Fire Emblem: Wretched Whispers, Act 1: Three Days

SB.

Declan let out an almost pained laugh as he turned his head back to Vale. "No... it's fine. Stick around for a bit. Maybe it'll help me cheer up a little bit."

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wolfgang spaced out as the commander poke of the two options they had at the moment. It was not really his concern, he had no loyalties tying him to Irksa even if he used to be part of their military- that was merely for the sake of knowledge, and nothing more. He felt very tired after the battle, and wanted to take a nap, though he supposed it wouldn't be a good idea in case more enemies showed up.

Hmph, I need to relax. I'm going to have another drink, and this time I'm keeping to myself instead of trying something that might attract unwanted attention. thought Wolfgang as he proceeded to carry out his thoughts.

Sheikah glanced at some of the mercenaries and their odd conversations from her busywork. And I thought some of the people I used to work with were odd... At least they're mostly pretty good, so can't complain too much. Sighing, she shook her head and went back to her work, until the door opened and Nora walked in again, approaching her. The noble spoke quietly with Sheikah, looking somewhat alarmed, but after a quick discussion she left almost as quickly as she arrived. The boss stood up with a slightly aggravated expression, rapping on the table to draw the attention of the mercenaries.

"Hey, listen up. We have a bit of a change of plans due to some sightings of unruly characters not too far outside the city. The bunch of 'em seem to be related to our job, and the city guard doesn't want to leave in case it's a diversion to protect the citizens, so looks like we're getting started on what we were hired for a bit early," she explained. "So I guess we're not getting as good a break as we hoped for again. Do whatever you gotta do so that we can get things going and be ready with good timing, alright? And uh... you," Sheikah verbally stumbled, ruining her composure a bit, before thinking quickly on his name and remembering. "It's Ivan, right? We need to talk about your employment and that sort of stuff. You seemed eager to go with us, from what I heard, and I don't have problems hiring someone who helped us out in the last battle, but if you have any other intentions I would like to know of them now, before we get too deep into the thick of things."

"Oh? Well, I'm satisfied too. It's good we're going to confront those that work with the monsters." Magali slowly brought herself to her calm, usual manner. "That book... good for you, hm? Means less you need to spend on, if you can use it fine."

When her slow speech was interrupted by Sheikah's announcement, Magali nodded back and gave a small sigh. "Well, the day just began, I guess that's to be expected." She turned to the shaman girl once more. "That reminds me... I got a new staff, but I wonder... your magic talent is very good, and when it is time for our healing duties, things seem to go better if I support you with my dances. My old staff still works, and I have this other fancy one... what do you say of keeping this one as a gift, then?"

"You sound better. Zat's good," Mel said with a smile as she flipped through the book. She took out a quill and began to replace words here and there, scribbling some of them out and switching them for her own. "Juste need to change some of ze words around 'ere, to make eet easier for me to work wis... Not too much work. But vrai, eet is good to save money, when I can..." She thought about the other tome, and how quick she'd been to buy it. At least it had helped out in their last battle, but it felt a bit off saying that saving money was good when she'd been so fast on getting rid of hers.

Mel nodded to Sheikah (whom she was still a bit apprehensive towards) and made sure to keep herself ready to go. As long as she was only writing, that shouldn't be too hard. Though writing wasn't going to be the only thing she was going to be doing, as her cheeks flushed a little. "Ben, v-vraiment? I mean, sank you, for ze compliments, encore, mais..." Mel set her quill down and fidgeted awkwardly in her seat. "I do not know. Would you really be alright wis zat? You juste spent ze rest of votre gold on eet, and for me to juste take eet, ben..."

A little bit despondent that the card game was going to be interrupted, Diana riffed her cards and laid them down on the table, face down.

"Well... do we want to just compare hands at this junction and see who had the best hand, or something else?" She asked.

"It's Ivan, right? We need to talk about your employment and that sort of stuff. You seemed eager to go with us, from what I heard, and I don't have problems hiring someone who helped us out in the last battle, but if you have any other intentions I would like to know of them now, before we get too deep into the thick of things."

Ivan saw girl with the strange way of speaking. Ivan try to pick up what she say, he just wish she speak properable. There was others too, but maybe Ivan would get to knowing them later.

Ivan eventually notice supposed boss was talking more words at him. Ivan give a salute and enthusiastically shout:

"Yes, I Ivan, demon lady! You are friend of demon lord, and I will work for meals, Ivan not concerned as long as fighting snaketongues!"

"If you want to be knowing more, Ivan can tell!"

Edited by Tryhard

Sheikah stared at Ivan, a bit dumbfounded after his response. "Excuse me? Demon lady? I am Sheikah. Around here, I'm the boss, but nothing more. What's your story? How did you manage to get involved with joining us?"

Sheikah stared at Ivan, a bit dumbfounded after his response. "Excuse me? Demon lady? I am Sheikah. Around here, I'm the boss, but nothing more. What's your story? How did you manage to get involved with joining us?"

Ivan made another blunder! Stupid, stupid!

Ivan try to redeem him.

"Er, yah, Sheikah. The one with the wyvern..." Ivan was apprenhensive calling demon lord now, "He told me I could do the purging of the enemies... but I not know his name. Ivan will help, it is duty to bring JUSTICE!"

Ivan pause in thoughtness. Sheikah mention name earlier, because he purge this Kreug coward. It Loogie or something, yah?

Edited by Tryhard

"I'm alright with that, yes." Magali nodded. "Staves aren't cheap, that is true. But I think I can still make use of my old one for the time being. I figured you'd still want to try healing, you have the ability to, so it would be easier if you had your own staff." She leaned a bit against the table, expecting the shamaness' reply.

"Bien... I will take eet." She smiled sheepishly, and took the staff, rather grateful that she was being trusted with something she was so keen on continuing to learn. Melanie ended up wiggling happily in her chair. "Donc, ehm... What shall we do until we leave? I do not 'ave anysing else to do een town." With a silly smile on her face she idly leaned onto the table.

Taima shrugged. "No sense in continuing on I guess if two out of three want to stop. Here, lets show hands. Probably leaving soon anyways." With that, she tossed her hand face up on the table.

"I don't know." Magali said plainly. "I guess I'll just waste time until we're ready to leave... I don't have many ideas right now. Maybe something to eat? It might be a while until we come back or stop to rest after we leave."

Declan slumped back in his chair. Gazing over at Vale, he decided to size up the new guy... and he liked what he saw. For some reason, there was something about his current companion that had him... intrigued. I wonder if this is another indication that I'm slowly losing my mind...? He thought, as he sloshed around his drink and slumped just a bit more into his chair.

"One on the wyvern? Purging of the enemies...?" Lugos, what did you do? Sheikah didn't seem any more understanding of the situation despite his explantation at all. "I don't... I'll just pay you same as everyone else, I guess."

"Oh, bien, alright. I shall sit 'ere and continue to check over zis book." Mel hadn't been wondering about food, but she hadn't felt entirely hungry when she thought about it. Making sure she could cast the magic was top priority. Now that people, or at least Magali, had confidence in her magic, and were trusting her to use it properly, she couldn't let them down. Well, she couldn't before, but she had more reason not to now.

Sighing as he didn't seem to be getting any more conversation out of Vale, Declan stood up and headed towards the door, slumping against the wall next to it and falling to the floor, slowly.

"One on the wyvern? Purging of the enemies...?" Lugos, what did you do? Sheikah didn't seem any more understanding of the situation despite his explantation at all. "I don't... I'll just pay you same as everyone else, I guess."

Ivan was relieve. Sheikah demon lady did not have a problem with Ivan coming with group of dark warriors. Ivan salute one more.

"Ivan work with strengthfulness of ten men, Ivan promise!" he declared.

Ivan look around, see his new less-dead partners. Ivan wondering if any them be noticing him.

Ivan saw bulk man slide to ground. Strange people, Ivan not understand. Ivan felt out of place, and Ivan wonder if judging eyes back. The judging eyes always there, yah?

Edited by Tryhard

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 3: Return of the Cult

After a bit of time to pack up and head out, the Hollows began heading towards the woods where their targets were reported to be and began to search. Time passed slowly and fruitlessly before Sheikah visibly expressed her anger. "Damn it, his isn't even remotely close to town at all! How were these guys possibly giving anybody problems?"

But she lead onwards. Not too long afterwards there were indeed signs of a scuffle, and the group that seemed to be the perpetrators weren't much further ahead. "Oh," she muttered sheepishly. Several humans and a few monsters they seemed to be in league with were engaged in the distance with an indiscernible foe. A nearby swordfighter was the first to notice the mercenaries, and with a shout the rest of the humans diverted their attention and readied themselves for battle. "Looks like we're on track, huh? You guys know the drill by now. Get going!"

---

Turn 1

HmmF54F.png

Objective: Rout all enemies!

Stats are here!

[spoiler=HP Counts]

Peter 33/33
Taima 31/31
Declan 23/23
Magali 24/24
Melanie 27/27
Lugos 30/30
Artemis 28/28
Diana 30/30
Wolfgang 22/22
Ivan 28/28
Vale 30/30
Celestia 27/27
Sheikah 25/25
Calden 26/26
Luke 33/33
Myrmidon A 28/28
Myrmidon B 27/27
Mercenary A 31/31
Mercenary B 30/30
Mercenary C 31/31
Mercenary D 32/32
Archer A 31/31
Archer B 30/30
Archer C 28/28
Archer D 32/32
Fighter A 36/36
Fighter B 33/33
Fighter C 35/35
Fighter D 36/36
Monk A 27/27
Monk B 28/28
Monk C 29/29
Monk D 26/26
Revenant A 39/39
Revenant B 38/38
Revenant C 37/37

//Celestia Elianne may now post!
Edited by SB.

"Let's get this battle over with," Artemis said resignedly.

Artemis to (14,3) attack with Forged Thunder canto to (13,1)

Edited by Refa

Franchement, already... Donc, let us start! Melanie ran into the nearby woods for some better cover, hoping to surprise the man that Artmemis had already thrown thunder at.

Mel to 15,2, attacks Fighter C with Contaminate.

Ivan never one to fighting headfirst, Ivan was brainsmans. He got all figured out.

Ivan duck into woods nearby and try to make with the steal, yah?

Ivan moves to 14, 4 and tries to make steal Vulnerary from Fighter C!

Edited by Tryhard

Seeing both Artemis and Melanie weaken one of the enemies, Lugos figured he ought to finish him off.

Lugos moves to 14,3, incinerates Fighter C with Fire and cantos to 14,1.

The attempts on the fighter's life weren't particularly successful.

Artemis hits! Fighter C->18/35 (85,22)

Artemis gains 10 exp.
Melanie misses! (95,75)

Melanie gains 1 exp.
Ivan obtains a vulnerary!
Ivan gains 10 exp.
Lugos misses! (95,16)

Lugos gains 1 exp.
Edited by SB.