The Well

Prims

1) Why do you want to change from Computer Science to Computer Engineering?

I've been giving it a thought because of the shift to focus on hardware (at least from my understanding, comparing the two courses in my university). However, it also takes a lot of freedom I could have with electives, and I believe there might be less scholarships prospects and incentives to study abroad, which is one of my aims. So I can't say anything concrete about it yet.

2) How do you predict you'll totally win your next mafia game?

I'll totally win by redirecting the vigilante to the last scum member, whom I was townreading, by accident. Yeah!

3) Favorite FE game besides Thracia 776 and why?

Hmmm

I really enjoy messing with skills, so I'd say FE10 because from a gameplay point of view I found it very fun.

FE11 was the first FE I actually owned though and is satisfying to play through casually, but I'd probably put it as a third.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you mafia that much anymore as of late?

What kinds of pets do you have and/or want?

What inspired the name "Xinnidy"?

Do you still ship us?

Which mafia game(s) have been your favorite to play in?

Why don't you mafia that much anymore as of late?

I find I take a lot of my time in mafia, especially NOC. Like I said in my intro post, it takes a lot of free time management I just don't trust myself to. Maybe when I'm able to multitask better, but as long as I'm not on break, I'd rather not risk losing focus of my studies again.

What kinds of pets do you have and/or want?

I don't have pets, but if I were, I'd keep to something small. Like hamsters, I'm partial to hamsters. Parrots are pretty cool and common here too.

I'm not really much of a pet person otherwise, sorry. :[

What inspired the name "Xinnidy"?

Well, you see!

I actually started out as "Xinux", it was the name my friend named my town in Animal Crossing: Wild World when we were playing on his house. I asked why he gave it that name, and he just shrugged and said it was random. I found it a funny term, so I started using it as an username when I got into forums again.

I got into a (now defunct) small pokémon forum with very basic RPing, and quickly the community just started calling me "Xin", one of the mods used to go "xin xin xinnidy xin" when addressing me sometimes, and it stuck from there since because I thought it sounded neat.

So it's an username that kinda devolved into a nickname of its own right.

Do you still ship us?

I dunno, you tell me. :P:

Which mafia game(s) have been your favorite to play in?

I'd say the ones I didn't sub out and won but uh...

That's Shining Force 2, Midnight Crew and Final Fantasy Mafia. Seems dubious.

The games I really did enjoy were the ones I felt my participation was significant regardless of results, so I'd say I'm fond of Shipping Mafia, Touhou NOCfia and Volcanic Anonymafia, despite being losses and two of them having significant inactivity problems from some other players.

1. 12 other people you'd want to play with in a 13p NOC game?

2. 12 other people you'd want to play with in a 13p OC game?

3. would you be willing to talk to me about voice training some time if you have any experience with that (I'm sorry if this is too personal or something, I have no idea.)

4. wich 2hu wuld u fuk

will ask more when i'm not about to leave for class

1.Yo. Wassup?

2.Why did you join SF Mafia initially?

3.Favourite role?

4.Favourite avatar?

5.Favourite mafia player?

6.Which is your most favourite section on Serenes Forest Forums?

7.If another CYOR mafia game was coming up, what character would you pick?

8.Why did you join SF? Did you draft a lot?(Can't remember if you even drafted, actually)

9.Favourite FE character?

10. I'm running out of questions. Could you please suggest a question for me to ask you?

11.If you do suggest, WILL YOU ANSWER THAT QUESTION?

Woop! Time to get on those questions!

1) Favourite video game in general aside from FE games?

2) Thoughts on South Park?

3) Thoughts on Lewis Carroll?

1) I really, really enjoy the X-COM series, even if I'm relatively new to it. I'm really fond of strategy games and micro-management in general, if it's RTS or Turn-based strategy, I've probably played it to some degree. (Except Sengoku Rance sorry prims)

2) I know very little about South Park. I can't even say I know what it's about except that it tends to parody stuff? My aunt liked it, but I wasn't allowed to watch it when I was young, and I never bothered to pick it up when I grew, so...

I wasn't allowed to watch quite a few things as a kid, like Digimon and Dragon Ball too. I don't know a lot about those series either, same reason.

3) Lewis Carroll did a lot of work in the field of logic! Which is actually pretty cool to me because logic was a different and interesting field of math when I started on my major. Alice in the Wonderland was a bit thought-inducing when I was a kid (mostly because of Disney's interpretation, tbh), but when I look at it again it feels like something that'd connect more to a kid raised in British culture better, from things like the tea party, the Mad Hatter's riddles, and the Queen of Hearts. Or maybe I'm just babbling about a culture I don't know much.

1. 12 other people you'd want to play with in a 13p NOC game?

2. 12 other people you'd want to play with in a 13p OC game?

3. would you be willing to talk to me about voice training some time if you have any experience with that (I'm sorry if this is too personal or something, I have no idea.)

4. wich 2hu wuld u fuk

1) and 2) in order of whoever pops up in my mind first:

[spoiler=NOC]

1.SB

2.Refa

3.prims

4.Shin

5.BBM

6.Vhaltz

7.Elieson

8.eclipse

9.Manix

10.scorri

11.Helios

12.kirsche

[spoiler=OC]

1.Rein

2.Blitz

3.Elieson

4.BBM

5.SB

6.Refa

7.Mitsuki

8.Vhaltz

9.Paperblade

10.Shinori

11.Bluedoom

12.Helios

3) Sure. I'm a bit out of touch but I believe I still could help.

4) 2hus are too last decade, sorry boss!

Plot Twist answer: Rinnosugay.

Oh, new page.

Getting on these.

Edited by Xinnidy

Do you like maths? If so what non-computer sciency bit of maths interests you the most?

I guess as a brit who adores Lewis Carroll and Alice in Wonderland in particular I guess I support your hypothesis.

1) as somebody who hasn't played SRW other than OG1 Kyosuke route and an unfinished OG2 file, what are good games in the series to try next?

2) Top 5 SRW characters? also wich 1 wuld u fuk?

1.Yo. Wassup?

2.Why did you join SF Mafia initially?

3.Favourite role?

4.Favourite avatar?

5.Favourite mafia player?

6.Which is your most favourite section on Serenes Forest Forums?

7.If another CYOR mafia game was coming up, what character would you pick?

8.Why did you join SF? Did you draft a lot?(Can't remember if you even drafted, actually)

9.Favourite FE character?

10. I'm running out of questions. Could you please suggest a question for me to ask you?

11.If you do suggest, WILL YOU ANSWER THAT QUESTION?

[spoiler=many answers]

1)Not much. Same old, still wondering why time is going too fast.

2)Boron introduced me to SF mafia by showing some games she played at, I found it interesting but didn't know if I'd adapt well. When Void Mafia opened signups she said OC would be good for a starter game and encouraged me to play, so I did!

3)Doctor! I think I play very well for the role of "try to not get attention to yourself" but I never really used the role that well. Actually, from the roles I've had I'm more partial to motivator but it's probably not very balanced. Usually.

4) Whose? Mine?

I don't have a lot of my older avatars anymore but I liked my Mia (Golden Sun) ones. They're the more memorable ones for me, probably because I joined mafia around that time.

5) I like seeing prims' play whenever I want to learn mafia on a technical level because I think he's very good at reading people's internet behavior.

6) Creative.

7) Probably Dan Hibiki because I've been playing Street Fighter more often recently as he's super silly. Also I like his story a bit.

8) I joined because people mentioned it in LPs I watched and I was like "you know what I don't go to that pokemon forum anymore and I like Fire Emblem so I'll bite".

I drafted quite a bit (I won the FE6 super draft 2 competition!), but I ended up losing focus with most of my drafts (or losing the file at endgame thanks to formatting my laptop, I'm sorry FE10 draft ;_;). I still have plans to pick up a draft and mass-update it but I don't know how fun it would be for people to see me play two-year-old drafts and so.

9) Hicks from FE5 because he has that family man thing going on, uses axes, and kinda looks like male!me. No ego.

Actually as far as characters with more than one line of dialogue go I really like Marcia.

10) "How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?"

11) Click the question to receive your answer.

What is your favorite EO game and your favorite EO class?

I really like EO2 because of the setting it puts you in and the general feel with the soundtrack and plot but I would reccommend waiting for Untold 2 (which is already out in Japan). While smoother than EO1, EO2 still has some coding mistakes regarding some skills and has a questionable action speed formula imo.

Favorite class in general is Troubadour/Dancer because I really like options to buff your team in EO.

Do you like maths? If so what non-computer sciency bit of maths interests you the most?

Yes! I find it very interesting to use math to describe space and approximations, so geometry and calculus are subjects I find interesting for their more broad purposes.

1) as somebody who hasn't played SRW other than OG1 Kyosuke route and an unfinished OG2 file, what are good games in the series to try next?

2) Top 5 SRW characters? also wich 1 wuld u fuk?

1) SRW J is considered a good starting game because it simplifies micromanaging and is just generally simple to pick up. It's for the GBA and has a full translation floating around.

Alpha Gaiden also has a full translation floating around but I haven't played it yet and its prequel isn't fully translated so I don't know how it would tie. I have a friend that found it fun though. It has quite a few OG people that show up later in OG1 and 2 (though they're treated as alternate universes).

2)1.Ibis for best srw

2.Irm

3.Ryoto

4.Radha

5.Gilliam

4) What upcoming game are you most looking forwards too (Note: SMT x FE doesn't count)?

5) Favorite avatar of someone elses'?

6) What do you think...about Casual Mode (dun dun dun)?

Favorite mafia game you were not a player in?

Favorite avatar you've ever had on SF?

Favorite food and drink?

1) Tyne-wear mafia was FULLY SICK and probably more enjoyable because I was onto the flavor in-jokes.

Badass mafia also was pretty cool. Nothing to do with the fact that I co-hosted it, nope.

2) I've already answered this question! I think my Mia (Golden Sun) ones were more memorable to me, probably because it reminds me of early mafia and a cheekier young me.

3) Buttered-up couscous with jerky beef (as opposed to stew) is probably my favorite home-made dish. It's a pretty dry dish, but that's how I like my food anyways.

Coca-cola is my very guilty pleasure carbonated drink that I need to learn how to moderate. Strawberry Latté is up there. Darn sweet tooth.

4) What upcoming game are you most looking forwards too (Note: SMT x FE doesn't count)?

5) Favorite avatar of someone elses'?

6) What do you think...about Casual Mode (dun dun dun)?

4) Honestly I am kinda hoping cool games take their time in development because I already wasted a lot of my budget in presents these holidays and haven't had work since January, haha.

FE14 is definitely hype, also SUPER ROBOT WARS Z3 PART 2!

5) The one avatar which actually looked like you (or so you said). Jaltoid is great.

6) I have no strong feelings about it. I've never played on the mode, but if it draws a bigger fanbase for FE, then all the more power to IS.

Who knows, maybe in the future we'll be seeing KAMIKAZE ARMOR KNIGHT DROPS FROM THE SKY as the new LTC, whoah!

Do you like me? Yes [x]
                No  []

You're a funny Australian, Balderdash.

Most Australian people here in SF are pretty cool, or maybe that's just my luck.

Cheers about the government though.

Do you think we should revive the Folgore Rangers?

It wouldn't hurt to try! Folgore Rangers seems a zany enough thing that it wouldn't mind existing with highly unregular story schedules, it shouldn't be hard picking it up again.

why don`t you join MAFIA more often

Because, as I kinda implied, I'm horrible with my free time. It's a work in progress though, maybe some months from now I'll be able to juggle mafia alongside my studies and RPs.

Who is the person (or people) from the SF mafia community you'd like to meet IRL the most?

I'd question whether I know anyone that intimately to say It'd be cool to meet irl, but assuming all parties involved are cool with it, It'd be pretty cool to meet Shin/Boron, Viata, or Elieson irl.

7) Why does BBM join mafia too much?

You see while BBM tries to pass off as a random engineering student that builds robots for course projects he is actually a robot secretly on a mission from the future to the past to save the future from the past's future's past future future future by creating his android army to overthrow the government from the inside.

To do that, BBM constantly studies data from humans interacting in mafia games and improves his own AI that way to pass off as a human, it's why he can't stop.

Every time you allow him to play a mafia game, humanity gets one step closer to robot apocalypse... maybe.

You see while BBM tries to pass off as a random engineering student that builds robots for course projects he is actually a robot secretly on a mission from the future to the past to save the future from the past's future's past future future future by creating his android army to overthrow the government from the inside.

To do that, BBM constantly studies data from humans interacting in mafia games and improves his own AI that way to pass off as a human, it's why he can't stop.

Every time you allow him to play a mafia game, humanity gets one step closer to robot apocalypse... maybe.

Gotta say this is the funniest answer I've seen in this thread.

So, who do you think is the funniest mafia player on SF?

Who do you think is the most serious mafia player on SF?

FE game that you prefer to draft in?

Funniest mafia moment that you can remember?

Doom Room Groom Broom Boom?

So, who do you think is the funniest mafia player on SF?

Who do you think is the most serious mafia player on SF?

FE game that you prefer to draft in?

Funniest mafia moment that you can remember?

Doom Room Groom Broom Boom?

1) Probably Refa. It takes some sensitivity to be funny and tongue-in-cheek in mafia while not bothering other people or sounding pretentious due to the nature of the game, and Refa acknowledges that while still trying to lift the mood his own way. It's a touchy chore, I'll give him credit for that.

2) Eclipse. She's the most analytic most of the time, at least as I see it, in a good way (except for when I try to read her, mrgrgr).

3) FE8 because it's fast and its interface is good. FE11 too (though I don't think I finished any FE11 draft...).

4) All of Encounter Mafia past Day 2.

5) Nyoom.

What are you, a bike?

Related to a prior question: Is BBM actually Mecha-Hitler?

Edited by Xinnidy