Double Mythic Heroes: Gullveig & Kvasir

Fire Emblem Fan

Both of their prf weapons/skills sure are walls of text that I definitely don't want to read.

Every banner it gets harder and harder to actually understand what the fuck any of these weapons and skills do.

Njordr was straight up erased from existence. He was not only never going to appear here, but we won't get him in any form ever.

11 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Both of their prf weapons/skills sure are walls of text that I definitely don't want to read.

Every banner it gets harder and harder to actually understand what the fuck any of these weapons and skills do.

The main takeaway about Gullveig specifically is that no one should even try anymore during Anima seasons in Aether Raids. If you still insist on doing so, you are somehow more of a masochist than I am.

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

The main takeaway about Gullveig specifically is that no one should even try anymore during Anima seasons in Aether Raids. If you still insist on doing so, you are somehow more of a masochist than I am.

Guess I'm taking my 15 bronze thrones and getting the fuck out of AR

Holy Naga's fossil excrement! Gullveig is more fire than the Flame Emperor with that DOUBLE GALEFORCE!!! Someone please summon her, and let me live vicariously through you and watch her demolish all those offense teams. KNEEL BEFORE THE QUEEN!!!

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

I just assume every new nuke nukes harder than the last one, and every new tank tanks harder than the last one.

Seidr is technically on this banner 3 times. Jokingly, yeesh, what a slot hog. But really, in some ways, it strikes me as cool.

Also, looks like we get some explanation to how the time loop began: a flaw in time. So, I guess the loop just...always was until the Askrans fixed it (and we just hadn't gotten to it yet before)?

I may not have liked the book very much, but the voice lines (especially of Kvasir) seem to be really well-written and well-acted. I may pull for them (Kvasir and Gullveig, but especially Kvasir.)

I feel like Gullveig is the least threating of the two Mythics introduces today. But both are very strong.

Gullveig gets 70% DR on first hit only, so if you have a Vantage unit that can attack twice, and she is not using Hardy Bearing, she easily dies on the counterattack. I would consider changing her B skill for Wind or Water sweep, or giving her Hardy Bearing seal just in case. Even with Hardy Fighter (no Windsweep), there is a chance of Altina surviving the first attack and killing her on the counterattack because of the damage reduction she gets from her A skill, plus damage reduction from allies like Elimine or Veyle.

Kvasir, meanwhile, gets 70% DR on all first hits, just like annoying Wind Claude, on top of being a Dark Season which is already a Season with very annoying Mythics. And there are no Light Mythics that can really counter her. I feel like her special is clearly meant to refresh the Dancer that will warp to her after the first combat, so she can also get 3 actions (Attack, dancer warp and refresh, attack again, refresh the dancer, dancer refresh her, attack again).

Both Mythics are annoying but if one season is more for masochists, it's the Dark Season imo.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I feel like Gullveig is the least threating of the two Mythics introduces today. But both are very strong.

Gullveig gets 70% DR on first hit only, so if you have a Vantage unit that can attack twice, and she is not using Hardy Bearing, she easily dies on the counterattack. I would consider changing her B skill for Wind or Water sweep, or giving her Hardy Bearing seal just in case. Even with Hardy Fighter (no Windsweep), there is a chance of Altina surviving the first attack and killing her on the counterattack because of the damage reduction she gets from her A skill, plus damage reduction from allies like Elimine or Veyle.

Kvasir, meanwhile, gets 70% DR on all first hits, just like annoying Wind Claude, on top of being a Dark Season which is already a Season with very annoying Mythics. And there are no Light Mythics that can really counter her. I feel like her special is clearly meant to refresh the Dancer that will warp to her after the first combat, so she can also get 3 actions (Attack, dancer warp and refresh, attack again, refresh the dancer, dancer refresh her, attack again).

Both Mythics are annoying but if one season is more for masochists, it's the Dark Season imo.

Thing about Gullveig that I think you are overlooking a bit is just how much chip damage units can take from her. Who need damage reduction piercing when you reduce the unit's to so low hp it doesn't actually matter. You need a unreal amounts of dr to survive at 1 hp which can easily happen with say Gullveig base kit and savage blow seal.  Keep in mind that even if you do kill the Gullveig the chip damage is staying for follow up attackers.

Brave Gullveig already showed us how much damage multiple flared sparrows can do this is on a cav with an additional galeforce from the special.

Also just saying both would be infinitely better as offensive mythics than defensive. Gullveig in particular would be the most perfect offensive mythic ever.

1 hour ago, vikingsfan92 said:

Thing about Gullveig that I think you are overlooking a bit is just how much chip damage units can take from her. Who need damage reduction piercing when you reduce the unit's to so low hp it doesn't actually matter. You need a unreal amounts of dr to survive at 1 hp which can easily happen with say Gullveig base kit and savage blow seal.  Keep in mind that even if you do kill the Gullveig the chip damage is staying for follow up attackers.

Brave Gullveig already showed us how much damage multiple flared sparrows can do this is on a cav with an additional galeforce from the special.

Also just saying both would be infinitely better as offensive mythics than defensive. Gullveig in particular would be the most perfect offensive mythic ever.

Unless Gullveig has Hardy Bearing, I am not really scared of her. Brave Gullveig never caused me trouble in Astra/Anima seasons.

If they don't want people to play Aether Raids anymore, they could just come out and say it. If that wasn't their intention, then the game designers are bad at their jobs, but we kind of already know that they are regardless.

Only one spark on this banner is shit. This was the case for the previous double banners since the spark is exclusive to Feh Pass, but it's shit this time because all of the previous banners had the new new units share a color.

It looks like I'm going to be aiming for 1 copy of Kvasir and sparking for a second copy since I'd like to get Incite Atk/Spd on a unit that can duplicate it and then going for as many copies of Gullveig as the game decides to give me while trying to get more merges on Fomortiis and Guinevere since the colorless pity breakers are significantly better than the red ones. However, I'm not going to be aiming for a +10 on any of the units on this banner (if I get one, it'll be because my pulls were that lopsided and not because I was aiming for one). It's not worth it since I'll probably already be wasting a good number of pulls on red for Kvasir at the start.

Anyways, the usual translation notes:

Kvasir's epithet, "Seer of the Past", is "過去の魔女" (kako no majo), "Witch of the Past".

Incipit Kvasir is "始端クワシル" (shitan kuwashiru), "Origin: Kvasir".

Light Is Time is "光は時" (hikari wa toki), "Light Is Time".

Time's Gate is "時の門" (toki no mon), "Gate of Time".

Lull Spd/Res is "速さ魔防の凪" (hayasa mabō no nagi), "Spd/Res Lull". As usual, "凪" (nagi) means "lull" as a noun, as in "calmness", not as a verb.

Incite Atk/Spd is "攻撃速さの奮激" (kōgeki hayasa no fungeki), "Atk/Spd Inspiration". Compare the now three Rouse skill variants: Rouse is "奮起" (funki), "rousing", or literally "to rouse and awaken". Alarm is "奮進" (funshin), "rousing advance" (to my knowledge, this is a novel compound), or literally "to rouse and advance". Incite is "奮激" (fungeki), "inspiration", or literally "to rouse and excite".

Incited is "奮激" (fungeki), "Inspiration".

Gullveig's epithet, "Golden Seer", is "黄金の魔女" (ōgon no majo), "Golden Witch".

Quietus Gullveig is "終端グルヴェイグ" (shūtan guruveigu), "Terminus: Gullveig".

Time Is Light is "時は光" (toki wa hikari), "Time Is Light".

Occultist's Strike is "魔の蛇毒" (ma no jadoku), "Magical Snake Venom". Compare with Poison Strike, which is "蛇毒" (jadoku), "Snake Venom". The "魔の" (ma no), "magical", prefix is the same one used in Mag. Null Follow, so we can expect to get a physical version of the skill in the future.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Given the the offensive Tempo effect is tied to their Special, I wonder how the offensive Tempo effect interacts with the defensive counterpart on an enemy. I forget how it works but I believe effects on a Special upon trigger.

Looking at the lineup, there are enough duds for me to not pull on the banner. I'm hoping both of them land a spot on the AHR banner and pull there instead.  

1 hour ago, Flying Shogi said:

Given the the offensive Tempo effect is tied to their Special, I wonder how the offensive Tempo effect interacts with the defensive counterpart on an enemy. I forget how it works but I believe effects on a Special upon trigger.

Both Light is Time and Time is Light nullifies the Guard effect. So you can't stop their special from charging. That's what we call the "Offensive Tempo effect"

What we call the "Defensive Tempo effect" is when you nullify the effects that grant extra special charges, like Heavy and Flashing Blade, Breath, or the QqWpS7q.pngSpecial Cooldown Charge +1 status effect granted by skills like Atk/Spd Pledge and Oracle's Breath.

Each half of the Tempo skill don't interact with each other.

So if Gullveig is in combat against a foe that has Tempo, that means nothing.

Kvasir, however, has Special Cooldown Charge +1 on her tome, so the foe with Tempo will nullify that effect. So instead of her Cooldown going from 4 to 2 with her attack, the cooldown will go from 4 to 3, for example.

Welp, apparently I just beat the abyssal map by doing weird things I didn't mean to do and manipulating the AI onto the opposite end of the map, giving myself some breathing room to pick things off one by one. Hurray?

Also, if the BHB is indicative of how AI-controlled Gullveig and Kvasir are going to be on AR teams, Kvasir is gonna be 100000x more annoying than Gullveig. My +res Guinevere couldn't tank Kvasir even on hard, if I'm not remembering wrong. And she refuses to die easily because >too much speed to reliably double >fucking damage reduction.

3 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

And she refuses to die easily because >too much speed to reliably double >fucking damage reduction.

Yeah, I was surprised by that too, considering she even tanked a Ruptured Sky from my Brave Eirika (Gullveig went out in one hit). I like that they both have different roles: Gullveig is a nuke, Kvasir is a tank... though of course they're both terrifying in practice.

By the way, is Incite now the go-to C Skill for Cavs who already have Canto instead of Alarm? It's nice that both units have skills that are relatively easy to inherit despite being so premium compared to those we've gotten over the last few months.

17 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Passive skill effects on Specials behave exactly like passive skills and are independent of actually triggering the Special.

The English descriptions are a bit less consistent than in Japanese (which also aren't consistent, particularly with skills from launch), but if the Special also has a passive effect, the parts that depend on triggering the Special are usually marked with "when Special triggers" or "boosts Special damage".

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

By the way, is Incite now the go-to C Skill for Cavs who already have Canto instead of Alarm?

Incite is now strictly better than Alarm if the unit already has Canto on a different slot.

Incite is now also the go-to C skill for ranged cavalry for "simple" builds because it's generally better than both Menace and Rouse 4. Specialized builds obviously still want to run the skill for their role, like Ploy 4 or Smoke 4.

Incite is also usable by all infantry, which means it can be run instead of Pledge on builds with Oath Echo (or any other teleportation effect) if the unit doesn't need Pledge's secondary effect, though you'll probably still want to wait for Def Oath Echo or Res Oath Echo to not overlap stat bonuses. It's also generally better than Menace on combat units as long as the unit doesn't have an effect that relies on enemy stat penalties.

It's really nice that Incite has the exact same inheritance restrictions as Rouse because it means I can use either Rearmed Ophelia or Rearmed Chrom to duplicate the skill, and I have a lot of copies of both (though now I have to figure out who between the two of them to actually give it to).

I feared that it would be restricted to only ranged cavalry as a ranged counterpart to Alarm, which would've sucked because the only unit that would've been able to duplicate the skill right now would've been Ginnungagap.