FE6 HM 0% growths, with commentary (complete)

dondon151

i would be rigging a lot, so:

alance > noah

shanna > tate

saul would actually be good

in normal LTC, a bolting user is amazing, so i would probably be rigging lilina a lot as well. lugh is easier to rig, but he doesn't have the critical support for lategame.

Edited by dondon151

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 18I is completed in 4 turns.

Chapter information

Important weapons

86.gifHammerne (ハマーン)
C rank staff | 1 rng | Repairs selected weapon to full durability

The Hammerne staff fully repairs a selected target weapon or staff. For this playthrough, all 3 of its uses will go towards repairing the Warp staff. Because weapons disappear upon breaking in FE6, Hammerne must repair targets with at least 1 use remaining.

alance > noah

shanna > tate

in normal LTC, a bolting user is amazing, so i would probably be rigging lilina a lot as well. lugh is easier to rig, but he doesn't have the critical support for lategame.

Yeah, I've been testing the stuff you suggested speaking of a Bolting user in normal LTC.

When I get my new laptop maybe I can start doing a more solid not (test) run lol.

Zeiss hype! His Str stat is so huge wtf. And that's like, without growths too. Damn.

And I'm gonna have to join Raven in reporting dondon, but only after the run is finished.

It is interesting to think that this run attempt is very RNG dependent upon making sure you get everything working out properly. For example, Miredi hitting a 21 critical rate on a ~50% display to OHKO the boss on 2 health lol

Now that I remember from earlier Rutger's early game success is only dependent upon getting critical hits for the most part apart from having the speed to double certain things.

I wonder if many of the things in this game could be done in a manner with a similar turn count, but less tool assisted in making sure the RNG turns out the way you want it to be. I suppose perhaps not in hard mode. But, normal mode by be possible with reduced stats hit rates are more reliable compared to your units.

Edited by Vorena

hitrates really don't get much better. The need for crits might disappear on some bosses, but the hitrates will always bee an issue, such is the nature of FE6

even just normal combat is sometimes an issue when your attacks are multiple 75%'s or something.

hitrates really don't get much better. The need for crits might disappear on some bosses, but the hitrates will always bee an issue, such is the nature of FE6

even just normal combat is sometimes an issue when your attacks are multiple 75%'s or something.

Well, looking at some boss stats the ch1 boss would lose 5evade while ch4 loses9. Factoring true hit that can add more reliability.

One only needs 78 display to reach a 90 true hit. So, the last ch dd did on normal mode would have 11 less evade and 5 less crit evade. Granted, moledy would be not as good, but it does show enemies can have a significant dodge decrease.

Edited by Vorena

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkvn3UEwBfg

Chapter 19I is completed in 4 turns.

Chapter information

[spoiler=]

New characters

TbWGGEl.png
Niime (ニイメ) - Druid L18
25 HP | 21 mag | 20 skl | 16 spd | 5 def | 18 res | 15 luk | 4 con | 6 mov | A dark, A staves

If Milady and Perceval tear up the game by brute force, then this little old lady does it in her own unassuming way.

Niime has an actual mag stat to back up her staff mastery, allowing her to warp allies over long distances and inflict status on mostly any enemy. She also has considerable offensive presence, but abysmal durability means that she has to rely on avo to survive combat.

Extra note

In retrospect, deploying Saul instead of Clarine would have reduced Niime's chance of death on turn 2 EP. Saul could have still performed the rescue chain on Roy, and he would have been able to restore Niime's HP to 23 with Physic. This would have reduced her chance of death on turn 2 EP from 59.7% to 39.4%.

Edited by dondon151

Well, looking at some boss stats the ch1 boss would lose 5evade while ch4 loses9. Factoring true hit that can add more reliability.

One only needs 78 display to reach a 90 true hit. So, the last ch dd did on normal mode would have 11 less evade and 5 less crit evade. Granted, moledy would be not as good, but it does show enemies can have a significant dodge decrease.

Chapter 1's boss is killed with the Silver Lance in normal mode (since Marcus ORKO's) so the bosskill is much less reliable since IIRC dondon just used swords on Marcus here since it can be completed 1-2 turns faster.

I'm not saying that it wouldn't be easier or more reliable - it would, but you'd still have awful hitrates that would only get very slightly better.

Also, I'm surprised dondon didn't mention Apocalypse increasing staff range on Niime, unless you're waiting till you get the tome to say that.

Edited by General Horace

alance > noah

shanna > tate

Uhmmm I meant without riggin actually :) You think you can only LTC this game WITH it? When wil bolting really help you out? Also, how will you feed Lillina enough EXP, while still rushing through? It seems almost impossible to me...

well strictly speaking, rigging will always be faster than not rigging, and even a small amount of rigging will save turns compared to "not rigging" at all (which i'm assuming means adhering perfectly to expected stats). it's technically impossible to not rig at all because every action that perform may advance the RNG.

Uhmmm I meant without riggin actually :) You think you can only LTC this game WITH it? When wil bolting really help you out? Also, how will you feed Lillina enough EXP, while still rushing through? It seems almost impossible to me...

max mag lilina can ORKO murdoch in chapter 21 with at least a +1 atk support and a crit, OHKO brunya in chapter 23 with a crit, and ORKO every throne manakete in chapter 24 with a crit. it saves warp uses and reduces the number of boots necessary. positive feedback after gaining like 7 straight levels of mag and spd should help her get kills on her own (in addition to rigging dodges).

https://youtube.com/watch?v=E4-4T0zqPRc

Chapter 20I is completed in 2 turns.

Chapter information

[spoiler=]
New characters

QRGU5fM.png
Juno (ユーノ) - Falcoknight L9
33 HP | 11 str | 14 skl | 16 spd | 8 def | 12 res | 14 luk | 7 con | 8 mov | E swords, A lances

I'll take another flier, but Juno's stats are worse than those of Tate, who joined 12 chapters ago.

Important weapons

84.gif Rescue (レスキュー)
B rank staff | 1 ~ (5 + mag/2) rng | Brings target unit to tile adjacent to user

The Rescue staff is like the inverse of the Warp staff. It's not quite as powerful, nor does it have as many uses.

nosferatu.png Nosferatu (リザイア)
C rank dark | 1 ~ 2 rng | 6 WT | 10 MT | 70 hit | 0 crit | Absorbs enemy HP

Nosferatu is one of 2 weapons in the game that have the unique ability to absorb enemy HP. (The other one is unobtainable.) When equipped, this largely offsets Niime's abysmal physical durability, for as long as she can survive an enemy attack and manage to land a hit, she can come out of any circumstance alive.

Mechanics notes

Enemy AI with status staves, part 2

The second notable enemy AI rule that can be abused has to do with target priority.

Staff targeting priority is in reverse deployment roster order with a 5 hit threshold.

eXRmSao.jpg
Niime, Douglas, and Garret are at the bottom of the deployment roster. They are the first to be targeted with status.

In later chapters, I will deploy Fae in the lowest slot to draw and dodge multiple status staves per turn with her base 26 res. Enemies will skip over a target if they are unable to muster a hit rate of at least 5 hit from where they are originally standing. It's possible, though rare, for an enemy staffer to pass the 5 hit check, move away, and target a unit at less than 5 hit.

Units who join when a chapter is in progress get added to the bottom of the roster order, but Juno doesn't get targeted in this chapter because she has no weapons.

Edited by dondon151