him stronger than Lon'qu.

Sniping Aversa is fun

Basilio has some decent bases, especially in the HP and str departments. His growths are solid, but he joins at like chapter 23 so he doesn't really have much time to grow. He makes for a good filler unit with his bases and high weapon ranks, but this is Hard mode, so you don't really need him as much as you do on Lunatic and he will probably be worse than other trained units at this point. Oh well, he comes with Rally Strength and doesn't die easily, so he can be brought into a chapter for that. Counter is kinda meh so he can reclass right away and not care too much.

Basilio can reclass into Hero and keep his axe usage, get a better speed stat, and get Sol eventually. Reclassing into Berserker achieves basically the same thing with slightly lower defenses and Axefaire instead of Sol, though good luck getting him to 15 before the game is over. Reclassing to Great Knight doesn't help his speed, but gives him 1 mov and eventually Luna, and General isn't the best idea out of his possible choices.

3/10, he does more than people like Donnel or Ricken, like using Rally Strength, despite being around for like 20 less chapters or so

+1 bias because hes such a bro 4/10

Basilio

+ Pretty good if you use him I guess?

- Comes too late to make a worthy contribution

- Too late to the party

- Why bother

He's alright as a fighter, has alright reclass, though realistically he's staying Warrior for the rest of the main game. Virtually no supports so he wants to bring Flavia with him, which means you need to open up two spots to use him effectively. He's not completely useless but there is no real reason to use him. Rally Strength is helpful but you can do without it if no one else has it already. 1/10 but bias +1 because...do I need to explain? 2/10 biased, I would bias you up to 10 if I could man.

Also, this is relevant: (from the general fanart thread)

6c399d5e26362325a261023872eed1e0.jpg

Yep.

He's got a nice pool of HP, which is quite helpful because his Res is approximately garbage. He hits decently hard, but his support pool leaves something to be desired. If one doesn't mind diddling around, he can grab Luna for extra hilarity (and I mean REALLY diddling around). His growths are pretty good, sans RAEG SPEED. If he came a few chapters earlier, he'd be amazing.

3.75/10 (+1 bias included for the eyepatch)

Edited by eclipse

Basilio isn't that bad it's just that your team is just so much more stronger by now that everyone benches him after his joining chapter. Atleast he can hammer a general or two and can give like +8 strength to anyone that still has strength issues by now. 2/10 but +1 bias because I like him and eyepatch so final score is 3/10

Oh Basilio and his sweet brown arse.

Pros:

Basilio and his sweet brown arse.

Good weapon ranks.

Cons:

Joins late.

Support pool is ass.

Ill be honest, i never really used him or Flavia. So im a little fuzzy if hes actually any good or not. But his join time makes me go |:[ pretty hard. That and he just seems to be lagging compared to the rest of your team. Hes got sweet weapon ranks so thats cool. His support pool is butt and the only person you'd wanna put him with is Flavia. (Or Avatar if youre into the sweet brown arse...)

Ehh. If it wasnt for his awesome personality, id probably be like "you know what? Fuck this guy." But seeing how hes an in-universe asskicker, i cant help but put a bias point on him.

2/10.

3/10 with bias because destiny hogwash and sweet brown arse.

Slow and underwhelming. IIRC, he gets doubled in his join chapter. Rally Strength has about as much use as pairing with Flavia, which is the only thing he should be doing. Did I mention his join chapter was at the very end of the game?

1/10; 2/10 with bias. Like Owain Dark, I'd give him a lot more bias if I could, but as a unit, I already feel as though this is generous because of how late and bad he is.

Edited by Inference

Basilio is basically a slightly better version of Vaike who switched Speed for Defensive power (To be more precise, sacrifice Str and Skl Growth for more HP an Res growth...). He has good growth, an OK reclass option (who cares ?), and a good synergy with Flavia. However is support pool is really small, and he cames far too late. Rally strength boost his utility.

5.5/10, +1 bias at 6.5/10

EDIT : Also, in story, Gregor is supposed to be as strong as him, so...

Edited by TendaSlime