D1D04FF.jpg

yFbSA1u.png: "I'll do my best. Andross won't have his way with me!"

Origin: Starfox/Starwing for the SNES
Year: 1993
Developer: Nintendo
Current English VA: Mike West
Current Japanese VA: Kenji Nojima
Framedata
RSATD: Fox's B moves reference his various Arwings functions, such as the Reflector being like that of a Barrel Roll among other things, its up for debate on the rest of his Specials.

So here we have Fox, one of the highest skill curve characters, no matter what smash you're playing, he's really fun and really technical, also hard to fight if you are fighting a competent one, he's fast, has some nice kill confirms, good throws, a solid recovery especially now that Up B can be done out of Side B, His shine getting some of its old spike ability, a very good moveset that flows into itself.

I've always wanted to be good with Fox, but I've always prefered Falco, both as a character and in terms of Smash style. DISCUSS.

Also his voice is MEH IN SMASH 4 FIRE... EW

Edited by Jedi

Ah, Fox. Fun Character to use. Fast, good combos. and nice throws, No more jab infinite, but you can still get at least one or two in and then grab. His recovery is better but still can be exploitable. I kinda miss being able to shine spike lol. at least its a little better now. HIs Moveset is great. I'd put him somewhere between 10-12 on a tier list tbh.very good character.

also his voice acting in 4. yeeeoooww. geez lol

Edited by Ice Sage

Ah, Fox. Fun Character to use. Fast, good combos. and nice throws, No more jab infinite, but you can still get at least one or two in and then grab. His recovery is better but still can be exploitable. I kinda miss being able to shine spike lol. at least its a little better now. HIs Moveset is great. I'd put him somewhere between 10-12 on a tier list tbh.very good character.

Maybe we should do some Fox dittos! I know for a fact, getting better with Fox helps your fundamentals with like everyone in smash generally. Like it seems to be true in every smash game.

Maybe we should do some Fox dittos! I know for a fact, getting better with Fox helps your fundamentals with like everyone in smash generally. Like it seems to be true in every smash game.

Sure! Whenever i have free time i'll try to help~

Fox used to be one of my more common secondaries, then I started liking Falco more.

Still though, he's really not an annoying character to fight, and he's really fun to play as with a pretty strong moveset as icing on the cake. His recovery is amazing in terms of reach especially with the wall-jump he has, but it's really readable and in a stage like Battlefield, makes him very exposed to stage spiking. Blaster isn't as viable (although I think it got buffed recently) as in past games iirc, but it's still the best feeling to spam it on someone after a shield break and kill them with an u-smash.

Was really salty about the removal of jab infinite because I only just learned that when the patch happened, but even so I enjoy playing him every now and then.

Was really salty about the removal of jab infinite because I only just learned that when the patch happened, but even so I enjoy playing him every now and then.

Fox and Link mains both feel the pain of losing those jab infinites :/

Still though, he's really not an annoying character to fight, and he's really fun to play as

My opinion could not be any more polar opposite of this fragment. Good Foxes are mondo-annoying to fight simply because they can do so much stuff to you so fast, while you're generally struggling to actually land any of your KO moves against him. Conversely, I can't stand playing as him or Falco because, among all the other things that make their skill curve ridiculously high, they insist on falling like a rock in a vacuum. They're not as offending as they were in Melee (and quite frankly, no character should ever be), but to be frank, there is nothing worse than losing simply on account of the sheer fact that some tryhard is able to press buttons faster than you. (That's actually part of what I can't stand about the fighting game genre in general--whoever can make precisely the correct inputs faster can simply shut the other person out of even trying to play.)

Because of both the speed and range of Blaster, Fox is bar-none the best character to bring into Crazy Orders (with the First Strike/Home-Run Bat/Quick Batter all-Speed-boosting Equipment combo), and while I can get decently large Turn counts, I have only managed to actually have a successful run only once ever thus far. Very probably my second-worst character, next only to Falco, and I despise them both with a passion.

Just like any one game against him, let's get these matchups over with . . .

Yoshi: Fox has to tryharder to edge out against you, so if he doesn't respect Yoshi then the game is basically yours. If he's piloted by a good player, however, then approaching him will be a bit of a pain--and Fox specializes in forcing approaches with Blaster and Reflector. You basically have to try to outread him, but on the plus-side, your up-smash and up-air are at least as deadly as his.

Charizard: This is actually a very interesting matchup that other players have analyzed better than I could. The general consensus is that the matchup is roughly 50/50, but of course that's dramatically over-simplifying things. All I know is that my Charizard can eat scrub Foxes for breakfast, though admittedly it probably helps that Charizard is a very under-respected character in general.

Robin: Unlike someone like Captain Falcon, you are not allowed the luxury of waiting for Fox to come to you and then bringing him down to your speed. You have to use your swords a lot; it's safest to combo into your spells. Not a fun time.

Mii Swordfighter: Gale Strike is still usable but unfortunately it doesn't eat Blaster shots; also beware if he pulls out Reflector point-blank, as you will be left all kinds of vulnerable. You have some range on him outside of the projectile game, but generally speaking he can do everything else better than you. Unfavorable.

Edited by Tamarsamar

They're not as offending as they were in Melee (and quite frankly, no character should ever be), but to be frank, there is nothing worse than losing simply on account of the sheer fact that some tryhard is able to press buttons faster than you.

people shouldn't be allowed to talk about subjects if they're going to butcher them like this

i don't think there's much to fox. he just wins the neutral and gets kills easily on account of having good frame data. fair combos are cool though.

My area uses customs, so if you play with customs, watch out for fox's upb 3, which kills ridiculously early (70%ish in the air) but is a risky option because of how easily it can be punished. He doesn't really trade anything for this stupid killing power except it has slightly lower travel speed and travels less distance IIRC. There aren't really other customs to write home about except his neutral b 2, which is basically a better Falco laser.