Fire Emblem Awakening DLC Mafia [ Game Over ]

Elieson

@Eclipse: Just because Someone has good points on someone doesn't make me want to instantly say "HEY, YOU'RE TOWN CAUSE LIKE WE ALMOST KINDA PARTIALLY THINK ALIKE"

I mean if that was the case then I'd probably be saying a lot of people in this game are town, like forrealz.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On reread. . .

After skimming the last page, Quote's been posting a lot in succession with minute intervals between them. Dunno why but that just strikes me as paranoid/self-conscious.

##Unvote

##Vote: Quote

Beginning to wonder whether or not this is a bus (source: gut, and the apathetic dismissal in FFM's final post). I'll decide this later.

eclipse, I found Eury scummy because despite trying to post something, the actual post didn't really achieve much so it filled space more than it furthered the game in my eyes. Paper I legitimately forgot existed. Looking back, other than his tier list post, he hasn't really done much at all... and by that I mean he hasn't really posted more than one liners. eclipse is a definite improvement over Mancer, but I feel that a lot of her initial post are just reactions to what's been said without a huge amount of depth. I accept this is her first proper post but the slot itself doesn't look great.

Like, he's reading Rapier as scum (but everyone always does, right?), where he kinda explains why, but his Eury scumread seems entirely left field. I mean, it's easy enough to try and get Rapier lynched, but it seems like an easy target and Eury was only included to make it look like he wasn't tunneling Rapier. I dislike Eury for the reasons above, but Paper's never mentioned her other than his tier list.

##Unvote

##Vote: Paperblade

Rapier's kinda eh because of his hesitancy to commit. Like, from his posts he admits that his Makaze read isn't very strong and voting FFM is valid, but he then holds onto his Makaze vote? It's not like Makaze was terribly likely to be lynched at that point. I've got stuff to do this afternoon but I'll try and say stuff in the evening at some point.

Eurykin's longest wall (which is more like a high curb) had a bunch of questions. However, it looks like she didn't have time to come back and follow up on those questions, as opposed to leaving those questions there for the sake of having content. This, along with that final post by FFM, makes me think she's more likely to be busy, which tells me nothing about her alignment.

Not really reading Paper as scum ATM, because of the fact that he's actually attempted. . .something to get D2 rolling, and it's not "vibes", or follow-the-leader.

I subbed in relatively late last night, which is why I went through the game and wrote down my thoughts as I went through. Now that I have things that are directed in response to my post, I can start producing my own stuff.

At this point, Rapier's a decent lynch just because of the associative reads he'll give (which I'm going to need). Still reading him as null, but that's because I'm stuck on his D1 content.

Like, seriously, you can call my wall barebones or dislike my tone or whatever but if no one is gonna actually refute anything in it (especially the part about FFM probably not bussing buddies) then you're just being dumb. Mafia was lynched D1 yet no one seems to be making any attempt at associative reads.

This isn't the Mafia Championship, Paper. . .remember that it's the role PM you're after, not the person behind it. . .

really?

well okay then

I don't like letting subs change my reads on people but I guess we'll see, I have to do some work today but I'll be lurking on my phone

. . .but I do have to agree that ignoring associative reads from a flipped scum in favor of someone who said he'd be busy is frustrating. I'm biased, but Paper's logic holds.

... On the other hand, does anyone have any idea why scum didn't kill anyone last night? Could Mancer's subbing out have anything to do with it or no?

1. Town protective role prevented the kill (doctor/hook/jailer/deathproof)

2. ITP has a BP

Which means we either have a very lucky protective role, or a very unlucky ITP. Straight probability tells me it's the second one.

I wouldn't be so obvious in a bus, Mak. I'm just demotivated and haven't really read anything since yesterday was my birthday and I've been busy, what with birthday stuff and starting this RP of mine and ugh.

Oh crap, happy belated birthday~!

I mean, the content that Rapier has is fine by his standards, but something about how it reads feels really wrong to me. I dunno, gutreads on D2 are shitty to run off, but his tone is giving me a really bad vibe. I dunno.

Given the activity in this game, I do NOT blame you.

The Mancer read was admittedly very preemptive, he only had one real post, and it was very solid to me. After that, things went downhill. The post calling out Quote (rest in peace :(, hope you feel better in irl) on bussing was very weak in particular, as was his reaction which seemed very scummy to me. I need to reread Eclipse again, since I only skimmed what she posted.

Protip: "I only skimmed this person" means that putting them as your second-strongest scumread is a really bad idea. I've got content NOW, so what do you make of it?

@Eclipse: Just because Someone has good points on someone doesn't make me want to instantly say "HEY, YOU'RE TOWN CAUSE LIKE WE ALMOST KINDA PARTIALLY THINK ALIKE"

I mean if that was the case then I'd probably be saying a lot of people in this game are town, like forrealz.

I think you missed the point. Let me refresh your memory.

GET YOUR VOTE OFF ME YOU DUMB SCUM.

Strawman and Eury come back. :(:

Ghoulin: Why should Paperblade be lynched today? Good votes are accompanied by "this person did this, this, and that". This should've been posted last night, but eh.

Ahem. . .after some early-morning thoughts (which definitely wasn't because I was rudely awakened by a calf cramp), I have a theory as to why Makaze followed Quote around like a younger sibling - and it includes him being town (though saying "I'm town" is a piss-poor defense). Lord Gaius' most recent string of posts don't add up. He's voting Makaze for one of the same reasons that I am, yet has me as his second-highest scum read? If I'm scum, do you think I'm bussing Makaze?

##Unvote

##Vote: Lord Gaius

You of all people should know how well I take jokes when I'm playing mafia. Your content otherwise is pretty sparse, and you've taken most of this day to respond to a single point that I made. . .which IMO is a lot worse. Do you have anything else to say about the game?

Uh, well I like shin better than I did yesterday. You're posts have for the most part been better than mancers. I'm getting biased annoying feelings from you which I'm ignoring cause petty biased reasons aren't helpful at all.

And I'm like 90% sure there is scum between gaius and makaze. I'll be honest I don't really like either of their posts at the moment, they are both striking me as off and gaius seems to have tunnel goggles on Makaze. He's stated thoughts on other players, yeah, but I feel they haven't really amounted to much if that makes sense?

I've got to reread the stuff from makaze and rapier really bad.

Laziness though is like a killer.

Starting most of my thoughts/comments from page 9 on.

> Page 9:

- I'm not really understanding/seeing how Shinori's post (that prompted the read/vote on him here) = scummy.

- Agree with the comments wrt FFM finding Via "scummy" for pretty graspy/weak reasons.

- Does suspecting multiple people/"half the player base" necessarily a scum tell? Or someone getting hung up on little things that aren't truly/necessarily scum tells?

- Shin's vote/thoughts on FFM are fair.

> Page 10:

- I understand that Ghoulin is a new player in this game, but something about these posts ping me as slightly off. I feel that, in regards to any new player, it's pretty obvious that there wouldn't be a lot of knowledge of how to do Mafia gameplay, but the lack of pro-active "How can I improve on this?" questions/prodding that I'd expect from a newbie player is leaving a weird read to me.

- Seems kinda an easy reason/way to cop-out of giving any new thoughts/reads (by sitting on the Shinori vote and "waiting for his response" before giving anything more).

- The content in this Rapier post feels wonky to me. Secondly, trying to put Makaze ahead of FFM in terms of "He's moreso veteran than FFM" actually sounds pretty poor to me, since I recall moreso of FFM activity/gameplay (or at least I think he started before Makaze did) over the former, which seems like an easy way to put Makaze ahead in priority. (I also don't think that line of logic, in general, really suits the given situation.)

- I feel as though Poly waves off Rapier's errors/nitpicks a little too easily for my liking; possible interactions read here.

- I don't see how Rapier's responses = "probably town" as a result. Again, food for thought in terms of interactions.

- I somewhat can see #1 answer but Rapier's #2 response sounds completely off to me. (How it even answers/responds to Makaze's #2, I don't even know?) Like, obviously you can't vote for two people, so why bother stating the latter comments at all? (Unnecessary filler/fluff?)

- Though I don't disagree that people poofing under pressure = seems bad/possibly scummy, I feel the vote on FFM here felt a little too easy coming from Makaze. If some pressure is already being applied (and a response has yet to be garnered), I feel it's a waste of time to drop more cherries on the top of the growing pile (as opposed to working through other cases/posts in the meantime and utilizing your vote better).

> Page 11:

- While it is true that others can stand to gain things as a result of your actions I'd still expect you to be able to post up your own thoughts/opinions as a result of said actions, Makaze. If you splash about for a certain reason, you shouldn't have to rely on others to state something you yourself should've realized/garnered. (It's like passively shoving up a wagon without being loud/openly supportive of the thought.) Mildly pinging me slightly.

- Shinori's minor wallish post read alright to me- his tone seemed alright, and his wording strikes me moreso as town!nori than scum!nori (partially gut read on him, but also he's not horribly grasping or otherwise poorly casing his thoughts/reads on people imo).

- Poly/Via's FFM consolidation vote (by this point/time) seems reasonable/okay in my eyes.

- Strawman's "No Lynch" vote, on the other hand, reads pretty poor to me. You don't need to vote "No Lynch" to not actively participate in whatever active lynch is happening, and NL'ing (with how D1 had been playing out, along with how most games are in general) is generally worse for town-side than not, unless you're in a -YLO situation.

- FFM, imo, kinda made things pretty obvious that he wasn't town based on his reaction/posts. A real townie wouldn't hesitate to make his/her thoughts and cases/votes known for the rest of us to know, even if there's no saving their own skin by the end of the day phase (only scum/ITP's have reason to fear for their own deaths and/or otherwise put survival ahead of scum hunting).

- The lack of Ghoulin's effort is kinda turning me off a bit. Not really feeling a pro-active drive to do ANYTHING, and the nonchalant tone/comments read pretty bad to me.

- Shin's response towards FFM and other matters reads alright to me.

> Page 12:

- Wrt LG's wall here:

~ His reads in general kinda feel muddled/vague, and otherwise doesn't have much in-depth content, I feel. Regarding specific reads:

1. Quite a few of his reads, including Poly, Ghoulin, Via, etc. are vague at best; doesn't tell much about them (whether they're townie/scummy/whatever), and feels like they're skimming over them at times.

2. FFM notions only say "FFM's not looking so hot". This could easily be a notion in terms of FFM being in hot water/the top wagon at the time, and says little to nothing as to whether he views FFM as being scummy or not (possible interactions here?).

3. Based on what I garnered from the reads, you seem to have thoughts concerning Makaze/Shinori/Shin/FFM in terms of scumminess/off gameplay, but there's very little to describe why you're sitting on Makaze vote (amongst all others), while willing to consolidate on only FFM. You also put in a "Cut" on Shin saying that his last post was "Better", but fail to say how/in what ways his response affected your read on him (what makes him seem better to you than before his latest post?).

-- TL;dr: Most of your "reads" on people seem like you're just sitting back and parroting to us what they were doing all game- not so much how/what it's doing to affect your perception of them. Very passive gameplay in that sense, and the picks of who you elaborated on (as opposed to being super vague on) may offer some insight in more correlations later down the line.

- FFM's read post:

~ Lol, that supposed hypocrisy in my post(s) is mildly amusing.

~ Odd comment wrt Paper, though- I feel as though he's handwaving him on the basis of not giving content being part of his meta (when I don't see that as being altogether true based on what I've seen in games with PB). Considering plausible interactions here.

~ Also wouldn't agree with the Makaze "meta" read either.

~ The thoughts on Poly (and lack of applying meta read on him, as opposed to the rest of the players in the list) feels off to me, actually. Also, the "He should know better" sort of logic comes off pretty poor to me, so don't care for it either.

---- Gonna stop here for now (this concludes end of D1 content/posting); got some IRL shizz I need to get to, but otherwise sorting things out from D1 interactions/posting:

> Ghoulin needs to be more pro-active with his posting/gameplay. New or not, no one learns how to swim by not participating/being willing to stick his foot in the water. That being said, his lack of interaction/gameplay in itself may be a slight town-slip on its own, but not willing to bank solely on that chance with reading him.

> Makaze's D1 gameplay is seeming a bit off to me, in terms of he doesn't seem to be willing to push his reads/thoughts nearly as hard as I'm used to seeing town!Makaze doing. That, and his more passive tactics of letting other people make the cases around his own actions feels unlike him, and otherwise doesn't feel great to me.

> Other players that are pinging me as off/concerning at this point: LG, Rapier, and possibly Poly.

Reads/thoughts on them (and others) will be fleshed out/concluded later on when I can sort D2 posts thus far. Until then, Eury out.

[spoiler=Also, side tangent but still mildly game/thread-relevant]

- Can the mods please take more care in spamming game threads with things like the votals and such? Having an automated system is great and all, but the amount of votal spam posts has bulked up this thread almost three-fold moreso than what it should be. That, and likewise, I'd like to see the other players not needlessly spamming "##Votals" constantly either, because that (if it is triggering the bot successfully) is likewise adding fuel to the obnoxious fire that the votal bot spam has become in this game alone. o___e;;

(Doing so around phase end and such is fine, but we don't need like, three to four people spam posting it at the same time. For god's sake, if you REALLY NEED TO KNOW THE VOTES, just look at the LAST VOTAL POSTED, and read the posts thereafter to keep track of who's voting on who. It's not hard. :/)

PS. ARGH. BROKEN LINKS. Whatever. At least you guys have Page numbers n' shit to work with (but if there's any trouble correlating comments to the respected posts I was responding to, then just ask if need be). SF posting system be trollin' me. :[

- Eury out.

Rage, massive Eury wall of actually cool content. I'm heading off to bed soon, but I'm feeling better about Eury. I still take issue with Paper, but looking at what Eury's said, a case on Rapier is starting to seem pretty legit.

Day 2: Automated Votals from #239 to #341

Rapier (3): Paperblade, Makaze, Blackhawk Stinger

Paperblade (2): NecroGhoulin, Shin

eclipse(Mancer) (1): Quote

Makaze (1): Lord Gaius

Lord Gaius (1): eclipse(Mancer)

Not voting (4): Sawslothducksaucestrawman, Rapier, Shinori, Eurykins

Errors (3): Paperblade, NecroGhoulin, NecroGhoulin

Phase ends in 40h36m. Hammer at 7.

Vote history:

Shin (2): Eurykins -> Paperblade

Quote (2): Paperblade -> eclipse(Mancer)

Makaze (5): Paperblade -> Unvote -> Rapier -> eclipse(Mancer) -> Rapier

Paperblade (1): Rapier

eclipse(Mancer) (2): Makaze -> Lord Gaius

NecroGhoulin (1): Paperblade

Blackhawk Stinger (1): Rapier

Lord Gaius (1): Makaze

<Beta v0.1.6>.

This should be correct please let me know if it's not.

Edited by Sara.

Isn't it a bit weird if you just say "I'm town" Makaze?No one would believe that :3 But maybe you are or not.Anyways MancerNecro seems a bit scummy to me too.He doesn't play that much maybe cause he can't cover up his scum identity or he is just "tired" like how he said he is.

@Paperblade: Your Eury scum read feels really contrived. You've barely talked about her yet have her as your second highest scum read. Why is she there?

Looking at your two reasons for scumreading her:

1. FFM last minute "smeared" her in his final post.

Regardless that I think this was a desperate attempt by an FFM who had already shown reluctance in posting his thoughts, let's assume it was valid. Why does this incriminate Eury, but not Poly or Makaze? You have both the latter two in your town reads section on your list.

2. Either her or Shinori are scum, and Shinori has better interactions with FFM.

This is just like irrelevant, and extra padding to make your first reason sound more valid. I read both FFM and Shinori's ISO. Neither ever gave any interactions between themselves, so this point is kind of just wrong. Unless you're arguing that Eury has worse interactions because she got attacked by FFM in his final post (and that this is still worse than ShinorixFFM's 0 interactions) which I still disagree with.

Euru and Eclipse, working on stuff you asked me about now.

Isn't it a bit weird if you just say "I'm town" Makaze?No one would believe that :3 But maybe you are or not.Anyways MancerNecro seems a bit scummy to me too.He doesn't play that much maybe cause he can't cover up his scum identity or he is just "tired" like how he said he is.

It may be a little weird, but you'll see if/when I flip.

On that note, Ghoulin is being a little scummy, only voting for Mancer's slot... Making no efforts to scumread anyone else. Even when they mention me, they waffle. Shouldn't he be more concerned to find out who was with FFM even if he's new?

I agree with Makaze, there's only so weirdly a person can play. However, I'd imagine Ghoulin's buddies, if he had them, would probably give him stuff to say. My first game ever was as scum and I literally had Boron tell me everything I needed to do (it's nice to see some things never change).

Ghoulin, please try to contribute to the game, if you don't know how to play, either do some reading about mafia basics or ask for a sub. My opinion on Paper still stands, I feel no real conviction in his posts and a lot of whatevers. Whilst a lot of the game are guilty of extreme laziness, his has stood out to me the most. I'm struggling to get much more from FFM's interactions, maybe even his own scumbuddies didn't like him?

@Shin The thing is FFM had like very limited interactions with anyone in the game. I got RVS voted by him, he voted Quote for bad reasons, and then he had the desperation post which I already doubt the validity of. Not really that much to go off of, at least from FFM's ISO. '

@Ghoulin: You really have to buck up and make some analyses of the game and reads on the players. You're not helping town at all by being very passive, not scum-hunting, leaving your vote on Mancer's slot, etc.

Eury: OK, so you have a problem with some of my reads being vague. When I posted that, I was in a rush, and some players left much stronger impressions on me than others. Sorry about that, I've talked about who I felt deserves more hard pressing. Also, for your wall post, why don't you vote anybody? You clearly have a lot of people that you can see scum intent from, but you still leave yourself voteless. I'm having trouble seeing what the priority of your scumreads are, which is ironically similar to what you're asking me about.

Eclipse: Mancer and Makaze had no interactions as far as I can tell from before Mancer subbed out. Just because you and me agree on a scumread doesn't mean I have to think your slot is town. It's possible that you could both be scum together.