The Well

Prims

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Radiant Dragon [9]: kirsche, Reinfleche, Levity, Paperblade, BBM, Vhaltz, eclipse, Weapons, Bluedoom

Elieson [5]: Levity, Radiant Dragon, Excellen, Vhaltz, Bluedoom

Refa [5]: Radiant Dragon, Eurykins, Vhaltz, eclipse, Bluedoom

kirsche [3]: Levity, Paperblade, Eurykins

Psych [2]: Elieson, BBM

Prims [2]: Refa, BBM

SB [2]: kirsche, Prims

Weapons [2]: Reinfleche, Radiant Dragon

Shinori [2]: Paperblade, Eurykins

Bluedoom [1]: Elieson

Shin [1]: Elieson

Strawman [1]: Reinfleche

BBM [1]: Prims

Manix [1]: Prims

Nomination time is over, RD is up next.

Well, I'm Radiant Dragon, although I typically just go by Radiant these days (but that username is already taken on Serenes). I'm 22 years old and live close to the Portland area in Oregon, USA. I've been married for two years and am currently preparing to go back to school to finish a degree in Architectural Design. I used to be very active on the Mafia and Draft subforums before I took some time off to do some volunteer work in the southern United States. Since I traveled pretty often I didn't have a consistent wifi connection, so I couldn't get on very often.

I've played in 20 mafia games (some more so than others) and hosted 2, which were Mitnala Rising and Ivalice Mafia. I'm also currently working on a set-up for another game that may be ready to put on the queue soon. My favorite game was probably Tales of the Abyss Mafia or Duel Terminal Mafia, and my least favorite was Death Note Mafia.

Anyway, feel free to ask me anything, although I reserve the right to not answer requests for my credit card information.

1. Would your wife play mafia?

2. Do you plan to resume playing mafia frequently?

3. Favourite video game series? Favourite game in said series?

4. Do you drink alcohol and, if so, which is your favourite alcholic beverage?

5. What volunteer work did you do?

6. What are your bank account details?

Edited by kirsche

1. Would your wife play mafia?

2. Do you plan to resume playing mafia frequently?

3. Favourite video game series? Favourite game in said series?

4. Do you drink alcohol and, if so, which is your favourite alcholic beverage?

5. What volunteer work did you do?

6. What are your bank account details?

1. Maybe? I haven't thought to ask her, I should do that.

2. Unfortunately, no. Since I'm working and I'll be going to school shortly as well, I simply won't have the time to put in the effort required to contribute well. I feel I'd just be letting my team down because I would only be able to get on once a day, and it's extremely difficult for me to keep up with everything that way. I might play a game between terms, but that's it probably.

That being said, I do plan to host occasionally. I'll still be able to post updates and answer questions consistently. Just don't expect there to be a day-vig or similar role in my games.

3. My favorite video game series is easily Fire Emblem, nothing else comes close. It's difficult to choose a favorite, though. Path of Radiance had the best story-telling and support structure in my opinion, but I've put more hours into Blazing Sword and Radiant Dawn, and far more than even that into Awakening (although I wouldn't consider Awakening in contention to be my favorite, since it was too weak in other areas).

So this answer sounds less of a cop-out, other series I really enjoy are Kingdom Hearts, Borderlands, Rune Factory, Dragon Age and the Final Fantasy Tactics games.

4. I do drink occasionally, and I typically prefer fruity, 'girly' drinks or wine. I like some beers as well, although I dislike most of the strong drinks like scotch, rum and vodka.

5. I worked with several Habitat for Humanity affiliates, usually on the construction sites but also occasionally in their ReStores. Typically my role was to help guide the volunteers and free up the construction staff to concentrate more on the big picture and making sure everything was getting done correctly.

6. Ugh, fine. My debit card number is 5555-5556-5557-5558, security code 666, pin 1337. Don't spend it all in one place.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

How did you meet your wife, and was there a specific reason for getting married at such a young age?

How long are you going to stay around and play mafia? On a permanent basis or just until you start school again? It would suck if you have to go back to school by the time the community is interested in actively playing mafia again.

OC or NOC?

Favourite novel and favourite movie?

Edited by BBM

How did you meet your wife, and was there a specific reason for getting married at such a young age?

How long are you going to stay around and play mafia? On a permanent basis or just until you start school again? It would suck if you have to go back to school by the time the community is interested in actively playing mafia again.

OC or NOC?

Favourite novel and favourite movie?

I met my wife while going to school, and we decided to get married before traveling and volunteering together.

Definitely plan on staying and being part of the community, I just won't be able to play in a bunch of games.

OC 100%. Not that I dislike NOC (it's a closer representation of real-world Mafia), but it's how I started playing and it's what I'm comfortable with. The two styles of games are very different. Plus, I'm actually pretty terrible at NOC, so there's that.

My favorite novels would probably be the His Dark Materials series, although the Pendragon series is also extremely good. Favorite movie is easily Finding Nemo, they just did so many things right with that movie.

1. Why the name Radiant Dragon?

2. How awesome are you on a scale from 1 to 11?

3. Favorite hobbies?

1. Funnily, many people assume (not surprisingly) that I named myself after Radiant Dawn. However, I actually choose the name before I knew about Fire Emblem, when I was younger trying to come up with a name for my e-mail address. The name just kind of stuck after that, even after I changed my e-mail address.

2. Probably a 5 or so. I'm pretty boring.

3. Magic the Gathering is a pretty big hobby of mine. Aside from that, reading and playing video games. Although mostly I just prefer to spend time doing random stuff with my friends. Also, walks. I take walks pretty often when I can.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

Have you played KH2.5 yet?

I haven't, mostly only because I don't have a PS3. I have a friend with both 1.5 and 2.5, but I'm playing through KH1:Final Mix before starting 2.5. Really looking forward to it though, Limit mode looks extremely fun.

1) Ideal 12 people you'd want to play with in a 13p NOC game?

2) Ideal 12 people you'd want to play with in a 13p OC game?

3) i had no idea were you married, are you planning on having kids or are you not interested in that?

4) why does paperblade think you're perfect waifu material

5) wich 2hu wuld u fuk

RD, you are making me feel OLD! BANNED!! :P:

What do you spend more money on per month, MtG or food?

Mission Accomplished

Most months food, as my schedule doesn't let me consistently participate in sanctioned events. I end up mostly playing Commander games with my friends, while going to FNM and prereleases when I'm able.

1) Ideal 12 people you'd want to play with in a 13p NOC game?

2) Ideal 12 people you'd want to play with in a 13p OC game?

3) i had no idea were you married, are you planning on having kids or are you not interested in that?

4) why does paperblade think you're perfect waifu material

5) wich 2hu wuld u fuk

1 & 2 - The majority of my choices would be players who no longer play frequently, as I haven't played many games recently enough to know any of the current players very well.

3 - Not currently planning of having any children, partly due to the fact that I am still pretty young (unlike eclipse). Maybe someday? We'll see.

4 - First I've heard of this. My wife certainly seems to think so also, so maybe he's just jealous?

5 - Toyohime apparently, thanks to my pro Google skills. I was also encouraged to marry her (or him, I guess. I don't know.), which seems to support Paperblade's theory.

I missed SFMM2, so this is the first time I've seen that, but it's AWESOME. That post restriction is hilarious, and reminds me of the Anouleth role from SFMM1.

As for the waifu comment, I have no idea. Maybe it has something to do with my name (since dragons in FE are typically attractive, young-looking females)?

My money's still on jealousy, though.

favorite roles? do they differ between noc and oc?thoughts on vanilla-heavy oc games?

Information roles such as cop or watcher/tracker are probably my favorite to play as, regardless of OC or NOC. I also really enjoy bodyguard, redirector and cult.

I'm a fan of games that utilize vanillas because they can go a long way to reducing the swingy-ness of a set-up. It can also encourage players to talk to others more than they might otherwise to make up for it and reduce the town's reliance on a single village leader.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

So, did you go to the last pre-release?

And why did you give Prims a serious answer to the Touhou question? I just named the only dude I could think of. :P: